Automated Tournaments

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: strong and brave.5718

strong and brave.5718

I had this idea that could fill the content gap between premade ranked queues and AG/ESL tournaments.

What if there was a daily gated automated tournament with no player limit that occured 3 times a day, so as to cover all time zones. You would have to enter it as a team, and you could only enter once a day.

You would get Qualifcation Points depending on how you place in it, which would be needed to enter the monthly automated tournament. This one would have a limit to the amount of teams that can enter.

You could also use ranked team mmr to determine seeding, so that is isn’t pointless to queue as a team.

I basically ripped this off GW1

Sue me

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

well they gonna need something after ESL-proleague getting scrapped.

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

There used to be automated tournaments but they seemed to have been scrapped when they changed everything.

AG is at an all-time low in terms of signups now. It’d be nice to get those numbers back up.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I had this idea that could fill the content gap between premade ranked queues and AG/ESL tournaments.

What if there was a daily gated automated tournament with no player limit that occured 3 times a day, so as to cover all time zones. You would have to enter it as a team, and you could only enter once a day.

You would get Qualifcation Points depending on how you place in it, which would be needed to enter the monthly automated tournament. This one would have a limit to the amount of teams that can enter.

You could also use ranked team mmr to determine seeding, so that is isn’t pointless to queue as a team.

I basically ripped this off GW1

Sue me

It would need seeding and divisions. For example if you’re Emerald you can enter the Emerald or above brackets but a Legendary would only qualify for Legendary tournaments. It should be MMR based since the old leaderboard system needs bringing back. It still won’t prevent sandbagging smurfs but it’s a good idea. We also need MMR locking at certain thresholds to avoid deliberate division dropping since it wouldn’t be fair for a top team to deliberately lose just to stomp a bunch of Diamonds. MMR locking would only apply after you have a settled rating so if you have the noob volatility you could drop (but not qualify for anything until the volatility goes away).

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

GW1 did it and it made too much sense. Won’t happen.

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

GW1 did it and it made too much sense. Won’t happen.

It actually saddens me how true this is…..
RIP common sense

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

I love this idea.

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

the original ranked system in this game was something like the automated tournament where you even had to buy tickets to join for gems if im not wrong

eventually it proved to be an extremely poor and unpopular decision mostly because it was dominated by a very limited set of premades roflstomping everything

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Automated Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: strong and brave.5718

strong and brave.5718

the original ranked system in this game was something like the automated tournament where you even had to buy tickets to join for gems if im not wrong

eventually it proved to be an extremely poor and unpopular decision mostly because it was dominated by a very limited set of premades roflstomping everything

The original automated tournaments at launch were horrible. You could spam them, sync queue them, and you could just farm gems.

These new ones would gate participation to daily so that the same team can’t enter more than once a day, essentially turning it into a daily event rather than just another queue.

Also having them 3 times a day means that one premade can’t just dominate all the time, since teams will just enter the one they’re not participating in.