A Demonstration of Power(Ele/video)

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Here is what I think needs to be done…
8-9 second CD on blinding ashes( Allow a per target cd on blinding ashes instead of an ICD)

Ring of Earth no longer blocks projectiles if it does NOT land on a target

Regen duration slightly reduced (remove regen from soothing ice?)

Burning condition re-scaled across the board

Diamond skin reworked

Obsidian flesh CD slightly increased.

Drakes breath and Fire grab re-scaled so that drakes breath hits less hard and fire grab hits much harder. (its much harder to land a Fire Grab than drakes breath, and right now in some circumstances Drakes Breath hits just as hard as a fire grab if the full channel lands and burns are not cleansed, the CD on drakes breath is also very short while fire grab is a very long CD. It makes more sense to me for being heavily rewarded for landing a fire grab with a burn applied opposed to being heavily rewarded for spamming drakes breath)

…Would also be nice to get something a little more reliable than churning earth, that skill is almost a waste time now with how great the burning condition is. I have never been a fan of Churning Earth.

I would also be up for taking a chunk out of ele sustain if it meant getting back 15 second CD on Ride the Lightning.

The ring of earth suggestion is a bit extreme. D/D eles need something to help against rangers. Especially in wvw. You have to think in terms of the entire game, just not one game mode. I think my suggestions are sufficient and sinject has +1’ed it. Do you +1 it as well?

And you shouldn’t just nerf ele sustain based on one weaponset astro. I know you can think better than this. Rethink that.

Lettuce, the sustain nerf can be taken out of dagger 5 cleansing water to compensate for lowwer CD on RTL.

That will hurt s/d eles though.

Perhaps it would in some cases but in others it would provide them with more kiting capability making them better at escaping sticky situations, correct?

I don’t think asking for a ~10-15% shave on cleansing wave dagger 5 is too much if it meant we receive a 15 sec CD on a mobility skill which used to make this class an amazing roamer. Anyway, I doubt this would actually happen. I’m just craving what I used to have and now miss.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

8-9 second CD on blinding ashes( Allow a per target cd on blinding ashes instead of an ICD)

Diamond skin reworked

Drakes breath and Fire grab re-scaled so that drakes breath hits less hard and fire grab hits much harder. (its much harder to land a Fire Grab than drakes breath, and right now in some circumstances Drakes Breath hits just as hard as a fire grab if the full channel lands and burns are not cleansed, the CD on drakes breath is also very short while fire grab is a very long CD. It makes more sense to me for being heavily rewarded for landing a fire grab with a burn applied opposed to being heavily rewarded for spamming drakes breath)

…Would also be nice to get something a little more reliable than churning earth, that skill is almost a waste time now with how great the burning condition is. I have never been a fan of Churning Earth.

I would also be up for taking a chunk out of ele sustain if it meant getting back 15 second CD on Ride the Lightning.

The ring of earth suggestion is a bit extreme. D/D eles need something to help against rangers. Especially in wvw. You have to think in terms of the entire game, just not one game mode. I think my suggestions are sufficient and sinject has +1’ed it. Do you +1 it as well?

And you shouldn’t just nerf ele sustain based on one weaponset astro. I know you can think better than this. Rethink that.

Lettuce, the sustain nerf can be taken out of dagger 5 cleansing water to compensate for lowwer CD on RTL.

Perhaps it would in some cases but in others it would provide them with more kiting capability making them better at escaping sticky situations, correct?

I don’t think asking for a ~10-15% shave on cleansing wave is too much if we receive a 15 sec CD on a mobility skill which used to make this class an amazing roamer.

You know me. I rarely d/d. And even I know this is too much. I’ll be glad to explain as to why in guild chat especially in terms of roaming which I know you don’t do.

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

Diamond skin reworked

I don’t think asking for a ~10-15% shave on cleansing wave is too much if we receive a 15 sec CD on a mobility skill which used to make this class an amazing roamer.

You know me. I rarely d/d. And even I know this is too much. I’ll be glad to explain as to why in guild chat especially in terms of roaming which I know you don’t do.

I’m talking about roaming in between points in spvp. This is something I do quite often. Sacrificing a little bit of sustain for more mobility seems like a very fair trade to me.

Consider what will save you in the long run Lettuce, ~200hp(15% of cleansing wave /w zerk or marauders equipt) per 40 seconds or an escape. Once again I’ll say this though, that suggestion wasn’t something I was trying to set in stone, I was just simply saying I’d personally sacrifice some sustain for mobility. If you disagree with that suggestion thats fine, but please don’t be so condescending over the forums.

Also if losing sustain on s/d was such a big deal even after gaining mobility, couldn’t that be compensated by buffing water 3 on scepter?

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

This is pretty funny and shows the state of balance in this game.

-retired best multiclass NA

Edit: LOL Lettuce just as amusing as he used to be “1v1 me I’ll beat you” and saying Kronos is a “well known PvPer”. There’s a reason FEAR was/is the laughingstock of PvP.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Sorry, you might be right at some points but these videos are just terrible. I do not play guardian at all (…..)

-snip-

Play guardian, fight ele, then delete your post like others have done.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

This is pretty funny and shows the state of balance in this game.

-retired best multiclass NA

Edit: LOL Lettuce just as amusing as he used to be “1v1 me I’ll beat you” and saying Kronos is a “well known PvPer”. There’s a reason FEAR was/is the laughingstock of PvP.

And there’s a reason you get rekt by almost every single member in FEAR 1 v 1. I remember you jumping my ranger in a duel and you dying. Good job. So good. Much wow. Such skill. Not really. Stick to trolling baddies in dueling servers and don’t troll people above your skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Video is a setup to ruin ele again.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

I removed my old post because I made it before I had enough small scale experience against good s/f eles.

I am in favor of Lettuce’s suggested nerfs and believe the ele will still be strong after them.

Those 2 videos still don’t seem like quality evidence to me…. but I can’t disagree with the main point of the thread.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I love watching people defend this.

Could anyone imagine if he actually attacked that ranger??

Shoot for the sake of balance a zerker class should kill anyone after 2 mins of just auto attacks.

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

Video is a setup to ruin ele again.

No, I promise this is not my intention. I just want fights to feel fair, I don’t know if all of my suggestions I made are fair, they’re simply there to discuss. I even made a couple suggestions which I think would end up in some aspects buffing an elementalist who knows how to play well.

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Taking bad players and putting them up against people who can just troll them because of it is not a measure of game balance.

D/D cele is too strong, but this is one of those games where bad players lose, and posting a video of a bad player losing does not change that.

My solution would be to nerf Cantrips and buff the other utility types (Arcane just a bit, Glyphs, signets and conjures a whole lot more).

in PvP

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

LOL. Proceed to showing a class is OP, use ranger as the test subject. LOL

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Before you diss rangers, there actually really good rangers. In the hands of good players, ranger is pretty darn good.
Yes the class could use some love, but the rangers you mostly see in pvp are the ones that give the ranger a bad name. Hence, your reply.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

All I could think while watching it was “Don’t bring a ranger to a Mesmers fight?”

All those rotations, all that skill spam, it’s an interrupt mesmers dream (I saw one of the pros mention shatter mesmer in a follow up post- don’t make me laugh).

Does that mean your concerns of it being OP aren’t warranted? Nope. If the pros want to pursue that path more power to them.

in PvP

Buzzcrave.6197

Before you diss rangers, there actually really good rangers. In the hands of good players, ranger is pretty darn good.
Yes the class could use some love, but the rangers you mostly see in pvp are the ones that give the ranger a bad name. Hence, your reply.

Power ranger is like kitten tier in term of dmg now since every class can outdps it, and survive 1000% better than rangers. Power ranger need lots of love.

To make it worse, non of the 3 guys in the video have any clue what’s happening in this game. This is just another bad players video or this video was purposely made like this to show “ELE IS OP PLS NERF QQ”.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Power ranger is like kitten tier in term of dmg now since every class can outdps it, and survive 1000% better than rangers. Power ranger need lots of love.

To make it worse, non of the 3 guys in the video have any clue what’s happening in this game. This is just another bad players video or this video was purposely made like this to show “ELE IS OP PLS NERF QQ”.

I would volunteer myself as a test subject playing a ranger, to give this video some justification.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

Idk where players go with these vids. I killed 3 players at once the other day on my Condi engi but I’m not posting vids saying it is too kitten OP and stuff now am I? Nope and why? Cause it is obvious that bad players are bad.. A video of 2 or so players fighting isn’t good representation of how overpowered a class is. Esp now when the skill levels of said opponents differ greatly. Thank you all for your time.

If anyone would like the engi build I used then message me and I’ll send it. It has a very very high skillcap but if played correctly then you shouldn’t die very easily. Plus exploits the Condi damage buff and can kill rather fast.

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

in PvP

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

This thread just lol.
1. Ranger just pew-pew-pew – without any timing, and I am glad that such nonsense is not working.
2. It’s realy trash guardians. It’s rabbit lvl pvp?
_
About D/D ele – it’s strong and good build and you should play smart, if you want win. After 06.23 update mesmers, warriors, necro, ranger (condi), engi(condi) can kill d/d ele in 1v1 situation, and 2 good dps can kill d/d ele faster than before 06.23.
Anyway, simple fact – d/d ele very hard to kill with direct dmg. High thougness, hi prot uptime, healing. If u want counter celele – take boon rip and/or high condi pressure.

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

You guys are clearly really stupid if you can’t comprehend the point of the video. The ranger wasn’t fighting as if he was in a real duel. He was just “pew pewing” FOR THE DAMAGE PURPOSE to dps the ele as a point. Not to fight on an esports level. Ranger wasn’t fighting to his full extent obviously because ele wasn’t fighting back. The POINT WAS, the RANGER can’t DPS THE ELE enough to WIN IN A REAL DUEL ANYWAYS. The ranger would have rotated better in a real duel but that wasn’t the point of the video. It was just a dps test.

I actually thought the community was smarter than this. I guess I thought wrong?

You didn’t understand what several people have been trying to tell you. The pewpewing wasn’t going to do anything, because the ranger played badly without any timing and it shouldn’t really accomplish much anyway. You cannot expect to do some decent damage if all your skills are mindlessly used, that’s a simple fact. Calling others stupid for telling you they do not like your video as it proves nothing – really classy.

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

You guys are clearly really stupid if you can’t comprehend the point of the video. The ranger wasn’t fighting as if he was in a real duel. He was just “pew pewing” FOR THE DAMAGE PURPOSE to dps the ele as a point. Not to fight on an esports level. Ranger wasn’t fighting to his full extent obviously because ele wasn’t fighting back. The POINT WAS, the RANGER can’t DPS THE ELE enough to WIN IN A REAL DUEL ANYWAYS. The ranger would have rotated better in a real duel but that wasn’t the point of the video. It was just a dps test.

I actually thought the community was smarter than this. I guess I thought wrong?

You didn’t understand what several people have been trying to tell you. The pewpewing wasn’t going to do anything, because the ranger played badly without any timing and it shouldn’t really accomplish much anyway. You cannot expect to do some decent damage if all your skills are mindlessly used, that’s a simple fact. Calling others stupid for telling you they do not like your video as it proves nothing – really classy.

I like how you still danced around my last post to you. Answer it.

And you still miss the point. If the ele actually fought back in the full duration of the video…Ranger would have died. That’s the point. No matter how hard the ranger tries, it’s not possible unless the ele is super super bad. Nothing should hard counter a class that much especially if said class is zerk. Now stop being stupidly ignorant of that fact. And stop trying to argue just to argue.

You’re just a flamebaiter. Nothing more.

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

in PvP

Buzzcrave.6197

Actually he did answered your question, you’re just too shallow to understand it.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Do ele vs necro, interrupt mesmer, warrior and engi. Then we can understand the reality. Rangers are not in a good point nowadays (still better than video). But burning is a problem.

People are trying to tell you that rangers bad play effects things. It is underpowered now so you have to play good with ranger. What you did is like spamming auto attack and shadowshot with thief without other weapon skills. Anyway ele is neither the most bugged nor the most powerful. Pvp is effed altogether with the new patch. There should be some nerfs.

Ps: Interrupt mesmers are reallt a thing now.

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

Do ele vs necro, interrupt mesmer, warrior and engi. Then we can understand the reality. Rangers are not in a good point nowadays (still better than video). But burning is a problem.

People are trying to tell you that rangers bad play effects things. It is underpowered now so you have to play good with ranger. What you did is like spamming auto attack and shadowshot with thief without other weapon skills. Anyway ele is neither the most bugged nor the most powerful. Pvp is effed altogether with the new patch. There should be some nerfs.

Ps: Interrupt mesmers are reallt a thing now.

Sure. Bring all of the 4 against my ele alain. I’ll demonstrate it to you.

in PvP

alain.1659

For the sake of conversation I will assume that you were not saying come and get me bro, but suggesting to purely demonstrate. But I will test what you said with my guildies. Like I said the burning dmg and blinding ashes are already problematic but lets see if other parts are too or not.

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

For the sake of conversation I will assume that you were not saying come and get me bro, but suggesting to purely demonstrate. But I will test what you said with my guildies. Like I said the burning dmg and blinding ashes are already problematic but lets see if other parts are too or not.

I can demonstrate it to you if you want if you’re on NA. I don’t have any qualms in doing so. I do main an ele, so I feel like it’s a good test.

in PvP

alain.1659

Sadly I am not on NA but will test what you said. Best teacher is the experience they say, so to learn it truly I have to test and come back. I hope a fix comes anyway to pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

You two are hilarious really. Proving how ranger cannot kill an ele when the ranger is just playing badly.
1. Never actually preventing the ele from healing by not using interrupts right.
2. Using entangle when ele has avialable water.
3. Proving Blinding ashes needs a nerf when most of procs go to pet, not ranger itself.
4. Never swapping from longbow.
5. Never timing burst right.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying a ranger would have an ease killing a d/d ele, but this video is just silly. Basically just mindlessly pewpewing thinking it will have some result.

Second video just proved an ele can beat two bad guardians.

1. Not stunbreaking updraft.
2. Then eating burning speed.
3. Never dodging burning speed.
4. Not dodging fire grab.
5. Never actually dodging anything.
6. Ressing when ele is on 2K hp instead of putting some pressure and eating all the damage.

So what did you guys prove? Bad players are gonna have a bad time? Most prolly ye.

For the nerfs:

1. Blinding ashes ICD will only make the trait unused, not a skilled play. Bad idea.
2. Yep, definitely. 800 heal from Soothing ice every 20 second is the issue why ele has to much sustain.
3. If you want to kill the trait completely, then it’s a good idea.
5. Not like people actually use this, it’s inferior to both Blinding Ashes and Persisting flames. That’s not where the might comes from.
6. That’s actually the thing that would need shaving.
7. Then people won’t use it, rest of the boons is pretty much useless anyway. Much better solution would be to decrease the duration.
8. That’s a horrible idea. It’s not going to make zerker eles take healing power, they don’t even have a way to increase their healing power. It gives around 7% crit damage, that’s far from too strong. It’s also a trait mainly used in pve.

God, so glad you two are not on the balance team.

Aha! I knew you’d show up!

One of the few Ele main people who always trying to pretend and spread rumers of how weak Ele is so no nerf hammer can come

Well, ironically the Meta is shifting back to 1~2 Ele again post patch too in high-tier competitive play. Basically nothing has changed.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Nah I would actually take the precision to healing power especially with marauders to prevent people qq’ing about cele eles especially in a 1 v 1 context as a d/f ele. Sorry you want everything ez mode so you’re trying to deflect what actually needs to be reworked. Stone heart? Really? You just want them to nerf the wrong things so ele is basically the same as it is now. I see through you.

I actually went back to figure out which question I haven’t answered. I’m sorry I can’t read every single of your posts.

It was like that before patch and guess what. No one used it, simply because it’s bad. The fact you would play it doesn’t mean it’s a good trait, it would be quite the opposite. Fresh air eles also tend to use One with air from what I’ve seen and this is used by eles in pve since it’s an okay trait in adepts. Without that, they would basically have a dead trait. What would accomplish getting around 100 healing power? Completely nothing, so you would be basically taking kitteneless trait since scaling from healing power is not that great and that low amount of HP wouldn’t mean anything.

I want everything ez mode because I want eles not to have more useless traits? Yeah, sure me. Fresh air already lost its damage modifiers, I do not understand how currently 7% of critical damage makes the spec ez mode especially when the trait is not always taken.

If you actually read the post you would know I didn’t specify if I wanted to nerf the trait. I simply stated that I don’t like the design of the trait and would like to see it reworked. I do think it’s quite too strong, though. If you again read the post I made, I also talked about other stuff such as Diamond skin, Blinding ashes, burning…etc. You accuse me of wanting a rework to the wrong traits when you suggest stuff like nerfing Ferocious winds and removing regeneration from Soothing ice, which would do completely nothing for the state of ele in pvp.

Also saying that you would take Ferocious winds if it give you healing power with Marauder amulet so people would stop qqing about cele eles makes completely no sense. There’s no logic in that statement, I’m sorry.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

You two are hilarious really. Proving how ranger cannot kill an ele when the ranger is just playing badly.
1. Never actually preventing the ele from healing by not using interrupts right.
2. Using entangle when ele has avialable water.
3. Proving Blinding ashes needs a nerf when most of procs go to pet, not ranger itself.
4. Never swapping from longbow.
5. Never timing burst right.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying a ranger would have an ease killing a d/d ele, but this video is just silly. Basically just mindlessly pewpewing thinking it will have some result.

Second video just proved an ele can beat two bad guardians.

1. Not stunbreaking updraft.
2. Then eating burning speed.
3. Never dodging burning speed.
4. Not dodging fire grab.
5. Never actually dodging anything.
6. Ressing when ele is on 2K hp instead of putting some pressure and eating all the damage.

So what did you guys prove? Bad players are gonna have a bad time? Most prolly ye.

For the nerfs:

1. Blinding ashes ICD will only make the trait unused, not a skilled play. Bad idea.
2. Yep, definitely. 800 heal from Soothing ice every 20 second is the issue why ele has to much sustain.
3. If you want to kill the trait completely, then it’s a good idea.
5. Not like people actually use this, it’s inferior to both Blinding Ashes and Persisting flames. That’s not where the might comes from.
6. That’s actually the thing that would need shaving.
7. Then people won’t use it, rest of the boons is pretty much useless anyway. Much better solution would be to decrease the duration.
8. That’s a horrible idea. It’s not going to make zerker eles take healing power, they don’t even have a way to increase their healing power. It gives around 7% crit damage, that’s far from too strong. It’s also a trait mainly used in pve.

God, so glad you two are not on the balance team.

Aha! I knew you’d show up!

One of the few Ele main people who always trying to pretend and spread rumers of how weak Ele is so no nerf hammer can come

Well, ironically the Meta is shifting back to 1~2 Ele again post patch too in high-tier competitive play. Basically nothing has changed.

That’s why I made several posts about what I think should be adjusted and toned down about ele? Even with the spec I play mostly? That’s why I stated several times I think some stuff about the class are too strong and should be nerfed? I really don’t see the logic in that.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

What offends me even more is how perfect a display this video is of how bad ranger pets are at keeping up with moving targets let alone hitting them.

The pet did not just miss due to blinding ashes, it simply could not keep uptime on a moving target, because the worthless pets undergo an attack animation that makes them stationary so every time they go to attack a target the target has walked out of range.

2+ kitten years and a class mechanic is still this broken and puny.

Ranger also is just bad. Power ranger is not only bad due to the low damage coefficients outside rapidfire, but also because ranger is the one power class besides warrior with no boon removal, his power specs unlike guardian or warrior don’t have access to burning to answer classes with high protection boon uptimes like ele and other guardians.

Most importantly, ranger condi removal and stunbreaks are horrendous. Ranger condi removal is tied to a condi traitline in wilderness survival, as a grandmaster trait. This majorly screws power spec.

What’s more, the ranger’s condi removal utilities and stunbreak traits transfer negative effects to the pet, reducing the ranger’s performance, a drawback no other class suffers on his traits/utilities. Not only is Signet of Renewal a whopping 60 sec cd stunbreak that screws over your pet, its effects are actually underpowered compared to other stunbreakers.

I mean, look at Shared Anguish. CC your pet instead of you, 60 sec cd, CC’s the pet which is about 1/3 your damage and your main source of cc/utility. Compare that against Hard to Catch or Mirror of Anguish, or the warrior/ele ones.

Rangers just have really, really bad utilities. The terrible shouts like guard andprotect me weren’t even addressed (protect me is virtually a crappier endure pain, which makes the pet stop attacking to protect you and kills it in the process).

And if this weren’t insult enough, they nerfed Clarion Bond with a whopping 30 sec ICD instead of a 15 sec icd one that syncs with pet swap.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

So what the video shows is that no matter how much the ranger could possibly outplay the ele, as long as the ele does what was done in the video…The ranger stands zero chance even if the ele doesn’t fight back.

but that ranger was such a bad. how is this even a thread?

a thief wouldn’t stand a chance either, yet both the ranger and the thief can spike the d/d ele down when +1’ing the fight. what’s the issue here?

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

So what the video shows is that no matter how much the ranger could possibly outplay the ele, as long as the ele does what was done in the video…The ranger stands zero chance even if the ele doesn’t fight back.

but that ranger was such a bad. how is this even a thread?

a thief wouldn’t stand a chance either, yet both the ranger and the thief can spike the d/d ele down when +1’ing the fight. what’s the issue here?

Duel the same ranger in the video then, or duel an ele on your ranger (perhaps mine?). Show us how it’s done. And do you not read? That ranger wasn’t “really” dueling. He was just dps’ing to prove a point. Don’t be dumb. Please. Just don’t be one of those guys.

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

Laraley please keep this post on topic opposed to focusing all your will power on winning an argument. We are here to discuss balance not to try and win internet fights.

in PvP

alain.1659

I have tested some of the things you said. First of all, rangers suck. We all know that. In a fair fight, ranger needs more skill to beat an ele (wvw is not included. It is an entirely different thing). But in spvp, clever ranger seems to be able to kill a celestial dd ele. All the players nearly had the same skill lvl with their professions in my test. Sorry for not giving a video of it but i really hate videos and recording.

Necro on the other hand, can kill successfully if she does not makes a mistake. Engi, without the grenade bug can also kill you but he must be a perfect engineer with good skills. Interrupt mesmers can kick ele’s tushy, they seem to be annoying now. Other mesmer builds can also do that. I do not know how, but warriors… Did they mutate or something? They are strong now. Not " nerf them omg wtf" but more like " be cautious, there is a warrior heading to you" type. Guardians are not very well balanced against ele it seems, but they do not give up easily. Thief’s are still perfectly well. Considering that it is not their job to go fair 1v1 with you. They can make fair fights unfair easily.

All and all, ele’s are powerful but not godly. Also they do require some skill and knowledge to play so most of the newbies will be killed after their second premature dodge.

In the end it really depends on the players knowledge of professions and her skill. What you were mistaken as imbalanced might be your experience on the profession/other players lack of experience in your or their profession. For my taste, except the blinding ashes trait, ele does not seem to be op at all. Can be put down by players who has knowledge on ele, or some specific builds like interrupt mesmer. But blindind ashes will be a problematic trait if other professions gets nerfed.

Thanks for making me test. It was fun playing several professions and conducting experiments. I can, with my own experience, say that dd ele is strong but not op. (Celestial staff seems to be weaker however)

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

I have tested some of the things you said. First of all, rangers suck. We all know that. In a fair fight, ranger needs more skill to beat an ele (wvw is not included. It is an entirely different thing). But in spvp, clever ranger seems to be able to kill a celestial dd ele. All the players nearly had the same skill lvl with their professions in my test. Sorry for not giving a video of it but i really hate videos and recording.

Necro on the other hand, can kill successfully if she does not makes a mistake. Engi, without the grenade bug can also kill you but he must be a perfect engineer with good skills. Interrupt mesmers can kick ele’s tushy, they seem to be annoying now. Other mesmer builds can also do that. I do not know how, but warriors… Did they mutate or something? They are strong now. Not " nerf them omg wtf" but more like " be cautious, there is a warrior heading to you" type. Guardians are not very well balanced against ele it seems, but they do not give up easily. Thief’s are still perfectly well. Considering that it is not their job to go fair 1v1 with you. They can make fair fights unfair easily.

All and all, ele’s are powerful but not godly. Also they do require some skill and knowledge to play so most of the newbies will be killed after their second premature dodge.

In the end it really depends on the players knowledge of professions and her skill. What you were mistaken as imbalanced might be your experience on the profession/other players lack of experience in your or their profession. For my taste, except the blinding ashes trait, ele does not seem to be op at all. Can be put down by players who has knowledge on ele, or some specific builds like interrupt mesmer. But blindind ashes will be a problematic trait if other professions gets nerfed.

Thanks for making me test. It was fun playing several professions and conducting experiments. I can, with my own experience, say that dd ele is strong but not op. (Celestial staff seems to be weaker however)

Alain, one of the best condition necros(terrormancer) I’ve ever met who used to absolutely DESTROY me before the patch can now barely tickle me. Although I should also note that corrupt boon is bugged at the moment and does not convert stability into fear… I’m sure there are some good necro builds out there that do very well against eles, but I have not ran into any of them as of yet.

I agree with the statements you made that I put in bold. Thanks for the feedback. Did you mean guardian does poorly vs ele? Ele counters guardians very well and has for quite some time.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Alain, one of the best condition necros(terrormancer) I’ve ever met who used to absolutely DESTROY me before the patch can now barely tickle me. Although I should also note that corrupt boon is bugged at the moment and does not convert stability into fear…

CB corrupts boons in random order now…

in PvP

alain.1659

As I said, it needs a skilled necromancer with a good knowledge on ele. But it might be my lack of skill too, all and all I can not claim that I am great. At tops I am above mediocre by a hair strand.
But all this balance changes with blinding ashes trait. It should be nerfed a little bit. By the way, hybrid necro builds are stronger after the patch. Have you tried it? It seems celestial can be meta for not only ele but many other classes due to the changes on stats and damage.

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

Alain, one of the best condition necros(terrormancer) I’ve ever met who used to absolutely DESTROY me before the patch can now barely tickle me. Although I should also note that corrupt boon is bugged at the moment and does not convert stability into fear…

CB corrupts boons in random order now…

That too

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

As I said, it needs a skilled necromancer with a good knowledge on ele. But it might be my lack of skill too, all and all I can not claim that I am great. At tops I am above mediocre by a hair strand.
But all this balance changes with blinding ashes trait. It should be nerfed a little bit. By the way, hybrid necro builds are stronger after the patch. Have you tried it? It seems celestial can be meta for not only ele but many other classes due to the changes on stats and damage.

I am terrible on necro, so I have tried very little on the class lol

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

1)As a ranger player, this video doesnt prove alot, it is known to all rangers that in order to kill a d/d ele u must put tons of pressure, CC and big spikes. Simple long bow rotations will not do he job.

2)Some builds for ele are excellent for the current meta due 2 diamond skin, it locks out completly some of the most annoying builds out there(condi mesme/burn gurdi/condi necro etc..). I like the idea that condi mesmers have pure counter.

Conclusion
Nothing realy changed, Eles weakness are good CC, good poison uptime(for the debuff), and big dmage spikes.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I respect how you’ve taken upon yourself to test these inquiries and gave us your own personal feed back on the matter.

You’re most definitely right about experience level, not just on Ele class rotations but also having the knowledge to counter other classes and their builds. What I fear is a bad Ele going against a Guard or Ranger and getting roflstomped and calling the above accusations false… they’re better off just whispering Lettuce and testing what ever they want to test for themselves.

Sure anyone can +1 anyone in tpvp and some can do it better than others. Same goes for other variables within the game mode. We can go into detail further about how balanced Ele truly are in TPvP compared to other professions but I have a feeling we’ll end up with a similiar conclusion that the Ele will out perform most classes in their roles. Other than thieves and the new buffed mesmers, of course. Anywho, It’s why Ele has been top pick since April 2014.

The Ele definitely isn’t godly (unless he’s Diamond Skin against a condi carrion/rabid user), we’re implying that he out performs at least 2 other professions in the game in 1v1 and as well as dominating 1 huge aspect that everyone else finds op, conditions. I don’t play the class so I can’t vouche the performances of other professions vs the Ele but already, these two (three) examples is proving the thread’s validity.

It’s proven that Ele’s are tougher vs guards and rangers than they were prepatch. How does this fact make TPvP more balanced?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I dont get why people are complaining about the ranger not using his skills right or the pet right in the video, and some people even complained he didnt swap weapons – and what good would that do, some crazy burst? If a Power ranger leaves his lb then his burst/“pressure” is gone, and landing hits with ur gs is no easy task vs guud players.

The ranger auto attacks hit slightly less in this patch and cele still scales the best on ele. It was quite funny watching the ranger pewpew’ing away while the ele roateted his skills and didnt try to avoid damage, and yet kept himself high in Health. From a 1v1 perspective that is unbalanced, why people are trying to justify this is their problem, and the ones shouting the most are those you see the most.

Figthing good eles are already quite hard as a Power lb ranger, but as cele its not possible. Id love to see how many other classes/builds struggle with this setup, though theres no Secret ele / mesmer is top tier atm

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I dont get why people are complaining about the ranger not using his skills right or the pet right in the video, and some people even complained he didnt swap weapons – and what good would that do, some crazy burst? If a Power ranger leaves his lb then his burst/“pressure” is gone, and landing hits with ur gs is no easy task vs guud players.

The ranger auto attacks hit slightly less in this patch and cele still scales the best on ele. It was quite funny watching the ranger pewpew’ing away while the ele roateted his skills and didnt try to avoid damage, and yet kept himself high in Health. From a 1v1 perspective that is unbalanced, why people are trying to justify this is their problem, and the ones shouting the most are those you see the most.

Figthing good eles are already quite hard as a Power lb ranger, but as cele its not possible. Id love to see how many other classes/builds struggle with this setup, though theres no Secret ele / mesmer is top tier atm

This post is full of truth and if ANYONE is trying to defend ele’s at this point in time they need to stop. You are really starting to make yourselves look REALLY bad. Infact anyone caught defending what ele is right now needs to be remembered…..and all future opinions of theirs on game balance thrown out the window for the rest of their posting career.

kthx

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Teach Eura how to Ranger. Please.
Be sure you’re doing video of it, so I can enjoy my popcorn.

in PvP

Posted by: Empty Sky.6354

Empty Sky.6354

Hahahahahaha,what a bs video! What was ranger even running? Rapid fire’s last hit 1.7k and that was a crit…hahahahahaha. (you had protection,but still overall dmg from ranger was pathetic.)
You yourself used Cleansing fire and had no condi on you. Both of you just smashed all buttons without even thinking. And is ranger your friend? From what I gather,he was gonna shoot you,you won’t attack him…so why was ranger running and evading nothing?
Far from me to say,that I am the best…far from it. I am average,but come on…this video is bs. And 2nd one as well.

(edited by Empty Sky.6354)

in PvP

Posted by: Roxx.8713

Roxx.8713

if I do a Video as Cele Ele and loose to everything then Ele should get Buffed or?
Cause this is ur whole Logic most of the time.

2 Bad Guardians loosing vs Cele Ele (Burn Build on Guard vs a Cele Ele common who is that dumb)

and 1 Ranger who “isnt even trying to Duell” cant prove anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

The build used:

D/D
Flame legion runes
Celestial Amulet
Fire(3,1,3)/Water(1,1,1)/Arcana(2,2,3)
Energy/Leech
Lightning Flash, Cleansing Flame, Armor of Earth

Looks to me not very dangerous. Is slow as a snail and certainly never there where it is needed.

in PvP

Posted by: raiaknl.6348

raiaknl.6348

Whats the point here? Engies can tank that all day while STANDING STILL. Ele’s have to move, do proper rotation…

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

WOW… JUST WOW!

So I used to main ele months back, and I decided today to try Cele Ele D/D again.

Wow… Just… this is so broken. I tanked 3 people and still downed 2 the other fled… like this is just one example, Of course I have expertise in ele as I mained it a while but…

Godkitten , how can anyone defend this, it is easily one of the most broken things ingame atm.

For reference, i went Earth,Water, Arcana, with stone heart.

I cant believe Cele Engi is giving people issues when Cele Ele is running around. Cele Engi is hardly anything compared to it’s former self.

I cant speak for other ele builds, but this D/D Cele is atrocious. I do enjoy it though, it has a certain piano feel unlike other cheesy specs atm

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Shoot for the sake of balance a zerker class should kill anyone after 2 mins of just auto attacks.

Try rolling a fresh air ele. Your autoattacks literally will not barely outdamage the healing signet on a soldier/valk/celestial warrior. If the warrior is using shoutheals, then even auto + lightning attune swapping will take forever.

But I do think the current bruiser ele just has a ton of passive defense, and I had made several posts predicting this before the spec changes hit. Zerker ele continues to fall behind, while bruiser/tank ele gets even tankier and easier to play.

P.S. I think the ranger in the video would have killed the ele if he coordinated his F2 beastly warden w/ rapid fire, rather than spamming each off cooldown.