All the skill-less abilities should disappear

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Yesterday, for fun, I was experimenting with a Warrior build.

Berserker with sword/sword + axe/shield with Viper gear, I figured out it if i take discipline/defense/berserker it should be quite decent specially with quickness when I switch to berserker mode, which makes the landing the sword burst skill quite easier.

Actually it was awesome, I was getting 3K burns, nice bleeds, torments and nice power damage also.

Then I was thinking how similar the thing felt to Malyx/Shiro Revenant, instead of insane Torment ticks, I had insane burn ticks.

So I started asking myself, then why warrior sucks but Revenant is so awesome, then the light goes on.

To deliver that burns, bleeds, torment I have to land all my weapon skills and burst skill but a Revenant should only toggle 8, 9 and Elite then they have all their confusion/torment stacked.

Other then mace skills (they really even don’t have to land the axe skills), there isn’t really that much they have to do, just toggle things on then watch people die.

I think same is true to certain level for mesmers also, place the wells on the top of the people and then face roll.

I think this is the reason GW2 PVP is so boring at the moment, all the META classes/build, they are just there to reduce to skill factor and let the toggles do the work.

It is clear for me know, if GW2 PVP will be attractive and balanced, it should go away from this toggle mentality and go back to skill factor, which means if you can’t land your skills, you can’t do anything to the opposing player.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

pre juni patch >>> pre HoT >>> now

profession design is out of control…

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

But… but that would imply to remove the DH comletely!

in PvP

Posted by: Jiggawattz.2697

Jiggawattz.2697

Actually, warrior is worse than condi rev purely because condi rev has like 10 survival abilities that could be chained together with 100% resistance uptime, now that it got nerfed, condi rev is manageable.

in PvP

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

But… but that would imply to remove the DH comletely!

Except DH is not in the meta

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

Uhmm, actually Rev doesn’t have more survival abilities then Warrior.

Malyx/Shiro has 2 heals with 30s CD one for 6K heal the other initial 1.8K and if not stun locked another 5K if it deliver all hits so theoretically 6K on 15s CD, 4K heal/invuln from shield 5 on 25CD and another 4K/invuln from auto proc on 25s CD, so we can say every 15s it get 10K heals.

The build I mentioned above has 2 invulns endure pain and auto proc EP on 60s CDs, Signet heals 361 and defense trait for 351 for every 3s, 5415 for every 15s and 1755 every 15s so 7.17K every 15s.

Ok it seems Rev has 3K more sustain then Warrior at the moment but Rev is better because 3K more sustain or because of the utility skills and the Elite that I mentioned.

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

To deliver that burns, bleeds, torment I have to land all my weapon skills and burst skill but a Revenant should only toggle 8, 9 and Elite then they have all their confusion/torment stacked.

Saying the 8 and 9 skill doesnt realy make sence cus you can chose what skill you want in what slot :p but I get your point.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

if warrior get shiro and sword and double heal, warrior viable as fffff

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

snip

vigorous persistence, enduring recovery, riposting shadows, energy sigil(double weap swap) -> insane endurance regen -> unwavering avoidance -> insane stab uptime

unrelenting assault also evades.

envoy of sustenance, durability rune, facet of nature -> insane boon uptime including resistance, protection and stability(best defensive boons)

versed in stone 45sec CD -> even less damage taken

you missed shield(4) 2k heal from calculation.

edit: no idea how did ‘kitten ’ /45 seconds/ end up kitten’d

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

If you trait it, you can also have perma-stability in Berserker mode for Warrior and if you endurance Signet (which I can I have one open slot) better then normal endurance generation.

And the Shiro endurance generation is limited with energy management, the rest again skill-less passive procs.