Damage is way to high

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Baconplease.1657

Baconplease.1657

Everything and everyone is running extremely high Condition or Glass cannon builds. The amount of damage/scaling of power and condition damage needs to be adjusted. Currently It is whoever gets the burst off first.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

its okay.

it is better this way.

matches don’t drag on forever.

may the best dodger evader blocker win.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573

Build more defensively.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

I love the new balance. Feels a lot faster and more skillful. Condi actually seems weaker than previous due to the fact though.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I love the new balance. Feels a lot faster and more skillful. Condi actually seems weaker than previous due to the fact though.

Wow, seriously? Dude condi builds are dishing out so much condi it is crazy. The damage is much higher than before.

And as OP said, ppl are melting left and right…. went with a tanky bruiser build I was literally dragging my team down due to how fast I died.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Damage is so high that Knights Amulet makes zero difference in kill speed. Mesmers and Theives are totally OP right now.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Idk how more skillful it is when theres not even time to bait out dodges. Smash few skills on keyboard, win. SKillful indeed for faceroll people maybe. All i do is casting JI on medi guard out of nowhere and 1 shot people. Kitten im so skillful

obey me

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Shrubsy.9720

Wow, seriously? Dude condi builds are dishing out so much condi it is crazy. The damage is much higher than before.

And as OP said, ppl are melting left and right…. went with a tanky bruiser build I was literally dragging my team down due to how fast I died.

I don’t know, condi seems weak. I haven’t tried running it myself, but running zerker and cele engis I’ve absolutely destroyed all condi engis I’ve come across. As it is, condi builds seem more like a nuisance than anything else. Burst ’am and move on.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

True, I just saw a zerk guardian go from 80% to 0% by a zerk lich attacking. He went straight to 0, not even go down a bunch and then 0, no. Straight up 0.

But I have seem some condi bursts and those were scary. Not all classes are able to pull that off, but I saw some good condi engies and condi mesmers out there. Mesmers are particularly scary due to their good dodge ability and ability to ramp up high amounts of stacks.

Edit: I guess the problem is as you said it. Everything dying so fast that zerk seems stronger because you melt ppl faster. But this new patch ruined tanky builds and we need something to help address that. Good thing that ANET already acknowledged that and is probably going to look into it soon – some changes have already been made.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Tanky builds work as usual…just now you can’t stack protection/toughness and go take a walk in the park like before…right now shoutbow, engies and the rest need to actually dodge the damage…finally

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

True, I just saw a zerk guardian go from 80% to 0% by a zerk lich attacking. He went straight to 0, not even go down a bunch and then 0, no. Straight up 0.

But I have seem some condi bursts and those were scary. Not all classes are able to pull that off, but I saw some good condi engies and condi mesmers out there. Mesmers are particularly scary due to their good dodge ability and ability to ramp up high amounts of stacks.

Edit: I guess the problem is as you said it. Everything dying so fast that zerk seems stronger because you melt ppl faster. But this new patch ruined tanky builds and we need something to help address that. Good thing that ANET already acknowledged that and is probably going to look into it soon – some changes have already been made.

I rather this than the celestial meta, tbh.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Damagewise it got kind of ridiculous.
Running a tanky amulet or not make sonly minimum difference as it seems. A friend and I tested (though I admit the tests weren´t too excessive) mesmeer burst on engineer with soldiers amulet, cele and marauder. Just the usualy shatter mesmer burst combo, nothing fancy:
1 Shatter and Marauder was downed or very low. On Cele 2k life left and on soldiers 4.5k.
Admittedly, the tests were veeeery rough and not exact at all (because of some defensive traits, runes etc) but tanky amuletts seem to be not as useful as they used to be o.o
Though I take that with a grain of salt, the meta is only 1 day old…

Also…. yup, who sees first, bursts first, wins. Almost every class can now dish out ridiculous burst tah could bfore never be thought of in pvp… (okayokay 100nades engi used to be a thing… used to… I tell ya the burst is back! xD)

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I’m surviving just fine playing Celestial D/D!

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Running a tanky amulet or not make sonly minimum difference as it seems. A friend and I tested (though I admit the tests weren´t too excessive) mesmeer burst on engineer with soldiers amulet, cele and marauder. Just the usualy shatter mesmer burst combo, nothing fancy:
1 Shatter and Marauder was downed or very low. On Cele 2k life left and on soldiers 4.5k.
Admittedly, the tests were veeeery rough and not exact at all (because of some defensive traits, runes etc) but tanky amuletts seem to be not as useful as they used to be o.o

Also…. yup, who sees first, bursts first, wins. Almost every class can now dish out ridiculous burst tah could bfore never be thought of in pvp… (okayokay 100nades engi used to be a thing… used to… I tell ya the burst is back! xD)

And before an engi was able to facetank damage from anything but two above average DPS users and that was even more BS.

If i’d have to put this in numbers:

-Before damage was 3 and defense was 7
-Now damage is 8 and defense is 4
-Now the devs should not nerf the damage to 4 , they should limit it to 6, this to maintain a healthy balance between fun and gameplay

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

And before an engi was able to facetank damage from anything but two above average DPS users and that was even more BS.

-Now the devs should not nerf the damage to 4 , they should limit it to 6, this to maintain a healthy balance between fun and gameplay

Actually I´m not talking engineer explicitely. As I said the test was just me standing there and him shattering. The class taking the shatter could have been anyone with a 15k base hp pool.
And as I´ve answered in your other post. The burst itself is fine. Just certain sigils make it less skillbased (whereas skillbased play with as little as possible uncalculated factors is mandatory in a bursty meta), which tips the scales of damage (as in your example) from 6 to 8

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

in spvp stability really is becoming the most valuable tool not to get cc locked or constantly dazed by all the 1 shoot mesmers and thieves coming out of perma stealth.

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I played p/p rabid engi for one match to embrace the cheese, and the whole time I was being focused by an enemy terrormancer, and I even got into 1v1s with a burn condi guardian that got like 15 stacks of burn on me, and rabid engis have very poor conditionr reomoval compared to most other condition dps specs. I melted in 5-6 seconds.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Zunami.8560

Zunami.8560

This is just untrue, Cele engi was known to be one of the worst builds for 2v1. It was a 1v1 build and zerker classes still burnt them down fast. Most the people playing engi didn’t even try to kill anyone. They just ran around spamming CC and running away unless it was 1 on 1.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Damage went up but damage-mitigation did not… this is not right lol

Stella Truth Seeker

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

I was fighting a shatter mesmer with rabid engi, and the toughness from amulet did not even make any difference. I took the entire shatter burst (l2dodge) and it basically one shot me. I am all for power increase but getting one shot with a decent amount of toughness doesn’t feel right… xD

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Damage is quite high, you’ll need to build somewhat defensively in PvP. Though I do feel like you don’t have to build quite as defensively anymore as before the patch, which is refreshing. It’s nice to be able to pick more offensive traits too.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

(edited by Shockwave.1230)

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I like it better this way…much much better than watching shoutbow and cele engis with vamp eat damage and kite for days in fire field/throwing nades behind.
this is just the kind of fun I wanted to have….the anticipation and feeling of danger keeping you on your toes watching closely

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

I have to agree on this. Spent the night one-shotting and getting one-shotted… Wasn’t really fun TBH gg wp Anet… Off to play some ESO now

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I have to agree on this. Spent the night one-shotting and getting one-shotted… Wasn’t really fun TBH gg wp Anet… Off to play some ESO now

You seem to need advice. How about:

• put on a different amulet than Berzerker? I heard Marauder is working pretty well
  • specs on conditions cleanse/more defense. The only people I saw that got one shot are the ones that played the old way, without speccing for defense.

Time has changed. Without defensive traits, you won’t survive long. You can take the risk, and that’s great. But don’t complain that you got one shot. Long is gone the day people can 1v2, nor surviving well with just a Berserker amulet

Overall, this patch is awesome in term of balance! Good luck and have fun!

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Anyone trying to say this is anything close to balanced is only kidding themselves.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This damage would be fine for a FPS game in which there’s few skills. Just 2-3 weapons and 1-2 attacks with each, and mapos designed with positioning in mind. With more corridors and obstacles.

For a game with 10 base skills and so many factors, and maps filled with huge open spaces and barely any cover, less than 3 seconds for a single character to take down another is too much.

What’s the point of having 35 skills available if someone can come from stealth and take you down before you can hit the stun breaker in 3/4 of a second?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

If you think damage is too high in spvp/tpvp, then try WvWvW at busy hours in top tiers! WvWvW has much higher gear stats, guard leech from the guards, borderland bloodlust, consumables and allows more rune combinations. I feel that the dmg in WvWvW is roughly twice as big compared to spvp, yet the dmg mitigation is only maybe 10-20% better.

The damage in WvWvW is plain crazy. I play a balanaced hybrid character and I was able to take down enemy in less than 2 seconds. Many fights are over before you can sneeze.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

the dps is high atm, cuz everyone is running full DMG…. The meta will even out, especially in competetive play, cuz there are very strong defensive options as well (Shoutguard with clerics, Shoutbow, Water/Arcane/Earth-Ele etc.)

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

For a game with 10 base skills and so many factors, and maps filled with huge open spaces and barely any cover, less than 3 seconds for a single character to take down another is too much.

If you can’t even get yourself over the full berserker mindset, then don’t expect people to give you sympathy for your die-in-3-secs problem. You shouldn’t die to another player within 3s. If it’s a big 5v5 teamfight, then use position. Don’t just jump into the middle of the combat and complains you die in 3s.

Look at games like LoL/Dota, if you jump into an 1v3 ambush, expect to die instantly. The age of bunker poking each other for 15 minutes is gone, and I’m glad that it’s gone. The new combat is more fluid and more fun.

Adapt.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Adapt.

You cannot “adapt” against a build that can take down a full bunker warrior in less time than it takes to press a stun breaker to begin reacting at all.

And don’t come tell me there’s nothing broken when devs themlseves are saying they have already noticed several of the broken things.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

the dps is high atm, cuz everyone is running full DMG…. The meta will even out, especially in competetive play, cuz there are very strong defensive options as well (Shoutguard with clerics, Shoutbow, Water/Arcane/Earth-Ele etc.)

People don’t traditionally run full dmg in WvW yet I see a post about the dmg changes above yours. Something is off.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

You cannot “adapt” against a build that can take down a full bunker warrior in less time than it takes to press a stun breaker to begin reacting at all.

I’m curious what profession and build you play.

I’m a marauder Thief, and the only time I get insta-killed is when two or three enemies focus on me… or I jump into an AoE battle when I shouldn’t. Then again, I’ve only really ever played a thief, so maybe my reflexes have had to get faster.

Indeed, no sarcasm meant at all, but if you want to improve your reflexes and change the way you think, try out a thief. When you get accustomed to it, everything else feels like it’s in slow-motion.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

[…]

Adapt.

I hardly can take your argument seriously when you said you can take down a full bunker warriors in less time to press a stun breaker. Let’s give you some leeway and say it takes you 3s to press the stun break button. Now, give me a build that can kill a bunker warrior in 3s.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

People are just exploding now. It’s insane.

Burning is out of control…. not just burning but damage of all sorts. I find even my own damage is crazy, but if anyone gets the jump on me I stand no chance at all.

GJ Anet… seriously you guys need to reconsider… all sorts of things.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Shrubsy.9720

I love it. PvP has become a test of skill as opposed to a test of patience.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

MithranArkanere.8957

Roshambo is not a test of skill. Whoever hits first wins. This means latency and teleports win over attrition and skill.

PvP should be like a waltz. 1,2,3; 12,3. Instead, it’s just a single finale note “ta-da!”.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

everyone has become a glass cannon. so much for build diversity.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Shrubsy.9720

Roshambo is not a test of skill. Whoever hits first wins. This means latency and teleports win over attrition and skill.

PvP should be like a waltz. 1,2,3; 12,3. Instead, it’s just a single finale note “ta-da!”.

If you or your opponent are dying , first move, every time… That’s a learn to play issue. At minimum, you have two dodges. In reality, every class has a large variety of defensive options. Skilled vs skilled actually is a waltz now. A beautiful one. Instead of a clumsy one, where screw ups go largely unpunished.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

People are forgetting that when a new balance patch happens, you are not going to run the most optimal (boring) build. People want to test how far their dps goes, so obviously many classes are running burst at the moment (and for some cases condi burst). Nobody knows what the meta is because people are still trying to find what is good in a team setting. Just because a specific build destroys you 1v1 doesn’t make it universally overpowered or if a specific build lives in a teamfight doesn’t make it broken. If you look at it from a strictly conquest gamemode, the only thing that matters is team synergy which triumphs in this format.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Gideon Ravenor.5603

Gideon Ravenor.5603

‘Damage is way to high’ – I have to agree.
It seems damage received a major buff whilst defence/sustain remained fairly similar or was, in some cases, reduced.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Theres no healing in the game which can save you now.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Build more defensively.

Nice one.
But building more defensively doesn’t help much when you get nuked for ~25k by stealthed kittens ;P

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Jelle.2807

Jelle.2807

Damage numbers have been buffed to the point it breaks the system it was designed for? Huh, who’d have guessed power creep could do that.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

After a few matches I kinda hope they didn’t patch the zerker amulet.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Its super fun! To run a “bunker” or “tank” you actually need to run some tanky amulet, cele, soldiers, whatever Instead of just running cele and doing massive dmg while being neigh unkillable. I defintely like it much more. Something they MIGHT have to look into doing is add the tanky amulets they were scared of adding before, such as:

Healing Power, toughness, vitality.
Vitalty, Healingpower, Toughness

…and so on. That might work now in bunker builds. AH guardian with 1200 HP Yumm.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This game has lost the little skill it had left imo. I’ll play and have fun. But this is the end of any competitive play this game had left. There is no skill at all. For example, one auto attack from an engineer can inflict around 8 stacks of bleed and 4 burns and other condis. Where is the skill and counter play to this? The only way to avoid damage reliably is to never get hit. Which is not viable because auto attacks happen all the time. Auto attacks doing 12k are not a good thing

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

This game has lost the little skill it had left imo. I’ll play and have fun. But this is the end of any competitive play this game had left. There is no skill at all. For example, one auto attack from an engineer can inflict around 8 stacks of bleed and 4 burns and other condis. Where is the skill and counter play to this? The only way to avoid damage reliably is to never get hit. Which is not viable because auto attacks happen all the time. Auto attacks doing 12k are not a good thing

This is because of sigil procs and rune procs. Post your opinion in my thread i just made!

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I haven’t tried a bunker spec post patch but those should be stronger as well…are you sure it’s not just most are running mostly damage specs.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Damage is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I love it when something is seriously broken and some people defend that by saying “It is just a learn to play issue”.

Of course many professions got their defenses buffed, but in general to a much lesser degree than the offense has been increased. In the WvWvW roaming, the conditions were already out of control before the patch, because of + 40 / -40 condition duration consumables, perplexity runes, sinister armor etc. Now it is even worse. Fights should be more about proper positioning, feints etc. than merely a reaction test, who manages to land the attack first. There is simply too much condition reapplication from passive traits, AoE, sigils, runes etc. to cleanse them even as a trooper rune shoutbow warrior (not to mention as playing an engineer, conditions are really engi’s Achilles’ heel). Direct damage is also out of control, 5k+ auto attack from 1200+ range, warrior’s eviscerate hitting twice as hard as backstab.

Plan to Fix Things:

Arenanet must immediately balance the most problematic runes and sigils: strenght/hoelbrak/pack/balthazar/perplexity/krait runes and fire/air/energy/intelligence/doom/geomancy sigils (and similar)
Also limit the duration of stealth to 8 seconds (longer stealth than this is not needed in a skill based game as it just creates player aggravation and too easy way to reset fights).

After that they should analyze the traits and skill used after this patch and do adjustments to tone down the most overused and problematic combinations. This should happen in a 1 month time frame. Players hate to wait 1+ years to see things fixed.

Then Arenanet must address these issues:
1) communication towards the player base (especially in the WvWvW section, which more or less any dev attention, already for 1.5 years!)
2) separate solo and team (premade) queue
3) create functional MMR based leader boards (current leaderboards are frozen and don’t reflect player skill)

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)