DH untouched & another Druid nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

GG ANET

I am honestly convinced at this point ANET doesn’t know what its doing. I try to defend this game, but I just can’t.

Druid was fine! DH is not!
Where are you getting your stats/information from?

I do play both Guardian and Ranger equally, and logic behind this nerf makes no sense.

Attachments:

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

in PvP

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

inb4 this post is moved to the Ranger forum where it will never see the light of day

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Anet favors burst over bunker. Just look at minstrel. Sad bunker guard I sad. Though to answer your question they will either totally destroy DH with nerfs or tweak traits instead of the noob killer AKA traps. DH whiners whine about the traps so if anet listens they will Nerf most of the aspects of DH in the next balance patch.

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

3 players cannot down good druid player. DH is fine and need a buff or two. Condi druids are killers.

in PvP

Posted by: Roy Dreadstorm.2093

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

3 players cannot down good druid player. DH is fine and need a buff or two. Condi druids are killers.

yep … because of this type of guy we got nerfed x) incredible
dude just lemme tell u something , if u die against a druid support dat goes condi with sword/torch , u’r just a very bad player , this spec is not meant to kill , it’s meant to assist

in PvP

Posted by: moje.1863

moje.1863

DH is fine and need a buff or two.

okay.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

3 players cannot down good druid player.

Are these 3 guys imbeciles by any chance and unaware of concepts like CC, because if not, 3 players > 1 druid.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I still can’t understand how anet could create DH.It’s a class that is like powerranger with tons of blocks and a utlity bar which is like necro wells but with lower cd, with more dmg and also with cc. The survivability of DH is sth. every zerk class can dream about. Longbow 2 nearly hits as hard as killshot and has a 4 sec cd. Not to mention that DH is so easy to learn that even my grandma could get used to DH.
It’s such fun to see players suddenly becoming “good” allthough they were garbage /average before they had rerolled to DH. Some of them are even “top tier” now and in “top teams”.

DH is pathetic as it is.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: Roy Dreadstorm.2093

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

I still can’t understand how anet could create DH.It’s a class that is like powerranger with tons of blocks and a utlity bar which is like necro wells but with lower cd, with more dmg and also with cc. The survivability of DH is sth. every zerk class can dream about. Longbow 2 nearly hits as hard as killshot and has a 4 sec cd. Not to mention that DH is so easy to learn that even my grandma could get used to DH.
It’s such fun to see players suddenly becoming “good” allthough they were garbage /average before they had rerolled to DH. Some of them are even “top tier” now and in “top teams”.

DH is pathetic as it is.

clearly , i mean it’s not invincible but u have to put a lot more of efforts to kill his poor health pool than any other class , tons of blocks , tons of heal , invuln , good booning extremely high mono-target damages , extremely high crowd damages , good crowd control , it just lacks a bit of mobility and there u have godmode , why not giving DH the running nikes of the druid ? u know this spec no longer avlaible , it would be an awesome recycling.

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

dude just lemme tell u something , if u die against a druid support dat goes condi with sword/torch , u’r just a very bad player , this spec is not meant to kill , it’s meant to assist

Are these 3 guys imbeciles by any chance and unaware of concepts like CC, because if not, 3 players > 1 druid.

There are 2 druid build that are god mode 1 on 1 and 1 vs many. Why are you not familiar with it? Well those ppl wont give you their builds ( I know I wont) couse it would be nerfhammered

DH is easy to counter : put some condi pressure and he’s down.
cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

There are 2 druid build that are god mode 1 on 1 and 1 vs many. Why are you not familiar with it?

1v1 is not 1v3, which is what you claimed, why are you not familiar with CC? If you can’t kill a druid 3v1, then the only problem is between your screen and your keyboard.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I blame Phanta, if he would roll Druid instead of Rev, those nurfs would never have happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

There are 2 druid build that are god mode 1 on 1 and 1 vs many. Why are you not familiar with it? Well those ppl wont give you their builds ( I know I wont) couse it would be nerfhammered

cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

YE guys! LETS ALL ROLL REAPERS SCRAPPERS AND TEMPESTS, 3 classes out of?
I can see that you want to repeat bs that was wrote 100000x times by Cele Ele

“CELE ELE IS FINE, IT CAN BE COUNTERED! 1 Necro build has like 50%winrate vs him so ITS definitly not broken” I bet you- guardian players were in line shouting “nerf Cele ele!” “NURF iT! OP!” Yet when meta shifts to DH vs DH Counters its TOTALY FINE…

Soon in esl. Everyteam will bring 1/2Dh and 1/2 Dh counters + bunker. Fun fun fun to watch… Thieves? Mesmers? Do they even exist?

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Increasingly feeling that reapers and DH are pretty op.

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

Go fight a good DH and let me know how that goes, even condition pressure, which is the most viable option, is still difficult to deal with.

-they still have a decent condi clear that heals them a fair amount for being marauder, that’s not even counting blocks. A guardian’s usual weakness is that they’re slow, but that is migitated with the longbow and it’s many features including an unblockable shot at 1200 range that does 4-6k with only a 4 second cd. They will kill you before your conditions even make an impact.

-Dragonhunter rewards passive play way too much, I’m alright with setting traps to do damage and stuff that’s cool, but it’s entirely too faceroll. I gave the meta build to my friend who doesn’t even really pvp and she was destroying people in team matches multiple times. It shows just how easy to pick up it is, which wouldn’t be a bad thing if it wasn’t an apex predator.

in PvP

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

Go fight a good DH and let me know how that goes, even condition pressure, which is the most viable option, is still difficult to deal with.

-they still have a decent condi clear that heals them a fair amount for being marauder, that’s not even counting blocks. A guardian’s usual weakness is that they’re slow, but that is migitated with the longbow and it’s many features including an unblockable shot at 1200 range that does 4-6k with only a 4 second cd. They will kill you before your conditions even make an impact.

-Dragonhunter rewards passive play way too much, I’m alright with setting traps to do damage and stuff that’s cool, but it’s entirely too faceroll. I gave the meta build to my friend who doesn’t even really pvp and she was destroying people in team matches multiple times. It shows just how easy to pick up it is, which wouldn’t be a bad thing if it wasn’t an apex predator.

Replace DH with Reaper, Druid, Bunker Scrapper or Herald and your argument still holds up. PvP is in such a state right now that it’s in need of one big rehaul. I’m assuming that the devs are working on leagues and a huge balance patch. That would explain their silence as of late.

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

true shot is not unblockable and has never been unblockable.

deflecting shot is the unblockable one and that’s on a 10 sec cooldown and has an awkward ground target function.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

deflecting shot is the unblockable one and that’s on a 10 sec cooldown and has an awkward ground target function.

Uh…check patch notes maybe.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Morwath.9817

…but Karl said it’s misstype in patch notes, like 30 mins after they got posted.

in PvP

Timston.1976

cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

Ugh check guardian forum where Karl said it was a typo and was meant for deflecting shot

in PvP

Posted by: Rell.8395

Rell.8395

cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

LOL, so these noobs are the people that complain about DH? They don’t even play the class or play against the class and yet complain 24/7 about DH based on a bad patch note. TY.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

…anyway it doesn’t change two facts:
1) DH traps > Ranger traps
2) DH LB > Ranger LB
Yet, Druid gets nerf and core Ranger is untouched (won’t even comment on Beastly Warden range nerf made in same manner, so it’s rarely useful).

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

cele reaper
cele scrapper
cele tempest
???
counter DH easily.

Replace DH with Reaper, Druid, Bunker Scrapper or Herald and your argument still holds up. PvP is in such a state right now that it’s in need of one big rehaul. I’m assuming that the devs are working on leagues and a huge balance patch. That would explain their silence as of late.

I find DH and Scrapper to be the most annoying, mostly because their elite specs, while fun to play, migitates their usual weaknesses a little too much. Reaper I honestly don’t feel that bad about, they can be ungodly annoying, but there was never a point where I felt like I was at an extreme disadvantage. Herald is annoying too, but slightly less than DH and Scrapper because even they still are weak to conditions.

Cele Tempest I feel is a good example of balancing D/D ele players without making ele useless. Same stats, good support and decent damage, but still has weaknesses such as it’s better to follow team fights and is relitively frail to strong power builds in 1v1s.

UPDATE: I did use the wrong term, when that new build came out the other day it did have the note where it said trueshot was unblockable before correcting it.

(edited by DrDivine.5378)

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

The problem with reaper to me is chill. Chill is an extremely powerful condition based on the slow effect alone. Reapers get a ton of it AND it does serious damage. DH just has way too much Cc. The repeated knockdown thing they do is absurd.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

This is the most unsubstantiated statement I have ever seen. So much bias to DH. DH needs buffs? do not make me laugh.

3 players cannot down a good druid player? Well your MMR might be super low that’s why you see these situations. I am not attacking you in any way, but 2 good players can down a full support druid. One player can do it too if the druid is just some off shoot build.

Please. Can you elaborate the DH needs buffs?

Your Traps are ALL BETTER than rangers.
Your Trap Trait is WAAAY BETTER THAN Rangers
Your LB provides MORE TEAM UTILITY than Rangers
Your Mechanic FUNCTIONS PROPERLY ever since the beginning of time compared to rangers.

PS: THESE ARE ALL FACTS. please feel free to refute my points

I can list a whole lot more here if you want.

Now with that said, who needs buffs again? I can clearly see, Rangers are the ones who needs buffs.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

2) DH LB > Ranger LB
Yet, Druid gets nerf and core Ranger is untouched (won’t even comment on Beastly Warden range nerf made in same manner, so it’s rarely useful).

no, the only fact that changes is you have no clue what you’re talking about

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Timston.1976

Engi hammer>guard hammer, revenant signets > all others, ele shout >guard,warrior,ranger shouts. You can’t compare base specs to elite ones for an argument that it is op

in PvP

Morwath.9817

2) DH LB > Ranger LB

Who has no clues?
If you belive that LB or Trap Ranger is as “good”, as “op” or as “whatever” as DH, win any tournament playing one.

Engi hammer>guard hammer, revenant signets > all others, ele shout >guard,warrior,ranger shouts. You can’t compare base specs to elite ones for an argument that it is op

Obviously you can, when entire Ranger profession was being “balanced” around LB/Traps in last year like those are core source of DH power.

If they are superior to core specs that are supposed to do the same, then they are obviously broken, OP or whatever you call that imbalance.
And if something is “OP” and something is “UP”, you got two choices:
a) nerf “OP”
or
b) buff “UP”

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Timston.1976

2) DH LB > Ranger LB

Who has no clues?
If you belive that LB or Trap Ranger is as “good”, as “op” or as “whatever” as DH, win any tournament playing one.

Obviously you can, when entire Ranger profession was being “balanced” around LB/Traps in last year like those are core source of DH power.

If they are superior to core specs that are supposed to do the same, then they are obviously broken, OP or whatever you call that imbalance.
a) nerf “OP”
or
b) buff “UP”

Based on that logic Druid should be nerfed because it’s way stronger than guard bunk. Thoughts?

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Your Mechanic FUNCTIONS PROPERLY ever since the beginning of time compared to rangers.

Your Traps are CONDITION BASED.
Your Trap traits are CONDITION BASED.
Your LB provide more DPS than DH.
Wanna guardian scepter from the beginning?

Apples and Oranges.

in PvP

Posted by: Clandestinity.5147

Clandestinity.5147

Just another L2P issue. Nothing new to see here.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Based on that logic Druid should be nerfed because it’s way stronger than guard bunk. Thoughts?

Actualy thats not true, because both Ranger LB and Guard (DH) LB are designed as single target dps/burst weapons, same as their traps are supposed to be area denial.

While both “bunker” Ranger (Druid) and “bunker” Guardian are supports, however they cover completly different team weaknesses. Druid is supposed to be burst healer, while Guardian (Altruistic Pure Voice) is supposed to give sustain to team via Boons, condition convertion via shouts (into boons) and condition cleanse via shouts (soldier ammy) and support via vitues (more boons) with some minor healing.

Also I believe Tempest is much better than both in team supporting in competitive play…

Indeed, Ranger traps are condition based, so they are supposed to deal MORE damage if not cleansed if someone stand in them, not LESS.

It doesn’t mean “on what based trait is”, DH trap trait is just superior.

Not sure if serious, True Shot deals more damage than Rapid Fire, it’s easier to land and has half of it’s CD, won’t even mention that most Ranger damage/pseudo-burst comes from Rapid Fire…

Sure, I’ll take scepter, you will get Axe.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

2) DH LB > Ranger LB

Who has no clues?

a) nerf “OP”
or
b) buff “UP”

Based on your wrong logic.. lemme explain.

Druid does not provide a lot of boons like bunker guard does.
Druid does not provide on demand quickness and stab to the party.
Druid cannot safe res because of the lack of the protected reviver trait.
Druid cannot heal and support a lot without going into Astral form, which in turn is gated every 10 seconds, and gated by astral force regeneration. Guard bunk can with its weapon sets.
Empower with 12 stacks of might, Shouts instant cast, removes 1 condi with rune and converts 1 condi to boon AoE.

Bunk guard being a core class can do so much more than a druid which is an elite spec. (Given we are going FULL BUNK and SUPPORT)

With those above, you cannot say Druid is Stronger than Bunk Guard because they both fulfill team roles very differently.

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in PvP

Timston.1976

Yes bunker guard is a way better support, however, bunker guard cannot survive against these elite specs. You can’t support while you’re dead. Go try for yourself bunker guard, and then play druid. You’ll see

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Yes bunker guard is a way better support, however, bunker guard cannot survive against these elite specs. You can’t support while you’re dead. Go try for yourself bunker guard, and then play druid. You’ll see

Indeed, thats because DPS wise new specializations are imbalanced and op… good you agree with us. Problem isn’t that they nerfed Druid, problem is that they nerfed Druid while leaving DH/Scrapper/Reaper alone, there is also another problem, they aren’t buffing those underpowered specs like bunker guards, trap rangers, lb rangers and many many more.

So far they are only nerfing Druid every patch who is mere support, which brings new quality to PvP other than sustain yourself and rotate…

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I don’t get why Ranger’s are complaining about DH, there rather easy for Ranger to beat.

DH Elite might be bit broken, but I think i just dislike DH Elite cause Druid got shafted so hard with its new Elite.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I don’t get why Ranger’s are complaining about DH, there rather easy for Ranger to beat.

DH Elite might be bit broken, but I think i just dislike DH Elite cause Druid got shafted so hard with its new Elite.

Rangers aren’t complaining about DH, but about horrible balancing of Anet (read: only Rangers are allowed to eat nerfs and “fixes” that hurts).

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Bunker chrono is literally 100 times stronger than bunker Druid and people continue to lie about how hard it is to kill Druid. Druid is complete garbage right now. They’re easily countered by warriors, chronos, scrappers, reapers, and dragonhunters. They’re also not even very good team healers. When you see a group of enemy players it’s so easy to kill one while the Druid’s still their because celestial avatar form is so hard to build up, and when it is up they’re too busy using it on themselves. Druids die just by interrupting or poisoning their celestial 4. Meanwhile bunker chrono literally does take 3+ people to kill.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Even tempest is a better bunker and healer.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

LOL, omg I can’t, y just y ahahahahaha, this is gold LOL this is from another thread, these DH comments are hilarious.

You see a DH on point. (Stab +) dodge into it.
Don’t get kited by the DH, kite the DH.
If he teleports on you, dodge.

Kite the DH >.>

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

LOL, omg I can’t, y just y ahahahahaha, this is gold LOL this is from another thread, these DH comments are hilarious.

Because every class has reliable stab sources? LOL

3 traps is basically 3 stacks of Stab.

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Because every class has reliable stab sources? LOL

3 traps is basically 3 stacks of Stab.

What really rekt me is “Don’t get kited by the DH, kite the DH” that’s hilarious, KITE the guy with the BOW hahahahaha.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

DH is pathetic as it is.

Don’t forget that DH traps also automatically grant them boons, with the highest damage (and shortest cooldown) one granting them rather long lasting protection of all things.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

And 10 might. Also elite trap.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Snow.2506

Snow.2506

Were the words, “Dragon Hunter is fine,” uttered in this thread? Rages
I really think that DH is just Anets favourite child. They work a big moment of the personal HoT story around a character becoming a DH, they refuse to nerf it, AND the name is DRAGON HUNTER, in a game where we are hunting dragons.
Not playing favourites?

For the love of the high damage, high mobility, glass cannon. Thief to the bitter end.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Apples and Oranges.

Yeah, but we all know condition based is crap and can’t be used against anyone with half a frontal lobe. So ranger traps are useless.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Apples and Oranges.

Yeah, but we all know condition based is crap and can’t be used against anyone with half a frontal lobe. So ranger traps are useless.

Exactly the point. Instead of buffing ranger traps, give it someone else. LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

GG ANET

I am honestly convinced at this point ANET doesn’t know what its doing. I try to defend this game, but I just can’t.

Druid was fine! DH is not!
Where are you getting your stats/information from?

I do play both Guardian and Ranger equally, and logic behind this nerf makes no sense.

Wow. It’s almost like the people with access to the results of every match ever played have a different perspective than you.

Consider the possibility your perspective is lacking width and breadth.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

ranger signets > guardian signets
thief signets > guardian signets
necro signets> guardian signets
warrior signets > guardian signets
mesmer signets > guardian signets
elementalist signets > guardian signets

OMG guardian signets so bad BUFFF GUARD

dh traps > ranger traps

omg NVM GUARD traps so OP NERF1?!!?!1!111

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

ranger signets > guardian signets
thief signets > guardian signets
necro signets> guardian signets
warrior signets > guardian signets
mesmer signets > guardian signets
elementalist signets > guardian signets

OMG guardian signets so bad BUFFF GUARD

dh traps > ranger traps

omg NVM GUARD traps so OP NERF1?!!?!1!111

Ranger signets > guardian signets?

You gotta be kidding me.

You got a 30 second stun breaker signet. untraited
You got a Knockdown signet too. 3 freaking seconds.
You have an immob signet too.

Signet of stone? 60 freaking seconds dude.