Compensate won Solo/TeamQ with RankPoints?

in PvP

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Remove all rank points that a player has.
Add rank based on hotjoin plays/wins, solo tournament plays/wins, team tournament/wins based on the current formula.

Retroactively reward all of the hotjoin matches that ended normally and ignore all of the ones that ended due to a /command.

This way you can reward “loyal” players while still shutting down Skyhammer farmers.

The majority of players will get a nice boost in glory from this and the only people who will end up with less rank points will be the ones who abused the farming rooms.

If you don’t have that kind of data, award rank points for only those hotjoins which were not private servers. This will still give most people a boost in their rank so they cant complain while shutting down those who rank farmed.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in PvP

Posted by: Kenny.3476

Kenny.3476

the only difference between skyhammer farmers and good tpvp players is the number of tpvp matches they played- so give us rank points for past tpvp matches every gw2 pvpplayer would appreciate this

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

Responding to this thread with thinly veiled ‘bump’ posts is not doing your cause any good. We don’t make decisions based on how often someone bumps a thread.

We’ve responded with our current take on the matter – if something changes, we’ll let you know.

In the meantime, feel free to provide constructive and thoughtful comments.

I’ll step on Dojo’s comment in response to yours.

For the past 3 pages, totaling well over 100 comments/posts we (the “vocal minority”, as someone pointed out) discussed and lay out good number of reason why this is a good thing to do. All we got was a long version of “nope.avi”, with zero reasons as to ‘whats’ and ‘whys’.

Now, do I have to dig out my posts about your “listening to feedback” and “communication with the players”? What exactly discussion do you expect
after all the arguments in thread were cut down with a single “no”?

Some food for though on your “communication with the players” PR: For any sort of communication to be, there is a need for something to communicate about.

As for the fellow players here, I’d suggest you guys drop by the ReadyUp Ep2 thread and ask about retroactive rewarding rank points there. As they cannot just ignore a frequently asked question. It will be a bad thing for they PR mentioned above.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Responding to this thread with thinly veiled ‘bump’ posts is not doing your cause any good. We don’t make decisions based on how often someone bumps a thread.

We’ve responded with our current take on the matter – if something changes, we’ll let you know.

For the past 3 pages, totaling well over 100 comments/posts we (the “vocal minority”, as someone pointed out) discussed and lay out good number of reason why this is a good thing to do. All we got was a long version of “nope.avi”, with zero reasons as to ‘whats’ and ‘whys’.

Now, do I have to dig out my posts about your “listening to feedback” and “communication with the players”? What exactly discussion do you expect

Some food for though on your “communication with the players” PR: For any sort of communication to be, there is a need for something to communicate about.

As for the fellow players here, I’d suggest you guys drop by the ReadyUp Ep2 thread and ask about retroactive rewarding rank points there. As they cannot just ignore a frequently asked question. It will be a bad thing for they PR mentioned above.

I agree on everything savov said

Stop deleting my posts this aint a bump i just wanna let everyone that i agree

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

This post deleting is already reaching the point of trying to suppress this thread. People are just agreeing on the topic. This actually adds something to the thread, even if it is just a simple “I agree”.

Seriously getting kitten ed how you handle this kind of stuff. No reasons. Just “ok we got what you say still not planning anything at the moment”. If our feedback has no effect whatsoever beside “ok, but nothing will change” then you could aswell tell us to shut up.

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

This post deleting is already reaching the point of trying to suppress this thread. People are just agreeing on the topic. This actually adds something to the thread, even if it is just a simple “I agree”.

Seriously getting kitten ed how you handle this kind of stuff. No reasons. Just “ok we got what you say still not planning anything at the moment”. If our feedback has no effect whatsoever beside “ok, but nothing will change” then you could aswell tell us to shut up.

I agree on everything dojo said

in PvP

Posted by: Kirmora.4976

Kirmora.4976

did they mention anything on the pvp chat thing?

“Success is a mind Game "

Killswiittch -Thief

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

did they mention anything on the pvp chat thing?

i wonder this also has anything been mentioned? or has this topic completly been forgotten

in PvP

Dojo.1867

They just said they decided to keep ranks based on player feedback. Nothing about creating a fair environment concerning time spent/ actual rank retrospectively.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I thought I could get atleast a stack of these glory things down by having it up at all times.. but then I decided to open some chests. GG anet; I’m never going to get through these….

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

well i guess they gonna keep ignoring this

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I agree on everything savov said

Stop deleting my posts this aint a bump i just wanna let everyone that i agree

Post/thread deleting. Reminds me of the time around PAX tourny. That were some glorious times here on the forums lol.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Dojo.1867

Still waiting for an answer on why exactly this should NOT happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Kenny.3476

Kenny.3476

Bring up this theme

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

There won’t be a dev response because there has already been a dev response.

Lol, this is why I still come to these forums sometimes. So funny.

in PvP

Posted by: Darko.5873

Darko.5873

Are we getting an update on this? It’s been a month already…

all is vain

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

HELLO what is happening here

ANYTHING NEW?

in PvP

Dojo.1867

Maybe they will give us an update on next fridays “ready up”.

Or mabye they will just ignore this again.

in PvP

Posted by: rhycochet.5268

rhycochet.5268

this would make me pretty happy.

it’s depressing seeing people hop into soloQ with obviously farmed ranks that have zero map awareness talk down to people who are legitimately trying to talk strategy, hold/defend points etc. i can’t tell you how many matches a random rank 50+ gave away because all they cared about was walking out of the match with the most kills.

as someone who ranked up from basically 90% solo/teamQ only…i’m not saying people who farm spvp don’t deserve their rank points…but i am saying that it’s soul-crushing to know how fast and easy it is for them to gather ranks vs. queuing up for 15 potentially wasted minutes time after time.

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

Comeone!! say something!

i wont forget this EVER

in PvP

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

This is important.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

GAH Answer!!!!

Answer ANSWER answer ANSWER

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Has anything along the lines of this (rewarding exploiters/ignoring their activities) happened in any other games with online content recently? Or in the (recent-ish) past at all? Because if there was it sure would make for a meaty article for a well known online publication.

I mean it would ~suck~ for that to happen from a PR perspective. Alas if it’s going to go un-addressed however.

\o/

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Reward tpvp wins please. I see bunch of r60s or higher playing so bad, it can’t be true.
I don’t even have this Marauder Tittle, because I don’t play Hotjoin. Lol.
Would be very friendly if u reward us, finaly.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

As John mentioned previously, we don’t plan on retroactively awarding rank points for previous wins. We will, however, be rebalancing rank tiers to make them more attainable.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

As John mentioned previously, we don’t plan on retroactively awarding rank points for previous wins. We will, however, be rebalancing rank tiers to make them more attainable.

gw1 gladiator style?

in PvP

Dojo.1867

People realized your last response. The question is much more “why not?”.

All you do is keep saying “we won’t do it” although there is clearly the desire and reasoning to make it happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

People realized your last response. The question is much more “why not?”.

All you do is keep saying “we won’t do it” although there is clearly the desire and reasoning to make it happen.

They won’t do it because they don’t care.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Trad:

Let this thread die already cause we’re not going to reward ppl who went tpvp instead of rank farming.

Thank you for you feedback

Meanwhile go take a look to new shiny stuff coming in pve…go spend gems and stop annoying us, and as always…have a nice day.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

That’s disappointing to hear.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Thanks for rewarding us!

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Panda.1793

Panda.1793

But not surprising right?

Come on did anyone really think pvp players will be rewarded for any effort what so ever? They will only make it easier for people who do pve and wvw to branch over due to the PLUMMETING population of each server . I dont even think they should make it easier to obtain ranks, if your not good enough and dont play enough you shouldnt be able to get high rank, like it wasnt easy enough for skyhammer farmers to hit high ranks

Still, thank you Grouch for replying, we know your reliable and understand how the community feels and how pvp is going for the game. Something most other Devs do not unfortunately

in PvP

Posted by: Jono M.8519

Jono M.8519

Will you be talking about your current ideas for rebalancing the rank tiers on the next live stream, or is it too early to do so?

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

But not surprising right?

Not surprising at all.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

I agree that a slight rebalancing is in order. I’m a casual player with 825 games now, half of em in tournament and I’m “only” lvl 32. I refuse to farm rank points therefore I will probably never see a bear emote on my character which is kinda disappointing due to the fact that there are 3 more beyond that.

Since Skyhammer titles like (Gladiator, Mercenary, …) are worthless. It’s just not right to kill a Ransacker with no effort due to the fact that he has no skill at all (which was very rare back in the day). So no one give a sh** about those anyway.

Champion (Paragon, Genius, …) is probably the only title worth something and it’s not that hard to get which is a shame.

Retroactively awarding rank points is not needed but a nice gift for players who spent a lot of time in pvp. Come to think about it there is nothing wrong with that move except a lot satisfied players maybe.

ArenaNet is lazy

There is not one valid reason why this shouldnt happen

Not even a single one

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

while there is no reason they can’t retroactively grant rank points for previous tournament wins there is also no reason why they should either,
just because they’ve added a new insentive to play tournaments it doesn’t mean we should get the new insentive for everything we’ve already done,
there was no reason to play tournaments if you were after rank points in the past,
now there is
so if people complain that they spent thousands of hours struggling through rank tournaments, i just have to ask, why?

in PvP

Dojo.1867

while there is no reason they can’t retroactively grant rank points for previous tournament wins there is also no reason why they should either,
just because they’ve added a new insentive to play tournaments it doesn’t mean we should get the new insentive for everything we’ve already done,
there was no reason to play tournaments if you were after rank points in the past,
now there is
so if people complain that they spent thousands of hours struggling through rank tournaments, i just have to ask, why?

To add more value to the rank system again? I thought this was obvious to everyone here but some people seem to still not realize what we are asking for.

It is not about personal progression but somewhat saving the rank systems integrity. Right now it is literally worthless. You could even say it scales inversely with skill since hotjoin farming certainly made you a worse player than playing 400 turney games. Even if it did give you a level 60 rank and the turney games like 35.

What this would do is raise the overall rank of everybody. While they certainly did not want this it is the logical result of their bad system and they should accept this mistake now by keeping a fair distribution retrospectively and instead increase their amount of ranks.

For example they could create a new tier of ranks after dragon that starts with rabbit again but now the effect could be red or green and they could call it Veteran Rabit. Or they come up with just more animals although it will be hard to top a phoenix/dragon. Maybe god ranks?

Dragon -> Lyssa -> Dwayna -> Grenth -> …

(edited by Dojo.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

I think ranks are easy enough to get grouch, nerfing them kinda reduces the fun of finally getting this insanely cool finisher, that was once hard to get, and now everyone has it.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s probably too late now. In my view, ranks should have been done by wins. Such as hotjoin/custom arenas wins would count as one win. Soloq could count as two wins, and lastly team arena would count for 2-4. So that way tpvp players are still reward more then hotjoins.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: lex de gouw.6214

lex de gouw.6214

+1 to getting rank points from previous games

in PvP

Dojo.1867

So just like everybody thought. No comment on this topic during ready up.

Really disappointed.

Sadly this highlights how they are compeltely missing the point. People don’t want ranks to be more attainable. They want them to be an achievement for playing the game a lot in competitive pvp (and this is not hotjoin farming). Instead it is going the opposite direction.

(edited by Dojo.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Really disappointed.

What part of “we’re not doing it” from Josh wasn’t clear, though? He said it like 5 posts above yours.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Dojo.1867

Really disappointed.

What part of “we’re not doing it” from Josh wasn’t clear, though? He said it like 5 posts above yours.

What part of “WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING IT” is not clear to you because THAT was the question people were asking. Their only answer is like “nope” and they want people to accept that without even giving a reason.

in PvP

Posted by: rhycochet.5268

rhycochet.5268

just a thought…

if they won’t retroactively grant points to long-time tpvpers…

what about mail-gifting us with boosters, like 3x rank point boosters for use in tpvp matches ONLY – based on how many matches we’ve participated in? even easier to implement…yeah?

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

There was no reason not to do this – I guess they don’t know how to implement it.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

There was no reason not to do this – I guess they don’t know how to implement it.

They just don’t want to hurt pve skyhammer and hotjoin farmers…that’s all..

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

custom arena players brings in the money in pvp also hotjoin still the most populated in pvp better than arenas. so….. gudluck

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

They wont compensate honest ppl who hasnt paid extra $$$$$$$$$$$

most farmers have opened custom servers to farm in there > gems > $$$$ for Anet

plus the majority is playing hotjoin so they dont care what happens

in PvP

Dojo.1867

Just saw this other thread where someone suggested a 1600 gem item for the retrospective reward.

Since I guess it takes some time if someone would program these retrospective rewards it would be ok for me to pay for it. I mean sure, we should have just gotten for free but if this increases the chance then I am fine with it…

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Just saw this other thread where someone suggested a 1600 gem item for the retrospective reward.

Since I guess it takes some time if someone would program these retrospective rewards it would be ok for me to pay for it. I mean sure, we should have just gotten for free but if this increases the chance then I am fine with it…

I’m not gonna lie, that would set a pretty ugly precedent…

There are much better things to throw up onto the gem-store to pay the bills than something so controversial.