Transmute Cultural Armor - Remove Level Reqs?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Is it possible to transmute Cultural Armor (e.g., Tier 1) using basic transmutation stones to remove the level req on the armor and allow my new level 10 alt to wear it?

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Posted by: Coroner.3168

Coroner.3168

Yeah, I think you can. Just make sure you meet the lvl requirement for the new stats, though

Andal Myth Of East – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks [NA]
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS]

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

It IS possible, in fact it’s what I did with my necro and a few other characters! good luck transmuting!

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

Posted by: Thrash Wolf.7892

Thrash Wolf.7892

Doubt it would work with armour, but when I played around transmuting cultural weapons a while back it removed the racial constraint too.

Straight outta Hoelbrak
Desolation

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Doubt it would work with armour, but when I played around transmuting cultural weapons a while back it removed the racial constraint too.

The original question was in regards to level restrictions, not race. Also, cultural weapons are not race-restricted.

OP: I transmuted a full set of T2 onto my sylvari at level 5… so unless I was unknowingly exploiting, it works. If you’re short on the basic transmutation stones, consider making alts to run map completion for a city over and over.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Works perfectly with Armor. I believe I put two pieces of T1 Norn cultural on my warrior when she was maybe 10 or less? Since that level isn’t 80, I could use T.Stones (instead of crystals).

You can also do it with pieces a particular character might not have access to by doing a double transmutation, first to a low level white that the target character can wear (best to buy those pieces with said character and drop them in the bank), using the stats on the white item, makes them account bound, drop them in the bank. Pick them up and transmute them again with the desired target character on the piece of armor you want.

Any time ‘either’ a source or target in a transmute is 80, a Crystal is required.

Sadly preview is broken right now on previously transmuted armor (at least I can’t believe they did it on purpose, but I can’t believe they made the Plush Griffon, which I paid for, no longer swim and ultimately a pain to use, presumably because it ‘broke someone’s immersion’, but I digress), but if you link/tell yourself a piece you can preview what it really looks like that way, which is what I have to do for any piece I have in the bank right now that I saved because of looks.

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Awesome – thanks for all the answers.

Edit: Just transmuted my race’s cultural Tier 1 to level 14 armor and it worked fine.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

(edited by TheAgedGnome.7520)

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

This no longer works across races. The “Account bound” T3 armor cannot be placed into the transmutation window when using a character of the incorrect race.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I, too, have been wearing cultural T2/T3 combined on my charr elementalist since level 6 or so.

(I wanted to buy cultural armor pieces for achievements anyway, I had transmutation stones left, so there was no reason to have the armor pieces rot away in the bank until level such and such.)

This no longer works across races. The “Account bound” T3 armor cannot be placed into the transmutation window when using a character of the incorrect race.

The OP didn’t say their alt was of a different race.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I wear Sylvari cultural armour mixes on my characters from when they come out of the tutorial :P
Can’t stand to look at them in human armour

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

When you transmute armor you’re essentially putting the skin from one piece onto another piece.

ALL the stats come from that second piece, including the level requirement. The only exception is the upgrade which you can pick separately.

So if you transmute cultural armor with, for example, a level 10 blue piece it will still be a level 10 blue. It will just look like cultural armor.

The same goes for all the other armor sets and weapons BTW. If you really wanted to you could have a level 2 character looking like they’re wearing ascended armor and using a legendary weapon by transmuting those skins over their starter gear. (The obvious downside being you basically loose a full set of ascended gear to do it.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You need however the expensive Transmutation Crystals for the first transmutation when using T3 Armor since that one is lvl 80. After that you can use just the cheap stones until you need crystals again to put it on lvl 80 armor.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.