Superior Rune of The Flock

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Byona.8231

Byona.8231

http://www.gw2db.com/items/49969-superior-rune-of-the-flock

1) +25 Healing Power.png Healing
2) 10% chance to summon a bird on your attack when hit. (cooldown: 10s)
3) +50 Healing Power.png Healing
4) Attack bird causes Blind.png blindness for 5s.
5) +90 Healing Power.png Healing
6) When you use a healing skill you and nearby allies are healed a small amount.(cooldown: 10s)
——————————————
Has anyone tried it? i bought the whole set and i cant seem to get (2) nor (6) to work. Could it be bugged or am i doing something wrong?

Posted by: Kayg Hunter.7849

Kayg Hunter.7849

My first thought when you bought is ; what is your level? You need to be level 60 to add Superior Runes to your armor. Then maybe, this I am not sure about, is your gear too low level? Or not the right type (like, blue, green yellow armor etc).
Beyond that I am not sure sorry.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I used 4 majors on my Warrior for a while, and the bird’s surprisingly fun and effective.
But I’ve moved to 6 Superior Runes of Dwayna now which really help in a group support role. The 6th rune effect is similar to the Flock effect, but is regen instead of a one-off heal.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Byona.8231

My first thought when you bought is ; what is your level? You need to be level 60 to add Superior Runes to your armor. Then maybe, this I am not sure about, is your gear too low level? Or not the right type (like, blue, green yellow armor etc).
Beyond that I am not sure sorry.

Level 80 with crafted Cleric exotic set.

I used 4 majors on my Warrior for a while, and the bird’s surprisingly fun and effective.
But I’ve moved to 6 Superior Runes of Dwayna now which really help in a group support role. The 6th rune effect is similar to the Flock effect, but is regen instead of a one-off heal.

Strange, i’ve been using it for 2 days in dungeons now, never seen the bird or any extra healing

Mungrul.9358

What class Byona?
I play a warrior, and Flock triggers on my melee hits. Also, I’m predominantly hammer, so I don’t hit as often as other builds, but it’s still noticeable.
I must say, I really like how inventive ANet have been with runes in GW2. A lot of them are not just plain old boring stat buffs, which is great

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.

Byona.8231

What class Byona?
I play a warrior, and Flock triggers on my melee hits. Also, I’m predominantly hammer, so I don’t hit as often as other builds, but it’s still noticeable.
I must say, I really like how inventive ANet have been with runes in GW2. A lot of them are not just plain old boring stat buffs, which is great

Elementalist here.

Mungrul.9358

So I’m guessing not a lot of melee? Perhaps that’s it. Some of them do read like they’d be more useful for certain classes than others.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I use two of these and the birds come pretty regularly .. they aren’t bright white, but rather dark in colour .. could be you’re just missing seeing them swoop down in the battle? And I’m an elementalist btw.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Byona.8231

I use two of these and the birds come pretty regularly .. they aren’t bright white, but rather dark in colour .. could be you’re just missing seeing them swoop down in the battle? And I’m an elementalist btw.

I just tested pulling one mob at a time, spamming num 1 attack on him for a min or so until he died, didnt get any proc :/

(edited by Byona.8231)

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Hrm, dunno then hon .. it could be they proc on crit hits? I just play and am delighted to see them swooping down from time to time. But that’s key too … it’s not every fight, it’s — for me at least — every third fight or so.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Brim.4152

Brim.4152

I use full set of sup flock runes in pve/wvw
The superiors are definitely proc’ing and giving blinds as intended, but the bird is like your mail pigeon and very easy to miss. That is actually good in wvw/pvp cuz ppl dont know what just blinded them lol Also the last ability is not a small amount imo, you give 1-2k heal (when you use your heal skill) to all nearby allies, # changes depending on the hp of healed person. pretty amazing if your a tank/support healer

T:Iraven|W:Iraven Ire|G:Iraven Aegis|N:Reborn Raven|M:Allie Oya|E:Ellie Oya |
DB ||[AIR]Order of Storms / [nNn] The Numen||
Don’t take life too seriously, you’ll never get out alive

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

I just tested pulling one mob at a time, spamming num 1 attack on him for a min or so until he died, didnt get any proc :/

I believe the "10% chance to summon a bird on your attack when hit. " mean when YOU get hit by something. So if you are a elementalist, you are probably avoiding getting hit so the bird does not appear.

I use “of the Lich” on my warrior and I see the little summoned Horror a lot.

Posted by: Britches.9652

Britches.9652

6) When you use a healing skill you and nearby allies are healed a small amount.(cooldown: 10s)

Was curious if anyone knows if this works on Signet of Malice (passive) heals when you attack.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I’ve been using this since bout 2 months. the bird is there, but very small. it is a bit like the mail dove, flashing through the screen. I know for sure it isn’t mail cause i also see it in instances. I am never really watching numberon the screen, but I do see my survivability has improved a lot since I started using them.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

Was curious if anyone knows if this works on Signet of Malice (passive) heals when you attack.

While I’m not certain, I’d suspect not. You don’t “use” a signet, it procs.

Posted by: Britches.9652

Britches.9652

Not that I planned to use the runes, dont suit my needs, was just curiuos if it worked on a passive skill.

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

All skills that specify “when you use a healing skill” apply to the active use of your #6 skill, and only the active use of your number 6 skill. It does not apply to passive regen caused by a healing signet or guardian virtue. It does not apply to direct heals or regeneration applied by abilities other than your #6 skill.

This does mean that engineers using the healing kit are limited only by the rune’s internal cooldown, as they can spam 6 to their heart’s content.

Posted by: Ganzicus.1426

Ganzicus.1426

For the #2, there’s a 10% chance when you are hit that on your next attack, you summon a bird. So if you’re not getting hit often, it’s not going to proc often.

For the #6, it’ll only trigger when you activate your #6 skill, and it’ll have to finish. (So if you’re using Ether Renewal, for example, it won’t proc until the last tick of Ether Renewal)