Balance Officially toxic

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Congratulations Anet, the game is at the point that people will laugh at you, insult you, and call you a noob because you are not running an Xpac build. Playing a guardian instead of a dragonhunter now makes me an underpowered scrub. 2 people on my team shared that sentiment. Thats 50% of my team.

Back in my day only condi necros were that toxic

This game is supposed to pride itself on being built in a way that it encourages people treating each other kindly and not in a way that promotes aggression towards one another. Having builds that are clearly under powered is something that is cause for arguement

That being said

Please give us another balance patch

With Love,
The dude who’s been running the same build for over a year yet somehow seems to be getting worse.

P.S. I uninstalled LoL because of its toxic community. Haven’t played it in two years. We’re no wheres close to that yet but dear god is the game moving in that direction.(As far as the people I see in PvP. PvE is still great…unless you’re the tag doing DS meta)

(edited by Silhouette.5631)

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

So uninstall this too – this game is balanced around the idea that Elite specs are the new thing and if you’re not going to pay you’re going to be underpowered. Your team will rage at you and for good reason.

Almost all ( if not all ) elite specs are clear upgrades over the classic core classes – so you’re holding your team back if you don’t have elite specs.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

yeah sad to tell you but meta changes, that means a year old build will be underpowered. Some builds survive through a couple of diff metas but no way for a year, xcept cele ele, which is dead and buried now.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Say thank you anet for sellout and buy hot.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Catastrophe.2407

Catastrophe.2407

P.S. I uninstalled LoL because of its toxic community. Haven’t played it in two years. We’re no wheres close to that yet but dear god is the game moving in that direction.(As far as the people I see in PvP. PvE is still great…unless you’re the tag doing DS meta)

Hang on, how do you not have the expansion yet are talking about leading a dragon soul meta eh?

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

So uninstall this too – this game is balanced around the idea that Elite specs are the new thing and if you’re not going to pay you’re going to be underpowered. Your team will rage at you and for good reason.

Almost all ( if not all ) elite specs are clear upgrades over the classic core classes – so you’re holding your team back if you don’t have elite specs.

Elite specs will eventually be free for all, but it will take a long time (1-2 years)

NSPride <3

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

He has the expac, he’s just a being fossil who refuses to adapt.

You can hardly expect to progress in LoL if you only “main” one hero and build. Why should you expect differently in GW2?

Adapt or die.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Congratulations Anet, the game is at the point that people will laugh at you, insult you, and call you a noob because you are not running an Xpac build. Playing a guardian instead of a dragonhunter now makes me an underpowered scrub. 2 people on my team shared that sentiment. Thats 50% of my team.

The only issue I see is that they somewhat thing that DH is viable: it isn’t. Instead of moking your for using core guard they should show disdain due you didn’t rereoll to some other class. Of course you can play whatever you want, but is 100% scientific that you’re halving your team’s chances of win with that class.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Silhouette.5631

Anet. Please look at this thread. See what you’ve turned PvP into. The attitudes you see right here are basically what you have floating around an entire 1/3 of your games endgame content. TOXIC.

Please fix it

P.S. Vicky in LoL you switch out characters to either better support your team or because the enemy picked one that’s a really bad matchup for you. In Gw2 This isn’t the case, its just blatant disbalance with a handful of builds being better than the rest :c. LoL has a big roster and it frequently balances the game to keep them all, for the most part, viable. This is not the case we have in GW2s current state of PvP

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its not a good reason, the balance should be such that he can play the core class without being significantly underpowered.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

imho, your teammates were stupid.

Vanilla Condi Medi Guard blows the doors off of anything DH can bring to the table in this current meta.

That’s not to say that you shouldn’t be running a different class entirely….

…but DH was barely viable before when it was
“OLOLOLOL U STAPPED ON MAH TREPS!”

…and in this meta its completely useless.

You are definitely better off running a vanilla medi setup over glassy dh trapper…. at least that way you have some sustain and your virtues are instantly activated.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

Ummmm official post or you are blatantly lying. No need for the post. You’re lying.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

This game is supposed to pride itself on being built in a way that it encourages people treating each other kindly and not in a way that promotes aggression towards one another. Having builds that are clearly under powered is something that is cause for arguement

That being said

With Love,
The dude who’s been running the same build for over a year yet somehow seems to be getting worse.

Step 1: Create a new chat tab called Silence.
Step 2: Turn everything off in said chat tab.
Step 3: Smile as you won’t be able to hear what anyone says unless you want to.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

With Love,

I was playing a shout-based Guard before HoT dropped. After HoT I switched to a Dragon Hunter with mostly traps, but a lot of the play is identical, you should really give it a shot.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

That being said

With Love,

Have you never played a PvP game.before? When ever there is competition, they is aggression. It’s human nature. People on a team will always blame others. Especially when they do not have to see those people face to face. I find during league unranked is really friendly.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

So what exactly does your comment mean? Its not helpings the OP’s cause and it surely aint helping the game’s cause.

And while Im at it, holy crap at the number of toxic posters on this thread who pretty much consolidate the op’s point. Do the forums have ‘ignore’ too?

(edited by pepsis.5384)

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

don’t let all the toxicity get you down, I run a non elite spec Mesmer build and a few other none elite class builds on other professions. the meta builds are their for the less skilled players because they have more room for error. if you learn your builds strengths and weaknesses and play to them you will be fine.

people should play whatever they thinks good, if it isn’t that effective in a match change it up, adapt your play to different situations, evolve your build. mines evolved over the 3 or so years. I even have 1 utility slot that I swap out constantly between 3 skills depending on the other teams classes I up against.

if all else fails turn chat off

Death Good

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I agree with turning chat off. Play your game your way w/e profession you want and w/e build you want and w/e strategy you want. If chat is turned off you won’t hear any spoiled brat potty mouthed kids yelling at you and calling you names and you’ll have a much better gaming experience. Oh and listen to some cool uplifting music while you play that is always nice to, I’d recommend some Rihanna but to each their own

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Ummmm official post or you are blatantly lying. No need for the post. You’re lying.

ANet is not going to officially post this, don’t you think?

M I L K B O I S

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

Its not a good reason, the balance should be such that he can play the core class without being significantly underpowered.

And I agree with you fully. I am just explaining these things:

1. His teammates are completely in the right to be upset – because they are at a disadvantage because of him.

2. He is wrong to be upset with his team which is upset and “toxic” simply because Anet decided to make things the way they are – if he wants to be mad and upset he should direct that at Anet.

3. While I agree that elite specs should not be “upgrades” over the core classes it’s blatantly obvious Anet intends them to be so – in order to incentivize people to buy HoT.
I wouldn’t be surprised if these Elte specs became free once the new Xpack came out and the new elite specs were even more OP.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

So what exactly does your comment mean? Its not helpings the OP’s cause and it surely aint helping the game’s cause.

And while Im at it, holy crap at the number of toxic posters on this thread who pretty much consolidate the op’s point. Do the forums have ‘ignore’ too?

OP is directing his anger at his team when he should be directing it at the state of the game. It’s not the “toxic community” that’s the problem – it’s the state of the game that’s causing the toxicity he experienced.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I think the game itself is toxic in how it’s balanced right now – and that makes people toxic because it is fairly frustrating. A long time ago the most frustrating thing in the game was a mesmer, but I think it’s pretty much been replaced by any class that can cc you from 100% to 0% or take all your hp with 2-3 attacks in 2 secs.

In other words: I understand why the average pvper is frustrated and salty, game balance right now is an absolute joke and because of the insane burst and cc in the game – tactics and careful gameplay doesn’t matter at all anymore, it’s a spamfest.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

Anet will never release such a statement ever. Because it’s going to cause backlash.

However go to http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki. You’ll find that all classes considered meta in PvP right now use the elite specs. All of them. Let that sink in.
Look at the pro leagues too – do you see many (or any?) non-elite specs?

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

why is it every time some gets their feelings hurt they come on the forums and com plain about the community being toxic? Do these people live in a bubble? Do you even interact with the real world? This game is way less toxic than real life or most other games for that matter

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Ellie.5913

why is it every time some gets their feelings hurt they come on the forums and com plain about the community being toxic? Do these people live in a bubble? Do you even interact with the real world? This game is way less toxic than real life or most other games for that matter

Um no sorry but you are wrong, people in real life would never come up to me and say the horrible things that people on this game say sometimes and if they did they’d probably get slapped in the face which is something you can’t do over the internet so that’s where cowards go to try to bully people and talk a lot of crap since they think there’s not gonna be any consequences .

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Balances are not meant to spvp.
All modifies are up to pve.

The only thing who can work about the spvp team are necks, or the aviability of runes/sigils.

The first you accept it the fast you can proceed the step ahead, which is

“cause lack of players the matchmaking works like” :

- Random classes put together instead 1x ( u can see 2x in both teams ). Still no1 knows why u can find 3 thieves vs 3 guardians insteam mixing team up.
- Premades vs Pug
- Stronghold, a pve map, in the same league of Spvp maps

“then you can aim for making up a premade with broken classes/setups, using voice chat”

That’s it.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

Because people have forgotten the art of “just moving on”.
If someone insults you in PvP – instead of going “oh that guy’s an kitten” and not minding it today’s oversensitive people need a place to vent because they’ve been verbally attacked and need to construct a safe zone in order to hide their fragile selves.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Um no sorry but you are wrong, people in real life would never come up to me and say the horrible things that people on this game say sometimes and if they did they’d probably get slapped in the face which is something you can’t do over the internet so that’s where cowards go to try to bully people and talk a lot of crap since they think there’s not gonna be any consequences .

Well perhaps it’s just my experience but I have had just as much verbal abusive I’m real life as I do in game.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

This isn’t LoL and your behaviour isn’t wanted here. Take your unfriendly behaviour else where.
Anet could do everyone a big favour and take reports more serious.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

gebrechen.5643

2. He is wrong to be upset with his team which is upset and “toxic” simply because Anet decided to make things the way they are – if he wants to be mad and upset he should direct that at Anet.

2. Wrong. He should report his team mates to Anet, because they are the ones with the disgusting behaviour. It’s nor Anet, neither the players fault, when people get angry because he plays a build thats not popular.
Don’t blame the victim.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Silhouette.5631

@gebrechen Ill agree that the players are kittens, but Arena Net should have seen this coming a mile away. They started pushing their game as an Esport and then blatantly dis-balanced it with HoT. Anybody who’s played any MOBAs or any competitive game should have been aware what kinda behavior comes along with it. They then made the game F2P and put heavy ingame monetary rewards with progressing along PvP. Add on how troublesome it is to report unsportsmanlike behavior and tada~

Its the perfect storm

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Silversteen.1360

Silversteen.1360

That being said

With Love,

Same here, playing my Guard/ Warrior with the same old builds like a year ago. You get flamed by your team mates and the enemies how pathetic it is that they’ve lost against you.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

No need for balance make a full premade with Dragonhunters and Chronomancers for easy win.

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Kaijantoo.5796

Kaijantoo.5796

I feel sorry for you OP but did you really expect people to be nice when you play an outdated build in ranked seasons? I don’t want to sound mean but you’re handicapping your entire team by playing something subpar. If you want to climb the ladder, you have to adapt and evolve your playstyle just like in any other game. I’m not here to defend the toxic idiots either though, if someone plays bad on your team, IMO tell them what they’re doing wrong or shut up and move on (not easy though, I get my salty moments too, I’m sorry for them)…

The game already gives you two choices in PvP: Unranked for a more casual and less serious experience and ranked for testing your skills in a more serious and competitive setting.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

If you do not have HOT and expect to win in pvp, then you should at least go vanilla condi necro. I would love to play d/d ele or rifle engi again (rifle engi probably being more viable for the two), but if you do not support Anet by purchasing their xpac, then why should they support you by making everything viable?
It would be a daunting task to make vanilla specs equal to elite specs. If they tried, what you would get is a combo between some elite specs and vanilla specs being meta. It is easier and makes more sense to balance around the new and fresh trait lines, plus it gives more incentive to purchasing HOT.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I really miss guard bunkers, they couldn’t kill much but sure could hold a point.

Is it just my rose colored glasses, or has the balance overall got progressively worse since launch?

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

The people that don’t do that in real life don’t do it because they’re interested in the social aspect and implications those harsh words may have.
You’ll find that a lot of harsh verbal violence takes place between either very close people ( where there’s a lot of anger and people feel justified) or between total strangers ( where there are no foreseeable social consequences).

If people talked that way you’d probably slap them and then they’d probably hit you back.
Violence is not the answer – I agree – but responding to verbal violence with physical violence as you suggest just shows how poorly people understand things and how unprepared you are to deal with violence of any sort in your life.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

This isn’t LoL and your behaviour isn’t wanted here. Take your unfriendly behaviour else where.
Anet could do everyone a big favour and take reports more serious.

Nobody wants this to be LoL. The comparison was made because people said “the toxic community is why GW2’s PvP is in a sorry state” – to which people replied with the obvious point that there are many other games out there with communities far more toxic (Dota, LoL, CoD) that have had massive PvP success.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

2. Wrong. He should report his team mates to Anet, because they are the ones with the disgusting behaviour. It’s nor Anet, neither the players fault, when people get angry because he plays a build thats not popular.
Don’t blame the victim.

So being upset at people for underperforming is now considered victim blaming?

I wonder if you’d feel the same way if a doctor underperformed while managing a patient. Different situations but the same general logic can apply.

The victims here are both the player in question and the other 4 teammates of his. They’re suffering because of each other and the one who created the system that led to all this si Anet.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I would love to play d/d ele or rifle engi again (rifle engi probably being more viable for the two), but if you do not support Anet by purchasing their xpac, then why should they support you by making everything viable?

See this right here is what I think is problematic.

Your argument is that we need to support ArenaNet for making more builds viable. That’s something I can agree with. Everyone needs a living, and I have had access to this game for 3 years (including a lot of periods I didn’t play) for 50 euros.

But if I do buy the expansion, does that mean I support the current direction of the game? Now, I personally think most elite specs are total cheese and it just so happens I really dislike playing cheese.

Just to give an example: long before HoT there was the dire p/d condition thief (also often named the condi cancer thief). This build was overpowered in WvW but most good players hated it, because it required minimal effort to win. I could have played this build to win, but I refused to because it made winning fights too easy and the game downright boring.

The same applies to elite specs. They are cheese in the same way. So if I ‘support’ ArenaNet, I get to play elite specs… but I don’t want to play them. If I buy HoT there won’t be more balance. Next expansion will just see more cheese added.

Fyi: I am now playing another game than GW2, but I think it’s sad that ArenaNet is kittening up it’s own game.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

Because people have forgotten the art of “just moving on”.
If someone insults you in PvP – instead of going “oh that guy’s an kitten” and not minding it today’s oversensitive people need a place to vent because they’ve been verbally attacked and need to construct a safe zone in order to hide their fragile selves.

Microaggression!

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Sorry you uninstalled, but if you never bothered to update to the expac, it’s not exactly like ANet lost money on you leaving. =P

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

gebrechen.5643

@gebrechen Ill agree that the players are kittens, but Arena Net should have seen this coming a mile away. They started pushing their game as an Esport and then blatantly dis-balanced it with HoT. Anybody who’s played any MOBAs or any competitive game should have been aware what kinda behavior comes along with it. They then made the game F2P and put heavy ingame monetary rewards with progressing along PvP. Add on how troublesome it is to report unsportsmanlike behavior and tada~

Its the perfect storm

And that’s why good companies ban people for that behaviour. It’s even easier in a game without a sub fee.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

Ever since expansions were promised you had the guarantee of cheese. Cheese elite specs are JUST another way to promote selling the expansion. Other ways are:

-Mastery tracks
-Gliding
-New legendary skins and other skins in general
-Instant level 80 item

They do it to promote sales.
Next expansion will definitely see more cheese – just because it exists and therefore has to sell.

Also – if you don’t play cheese build you are hurting your team. You might just want to play “the difficult build” but most people just want to win the game.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Harper.4173

Its the perfect storm

And that’s why good companies ban people for that behaviour. It’s even easier in a game without a sub fee.

That sound like a great idea! Let’s ban paying customers because they’ve hurt someone’s feelings.

How about people just toughen up – realize that words don’t actually hurt if you choose to ignore them and maybe we can just go back to normal.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

And right there, the most important statement made in this thread:

It’s not that core specs should be on par with HoT specializations but they shouldn’t be obsolete and useless vs. HoT specs.

~ That’s all that needed to be said.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Ellie.5913

The people that don’t do that in real life don’t do it because they’re interested in the social aspect and implications those harsh words may have.
You’ll find that a lot of harsh verbal violence takes place between either very close people ( where there’s a lot of anger and people feel justified) or between total strangers ( where there are no foreseeable social consequences).

If people talked that way you’d probably slap them and then they’d probably hit you back.
Violence is not the answer – I agree – but responding to verbal violence with physical violence as you suggest just shows how poorly people understand things and how unprepared you are to deal with violence of any sort in your life.

Oh what a weird conclusion to come to considering you don’t even know me.
And yea in real life most people don’t go around verbally abusing others and if they do they can expect some type of retaliation which is usually physical, just because it’s the internet and you can hide behind a monitor doesn’t mean you have the right to verbally abuse anyone and I’m glad there’s report features for that, I think they should make the punishments harsher though. I mean if some one really wanted to they could record /screen shot people who harass them and sue them over it and with enough proof could win and make that person serve some time in jail/prison, it’s happened before and I’m sure it will happen again. Maybe if we had harsher punishments for it on games people would think twice before trying to bully some one and everyone can have a more happy peaceful gaming environment.

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

anet should do it like gw1, sell Hot skils for cash/gems (pvp only) , that way you can buy only the skils for 10€ and dont have to pay for the whole expansion

just did a quick search if something like this happend in the past, and guess what , it did — > http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/102109/worth-playing-without-expansions

so either you cripple yourself and your team by not wanting to pay for the expansion or you move on and pay the 40-50€ for the game you spend hundrets of hours on or of course you just quit the game, nothing is holding you back

ps: if in a year or two the next expansion comes , what will you do then ? still complain about balance?

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.6089

Chris.6089

Players: Anet, Warrior is OP
Anet: Okay, we will nerf DH
Players: What? DH is already the weakest now
Anet: oh right, we will nerf guardian then

Balance Officially toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Jake.5279

Jake.5279

anet should do it like gw1, sell Hot skils for cash/gems (pvp only) , that way you can buy only the skils for 10€ and dont have to pay for the whole expansion

just did a quick search if something like this happend in the past, and guess what , it did — > http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/102109/worth-playing-without-expansions

so either you cripple yourself and your team by not wanting to pay for the expansion or you move on and pay the 40-50€ for the game you spend hundrets of hours on or of course you just quit the game, nothing is holding you back

ps: if in a year or two the next expansion comes , what will you do then ? still complain about balance?

this wood be kitten