Bring back Countryard!!!

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Chiming in to agree with Deathmatch idea with rounds, best 3 out of 5. No respawn/rez.

Keeps things organized while still keeping the pace going, without changing the original vision of the map which is to wipe out the enemy team.

And maybe make the place a little bigger. It was a very cramped, albeit beautiful map. Was always a fan of this one but I understood why it was removed from rotation.

A more structured mechanic like this would make it a treat to play and set the framework for newer maps in this vein.

Personally I think the overall size of the map was perfect, however I think the map design on that particular map is atrocious. It was so cluttered with random crap that it felt smaller than it really was.

Yeah, I guess. I get the walls and everything, it’s to LoS your enemies and vice versa. That’s a good thing.

No I agree with having line of sight on maps, I’m saying that particular maps design is poor.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Chiming in to agree with Deathmatch idea with rounds, best 3 out of 5. No respawn/rez.

Keeps things organized while still keeping the pace going, without changing the original vision of the map which is to wipe out the enemy team.

And maybe make the place a little bigger. It was a very cramped, albeit beautiful map. Was always a fan of this one but I understood why it was removed from rotation.

A more structured mechanic like this would make it a treat to play and set the framework for newer maps in this vein.

Personally I think the overall size of the map was perfect, however I think the map design on that particular map is atrocious. It was so cluttered with random crap that it felt smaller than it really was.

Yeah, I guess. I get the walls and everything, it’s to LoS your enemies and vice versa. That’s a good thing.

No I agree with having line of sight on maps, I’m saying that particular maps design is poor.

I mean I’ve seen worse but yeah, it could use some touching up. I like big maps and I cannot lie.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I want Grounch start slaping some faces , when ppl start moaning about :
a) ‘’why in a 5v1 scenario last remaining enemy player starts LoSing-kitting all over the map for 10 min , causing a draw’’
b) And in the case they ajgust it either by making the team with the most damage or players alives to win :
‘’why company nerfed it …. and now in a 4v3 scenario the 4 players are doing the kiting , while the 3 dont have a chance…’’
:P

Also make it rigged , so you have to choose this or between Coliseum and 2 other maps and show us the results after 3 months :P

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

No respawn. That would be all.

GW2 would have the better PvP by far, if only it had GW1’s game modes.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

Okay thank u for so much comments!:)

Im okay with all new modes

BUT: DONT MAKE IT CAPTURE THE FLAG LIKE ANY OTHER MAP !!!!!!!

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Would you want to see any changes to Courtyard before it came back? A new mechanic, perhaps?

i have a revolutionary idea: add 3 circles on the map and make people capture them to get points

Ignore this clown.

Simply remove the force spawns mechanic and give one team a small points/min bonus for holding mid.

Also, make more maps like moba map, but make optional ways to fix build bias, such as buffing archer minions.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Would you want to see any changes to Courtyard before it came back? A new mechanic, perhaps?

Capture the flag

^

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

CETheLucid.3964

I want Grounch start slaping some faces , when ppl start moaning about :
a) ‘’why in a 5v1 scenario last remaining enemy player starts LoSing-kitting all over the map for 10 min , causing a draw’’
b) And in the case they ajgust it either by making the team with the most damage or players alives to win :
‘’why company nerfed it …. and now in a 4v3 scenario the 4 players are doing the kiting , while the 3 dont have a chance…’’
:P

Also make it rigged , so you have to choose this or between Coliseum and 2 other maps and show us the results after 3 months :P

That’s why each round would last like 3-4 mins, team with the most members alive wins. And none of this “draw” business.

If both teams have an even number up it’s redone up to five times at which point if no one wins, everyone loses and the match counts as a defeat.

And yes, please slap them.

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

After the initial stealth-burst …

Attachments:

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

CETheLucid.3964

After the initial stealth-burst

Attachments:

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Sargatanas.5139

Sargatanas.5139

Yes please, 5v5 deathmatch, no respawns. Just like what Random Arena used to be back in GW. Man did I love random arenas..

For we are many, for we are legion.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

I did not like it but i +1 on this. At least in unranked having a bit of variety is a good thing . I can understand you can not have it in ranked becouse builds for a such map should be a little bit different from builds on conquest and so , if you get this map randomly the match is meaningless. But in unranked, imho , it is better to have more maps. If my build is not ok for that map … and i lose , in unranked, it is not a great problem. Unranked is for having fun

you can swap build before the match

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Syrius Gorn.5384

Syrius Gorn.5384

bring back Courtyard ? really ? no no, plz no.

ranked will be solo/duo normally competitive ^^ so no Courtyard !

unranked will be for premade so plz no Courtyard ! how people can be competitive if you put this kind of map ?

Just let this map in Hotjoin and custom arena it’s enough.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Toasa.1236

bring back Courtyard ? really ? no no, plz no.

ranked will be solo/duo normally competitive ^^ so no Courtyard !

unranked will be for premade so plz no Courtyard ! how people can be competitive if you put this kind of map ?

Just let this map in Hotjoin and custom arena it’s enough.

Why u say this?
I agree to not put it in ranked but in untranked ist the best Thing ever!

not everyone likes Point capture System and thats why really much ppl dont Play pvp.

This map makes pvp more attractive.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Just including my voice to the choir. Bring back Courtyard! And make some new maps for Deathmatch too!

Then add a separate choice for it just like we have for Stronghold!

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

(edited by Yannir.4132)

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Tweak the map a little and just make it a 1v1 queue where to mess around

M I L K B O I S

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Syrius Gorn.5384

@Toasa, i said this because with s5 in pvp, premade can play only in unranked, so it’s already a joke, but if you add this map… it’s just the end of premade, and the end of the possibility to play competitives games in premade.

So after they have to change the WTS and make it solo with random placement in teams. god no plz, they killed premade now you want to kill unranked.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Toasa.1236

@Toasa, i said this because with s5 in pvp, premade can play only in unranked, so it’s already a joke, but if you add this map… it’s just the end of premade, and the end of the possibility to play competitives games in premade.

So after they have to change the WTS and make it solo with random placement in teams. god no plz, they killed premade now you want to kill unranked.

destroyed:D? ist only 1 map mate, and mabye anet can add more tdm maps and make a tick like stronghold, so u can choose if u want this mode?

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Syrius Gorn.5384

if they do this ok, a separate Q, but not in unranked when it’s the only way to play in premade.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

The most important point is a separate queue like stronghold.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

the biggest issue team death match suffered from was the spawn killing if one team managed to get a moment of domination they could just push the spawn due to the map size and spawn kill for rest of match.

we need a death match with 4 teams of 3. more teams equals more unpredictable outcomes, the maps should each have a unique powerful weapon bundle pickup that spawns in the map centre that teams can fight over.

don’t bring team death match back unless it, getting a massive overall, if it gets brought back half baked at least put it on its own tick box like stronghold.

Death Good

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

TDM
3 rounds
Time limit of 5m
Lowest average health team loses the round after time expires

Exactly this, and remove respawn, but keep downstate.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

My own suggestions for courtyard:

Remove the side paths from the map, narrow it to just the actual courtyard. My reasoning here is that this map, and the deathmatch game type, should be all about getting in there asap and blowing people up, obstructions like the ones that exist in the middle are important to have but the very long, curved walls just take away from the action. Those bridges aren’t terribly fun to work around either. Navigating terrain shouldn’t be an issue for this particular game type.

EDIT: The actual arena’s size should be about 1200-1500 range units so that nobody can try hide out of range.

After removing the side paths, move the spawn locations up to where after respawn, you are instantly back into the action, hopefully this will lead to fewer teams rolling out 1 at the time and feeding the win to the other team who is camping their own spawn point.

Respawns should happen in waves for this game type. Again to try to help those of us who get “that team of noobs” who roll out single file.

The respawn timer for this should also be rather short compared to conquest. The timer is there to punish the team of the guy who died, but in practice, most times the dead guy is just going to run back out and get himself focused and killed exactly the same way again immediately anyway.

For flavor, ALL cooldowns should be cleared when respawning. My theory on this is that it should increase the carnage and speed up the game progress. (Need moar DEATH).

(edited by Inimicus.7162)

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

TDM
3 rounds
Time limit of 5m

Lowest sum of health*

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Do to Team Deathmatch what you did for Stronghold – have a check for whether you want to queue for it or not.

That’s the best start you can do.

My suggestion would be to make it akin to the Priest Deathmatch of GW1: players respawn until a homebase NPC is killed. Win conditions:

• Kill enemy homebase NPC then wipe out enemy players
  • Reach 500 points via kills only
  • Time Out win condition: highest NPC health (major bonus to points) + number of kills.

And I would make this the base set up for all Team Deathmatch maps in the future. We have enough Conquest maps, we need more of other game format maps.

Maps, when more are made, can have variances such as:

• Boons like from Temple of the Silent Storm
  • NPCs guarding the main one
  • Central cap point that triggers an environmental trap on the other team
  • Capture the Flag (grab a bundle in the middle of the room then run it back to your homebase NPC for bonus points)
  • A nigh invulnerable NPC wandering the map that could easily slaughter solo players (only for the bigger maps) – would add an obstacle to avoid, rather than additional target like Forest of Niflhel’s npcs.

TDM
3 rounds
Time limit of 5m

Problem with your suggestion: Folks can just slap on vitality primary gear and have an innate advantage over those who don’t.

The way to fix this would be to just count % of health instead.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: nihavel.6592

nihavel.6592

Just split maps in new pvp game mode (maybe with AP, title, for every mode):
- DeathMatch
- Conquest
- Stronghold
-Any other if you’ll add some more

I think Courtyard was fun ‘cause was mindless, i hope you’ll add more arena like that.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

I’d like this if -
1) It got it’s own mode/checkboxes like Stronghold and Conquest. If you are not interested in it (either period or just that day) you should not be forced into it.
2) Unranked only. It is not balanced for ranked, but is good to skirmish test builds and for dailies.
3) As suggested, no infinite respawns. Team wipe, resets both teams at spawn, best of 3 rounds. 5 minute limit on the 3 rounds, so you can’t just stall forever.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’d like to see courtyard available for hotjoin.

And nowhere else.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Yes, make it a best 2 out of 3 type of match. Once a team dies the game resets, repeat until one of the teams wins 2 matches. When the game is won the winning team gets the option to stay and go onto the next game. (Sounds familiar?).

What I’m saying is I want RA and TA to be introduced to GW2, in the same way it existed in GW1. (Maybe allow people to join 1v1s, 2v2s, up to 5v5s.).

RA and TA plz, Conquest is holding back GW2’s PvP scene.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Rainiris.1975

Rainiris.1975

Wider outer area. Repositioning of team bases to reflect this change.

Players of a team spawning spread out instead of together in the same spot, to raise individual skill participation.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

Courtyard is perfectly fine.

The problem is that Courtyard is a Team Deathmatch map with Kill Count rules that has been put together with Conquest maps in the same queue.

It is not a Conquest map, and it cannot be in the Conquest list. It must be filtered separately like Stronghold.

And since people will stack more in this mode, and we have several balance problems involving builds that work too well when players just stack and spam stuff almost mindlessly, it can’t be put on ranked until that’s fixed. But in unranked it’s not only welcomed, it’s needed.

More Team Deathmatch and Stronghold maps would also be nice, with their own unique map design or map mechanical quirks. But Courtyard is fine at it is.

It doesn’t need map mechanics, it doesn’t need redesigns, It needs its own separate queue filter like stronghold. That’s all.

This.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Do to Team Deathmatch what you did for Stronghold – have a check for whether you want to queue for it or not.

That’s the best start you can do.

My suggestion would be to make it akin to the Priest Deathmatch of GW1: players respawn until a homebase NPC is killed. Win conditions:

• Kill enemy homebase NPC then wipe out enemy players
  • Reach 500 points via kills only
  • Time Out win condition: highest NPC health (major bonus to points) + number of kills.

And I would make this the base set up for all Team Deathmatch maps in the future. We have enough Conquest maps, we need more of other game format maps.

Maps, when more are made, can have variances such as:

• Boons like from Temple of the Silent Storm
  • NPCs guarding the main one
  • Central cap point that triggers an environmental trap on the other team
  • Capture the Flag (grab a bundle in the middle of the room then run it back to your homebase NPC for bonus points)
  • A nigh invulnerable NPC wandering the map that could easily slaughter solo players (only for the bigger maps) – would add an obstacle to avoid, rather than additional target like Forest of Niflhel’s npcs.

TDM
3 rounds
Time limit of 5m

Problem with your suggestion: Folks can just slap on vitality primary gear and have an innate advantage over those who don’t.

The way to fix this would be to just count % of health instead.

How is this different from Stronghold aside from the spawnable adds?

Another thing, killer NPC’s won’t happen. This is for the exact same reasons as the possibility of fall deaths was removed from Skyhammer. It makes knockbacks and other CC far too powerful. For example, I would always play hammerguard in a map such as that simple because of Banish. I would just shoot ppl to the path of that thing.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

What if every player spawned in a different spot? 10 spawn points around the map would keep the zerg in check. Maybe there are stat buffs like in Colosseum including something that would cause reveal for like 20 sec or something. The devs could get creative with the different buffs available in a battle only game mode. The key is to create something else in the match to focus attention. And make it so that ignoring the secondary mechanic will give the opponent an advantage.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Toasa.1236

What if every player spawned in a different spot? 10 spawn points around the map would keep the zerg in check. Maybe there are stat buffs like in Colosseum including something that would cause reveal for like 20 sec or something. The devs could get creative with the different buffs available in a battle only game mode. The key is to create something else in the match to focus attention. And make it so that ignoring the secondary mechanic will give the opponent an advantage.

+1 on this

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You could give it a point bleed. Points only bleed when the opposing team has one less enemy than they do, and increases the more enemies are despawned. Cap match duration to 10 minutes. Team with most points at end, or first to bleed the other dry, wins.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

No please no. GW2 is sorely lacking a PvP mode with no secondary objectives. If this comes back it would be best to be just a pure fight, no secondary objectives, no mechanics, nothing but fighting the other team

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Make it bigger – not much – just as much that the graphics don’t suffer from scaling up

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Courtyard is perfectly fine.

The problem is that Courtyard is a Team Deathmatch map with Kill Count rules that has been put together with Conquest maps in the same queue.

It is not a Conquest map, and it cannot be in the Conquest list. It must be filtered separately like Stronghold.

And since people will stack more in this mode, and we have several balance problems involving builds that work too well when players just stack and spam stuff almost mindlessly, it can’t be put on ranked until that’s fixed. But in unranked it’s not only welcomed, it’s needed.

More Team Deathmatch and Stronghold maps would also be nice, with their own unique map design or map mechanical quirks. But Courtyard is fine at it is.

It doesn’t need map mechanics, it doesn’t need redesigns, It needs its own separate queue filter like stronghold. That’s all.

This.

This!

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I think Courtyard would be a huge mistake. After all, a major reason population is low is massive stomps. Courtyard promotes just that.

No, please… It’s dead, let it lie.

Mesmerising Girl

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I think Courtyard would be a huge mistake. After all, a major reason population is low is massive stomps. Courtyard promotes just that.

sometimes you seem like you think things thru, sometimes you jump to conclusions like a wild person. this is the latter

major reason pvp pop is low is partially unbalanced fights and blow outs, another huge part is boredom. i’m bored crazy when i try to pvp these days. after 2 or 3 matches i think, this isn’t fun, i could be playing X instead, i just spent at least 30-45 mins, and i don’t feel like it was worth it

a part of why the imbalance and blow outs turns people away from gw2 pvp is the length of the fights too. after 1 encounter, and looking at the map and seeing how my team is responding, i can 9/10 times tell if its a loss. but even if its a loss i have to stay in this match for at least 5-10 minutes more, it makes you hate yourself and the game.

if some of these suggestions are actually put together, where its best 2 of 3 rounds, or just 1 round no respawn. at least the match is over < 5 mins. at least we can get another round going. i just wanted to pvp. can’t we just fight, win, fight, lose, fight, fight fight.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Courtyard had two big issues.

The first and biggest issue, imo, was:
1) Pre-mades. In a pure 5v5 (sort of stuff that you see in wvw and GvGs), being organized is everything. Fighting a pug team with a pre-made in a 5v5 can’t have any other outcome than a pure roflstomp 95% of the time because the pre-made will be very coordinated and will have proper builds for the fight, ressing, focusing targets, healing, backing out and regrouping. A pug team doesn’t stand a chance against that, especially when they’re inexperienced as to how 5v5s work. Making it so courtyard is either only soloQ or duoQ could fix this issue.

2) People’s mentality. From my experience, people were unwilling to change their profession or build in courtyard and used conquest-type builds instead. For example, back when courtyard was a thing, if you had 2-3 shout heavies (shout guard or warrior), you could roflstomp the enemy team because of massive AoE condi clears from shouts, might stacking, stability, protection and AoE retal… and yet no one utilized that. Sure, not everyone can play everything so you can’t expect EVERYONE to change their profession, but you can at least change your build… and I found that people were most often just clueless because a pure 5v5 is very different than conquest so people didn’t even know what to do or how it works or what works.

I think I saw someone say this, but if in courtyard there was no health regeneration when you get out of combat, it might make it so that the enemy team can’t get back to full health by the time you respawn if they kill you. This would make it so they are rarely full health. They would have to spend a large amount of time and cooldowns to heal themselves and are thus easier to kill when you respawn. Maybe?

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

R O C.6574

I think if it is a checkbox you could just, I don’t know, uncheck the box if you don’t want to play with the big kids. A lot of people liked courtyard, so why should they suffer because you don’t like it?

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

R O C.6574

No please no. GW2 is sorely lacking a PvP mode with no secondary objectives. If this comes back it would be best to be just a pure fight, no secondary objectives, no mechanics, nothing but fighting the other team

I think a secondary objective (read buffs) is necessary to split focus and discourage zerging. If you want pure and unaltered combat, maybe they should have 1v1, 2v2 & 5v5. 1v1 & 2v2 would have no buffs, but the 5v5 still needs a secondary mechanic imo.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I think if it is a checkbox you could just, I don’t know, uncheck the box if you don’t want to play with the big kids. A lot of people liked courtyard, so why should they suffer because you don’t like it?

The “big kids?” You imply that somehow Courtyard was a more advanced form of play.

I absolutely don’t agree. That is born out by the fact that ANET removed it from the queue. Not even Spiritwatch, the other primarily team fight map suffered that fate, (though the orbs were nerfed to tone down the constant mid fight.)

Death match is video game style, all about reaction speed. More than anything else, I see that it’s an opportunity to take advantage of other players.

Real pleasure comes from winning by skill in a hard fought match. The pleasure of cheesing is a pale shadow by comparison.

As for a checkbox, I’m all for it with some provisos. The map should never be in ranked or seasonal play. It should be absolutely opt-in. I genuinely hate that map and have no desire whatever to go back there.

I don’t want my fun ruined by this map.

Mesmerising Girl

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

It needs visual rework. Problem with it – too cluttered → can’t see crap. Too much favoritism for aoe spammers as well.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Stomps aren’t the reason population is low. Population is low because the development/balance cycles are way too slow.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

sometimes you seem like you think things thru, sometimes you jump to conclusions like a wild person. this is the latter

major reason pvp pop is low is partially unbalanced fights and blow outs, another huge part is boredom. i’m bored crazy when i try to pvp these days. after 2 or 3 matches i think, this isn’t fun, i could be playing X instead, i just spent at least 30-45 mins, and i don’t feel like it was worth it

a part of why the imbalance and blow outs turns people away from gw2 pvp is the length of the fights too. after 1 encounter, and looking at the map and seeing how my team is responding, i can 9/10 times tell if its a loss. but even if its a loss i have to stay in this match for at least 5-10 minutes more, it makes you hate yourself and the game.

if some of these suggestions are actually put together, where its best 2 of 3 rounds, or just 1 round no respawn. at least the match is over < 5 mins. at least we can get another round going. i just wanted to pvp. can’t we just fight, win, fight, lose, fight, fight fight.

also pvp feels unrewarding. only good thing is ascended drops and those are the rarest thing in the game (as it should be)

im bad at sarcasm

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yeah! Bring Courtyard back!

PvP is desperately overdue for a change. Four years of conquest makes PvP beyond stale. Courtyard and TDM was simple and fun. It’s pure combat at its finest. Stronghold just failed and never even took off.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Courtyard map isn’t bad, but its not fit for the 5v5 deathmatch as initially implemented. I am not sure which of the following would work (needs testing), but some combination would make the map very fun:

- 3v3
- 5v5 annihilation: 5 rounds of 5 minutes tops, no respawn each round, winner of tie during a round is one with most dps.
- 5v5, but with wave respawns (every 20s) like in original pvp.
- Some central objective, like a huge capture point that encompasses most of the middle (including some LOS) to focus the fight and so people can’t just hide in stealth. Capping the point just counts the same as 1 kill on the scoreboard and resets the point to neutral.

Bring back Countryard!!!

in PvP

Toasa.1236

Courtyard map isn’t bad, but its not fit for the 5v5 deathmatch as initially implemented. I am not sure which of the following would work (needs testing), but some combination would make the map very fun:

- 3v3
- 5v5 annihilation: 5 rounds of 5 minutes tops, no respawn each round, winner of tie during a round is one with most dps.
- 5v5, but with wave respawns (every 20s) like in original pvp.
- Some central objective, like a huge capture point that encompasses most of the middle (including some LOS) to focus the fight and so people can’t just hide in stealth. Capping the point just counts the same as 1 kill on the scoreboard and resets the point to neutral.

3v3 is a good Point!!