Battle of Kyhlo

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Justforvisit.3709

Justforvisit.3709

Either the Battle of Kyhlo Map needs a MASSIVE rework or needs to get banned from ranked, I’m sincerely p***ed about this map now and I think it has a reason why it’s so unpopular.

Just had a match where two people of the opponent team where almost permanently camping at the treb, just 3 of them on the map actually fighting for points and it was IMPOSSIBLE to go even near the treb without either fighting back and losing about 50% of your HP or rushing through and end up dead on arrival. The way to reach the enemy treb is WAY too long and can be defended and protected WAY too easy for a powerful weapon as the trebuchet is.

Not to mention all the times when opponent rangers are oneshotting you after leaving the base from the hill when you’re one of the un lucky classes without reflection skills -_-

Really, this map sucks enormously for ranked, where it should be about indivdual and team skill, and NOT who can abuse bad map design the best…. -_-

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Take it away from ranked? lol, it was always the 3rd game played in free & paid tournaments back in the day. Not like it’s some random hotjoin map.

Also, if there’s only 3 of them capping points, you should be beating them in teamfights. They can only treb 1 point at a time. Keeping 2 at treb is just silly & an easy way to lose. Unless they’re playing against you, apparently.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I think you are overrating treb’s real usefulness

M I L K B O I S

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

So you guys were 5v3 since 2 of the enemy were AFK treb and you still couldn’t win?

#Amberlyfe

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Take it away from ranked? lol, it was always the 3rd game played in free & paid tournaments back in the day. Not like it’s some random hotjoin map.

Also, if there’s only 3 of them capping points, you should be beating them in teamfights. They can only treb 1 point at a time. Keeping 2 at treb is just silly & an easy way to lose. Unless they’re playing against you, apparently.

I’d have to agree about that. Once you see one is defending the treb the whole match it is practically 4v5, well 3 in the field, one on treb. Plus you get the warning when they are firing on your position so you can dodge.
So instead of running to destroy the trebuchet focussing on capping points the enemy would be badly outnumbered. Unless these 3 are elites should be an easy match.

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I’d rather play Spirit Watch than Kyhlo in all honesty.

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

I read this post and the words he used was familiar to me. Yesterday i had a game on Kylo . I used trapper ranger (1602 condi dam.) and i was trebbing all points. i am real good on treb. Also a very good mobile thief was supporting me when 1 or 2 came to break treb.
i had about 300 points in the end of the game and they lost of course. one guy after the defeat used the same words. The game was solo q. So i guess he was unlucky.
The only bad i see in kylo is that some times when u shoot u don’t have feedback what happen with ur shoot ( no damage numbers no evade etc. ) I like u shoot on the space.
kylo as other map needs special builds . General builds not working 100%.

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Treb is powerful but if you overuse it or guard with two people you should loose … The map is still point caping …

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Treb is powerful but if you overuse it or guard with two people you should loose … The map is still point caping …

A good thief is the key !

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Khylo is my favorite map.

This is one of the maps in ranked that isn’t PvE.
It’s alot about teamwork in lower tiers. In higher tiers they never use the treb and I think that is becouse you will loose one cap defender or attacker. You need to have all players on the field.

Treb does alot of damage but there is good tactics to outmanuver the Treb.

As many have said, if 1 is on Treb and one or two is defending it, then you should just let them bomb. If you can’t rotate that fight then it is not the maps fault. Sorry.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

As many have said, if 1 is on Treb and one or two is defending it, then you should just let them bomb. If you can’t rotate that fight then it is not the maps fault. Sorry.

If 2 are defending the treb it should be the easiest match. With only 2 on the field tehy would be lucky to cap and hold one node.

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Trini.3576

Trini.3576

Honestly, For me I love it when the other team trebs let alone have two people sitting at the treb. The treb is very easy to dodge. Lastly, this is perfect opportunity to push for the third point. I don’t understand why people don’t get that.

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

It’s alot about teamwork in lower tiers. In higher tiers they never use the treb and I think that is becouse you will loose one cap defender or attacker. You need to have all players on the field.

exactly what EdgarMTanaka said.
also does not have stillness and tranQ to kitten up the team scores real good.

it all boils down to the ability to
- kill quickly
- not get killed quickly
- quickly rush to help team mates kill quickly
- etc

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It’s the biggest PvE map there is. The environment is what causes all the terrible camera obstructions and the map annoying overall. I like Temple better since it’s bigger and still a map without NPCs.

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Lol, someone can’t cap around the treb. 3 vs 5 should have been a slam dunk win.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

I also hate that map with passion, but I have no hopes it’ll ever get removed or reworked.

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Treb got plenty of counterplay, i see no reason to make major changes on that map. Mby add some usable kite options to the side nodes.
This map seems to eate up more cpu than it should… #i3problems

Battle of Kyhlo

in PvP

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Trade for new skyhammer please =)