3 far 2 home

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what maps are suitable for 3 far 2 home openings ?

what professions are suitable for such openings ?

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

This is defiantly going to come down to comp, and accurately predicting (guessing, hoping) that the other team spreads like you expect.

Home, one good sustain class/build and a decent DPS (with some mobility).

Far, everything eles (need a good balance).

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Unless they’re rushing your home out of the gate there’s no reason.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, most pug groups insist on opening with

1 home 4 mid

so if we go 3 far 2 home we can secure both sides 2 points right off the start then force them to split at mid.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

You’ll force your team to fight 1 up on mid which will most likely get your team a wipe. That’s how matches get snowballed.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

You’ll force your team to fight 1 up on mid which will most likely get your team a wipe. That’s how matches get snowballed.

that’s what happens to full 5 man solo q groups.
what if a party of 5 opens with that ?

and what do you mean fight 1 up on mid.

we open with 2 home 0 mid 3 far

no one is going to mid.

the pug teams will usually open with 1 home 4 mid.

the 4 of them will reach mid to find it empty while their home gets slaughtered quickly by 3 fast moving killers.

the 4 then will decide to split.

if they split 2 mid 2 home , then its a 2v2 at home.

if they split 2 mid 2 far, then its a 3v2 at far until the dead respawned. then its a 3v3 at far.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

In my opinion, I would rather go 1 2 2. That is 1 home, 2 mid and 2 far, as when fighting a team of PUGs they usually go 1 4 0 so your extra person far is usually not needed. I would rather have 2 contesting mid and keep it from getting captured and when you have both close and far you can keep preassure on mid by having the second player from far going back and forth between far and mid.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Marckan.9526

Marckan.9526

I try to do this when I feel that their team is more tanky than ours, or if they have a thief and I have a hunch that he’s going close ^^

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

hard to say.

usually i think is the enemy team has 4 dmg 1 support go 1-4 split
if they have 2 support/sustain split 2-3 so you can kill the support/sustain on far or draw 1-2 enemies to far so mid is now with 1 so close ppl can gank him

also depends on you comp …

if you have thief you can try 2 far with another warrior or engi or ranger so thief can disengage if mid need help or close….

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

In my opinion this opening works superbly in Battle of Khylo. Usually people split 0-2 far, 3-4 mid, 1 home and 0 or 1 on treb. If their numbers match any of these, then the 3 far/2 home opening will nearly always net you an early advntage.

What Ross said is correct though: you definitely want someone with decent mobility as one of your 2 home, and a balanced comp (hopefully 1 of em with good mobility) to far.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

the best time to do it is if the other teams comp is very condi heavy. best to 3 far 2 home because mid would just be a slaughter

master jedi david

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Just had a match on foefire where enemy opened with this tactic, they sent 2 close (scrapper and druid) and 3 far (our home). We went on to completely obliterate them.
Our ele camped mid and 4 rushed far (their home) and killed them and i bunkered there (druid) while our mesmer kept a portal to come help me if needed. I could contend solo against their druid and scrapper for eternity (i guess their scrapper was bad) and we kept onto hold 2 points for majority of the game, even 3 some time.

Anyway this strategy can sometimes work, sometime don’t. I suggest don’t try it if enemy has a mesmer and just never try it on forest.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

3 far and 2 home can work well if everyone is on board and the opposing team is slow to react. If they react fast enough, you forfeit mid (usually not good) and won’t cap far.

Also, another problem presents itself if you gank the defender on far. What happens then? If they are smart they can create a favorable matchup on their home by sending 3 back to it. As soon as they get there, the dead ally will be respawn creating a 4v3 on their home, in their advantage. There are other plays they can make as well depending on how well your pug or team communicates.

If you don’t have good communication it is a little risky, but can really throw a pug off if they can’t communicate or rotate to recover.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

thanks for the feedback everyone!

okies, so what professions i have to recruit to make this work ?

say if i wanna grab some people from map chat or the pvp lobby to form a pug team.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Classes with high mobility and atleast 1 good bunker class which can close down your home, preferably who can sustain 1 vs 2 for a long time before dying (if he dies), for close best choices are: ele/scrapper/druid.

Classes with high mobility will help you as you probably won’t have access to mid, this includes a thief, mesmer etc

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

1 mez can’t hurt. After your team takes far, and they respond by moving mid to far, you port to mid

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

I only do 3 far 2 home when my team has no healing ele and the other team does and there comp looks superior, Foefire is the best map for this strat. Should send bursty classes far and hope to get the first guy down before they rotate, if you have a scrapper they have great support with function gyro so that should go far as well. The 2 home should then push mid which will either be a 2v1 or 2v2 depending on how many they rotate to there own home. I only do this strat when our comp looks bad compared to the other teams comp.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

Sound like a recipe for a 5v3 or 4v3 (with a free cap of middle) on there home point if the people you are facing are at least decent they will crack back and you will feel the pain of a +1 or +2.

(edited by Drussthelegend.2630)

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

what maps are suitable for 3 far 2 home openings ?

what professions are suitable for such openings ?

sorry what?
not sure you thought through your question.
if you push then several things can happen. If enemy defends you lose faar and mid, if enemy pushes too and neither side decides to defend you lose home and mid. If pushing teams collide at beach you lose faar and mid.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

That was a somewhat common strategy for temple like 4 years ago. All 3 points are so close there it barely matters where you go. It’s also pretty easy to spawn camp there.

3 far 2 home

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This only works if the randoms listen. If they don’t which happens more often than not, the game is a loss.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|