Bristleback dmg output

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Bristleback dmg is simply insane.Why on earth anyone thought its normal?Pet is dealing over 10k dmg “had 1.5 crits,over 800 noncrits x 15….”.And as cherry on top,turret engie era didnt teached a bit,so super tankie druids are runing these.Pls,be so kind and look into it,thanks a lot.

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Yes, Druid new pets are broken! They do insane dmg very fast, what would happen if a druid decides that runs a marauder/bersereker amulet, the kitten animal would one bit you?

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

there is no full balance patch jet!
i hope it gonna include:
BBack f2: duration is half’d→ dmg is half + does not require 2 evades to negate
SScale Smoke assault: hope they handle this like Unrelenting Assault

even thisway they gonna be broken.
BBack’s projectiles are homing missles this mean you can’t range sidestep them, not to mention they hit 1k dmg on marauder specs.
SScale knockdown animation is too fast && is unblockable if i remember correct.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

Nope otto,pets have their own stats,that why a tankie druid can might stack the pet so it eats u alive.That why i did the turret engie comparison.And specificaly bristleback,which is almost unseenable “the attack” with low CD and insane dmg.

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

i hope it gonna include:
BBack f2: duration is half’d-> dmg is half + does not require 2 evades to negate

BBack’s projectiles are homing missles this mean you can’t range sidestep them, not to mention they hit 1k dmg on marauder specs.

What full balance patch,the pet is out for some time,dont tell me noone noticed this.Why is everything taking such a kitten long time to fix,unless it was intended to one shot peeps with pets on tankie druids for the sake of “funn”

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Love how once pets become an actual threat, people start demanding nerfs, when the perks of being a Ranger is having the +1 advantage through their pet; people are just too used to seeing the pet as no threat at all.

BBack f2: duration is half’d-> dmg is half + does not require 2 evades to negate

I do agree that the damage for the Bristleback’s F2 needs to be reduced, not because of its raw damage, but because the F2 is bugged to hit 20 times instead of its intended 15 times. If Anet actually did some bug fixes for Ranger, the F2 would have its damage reduced by 25%. Reducing it by 50% would be too excessive due to how squishy the pet is, since that is what Ranger’s have been asking for, a glass cannon ranged pet. Main reason why it does so much damage in the amount of time it does is because when the Ranger swaps their pet (while traited for Beast Mastery) it applies quickness and might to you and your pet, so Rangers will copy their boons with We Heal As One to maximize the damage it will do in that instant.

They have already looked at this, a while ago. The number of hits it does was also reduced from 7 to 5 total hits, as well as nerfing the overall damage by 70% from its original form. Other than the Smoke Assault, the Smokescale has the same stats as bears, so they do very little damage outside of the Smoke Assault when it has no might.

So, your saying that all projectile attacks shouldn’t home when casted onto a target? Better nerf it to all classes then; warrior rifle/longbow, engi pistol/rifle, thief shortbow/pistol, etc. I’m sorry, but that is the point of it being a ranged pet, attack from ranged.
The knockdown animation is the same as to any canine pet, so no reason to increase the animation speed since you’re not paying attention to the pet, because you’re not used to pets being an actual threat. The knockdown is unblockable, but that is another plus to the pet that Anet made to it.

Before HoT pets were introduced, people always ignored pets since the only purpose they served before was CC and utility. Bristleback and Smokescale are actually functional compared to their core counterparts, which is why they pose a threat. If anything, core pets should be brought up to par with HoT pets because that is what they are meant to originally supposed to do, give the Ranger an edge with their proffesion mechanic by maintaining a prescence in two places at once.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It is easy to avoid the F2 skill, it feels like it misses 80% of the time unless you catch the enemy off guard. But maybe that only in diamond+?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

Reducing the dmg by 25% would come down from 1.5k on crit to 1.2k per crit for attack which has 15 shots.That is really balanced….Even if it was on 1min CD,it would still one shot peeps,and its not like the pet is siting idly while it doesnt perform special attack.Taking down the pet?I was trying few matches i met these bunker druid abomination to kill it,on my zerker necro,i couldnt get past 70% hp of it.Not that a druid cant swap pet or heal it,buff it.So the poor argument of “squishie” pet is again just a myth.And no,other pets could be dangerous,by mean of a pet,i had some 6k knocks on wolf and i thought the dmg is insane,but this is just total out of sanity.We talking about 10-20k dmg from a pet,which has autonome stats and can be easily might stacked all on 12s CD!!You wont see it coming,your hp just suddenly drops from nowhere.

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

All it does is burst damage. It has nothing else going for it. But that’s too much isn’t – it? It has to be good at nothing like the rest of the pets in the game.

… I still want tengu.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

DoogySnowStalker.2069

It is easy to avoid the F2 skill, it feels like it misses 80% of the time unless you catch the enemy off guard. But maybe that only in diamond+?

It is easy to dodge, since Bristleback is only ranged, any obstacle between you and the Bristleback will cause it to be obstructed. But why should I have to worry about he pet in the first place? Nerf it!
/sarcasm

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If anything, core pets should be brought up to par with HoT pets because that is what they are meant to originally supposed to do, give the Ranger an edge with their proffesion mechanic by maintaining a prescence in two places at once.

Yep. So many of the core pets just don’t do anything at all. The meta was basically “dogs and… uhhh?…”

Looking at you, drakes and moas. Learn to turn around when you breathe.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Nobody is against an effective pet, but these pets are too strong. Scale down the damage and increase utility. Let smoke have an F2 that destroys projectiles like swirling winds. Have bristle shoot out crippling spikes as a pbaoe. Then decrease the F1 damage.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

So saying 10-20k dmg from a pet range special attack is ok,cause u felt your previous pets were dealing only 4-5k.The problem with classic pets werent the dmg but the inability to deal dmg.They missed a lot,and only KDs on pet swap like dogs were reliable.I had some great dmg,if i managed to CC my enemies.If the pets are dealing 90% of rangers dmg,we can asume something aint right “talking about tank druids”.But the dmg is simply insane on any ranger,being squishie aint a excuse for such OP dmg from a PET.

OTAN guild,WSR server

(edited by KaporHabakuk.6219)

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

DoogySnowStalker.2069

I was trying few matches i met these bunker druid abomination to kill it,on my zerker necro,i couldnt get past 70% hp of it.Not that a druid cant swap pet or heal it,buff it.So the poor argument of “squishie” pet is again just a myth.

You weren’t able to kill a bristleback in PvP with zerker necro. Wow, I am absolutely astonished. Bristlebacks only have 16k Hp. If you couldn’t kill it with zerker, you either weren’t acrtually cleaving it out, or you’re actually just bad.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

If druid is op nerf mesmer anet logic i mentioned this before they butchered mesmer.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

Doogy,u might try it,and than talk about it.Nope,i didnt get past its 70-80% of hp,that the druid was throwing heals and boons might affect pets survivability,but who am i to talk about that,right.Anyway,so if this is the only argument for having such high dmg output,we should rise every1 dmg.Zerk guard got what,like 12k hp?It definately should hit with true shot for at least 30k,cause u know,12k hp….

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Nobody is against an effective pet, but these pets are too strong. Scale down the damage and increase utility. Let smoke have an F2 that destroys projectiles like swirling winds. Have bristle shoot out crippling spikes as a pbaoe. Then decrease the F1 damage.

Smokescale already has good utility, the smokefield for stealth. When Anet decided to swap the F2 for Smokescale, Rangers fought for the skills to be swapped back because we valued the original F2 over the Smoke Assault. The F2 for bristleback is fine as it is, doesn’t need to changed to something as useless as aoe cripple when the design of the pet is meant to be a glass cannon. As I said above, the F2 should be bug fixed, thus reducing the F2 damage by 25%.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

If druid is op nerf mesmer anet logic i mentioned this before they butchered mesmer.

Didnt said druid is op,just saying one specific pet dmg output is insane high,that all.

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Doogy,u might try it,and than talk about it.

I have, I’ve queued from Amber to Legendary. Each fight that I fought another Druid, I would make sure to cleave out the bristleback to force the longer pet swap cooldown and reduce the overall damage from the other Druid, since the only real source of damage is coming from the pet itself.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

let’s take a look at other high dmg pets

closest other pet with burst dmg f2 is river drake that does 700 non-crit (/w same build), hits 8 times and does not auto home on target. 32s cd.

then we have birds, birds were nerfed back in the old forgotten days of beastmastery too stronk and had their 4s cd f2 changed from 2,2k dmg to 1,1k

800×15 / 16 = 750 dps
2200 / 4 = 550 dps

i dont see why the balance team would say “dis is ok” to a burst skill that not only is 4 times better than the closest competitor (river drake with half dmg and twice cooldown) but also does more dps than a sustained dmg skill that was nerfed because reportedly too strong.

as i said this is not balance team area, this is marketing team area

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Extreme.8350

Didnt said druid is op,just saying one specific pet dmg output is insane high,that all.

Druid is op too. Before the patch no mesmer build could kill a druid bunker.
now its even weaker.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Druid needs a sustain nerf and a nerf on some of the pets.

It’s already not fun fighting one and the only reason you don’t see more is because of how broken mesmer is currently. Once bunker mesmer is gone, you’ll see every team using druid.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Extreme.8350

Druid needs a sustain nerf and a nerf on some of the pets.

It’s already not fun fighting one and the only reason you don’t see more is because of how broken mesmer is currently. Once bunker mesmer is gone, you’ll see every team using druid.

Or mesmer need their alacrity and stuff back so we can actually deal with them

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

Doogy,u might try it,and than talk about it.

I have, I’ve queued from Amber to Legendary. Each fight that I fought another Druid, I would make sure to cleave out the bristleback to force the longer pet swap cooldown and reduce the overall damage from the other Druid, since the only real source of damage is coming from the pet itself.

Than i guess your dmg output must be insane too,i had 20might stack +/- and couldnt kill it in RS,heck i didnt even get past 70-80% of its hp,thanks to druid droping heals on point where the pet was “guess he just swaped”.Pet chewed my RS than my hp,and i had to run for cover.

So you wouldnt mind if for example a turret engie,would drop a rocket turret “which he could heal and buff” and this would be dealing 10-20k rockets to you?Or a minionmancer with golem hiting u for 10-20k on 12s CD again healable?Its just ridiculous,aint that hard to admit.Legendary or not,look at simple facts.Dmg output from a pets special…. .

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

DoogySnowStalker.2069

now its even weaker.

Shatter Mesmer actually had a chance against Druids, but Mesmer isn’t really the ideal person to kill a Druid. Druids excel in 1v1ing and that is it really. They are weak to conditions and being focused down, so team fights weren’t the best spot for them.
That is the main reason why mesmers were nerfed, because they had few weaknesses compared to Druid.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Extreme.8350

now its even weaker.

Shatter Mesmer actually had a chance against Druids, but Mesmer isn’t really the ideal person to kill a Druid. Druids excel in 1v1ing and that is it really. They are weak to conditions and being focused down, so team fights weren’t the best spot for them.
That is the main reason why mesmers were nerfed, because they had few weaknesses compared to Druid.

I quit pvp anyway i check back from time to see if mesmer is useful again.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

now its even weaker.

than you just missed your chance to play bunker chrono

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Than i guess your dmg output must be insane too,i had 20might stack +/- and couldnt kill it in RS,heck i didnt even get past 70-80% of its hp,thanks to druid droping heals on point where the pet was “guess he just swaped”.Pet chewed my RS than my hp,and i had to run for cover.

So you wouldnt mind if for example a turret engie,would drop a rocket turret “which he could heal and buff” and this would be dealing 10-20k rockets to you?Or a minionmancer with golem hiting u for 10-20k on 12s CD again healable?Its just ridiculous,aint that hard to admit.Legendary or not,look at simple facts.Dmg output from a pets special…. .

And I am in agreement that the damage should be toned down, but the proposed changes in this thread is what I can not agree with. Bristleback is the only real source of burst Ranger has, so nerfing it to an extreme is what I am trying to not let happen.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Extreme.8350

now its even weaker.

than you just missed your chance to play bunker chrono

no. I am champion Illusionist i played bunker even when it wasen’t meta.
But its boring so i prefer subpar shatter.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The pet is strong but i’m not for nerfing it. I just want to know when the heck i’m receiving that 8k dmg attack by the pet… it’s like a P90 silencer. Add warning labels pls.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

I’m all for nerfing those two, but I also wish that people take a look at vanilla pets. When’s the last time non-wolf pets are taken in PvP?

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

Problem with vanila pets wasnt the dmg,but the horrible reliability of hiting any1.New pets if they would have such a succes chance like vanila pets,you would seen much more drakes and wolfs out there,cause the pets would be just aimlessly runing behind target,missing everything unless u would manage to CC target for long enough.I used to run spider in pvp,cause i needed pet alive for condie cleansing,i dont even remmember if it ever hit any1 with the rooting special.Only pet which u could count on,was wolf and the rooting dog,erm,forgot the name and even those just on pet swaps,else you might miss the fear/root on right spot.

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Dodge it, use terrain, los.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Yes, Druid new pets are broken! They do insane dmg very fast, what would happen if a druid decides that runs a marauder/bersereker amulet, the kitten animal would one bit you?

They are Ranger Pets and have zero benefit from the Ranger’s stats.

*apart from allied healing or Boon duration

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Tman.6349

i hope it gonna include:

They don’t hit ‘1k on marauder specs’. They hit hard on Beastmastery/boonshare specs.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Koru.8574

Koru.8574

Bristleback dmg is simply insane.Why on earth anyone thought its normal?Pet is dealing over 10k dmg “had 1.5 crits,over 800 noncrits x 15….”.And as cherry on top,turret engie era didnt teached a bit,so super tankie druids are runing these.Pls,be so kind and look into it,thanks a lot.

lol this is a major l2p issue…there r reflects blocks ..weakness? dodgedip?duckdive….dodge???

did u stand still n say oooo shower me wit ur spikes ol bristleback

l2p before u post

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Tman.6349

i hope it gonna include:

What full balance patch,the pet is out for some time,dont tell me noone noticed this.Why is everything taking such a kitten long time to fix,unless it was intended to one shot peeps with pets on tankie druids for the sake of “funn”

This brings up a VERY interesting idea suddenly. Since pets are considered ‘30% of Ranger’s output’, what if each family of pet received it’s stats based on a co-efficient of the Ranger’s current stats?

*granted this would have the opportunity to be broken as all hell, I still think it’s interesting

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This brings up a VERY interesting idea suddenly. Since pets are considered ‘30% of Ranger’s output’, what if each family of pet received it’s stats based on a co-efficient of the Ranger’s current stats?

*granted this would have the opportunity to be broken as all hell, I still think it’s interesting

Personally I much prefer that they remain as they are. It offers more build options.

Frankly they should just buff the pets that aren’t cutting it, knock down the overpowered pets a bit (whether Bristleback and Smokescale are op is up for debate).

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Tman.6349

I was trying few matches i met these bunker druid abomination to kill it,on my zerker necro,i couldnt get past 70% hp of it.Not that a druid cant swap pet or heal it,buff it.So the poor argument of “squishie” pet is again just a myth.

You weren’t able to kill a bristleback in PvP with zerker necro. Wow, I am absolutely astonished. Bristlebacks only have 16k Hp. If you couldn’t kill it with zerker, you either weren’t acrtually cleaving it out, or you’re actually just bad.

Zerker Necro staff AAs are not as strong as we thought! :/

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

It is easy to dodge, since Bristleback is only ranged, any obstacle between you and the Bristleback will cause it to be obstructed. But why should I have to worry about he pet in the first place? Nerf it!
/sarcasm

Most of the time it happens after instant CC from glyph followed by roots to immobilize (the trait). So yeah. And when you manage to reflect the bristleback special attack, it only deals 60 to 150 damage to it.

Alerie Despins

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

lol this is a major l2p issue…there r reflects blocks ..weakness? dodgedip?duckdive….dodge???

did u stand still n say oooo shower me wit ur spikes ol bristleback

l2p before u post

This is ridiculous,u even think about what u writing,cause in this case,anything would be ok.30k trueshot,cause u know,l2p dude,u can dodge/reflect/blah blah.But a good try….

OTAN guild,WSR server

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

KaporHabakuk.6219

Zerker Necro staff AAs are not as strong as we thought! :/

Am happy u missed the “i was with 20 +/- might stacks” part and “in RS” part,anyway,offtopic material,focus on bristleback dmg output,thanks.
EDIT: sorry my bad,forgot to explain,RS means reapershroud,you dont AA with staff in reaper shroud.

OTAN guild,WSR server

(edited by KaporHabakuk.6219)

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Interrupt it.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

bristleback command skill can 100-0 a heavy golem

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

This seems like a pretty minor issue in this meta, so i don’t see why anet should waste time on nerfing something that only kills people who aren’t paying attention.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: garm.6275

garm.6275

If u die to ranger pet, u have serious gameplay issues… It’s almost worst ai in the game, only cliffs are worse…. Please learn to move my dear beginners

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

So, your saying that all projectile attacks shouldn’t home when casted onto a target? Better nerf it to all classes then; (…) thief shortbow/pistol, etc.

:’(

You do know that the shortbow autoattack used to track targets but was nerfed to stop doing it quite a long time ago? And since that day, nobody ever used the shortbow for anything else than the #5!

Also I don’t think any of the pistol shots track targets.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Unload tracks like rapid fire.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I’m pretty sure Rapid Fire and Unload are straight light non tracking projectiles.

Bristleback dmg output

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

The bullets themselves, sure, but your toon tracks.