New to Guild Wars.. Other girls that play?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

Well, I know that at least the dungeon folks who say they are females are actually female…. You have this thing called VoIP and it is verifiable.

I am a female, and folks who dungeon with me know that. Also I’ve met a ton of females…. I think actually, In the guilds I’ve been in, it has been about 35% female (or thereabouts)…

Anyway, I don’t think there are any official statistics on it. Would be interesting to see!

Um… what does Voice Over IP have to do with Dungeons, much less this game (which unless I am very mistaken doesn’t have a voice chat function built into it)?

…. Most good dungeon runners use VoIP… So you can tell a female voice from a Male one? Sorry I thought that was obvious.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

Well, I know that at least the dungeon folks who say they are females are actually female…. You have this thing called VoIP and it is verifiable.

I am a female, and folks who dungeon with me know that. Also I’ve met a ton of females…. I think actually, In the guilds I’ve been in, it has been about 35% female (or thereabouts)…

Anyway, I don’t think there are any official statistics on it. Would be interesting to see!

Um… what does Voice Over IP have to do with Dungeons, much less this game (which unless I am very mistaken doesn’t have a voice chat function built into it)?

…. Most good dungeon runners use VoIP… So you can tell a female voice from a Male one? Sorry I thought that was obvious.

I guess I don’t know very many good dungeoner’s then. Most of the people I run with use no voice chat whatsoever to complete their runs. And how does a glorified Caller ID guarantee that you can distinguish between a male or a female voice?

I am a guy, yet when I answer the phone and it is a telemarketer I am often greeted with a “Hello Ma’am.” after asking who is on the other line. Probably because as I recently learned, the land line at my house is registered to my Mom instead of my Dad.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

(edited by An Siorai Tharian.4516)

LittleLepton.8915

I guess I don’t know very many good dungeoner’s then. Most of the people I run with use no voice chat whatsoever to complete their runs. And how does a glorified Caller ID guarantee that you can distinguish between a male or a female.

I am a guy, yet when I answer the phone and it is a telemarketer I am often greeted with a “Hello Ma’am.” after asking who is on the other line. Probably because as I recently learned, the land line at my house is registered to my Mom instead of my Dad.

Uh, VoIP, meaning teamspeak or whatever. Also I’m sorry if your voice is not easily distinguishable for your gender. I’m just saying in general, on VoIP females sound like females, and males sound like males. But you’re right this isn’t always true.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

An Siorai Tharian.4516

Uh, VoIP, meaning teamspeak or whatever. Also I’m sorry if your voice is not easily distinguishable for your gender. I’m just saying in general, on VoIP females sound like females, and males sound like males. But you’re right this isn’t always true.

I am pretty sure that I am what qualifies as a Baritone. Which is the second lowest type of voice a male can possibly have. I can, if singing on key, pull off a Bass voice. My voice is not easily mistaken for a female voice.

And so glad you can agree with me that males (especially Countertenors, and Tenors) can pull off realistic female voices.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA

(edited by An Siorai Tharian.4516)

LittleLepton.8915

I am pretty sure that I am what qualifies as a Baritone. Which is the second lowest type of voice a male can possibly have. I can, if singing on key, pull off a Bass voice. My voice is not easily mistaken for a female voice.

And so glad you can agree with me that males (especially Countertenors, and Tenors) can pull off realistic female voices.

Baritones are sexy.

I can also pull off a male voice, but why would I? Hehe

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

An Siorai Tharian.4516

uh huh. that would be good to know, if it weren’t for the fact that voice has no bearing on physical appearance… whatsoever.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA

LittleLepton.8915

uh huh. that would be good to know, if it weren’t for the fact that voice has no bearing on physical appearance… whatsoever.

One can find a person sexy simply for their voice. Voices can be sexy, that there is a fact.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Hi there, I don’t know if I’m putting this forum in the correct place, but I’m sure a moderator will tell me if it should be moved.. Alright, so I’m fairly new to Guild Wars 2 (less than a month) and I’m already lvl 80 on my Sylvarian Ele on the Crystal Desert server… And I’m a female gammer. I have no problem playing with males.. but of all the people that I have met, I haven’t met another female. I know this shouldn’t be an issue, but it would just be really nice to meet some other females that are into MMO games. Would love to hear some feedback and wondering if there are other girls out there that play.
Thanks!

Two of my friends recently got into the game, both of which are women. They found the style of the female models more appealing than in other moms. They like “pretty” characters, but also threatening ones. Warrior born barbarian lady FTW

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kSOD6EsEUs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KSDnE5_Jsw

… I’ll have to admit I really don’t want to hear anything a girl needs to talk about that she can’t talk to a male associate – it just sounds creepy, even though the OP writes it in such a cute and innocent way. Likewise being wanted as a pal for being the same as 50% of human population is a weird requirement and makes me wonder what sorta fluffy pony land the person lives in to think it’s enough to make an assumption we are somehow similar enough to be friends. I don’t feel like it will improve my feeling of similarity either even if we both had blonde hair and blue eyes.
However, If you happen to run chill dungeon/fractal runs and you sorta like the game enough to learn how to play we might have something in common…

Never the less – this is all written with a good intention. I hope the OP has found what she was looking for.

Posted by: Psyx.7368

Psyx.7368

My best friend is female and she’s the one who convinced me to play the game! She is a level 80 Elementalist.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

Im one of many girl gamer’s in my guild, most fract and dungeon runs i do consist of 3-4 girls, idk the male to female ratio in gw2, but there are a lot more girls playing gw2 than most other mmos, gw1 was the same.

Posted by: Randall.7306

Randall.7306

Our Guild is 3-3, in fact, 3 couples.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

In my guild (Charter Vanguard in HoD) there are several girls/woman playing, including the co-leader Talia.

BTW, if there are any brazilian girl reading this forum, send me a PM ;D

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

All my characters are females mostly because armor in every single MMO ALWAYS looks better on them (and no, I’m not referring to you know what). A lot of people say that it’s because of the anatomy and god knows what.

Males in MMO’s always look like a bunch of kittened meat shields, with 90% of the body being muscle. I want my male character to look like a gladiator not like a brute!

But then, everything changed when the fire nation phalanx armor skin went available, now that’s something I want more of to balance my male/female characters ;D

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

My current guild is overwhelmingly female. We have a strict no-tolerance policy on homophobic and sexist remarks/behavior, which is one of the reasons I joined. I got sick of being the token female officer in my old guild with no power to enforce punishments on members making guild chat inhospitable. Even in that guild, there were female members, but in my year there I saw them all slowly start repping other guilds more and leaving due to the tone of some of our guildies (“jokingly” threatening to kitten people for poor performance, etc). I was very proud whenever a few of them would call others out on their poor behavior and I wouldn’t have to be The Constant Feminist Killjoy™, but that ~constant vigilance~ Alastor Moody lifestyle wears thin after a while. Even my boyfriend started getting frustrated and he was actually the bigger supporter of leaving that environment.

For these reasons, I completely understand why OP would want to check to see if a guild has a healthy female population. Good luck to you! Boyfriend and I so much happier in our current guild, but that’s also partly because our guild lives on Tumblr and share a loooot of interests/humor, as well as a world-outlook with a majority of our members.

I recommend finding people with really active forums or who are otherwise active on social media. Keeping in touch outside of the game is one of the best parts of finding a guild and can tell you a lot about what your experiences will be like there <3

ETA: for those insisting we’re all men pretending to be women… just stop. We chat in mumble, we read each other’s journals, meet up outside of game. Just stop. And you know what, I could care less if a male chooses to identify as female. It probably makes them more empathic to abusive language targeted to gender/sexuality which makes them a solid member of the community as far as I’m concerned.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

LittleLepton.8915

Yeah, I really love my guild. They have a policy of treating the females (like myself) exactly how they would treat their males. And that’s something I really value, because when I’m trash talked, it’s not because I’m a woman, it’s because I screw up, just like the rest of the guys. Lol

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Best way to find other girls in a game like this is voice chat. If you play WvW, ask someone if there’s a voice server to use. (Tarnished Coast uses mumble) Guilds are usually chill about females. 99% of the time it’s proven that they’re just as good if not better at the game than the guys in the guild, so we do value you gals!

correct, im pretty much undefeated in 1v1’s i cant be beaten, if i don get beat my tactics change and im certain to beat them the second and third time, however there was a girl who played a ranger ( a freaking ranger xD) that no matter what i did i couldnt win, i lost 5 times in row and accepted defeat, its equal potential in skill between sexes, however thats not what the OP was talking about :P

just be honest on your server, more than likely you’ll get pestered by a few guys but just ignore them, theres two girls in my guild and we dont pester its good for diversity i love all my members like they were my babies

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

Totally late to this party, but, if you want to meet awesome girls to play with, there’s about a 1000 of em! https://www.facebook.com/groups/guildwars2girls/

AWESOME!!Thanks for the link.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Am I the only woman in the game who don’t care how many women or “girls” play
and don’t care at all if people call me dude?

I know and have met quite a few female players- who cares really?

Gunnar’s Hold

LittleLepton.8915

Eh, I like chatting with other women. I like complaining about our husbands, kicking butt, comparing fashionable characters, kicking more butt, etc.

That’s it for me. Lol

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Morrigan.2809

Eh, I like chatting with other women. I like complaining about our husbands, kicking butt, comparing fashionable characters, kicking more butt, etc.

That’s it for me. Lol

my husband rage quits because he hasn’t played for a year and then he dies in five minutes whenever he logs on to help me., with stuff I cannot solo

this is from a Battlefield3/4 player- he thinks combat in GW2 is too hectic

Most of the people I compare fashionable characters with are guys

Gunnar’s Hold

LittleLepton.8915

That’s it for me. Lol

my husband rage quits because he hasn’t played for a year and then he dies in five minutes whenever he logs on to help me., with stuff I cannot solo

this is from a Battlefield3/4 player- he thinks combat in GW2 is too hectic

Most of the people I compare fashionable characters with are guys

Lol, I have a few guy friends who compare too, but most just ask my fashionable, aesthetics elitist advice.

My husband doesn’t play enough to know what to do most times. He struggles with anything beyond basic mapping. So I try to help him now, but he gets frustrated at jumping puzzles so I generally need to get a lot of vistas for him. I’ve been trying to level a Mesmer just to map with him but I hate the class so… Blew.

He’s an RTS guy, so meh. Mmorpgs aren’t his thing.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Morrigan.2809

hehe most of my fashionista friends are guys
my husband used to be really good but as I said Bf3/4 got his attention.
my husband used to do all jumping puzzles for me

if the game changes a bit he might join again but given the fact that he has such a big simply ltp gap I am not sure that he will ever return.

mind you if new skills and weapon skills get released, he just might

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Most of SBI’s community is headed by females.

Posted by: DebraKadabra.5278

DebraKadabra.5278

I have a really good male friend I “met” on a forum for a progressive metal band we both dig and he calls ALL the girls/ladies there “dude” lol :P

It’s nice to know who all is female on the server, but it’s not a requirement. I just want to have fun playing (and I usually do ).

What we have been is what we are.

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

I’m also on CD. I’m in the guild CLAV and there are a lot of us girls in it.

Posted by: Kittyx.3758

Kittyx.3758

I’m a girl but I’m kind of low level (level 28) but I got the game at beta but never played it over other games I got. But I want to start playing again with my new pc. I made a thread about worlds and names as I might be making all new characters.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’m a girl but I’m kind of low level (level 28) but I got the game at beta but never played it over other games I got. But I want to start playing again with my new pc. I made a thread about worlds and names as I might be making all new characters.

I’m lv 26 atm, add me if you’d like.. oh.. I’m on aurora glade server

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Here.

I’ve met so many people in GW – women, men, people whose gender I don’t know (and never asked). The only thing I care about is whether they’re fun to hang out with.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Oh, there’s lots of women in the game, in all skill ranges
I’ve never had any trouble with my male guildmates either though.
(Female on Gandara here, btw.)

I do find it funny though that most players seem to assume that their fellow players are males (own experience in game)…must be a bias & media issue

Polka will never die

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Oh, there’s lots of women in the game, in all skill ranges
I’ve never had any trouble with my male guildmates either though.
(Female on Gandara here, btw.)

I do find it funny though that most players seem to assume that their fellow players are males (own experience in game)…must be a bias & media issue

Yeah I’ve noticed that, and having a female character isn’t enough. (since so many males play female characters >.<)

I do think there are more male players than females, when it comes to gaming. However I don’t think the difference is so extreme to make it feel like female gamers don’t exist.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Here.

I’ve met so many people in GW – women, men, people whose gender I don’t know (and never asked). The only thing I care about is whether they’re fun to hang out with.

I second this!! ^ ^