"Chilled to the Bone!" is so OP

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I’ve sat silent on this for too long. This skill is breaking pvp. It does too much. It’s a hard hitting aoe that chills and bleeds. Plus they use it in teamfights and stun everyone for 2 seconds and get 10 stacks of 10 seconds of stability, allowing them to mow over the whole team in reaper shroud, decimating their opponents.

And you can trait it to siphon life and reduce the cd to like 58 seconds. This is unacceptable! This absolutely needs to be nerfed for the good of the game. I’m seeing 2-3 necros on a team just /laugh at opponents that melt without being able to do anything. Everyone knows this skill is broken, which is why necros are the first to be targeted in team fights.

Anet please:
1. Increase cd to like 180 seconds at least

2. Reduce the stun time to 1 second and stability to 1 stack of 4 seconds for each target.

Or

3. Cut damage in half and radius to 240.

Thank you

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I seldom land this skill. Know why? People can file their taxes and run a marathon before it finishes casting. It has a big tell and has a long cast time. The Times I DO land it… Yes, the fight swings in my team’s favor, but if it does land… It’s kind of deserved.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Dear OP, git gud.

THE MAIN REASON CTTB IS BROKEN, IS BECAUSE ITS 100hp lifesteal CAN THEN BE COMBOED INTO A 200hp lifesteal gravedigger.

You need to balance from top, new players can always get better, but top legendarys cant do anything about this.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

I seldom land this skill. Know why? People can file their taxes and run a marathon before it finishes casting. It has a big tell and has a long cast time. The Times I DO land it… Yes, the fight swings in my team’s favor, but if it does land… It’s kind of deserved.

I tried reaper, and I was able to land it no problem. Same cast time as chaotic release with less of a tell.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Exactly this.

It’s like, one of the easiest skills to avoid. Ever.
Dodge it, interrupt it, distort it, whut evs…

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

I tried reaper, and I was able to land it no problem. Same cast time as chaotic release with less of a tell.

Pretty much means your opponents were blindfolded.
Or they were to busy sipping on a coffee.

Obviously.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukas.7159

Lukas.7159

well to be fair in a teamfights its all pure clusterkitten and you can barely see ANY animation

in a 1-1 its something else, its easily dodgeable, no doubt, BUT in a teamfight its a really great skill

StereoElectro & Dance On M D M A

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

This skill is pretty insane, when the stars align.

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

You guys are all deluding yourselves if you think this skill is acceptable. Typical necrofancers.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Dear OP, git gud.

THE MAIN REASON CTTB IS BROKEN, IS BECAUSE ITS 100hp lifesteal CAN THEN BE COMBOED INTO A 200hp lifesteal gravedigger.

You need to balance from top, new players can always get better, but top legendarys cant do anything about this.

No respectable necro uses GS in pvp. That’s just silly.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You guys are all deluding yourselves if you think this skill is acceptable. Typical necrofancers.

I don’t get the issue, is it because Necro has a stun or because Necro has stability?
Or is it OP for other reasons?

I play Nec quite a bit so yes I’m a “Necrofancer” but in saying that, the amount of times my own Plague Signet blinded myself during Chilled to The Bone cast time is ridiculous, ontop of invul/blocks, it can be somewhat hard to land properly.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Dear OP, git gud.

No respectable necro uses GS in pvp. That’s just silly.

made it to plat using one.

also im thinking op is just doing this in response to lordrosickys nerf everything but necro posts.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

Your joking right, you seem to play 3 of the most OP classes in PvP and your QQing about a necro ELITE skill, yet you mention nothing about the instant trap spam pull push guard, the perma invis 3 hit kills thief, with more evades than any class, and the invinci warrior, that can neglect condis, do daze for days, and has massive burst damage,

But yes the necro Elite skill is OP

GG.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skull_Grinder
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vault

Theres a good example of OP.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

The fix to chill to the bone is a bonfire at the spawn point, so the player can rest near the warming.. flame.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

To be clear, I don’t agree with the OP. Yet, if you can’t land this skill that is entirely on you. Just like other skills with long cast times, people are just generally terrible at this game and don’t use abilities to their max potential. I don’t see how people miss this.

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

Your joking right, you seem to play 3 of the most OP classes in PvP and your QQing about a necro ELITE skill, yet you mention nothing about the instant trap spam pull push guard, the perma invis 3 hit kills thief, with more evades than any class, and the invinci warrior, that can neglect condis, do daze for days, and has massive burst damage,

But yes the necro Elite skill is OP

GG.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skull_Grinder
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vault

Theres a good example of OP.

Actually, in ranked I only play core guard, this build.

Thief I only play in pve now, and I haven’t played war almost at all this season. My F1 key was getting worn out.

All of these, I’ve played since day 1

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Let’s face it. There’s a reason you see 1-3 necros at a time on teams. They absolutely destroy mid fights, and this skill is the largest culprit. The only way to burn through their 2 hp bars before dissolving into a pile of Thaumanova Reactor waste is to cc them, and this skill gives them 10 seconds of unbridled devastation, even if they don’t explode you during the 2 second stunlock.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Necros cant gain too much boon, if the enemy necro cast chill to the bones your necro (one of the 9000+ necro) should go into ‘corrupting’ shroud mode, you’ll see the necro eat the dust.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

all i see is a Henry-bait

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

This skill is not OP at all. Do you know what the biggest weakness to necros is? Do you know why warrior, thief, and ranger kill it so easily? Because it has no sustain and it has no stability. I love the fact that it has no sustain and it replaces sustain for tankyness and offense (which is why I will say that it is the best designed class in the game). It needs stability in SOME manner so it can even cast its heal in higher ranks. Its heal is basically its only taste of sustain and it’s a second long cast time and it’s so easily rupted. Necromancer is countered by cc, easily, every day of the week. CTTB is good for necro because you can easily see it and guess what? You can dodge it, you can blind it, you can interrupt it. It isn’t AT ALL hard to interrupt on any class, and if you are having problems with it as a guard thief or war, you need to learn to play. My advice is don’t try to get in a team fight against the class with the best team fighting ability in the game. It’s like trying to auto attack an engineer to death.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The satire is thick in this thread.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

It’s definitely strong, but I think it’s evened out by the fact Necro in general wears a bullseye. It doesn’t matter what comp you’re facing, the moment your team sees they have a necro, they’re going to slap the target on him so fast lol

This is because for as strong as necro is, it gets focused down very easily so positioning is everything. It rewards you for landing utilities like that correctly, but if it misses and you need to disengage from the enemy team trying to focus you, you’re gonna have a bad time

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

The sheer number and speed of all these necrofancers jumping to defend this OP skill proves just how good it is. The sooner anet nerfs it the better, for the good of the game.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Its a really good elite skill without doubt but i am not sure if i would agree with the notion that the skill is op.

It has roughly the same casttime as gravedigger and a, in my opinion, obvious tell. So if you cannot dodge it i can only assume ether you are bad at doddging, you didnt see it or there was some sort of setup (e.g. your were cced).

Also the skill doesnt cause bleeding baseline. The bleed comes from a trait. But if you include traits it also causes vulerability (3 stacks) and other nasty stuff (weakness, boon hate, condi transfer etc.). But CTTB is probably the worst option to proc all those traits.

The stability and most of the cooldown reduction depends on enemies hit (e.g you wont get any stability if you dont hit anyone). So yeah it can have a big impact in the game when used at the right time but due its high reaction window it also can rather easily be avoided, which makes it hard for my to see the opness of the skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The sheer number and speed of all these necrofancers jumping to defend this OP skill proves just how good it is. The sooner anet nerfs it the better, for the good of the game.

Hmmm, if that’s the case, let’s make a thread about the ranger’s “Rampage as One” being OP. If a bunch of people say it is not, then that will mean it is indeed OP right? Lol.

Anyways, this looks like one of Henry’s threads, so I’m guessing this has to be a jab at him. At least I’m hoping so. I’d like to think no one could seriously think this skill is OP but……we are in the pvp forums and I’ve seen some crazy stuff here.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

The funny thing is, I don’t play necro or any classes that counter it. I just know when a skill is not OP and when it is. Stop crying because you don’t know how to play.

in PvP

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

Before I through in my 2 cents I just want to say that I play warrior and thief when pvping and in this current season I am gold T3.

OP, the skill CttB is not over powered. In fact it is one of the easiest elites to dodge even if you are in a team fight with particle effects flying all over the place you can see it coming from a mile away. The only time I get hit by the dang thing is because i’m out of endurance from dodging someone elses AoE skill, or more potent attack.

What i’m getting out of this post (I mean no ill will by say this) is that you are having a L2P issue. When it comes to Team fights necros should be high on your “Kill First” list. If you leave a necromancer alone in a team fight you are just asking for trouble. If you (and your team) focus a necro down first you should be fine.

However, I do agree with you about having +2 necros on an enemy team being probematic, because most classes are not equipped with enough condi cleanse to handle the amount condis that 2 necros can dish out. I see this more of a class stacking issue than a “necro op” issue, because similar things have been said about having +2 DHs/warriors( and to an extent)druids/ Chronos on an enemy team.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Hmmm, if that’s the case, let’s make a thread about the ranger’s “Rampage as One” being OP. If a bunch of people say it is not, then that will mean it is indeed OP right? Lol.

Anyways, this looks like one of Henry’s threads, so I’m guessing this has to be a jab at him. At least I’m hoping so. I’d like to think no one could seriously think this skill is OP but……we are in the pvp forums and I’ve seen some crazy stuff here.

Are you suggesting that I’m engaging in baseless accusations and hyperbole just to get a rise out of someone? Who would do such a thing?

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

Chilled to the bone is OP?! Really?

Please, it doesn’t even come close to ele’s freezing gust.
That skill is just the most op thing in the entire game. Just this skill alone can one shot a player under 200hp. And on top of it a 3 second chill? Plus it’s a ranged skill but you can’t even reflect it. There’s litterally no counter-play.
And it’s on a 25 sec cd! It’s like 4 times better than chilled to the bone, 7 times better than moa!
I don’t know what anet is doing, this skill should have been nerfed to oblivion 3 years ago !
ANET GET YOU KITTEN TOGETHER

(edited by Spoichiche.1290)

in PvP

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

I have never seen a a thread like this before XD You made my day OP . You must be trolling or you are very new in game

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

OP, you’re blaming for what?
For the Only skill out of Reaper Shroud 3 that grant us stability?
The Damage and Chill effect?
The fact that a necromancer finally have a CC different from the WH 4 and Fear (that can be ignored by both stability and resistance)?
That a necro finally have a Elite with a decent cooldown and a useful effect?

First of all, the amount of classes that spam block/evade/immunity/stability/blind are so much in this meta that half of the enemies you hit just don’t even notice you landed it, and if they evade/block//// it you don’t gain the stability effect for them. Also if you use the Plague Signet you can obtain a blind from your allies, totally missing the hit (happen more frequently that you can think, with the amount of blind in this game used by thief, guardian and more).

The casting also don’t rteally grant you any good action time. 1,25 sec of casting for 2 sec of stun AoE on 90 sec of CD? Wow, what an amazing skill! unbeliveable! I will know what you think fighting against a warrior, that can perma stun you. In the current meta they have the mace/shield that grant them 1sec daze every 12 sec, 2 sec of Stun every 16 sec (they use the trait for that), and the F1 that daze for 1 sec every 3 seconds, inflicting also a lot of conditions. And what if he use his Hammer?? 2 sec of Stun AoE every 8 seconds! ANet, run, you must nerf it or everyone in this game will start to cry about it! And what about they’re elite? 3 sec of stun fulling they’re adrenaline and granting them to spam the F1 of the mace, dazing you more and more.
Also the war can spam stability just staying in Berserk Form, that can be activated every 8,5 sec and last for 15 sec. They don’t need to be nerfed?

Seriously, if you think that Chilled to the Bone is Over powered you have to improve as a player, start to look how many times your enemy necro use it and how many times you suffer from it.

You can ask a nerf because you play as a warrior and if the necro have stability you can’t stunlock him down for ages as you do against several other classes, but remember that if he miss, is blocked or more he don’t obtain any stack of stability and if he hit only you he obtain only 2 stacks. CttB is a good elite but only if used while in the middle of the fight and there’s a lot of enemies to hit. And if the enemy come in the middle of the fight and don’t die in 5 seconds your team need to learn how to focus and burst down the easiest class to kill of this game.
About his damage, only a power build can use it and inflict any decent damage, but a large amount of necros play condition, then that’s not a problem at all.

That’s the first post I see in months that ask for a nerf to necros. There’s a reason if everyone ask to nerf thief, war, guardian, mesmer, ele, engi, ranger (basicly every class of this game…) butno one ask to nerf necros, don’t you think?
Leave them alone using they’re only way to obtain stability while not in Reaper Shroud and be happy, you will burst them down easy and fast anyway, expecially because you play 3 classes that totally counters the necromancer.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Are you suggesting that I’m engaging in baseless accusations and hyperbole just to get a rise out of someone? Who would do such a thing?

Lol, you’re right. What was I thinking? This is quite entertaining though, you seem to have gotten quite a rise of the Necros that don’t understand. Can’t blame them too much though. Us Necromancers have a long history of being given new shinies just to have them deemed op and taken away. =P

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

CTTB is the easiest elite skill to dodge & interrupt. Get good at dodging and interrupting.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

You know the OP is just trolling henry ?

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

CTTB is the easiest elite skill to dodge & interrupt. Get good at dodging and interrupting.

Signet of Undeath is definitely easier to interrupt.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

True, but he did say elite skill after all.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in PvP

Crinn.7864

True, but he did say elite skill after all.

Signet of Courage is definitely easier to interrupt.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I don’t play reaper. I run an power lockdown chrono build. And as someone that destroys necros by total lockdown, they need this skill. It’s not OPed at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Not OP vs a DH player. If u see a Necro on the other team, maybe u should swap away from War/Thief.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Signet of Courage is definitely easier to interrupt.

Nobody uses these skills so it doesn’t matter.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

To be clear, I don’t agree with the OP. Yet, if you can’t land this skill that is entirely on you. Just like other skills with long cast times, people are just generally terrible at this game and don’t use abilities to their max potential. I don’t see how people miss this.

I was exaggerating a bit, however I have the mechanical skill of a monkey, that’s partly why. What happens a lot is I’ll receive a random blind from my Plague Signet as the channel is finishing, causing a miss. That’s the biggest issue in my experience.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Anet plz change character shout dialogue from ,,Chilled to the Bone" to just ,,Dodge".

Everything should be fine after that.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Anet plz change character shout dialogue from ,,Chilled to the Bone" to just ,,Dodge".

Everything should be fine after that.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

all i see is a Henry-bait

This.

Well played OP, well played.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Starters, I very rarely play my necro/reaper. DO I like this skill…yes. Do I think its OP…heck no. It does have both a visual tell and a vocal tell. In a teamfight (playing vs necro/reaper) I may not be focusing on the reaper right away (although I do tend to lean toward them), and may miss the visual queue, however despite all the AOE/abilities…etc being dropped, I still do hear the vocal queue quite clearly. May also help to have more stun breakers (sometimes I carry 2/3 pending on my toon and build)

This is literally a l2p issue despite how it is argued. If you are NA and need to spar with someone playing with this elite, look me up. As I mentioned I dont play it much but I may still be able to help.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Almost everyone knows how op it is. Even necros know. It does so much in 1 skill, stun, stability, damage, chill, bleed, life steal. What other utility does so much on any class? Imahine if “Feel my wrath!” stun locked, damaged, and chilled you too.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

lolololol, your kittening toon screams CHILLED TO THE BONE when casting it.

I can’t believe you can’t have a thief, mesmer, or warrior daze/stun the crap out of the cast.

Almost everyone knows how op it is. Even necros know. It does so much in 1 skill, stun, stability, damage, chill, bleed, life steal. What other utility does so much on any class? Imahine if “Feel my wrath!” stun locked, damaged, and chilled you too.

I also imagine that feel my wrath gives quickness to your entire team. Necro shouts only give the boon to the necromancer, have longer cast times than most other shouts, and the rest of the necro shouts are pretty trash.

in PvP

Justine.6351

I also imagine that feel my wrath gives quickness to your entire team. Necro shouts only give the boon to the necromancer, have longer cast times than most other shouts, and the rest of the necro shouts are pretty trash.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/“Nothing_Can_Save_You!”
Yeah so trash…

Monsoon,
Make a revenant and spam jade winds every 10sec if you think chilled to the bone so op,
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Winds

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Yeah so trash…

Monsoon,
Make a revenant and spam jade winds every 10sec if you think chilled to the bone so op,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Might

Yeah, necro shouts are trash.

Nothing can save you has the same cd, a cast time on it, and only applies 5 vulnerability while warrior gets a 180 power boost passive (aka equivalent of 6 might stacks).

Signet of Might lasts 2 seconds longer to boot.

And that’s on necro, who does significantly less power damage than a warrior so I don’t know what terror you have about a necromancer being unblockable because any hit you would be afraid of being unblockable is also laughably slow and easily dodged.

Nothing can save you means you sacrificed a precious utility slot for a crappier version of might signet on a class that does less damage and can be pinballed around since their stunbreaks are on a 40-50 sec cd.

If you hit 2 opponents with the shout you get the equivalent of the signet, but the vulnerability is still inferior to the power passive.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

Justine.6351

Yeah so trash…

Monsoon,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Might

Yeah, necro shouts are trash.

Nothing can save you has the same cd, a cast time on it, and only applies 5 vulnerability while warrior gets a 180 power boost passive (aka equivalent of 6 might stacks).

Signet of Might lasts 2 seconds longer to boot.

And that’s on necro, who does significantly less power damage than a warrior so I don’t know what terror you have about a necromancer being unblockable because any hit you would be afraid of being unblockable is also laughably slow and easily dodged.

Clearly you don’t pvp in any game mode if you don’t see the power of “nothing can save you!”. It’s probably in the top 10 utility skills anyone can bring to spvp on any class. Probably top 5.