Default character models for unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

This default models idea was great but the thing i dont understand is why do you still force people not to use it in custom arenas and unranked? Fightning against asuras is just as annoying there as in ranked arenas.
I know it is possible to use it in custom arenas but only if the owner allows it. needless to say they play asuras if it isnt enabled
why asuras are annoying in pvp:
-their animations are tiny and different. their dodge roll looks like an eviscerate
-with all the clutter and other players it has happened to me that i couldnt even see an asura finishing me because he was standing inside a norn. #permastealth
-plague circle is bigger than as it looks, etc etc

Please let us play with default models (maybe even in wvw?)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Honestly the default models in ranked has reduced the asura population in PvP so drastically that even in unranked pretty much everyone is human from my experience.

in PvP

Kicker.8203

Honestly the default models in ranked has reduced the asura population in PvP so drastically that even in unranked pretty much everyone is human from my experience.

lol not at all. often times the whole enemy team consists of only asuras

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

Anet makes money on skins. Mb this is a reason? Anet need money sources. But if it is not big deal (spvp skins money wise vs attractiveness of better pvp) I prefer standrt models

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Unranked is meant to be a bit more casual, and I suppose it’s not enable to let people show off their unique looks. It’s not a big deal anymore imo, because most people play human since the standard model was proved by the discovery of the Higgs boson in 2013. Wait what?

in PvP

Kicker.8203

most people play human since the standard model was proved by the discovery of the Higgs boson in 2013. Wait what?

Asura is still the second most popular race after human, but doesnt matter coz noone should have this advantage. its still forcing ppl to play asuras when they dont even like the race

in PvP

Kicker.8203

Anet makes money on skins. Mb this is a reason? Anet need money sources. But if it is not big deal (spvp skins money wise vs attractiveness of better pvp) I prefer standrt models

Good point but who told them to make all characters the same? Transforming just the asuras into humans would solve the problem. Types of armor, weapons and coloring could have stayed as it was. The only weapons that are op are some legendaries because for necro for example they make all the projectiles look the same

in PvP

Kicker.8203

In the mists and in matches, ppl who have it turned off, teammates and spectators still see your true form… I think PvP is more about showing off your skill than ur looks anyways. If u want to show off ur looks u can go anywhere else…

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

In the mists and in matches, ppl who have it turned off, teammates and spectators still see your true form… I think PvP is more about showing off your skill than ur looks anyways. If u want to show off ur looks u can go anywhere else…

this.

+1 to the idea

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

Good point but who told them to make all characters the same? Transforming just the asuras into humans would solve the problem. Types of armor, weapons and coloring could have stayed as it was. The only weapons that are op are some legendaries because for necro for example they make all the projectiles look the same

I think for fair pvp skins should standard too. But this idea make sense as intervening step to be realized in practice and unranked imo