Asura Animations & Visual Effects are Broken

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Thanks for reporting this! This looks like a scaling issue where the effect is scaling the character’s size but the skill itself is not scaling. A fix for this will require some design work so I can’t say a whole lot in regards to when it could be fixed.

While a respect this honest answer, I’m really concernd that we didn’t even get a "soon™ ".

I wish I could say soon™. But this is a pretty interesting issue to address.

Easy fix:
Just make that if you enter a pvp match, you automatically get transformed into a human character, so no issues anymore (for the time you are in this match). Like when you use a tonic or so.
And btw I want an option for myself to let everyone be shown in a pvp match as a human so I finally can see the animations of the Freaking asuras and norn mesmers stop destroying my view…

How would this idea handle things like cultural armors? Won’t turning everyone into humans cause a loss of uniqueness in the game? Every player has specific facial adjustments, body types, heights, armor colors, and weapons; what happens to these?

I disagree with Dwayna because I like asura and think the fault of players who complain about asura is that they didn’t roll asura themselves then…

I like asura because:
- their way of moving, it feels a lot better than human, charr, norn, sylvari
- they don’t fill up my screen, give me a way better view of my surroundings
- generally they’re so cuuuuuuute

I do not think asura make a difference in high skill games:
- With tab-target it doesn’t matter how big the character is
- I have lost plenty of duels against other races with an asura
- Asura have a disadvantage: their hitbox is bigger than their character, which makes it easier to hit them as enemies don’t need to come that close

I would probably quit the game if they banned all my cute characters out of SPvP. I play this game because of it’s cosmetics, and end-game is all about it.
SPvP being my only game mode I play, it would be really sad to have all the characters I worked kitten to get a unique and cool look to be banned from SPvP.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

Just add an option to show enemies as humans and one for teammates. Use the generic human model from WwW.

Easy-fix, not alot of effort.

Shuriyo

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

Thanks for reporting this! This looks like a scaling issue where the effect is scaling the character’s size but the skill itself is not scaling. A fix for this will require some design work so I can’t say a whole lot in regards to when it could be fixed.

While a respect this honest answer, I’m really concernd that we didn’t even get a "soon™ ".

Easy fix:
Just make that if you enter a pvp match, you automatically get transformed into a human character, so no issues anymore (for the time you are in this match). Like when you use a tonic or so.
And btw I want an option for myself to let everyone be shown in a pvp match as a human so I finally can see the animations of the Freaking asuras and norn mesmers stop destroying my view…

How would this idea handle things like cultural armors? Won’t turning everyone into humans cause a loss of uniqueness in the game? Every player has specific facial adjustments, body types, heights, armor colors, and weapons; what happens to these?

I disagree with Dwayna because I like asura and think the fault of players who complain about asura is that they didn’t roll asura themselves then…

I like asura because:

- Asura have a disadvantage: their hitbox is bigger than their character, which makes it easier to hit them as enemies don’t need to come that close

- how much minutes we need press tab vs mm necro/mesmo/ranger team?
-pss, by secret except beeing asura you must have any skills
- look at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Asura-Animations-Visual-Effects-are-Broken/first#post3976318 and don’t imagine “disadvantages”.
And players don’t want delete your ‘musi-pusi asura’. We need option, which let display you at OUR monitors as normal human model

in PvP

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Previous

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

To quickly recap what you have all been saying, it looks like there are two significant groups that think they have the best solution to this issue.

The first being to scale all of the asuras up to be larger and scale down the charr and norn. The second is to turn everyone in the match into a human.

I think that there are a few things worth mentioning. The ‘generic humans from WvW’ are not like other character models in the game. They have a smaller animation set which would be unable to properly display all animations, which is exactly what the original problem is. The other thing to note is that with SAB the scaling did not make all races the same height.

Hopefully this provides some insight and can help drive discussion on more viable potential solutions.

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

To quickly recap what you have all been saying, it looks like there are two significant groups that think they have the best solution to this issue.

The first being to scale all of the asuras up to be larger and scale down the charr and norn. The second is to turn everyone in the match into a human.

I think that there are a few things worth mentioning. The ‘generic humans from WvW’ are not like other character models in the game. They have a smaller animation set which would be unable to properly display all animations, which is exactly what the original problem is. The other thing to note is that with SAB the scaling did not make all races the same height.

Hopefully this provides some insight and can help drive discussion on more viable potential solutions.

i don’t think everyone needs to be the exact same height. there’s no problem in having slightly shorter or slightly bigger people, the problem is the huge disparity. as i’ve shown on a screenshot on a previous post, the SAB scaling, while not an equalizer, brings charr and asura inches apart.

as for the other solution, i think they don’t mean “literally use the placeholder models” as much as “have fully-animated replacement models that would behave as humans”. basically apply human animations to a faceless human character that would replace people in a PvP map based on profession. it’s a bit of work, but it doesn’t sound impossible. it would still cost players their uniqueness though.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Whatever you do,do not touch the size of humans/norns.Asurans are the issue at hand here.Increase their smallest size to the current asuran largest size.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I saw someone say they’d want to view asura as thier normal size in PvP. If people would like to play with this disadvantage and it would be a blocking point, then give them an option to play with the disadvantage.

Upsizing Asura and Downsizing Norn/Charr sound like the best option, because a lot of the community is concerned about their skins. It would be unfair to just say that Charr, Asura, and to a much much lesser extent the Norn are out of luck by changing character models to humanoids.

That said it would show people ANet is taking PvP seriously if they normalized all character models in PvP.

Like I said though, I think the best option is to resize charr, norn, and asura. You see different character models in other esport games from LoL to Halo, so I don’t think it’d be that big a deal.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Didn’t know that the WvW models have a smaller animation set.
But would it be possible to make a “standard” character model that gets displayed if a player chooses a special setting? So that there is a little check box in the options, if you klick it, everyone gets displayed as human standard with his/her armor and weapon, if cultural then it displays the human cultural instead.
So every character even if its already human gets normalized on your client (same height, same face, …) , armor will still be the same as without this setting well as weapons, but if you have a cultural piece equipped it shows the human version. As this would be client sided, the people who want to see their asura get to see their asura, but the people who want to see the animations get to see the animations.
Or would this be a too great expense?

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Scaling of the asura is NOT an option. Not to mention, that we don’t want our char to be displayed differently. Only the opponents in the pvp match should get a different display.

Currently I see three options:
1.) Best option: Including an option to turn every ENEMY into a human with generic armor and appearance. Similar to the option to change the cloth color.

2.) Fix the Asura animations (probably a lot of work, and may still be a problem in the end, because not every animation can be the same, and therefore people will always be annoyed/cry).

3.) Least Favored, but maybe as a hotfix till the implementation of the first option: Force everyone to use a human-tonic to change the appearance.

I think that there are a few things worth mentioning. The ‘generic humans from WvW’ are not like other character models in the game. They have a smaller animation set which would be unable to properly display all animations, which is exactly what the original problem is.

We know that, but we have no insight how that effects us. We don’t need exactly the same model as the generic WvW char models, since their purpose is to be easily displayed for slower PCs.
You have already managed to change the cloth color in PvP, I believe in you, that you also manage to change the whole physical appearance to be the same character model (at least human with same size, if the char model is able to change f.e. depending on gender and hair color, that would ofc be much cooler).

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

Then if they are missing animations… add them!! You already have the “moves” from normal human players, there is nothing new to design.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I vote the SAB route. They don’t need to be exactly the same but they need to be close.

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Easy fix:

I like asura because:

I would probably quit the game if they banned all my cute characters out of SPvP. I play this game because of it’s cosmetics, and end-game is all about it.
SPvP being my only game mode I play, it would be really sad to have all the characters I worked kitten to get a unique and cool look to be banned from SPvP.

I think you missed the point of this whole thing.
You come with the same reason the people bring up if they play OP builds:
Go play it yourself instead of complaining that something is op! – Thats not the way
this kind of community and game works.

First: most of the options we discuss here are client sided, so if you don’t want
anything to change ,just go into the options (if it gets finally implemented).
Second: Asuras have an advantage, just because you lost against other classes doesn’t
mean you have no advantage playing one, just think about what you said and
it may will become clear to you, it’s again clearer if you think about it with my
OP Class example.
Third:The hitbox on all classes are the same, so no difference there, it’s only the
animations and visual effects we are talking about.
And Finally: No one wants to take away your things you grinded for so hard while
playing a GAME.

PS: Asuras are not cute , i would prefer quaggan.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

I haven’t read through all the posts, so apologies for my redundancy if this has already been mentioned.

Geomancy sigil (and I presume Hydromancy too, haven’t tested it though) has the same issue. You can hit players as an Asura with Geomancy that are standing outside of the sigil animation.

A good start would be to ban Asura characters from official tournaments, at least until you come up with a proper fix. Maybe even force human avatars on all participating players. That would go a long way in bringing back some credibility to /esports.

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

I
A good start would be to ban Asura characters from official tournaments, at least until you come up with a proper fix.

They are already banned at decent tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

What do you think would be the ideal solution to levelling the playing field, while still maintaining some of the game’s visual flair? Assume that you could do anything ie, don’t restrict yourself to what you think “can” or “cannot” be done.

Personally, asura are the only characters that are hard for me to see the animation or even to pick out its class in some cases. Its not just the size of asura. Its their shape and animations combined with tiny size that cause a problem.

My ideal solution would be to just delete all asura- I mean look at all the problems they have caused in spvp- even their map has caused continual tears for months on end.

Can’t we just….get rid of them?

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

The SAB scaling gets close enough and keeps the game the same as far as diversity and looks. If you could give it a try over a week, even if it proves to be unpopular at least it shows you are putting into practice possible solutions – sitting discussing it for years has not given players confidence that a fix is coming.

A slight difference in height =/= the situation we have atm. Give it a try it doesn’t need to be a perfect solution but it does need to be moved in the right direction.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

I definitely vote for a human option for clients - anyone watching has to see player-race models, but there’s a checkbox in the settings for "see all enemies in PvP as human".

in PvP

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I don’t think all characters have to be exactly the same size in pvp, just close enough that there isn’t a noticeable and obvious difference between the skill’s visual effect and the actual range of said skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Race Divisions
Human/Sylvari
Norn/Charr
Asura
Mixed

Cast Bars
for spectating mode so casters and viewers have a better understanding of what is happening.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I definitely vote for a human option for clients – anyone watching has to see player-race models, but there’s a checkbox in the settings for “see all enemies in PvP as human”.

This

In this way you have an option to see models like They really are or like a standard human to read animations better.

Best option for me.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I definitely vote for a human option for clients – anyone watching has to see player-race models, but there’s a checkbox in the settings for “see all enemies in PvP as human”.

This

In this way you have an option to see models like They really are or like a standard human to read animations better.

Best option for me.

Me too, this is the best option that won’t affect anyone except the one that turns it on.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

This

Best option for me.

+1

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

How about setting asura to there max size as default upon entering the mist. Also increase there max size by 10%-15%?

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

So instead of racial divisions of similar size scaling for a more equal experience people want the option to view everyone as a human which is more or less a human only division? What would be the point in not wanting to view an asura as a human in a mixed racial division?

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Why a human?

From what I know and heard, actually Charr animations are most clear and visible. They’re not as huge as norns, most important things have good animations (Hundred Blades for example or channeled skills, shots, dagger animations etc. etc.).

Whatever we decide, human or charr/anything, just purge Asuras from competitive game modes.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Just allow us to see a normalized human model in pvp. Please.

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

There’s no way this would happen, but I’d love to see this as a bit of an experiment: keep the models as they are, but -5% outbound damage for asura, and +5% outbound damage for norn and charr.

I say this because for as long as I can remember there’s a set of PvPers that try to make their avatars as small as possible. Either by picking the smallest race or, like in Aion, just making their characters really really tiny. I would love to see if a slight penalty to the small race would be enough to make them change their minds on that, or if the benefits of being so tiny would outweigh such a thing.

I bet they’d still pick asuras. The ones who move to norn and charr would be human/sylvari players.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Brandon,

The OP’s work is amazing, but visual effects scaling bugs are not the only problem caused by the massive size disparities between characters. The bugs he found are pretty serious (and I bet they affect many more skills than the ones he tested as well!), but there are 2 other issues that affect the entire game in general:
1. Telegraphing: some skills telegraph themselves by having a decal appear over the character’s head in addition to the casting animation itself. Those aren’t hard to see, because the decal normally doesn’t scale with character size. However, MOST skills in the game are only telegraphed by the character raising their arm in the air, or pointing at their target’s direction, for 0.75" or so. In those cases smaller character sizes DO make it harder for the opponent to see it, and gives small characters a serious advantage!
2. Occlusion: This one mostly affects people like me who made the stupid mistake of rolling a melee class with a large character. The problem is that if you’re a big Norn or Charr and are in melee range, the over-the-shoulder perspective makes it harder to see your opponent AT ALL if they’re a small human or smaller! Your character just covers them up completely! I admit that can be funny sometimes (a friend with an Asura mesmer once hid inside an AFK Norn inside an enemy keep in WvW so he could portal us back in), but it’s pretty frustrating when I’m playing my d/d Charr ele! Fortunately, this is much easier to fix than the telegraphing problem or the bugs uncovered by the OP: just let us zoom out a tiny little bit more, and raise the angle of the camera in the most zoomed-out setting so it’s a semi-top-down perspective, like we have in big boss fights in PvE. Of course this would make casting animations even harder to see, particularly when they don’pt have a nice bright decal on them, which brings us back to the OP’s suggestion: CASTING BARS LIKE EVERY OTHER ONLINE GAME HAS!

Personally I’d prefer scaling everyone’s size rather than turning them into humans. This is an RPG, I don’t want every single one of us to have the Sarge model from Quake :p Note: it doesn’t need to scale everyone to the EXACT same size. Currently the smallest character models only come up to the knee of the biggest ones. If you scale so that the smallest come up to the stomach or chest of the biggest it would be more than enough!

However, I don’t think it’ll be enough on its own. I reckon you folks should go back and play a bit of GW1 and see how easy it was to keep track of what was happening in fights there. The key features were:
1. Nametags UNDER the character models rather than over, so they don’t occlude the casting animations
2. Big shiny and VERY distinctive decals flashing over the character’s heads (or over their target’s heads for certain skills) that didn’t scale with character size and were at least as big as the largest character models – I can still remember the Protective Spirit decal by heart, we learned to switch targets on a dime when we saw that appear over a target’s head!
3. CASTING BARS on your target display, so you saw exactly what your window for interrupting someone was!
4. For when you don’t have someone targeted and therefore can’t see their casting bar, very dictinctive casting animations, by which I mean not just raising your hand in the air but RISING 3 FEET IN THE AIR WITH BOTH YOUR ARMS EXTENDED OUTWARDS during the cast! Hard to miss a dude doing that even if he’s 4 feet tall!
5. big spinning circle around your target’s feet instead of the puny red arrow (which as a colourblind person I find very hard to see, ditto for the hostile aoe red circles!) that we have now.

Thank you.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Darko.5873

Darko.5873

So, anything being done about this or is this another “great feedback guys, we’ll talk about this internally” threads?

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

So, anything being done about this or is this another “great feedback guys, we’ll talk about this internally” threads?

I think we already know the answer to your question.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Did you expect something different?

in PvP

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

asura build wars 2

Dry Leaves

in PvP

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

asura build warriors 2

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

in PvP

Posted by: Odik.4587

Odik.4587

just asura wars, i also would like to change all legendaries to default wepaons , this shining things disctract and change animations , so ugly THINGS in pvp must have a turn off button or i must create topic for it to be seen ?

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Probably a stupid idea, but why not adjuct the matchmaking so, that asura’s are paired with each other, and norn wich each other, each in their own matchup. Just a thought. I know it would have serious issue’s

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Easy fix:

As long as you aim for a competitive game mode, any sort of “racial” or “gender” imbalances should be eradicated without any second thoughts.

Or you can make it UBER SIMPLE;
Red Team = Red Kodan Ghosts
Blue Team = Blue Kodan Ghosts

TADA!!!! problem solved. Best of all, we can now play as Kodan’s.

Edit; fine example; there is a FPS game, will not mention name, that was designed in such a way that if you shot a male char in the privates, he’d die as if you’d shot him in the head. Guess what kind of characters everyone played within 3 months? Oh, yes, female….

Guess what the company making the game did? Nothing, they decided to just launch a series of sexy suits for females and call it a day.

They made a lot of money, but AFAIK, females were banned from all serious E-sports tournaments, such as ESL.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you make it so that when you enter sPvP, your toon changes races and appearance, you can pretty much guarantee that no PvE player will ever try out/play sPvP again.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

If you make it so that when you enter sPvP, your toon changes races and appearance, you can pretty much guarantee that no PvE player will ever try out/play sPvP again.

Well okay wait; what if it’s only for Team Que(Or Special Custum arenas for High End Tournaments) pvp, and only asura characters?
Most people try out the non-competetive modes of play first and not everybody plays Rats.

There has to be a compromise somewhere; No should be forced to do anything like make a new character but High end Pvp Cannot have imbalances on a base level such as Race or Costumes.(Outfits hide animations/create Animation locks)

Even though Mistleague has banned Asuras, TOL can’t ban them (because anet can’t admit some things even with definitive proof)

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

The option to turn all asurans into human as a choice is the way to go for pvp matches only. Obviously would not extend outside of matches. As soon as you get into a pvp match whether it be hotjoin/solo que /team que it then activates the asura→human transition. Giving the option would be huge.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573

Any updates on this issue?

in PvP

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Personally I think the best way to solve both these issues (hard to see tells & deceptive skill effect ranges) is to do the following:

1. Do not scale effects. Keep them all in proportion as if cast by humans. With the exception of effects that are attached to your character (aegis for example).
2. Add cast bars as an option. Have the cast bar appear above the enemy head or something, so it is clear and easy to see, without it taking your eyes too far away from the action. Or maybe have it moveable so we can place it where it feels best for us.

As humans are in the middle, in size terms, I see no major issue with having all effects scale to this size. With regards to the cast bar, it means we can keep our characters at the size we desired without it providing us any unfair advantage in PvP/WvW. There is no need to work some rescaling system into the game, potentially annoying some players, when a simple cast bar can be added.

Anet wanted to take our eyes off the UI, but lets face it, they haven’t done the best job in all respects. We still rely to some degree on our UI (especially when there are so many different effects flying about in fights, keeping track of what condis and boons effect players is a lot easier to see from the UI than the action in front of you) and I feel if a piece of the UI is very useful (cast bar) without it distracting too much from the action around you (by placing it in view near the action, without it obstructing your view), it would not be a problem to add a cast bar. And if some players do not like it then provide a tick box to hide it.

I also really feel it is high time they did something with the scaling of effects on mobs too. Trying to see tells from bosses is a joke at times, so this issue of scaling effects also causes problems in PvE.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Pope.1469

Pope.1469

Asura do not need to be identical in height to other races. If this were the case we’d have folks complaining about the height difference between human and norn. They just need to be big enough to see what the hell they’re doing. I’ll leave the details to you, that’s your job.

And about skill graphic scaling – why is this even a thing? What possible purpose is there for race to be tied to profession skills in this way? How does this help facilitate the competitive environment ArenaNet has promised to deliver?

This isn’t a discussion about profession balance or game design, but a fundamental fairness that every competitive game should have. The ‘viable solutions’ in this case should come from you, the developers. So when ANet offers a fair and balanced PvP mode, and there’s this bug/game feature that’s working against that, fix it, as quickly as possible. It doesn’t matter how difficult it is to do so. With all due respect, that’s the bottom line.

Hey, thanks for responding to us Branden. o7

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

anyone have fought a eviscerate asura warrior? most broken @&%$ i ever meet. you dont know wth is hitting you.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in PvP

Posted by: slsharpshooter.5631

slsharpshooter.5631

Easy fix:

Step 1. Make Asuras Bigger
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit

Your thought too deeply on the wrong idea. Don’t talk about body types, colour and weapons because we all know you can scale a character to any size: Character Creation, In-game mobs of varying size but same model, Engineer Elixir S, Box-O-Fun… You can do it easily, what is stopping you guys…

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

anyone have fought a eviscerate asura warrior? most broken @&%$ i ever meet. you dont know wth is hitting you.

I play it sometimes its quite entertaining lol.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

also, Helseth plays an asura mesmer…I dont imagine the Lord himself would be agreeable if he is forced to be a human

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Easy fix:

They are kept in pve and wvw and lobbies, where they should be kept.
considering loads of players are on lowest settings because of the extra loads of prosessing stuff being dumped on their connection and hardware. it shouldn’t be an problem. heck we have been fighting stickfigures since culling.

Won’t turning everyone into humans cause a loss of uniqueness in the game?
This is a wrong way of seeing things, that has been bothering loads of people. Wanting to make things “Look good” over making it “work well”

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in PvP

Posted by: Gunlaugr.2716

Gunlaugr.2716

Just give us the option to turn other players’ character model into a standard human client side. That way people who want to look like an asura can look like an asura, and the rest of us don’t have to suffer the lack of visual cues when fighting them.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Just give us the option to turn other players’ character model into a standard human client side. That way people who want to look like an asura can look like an asura, and the rest of us don’t have to suffer the lack of visual cues when fighting them.

This really is all we need. In PvP there aren’t even racial skills to fuss over.

Make it horribly ugly, sure – force default armour, with team colours, though I guess show prestige stuff like Legendaries and backpieces – but something like this would really, really help with the problem of tiny asura hiding under AI or other players, and having nigh-unreadable tells.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

also, Helseth plays an asura mesmer…I dont imagine the Lord himself would be agreeable if he is forced to be a human

Helseth plays asuras for their obvious advantage.

Asuras must be dealt with somehow if pvp is ever to be taken even the least bit seriously.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?