EVERY class needs a solid escape move

in PvP

Posted by: paShadoWn.5723

paShadoWn.5723

Why properly built thief, ele and mes are unkillable by anything short of a mistake and the rest of the classes are free stomps?

Guard teleports are for some reason targeted or conditional, necro wurm can be killed and ghostwalk is very long cd, war haves some pretty short jump, rev and engi i think have nothing at all.

Isnt it kinda malevolent to foster a cannibalistic bloodlust and suicidal stupidity by purposefully nurfing means of escape?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Engie has an amazing escape move with auto proccing elixir S and Sneak Gyro.

I hardly ever die in PvP when im on my Scrapper even in outnumbered situations.

Guard is terrible by design according to ANET, guards are not allowed to escape.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

He means in downed state.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

guards are not allowed to escape.

Heh i run away anyway but i have to ditch my team earlier because of my poor moves.

Not gonna commit a suicide because someone not allows something lol.

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

dude necro wurm is my favorite skill by FAR on necro. I cannot count the amount of times it saved me from being focused and because of that winning the teamfight.

D/F ele

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

Yees but on open map you cant hide it and any smart thief will shank it before shanking you.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Why don’t we make all classes the same? Some having different strengths and abilities is so unfair.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

The thief and mesmer builds that require these utilities do so because neither are capable of facetanking damage in teamfights.

The only mesmer build that can facetank (what remains of bunker/support) doesn’t use these escape skills anyway, so the point is moot.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

All classes should NOT be the same.

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

The thief and mesmer builds that require these utilities do so because neither are capable of facetanking damage in teamfights.

The only mesmer build that can facetank (what remains of bunker/support) doesn’t use these escape skills anyway, so the point is moot.

Pleaseeeeeee.

Thief has so many get out of jail free cards it isn’t funny.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Pleaseeeeeee.

Thief has so many get out of jail free cards it isn’t funny.

He said they couldn’t facetank damage, which is true. What exactly is the pleeeeeeease for? Also other classes have even more of “get out of jail free cards” they just look different (i.e. they don’t involve running away).

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

When other classes become as squishy as dps mes and thief, surrreee…. But trust me, you won’t like it.

Take most immobile class: necro. They would have to give up passives, high HP, constant weakness, some of chills/immobs/cripple/fears/torment, some of the healing and leeching and would have to completely give up pets and death shroud.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Every profession should have their own methods to get out of danger.

Not every build should have a method to avoid damage at all. Specially those that can dish out more damage.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Health pool, different utility skills, different weapon skills, different f skills. That is why.

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Placing ele with thief and talks about escape skills? lol

Different classes has different ways to contribute to a game and there is a reason why mesmer and thieves mainly run as roamer – they can’t contribute as much in a teamfight compare to other classes other than some niche builds. You can escape on basically most class if you spec for it, if you don’t spec for it then why complain about escapes?

Warrior? GS 3 + 5, pop resistance and stability if you’re not confident
Rev? Riposting Shadows and Surge of the Mists is a common combination that giving you 1000+ distance without a single chance of interrupt
Engi? Stealth gyro and no one can stop you
Ranger? Celestial form stealth and superspeed and smokescale blast
Thief? Stealth and shortbow duh
Ele? FGS is the only reliable one to draw distance but no one spec that anymore
Mesmer? Stealth, phase retreat and blink. Might I add very few still uses stealth.

Even guardian can escape if you want to spec for it. I know runes of trappers is not optimal in teamfight but superspeed can give you more than enough distance if you commit to escape.
Necro is the only one that can really complain, but it does have 1200 distance wurm that you can pop in teamfight if you feel like you can’t handle it.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

I did an extensive research on escaping with a guard and the only method that seems to work is to escape before even walking close to engage. Because jogging with the swiftness and spamming multiple blocks and heals and wall from staff works to some degree but more often than not it only delays the inevitable.

Compare to mesmer who can pop tp, stealth, condi cleanse, mirror and aegis in 2 clicks aka complete invulnerability. When i made my mes called Unkillable Runaway i wasnt kidding, he only died to the pack of three teefs and a few cases of stupidity.

And superspeed is a joke, to notice its effect you need to run for like ten seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Compare to mesmer who can pop tp, stealth, condi cleanse, mirror and aegis in 2 clicks aka complete invulnerability.

Wrap it up folks, I think we’ve identified the problem.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

Do you even play sPvP at all Vic? If yes you should know the difference between an instant 1-2 click and typing a small novella combination, especially when panicked.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Engineer has plenty of escape skills: Throw Elixir S, Sneak Gyro, Rocket Boots, EG#4 (kinda). I’ve been playing engi in WvW roaming for a long time, and they are really useful there. It’s just that in pvp, the meta engi build is supposed to be a point holder and doesn’t need to run away that much.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

Yeah i am kinda ignorant on engi. The point about guard, rev and to some degree necro still stands.

After i examined the rev, all he haves is a short dash on demon amiright?

So essentially all i ask is to make JI and MI unconditionally ground target, and wraith walk with its uber long cd might as well be invulnerability.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

The problem that I feel exists is the thief stealth skill has, at least IMO, about 0.5 too short a cooldown. Assuming that the stomp isn’t 100% instant on down and the thief doesn’t instantly teleport when downed, they can wait for a stomp, teleport, then wait for a stomp AND STEALTH. Yes, if the thief can do a terrain shadowstep while downed they deserve to get the stealth off, but they can reliably get their 3rd downed skill off which no other class can do.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

The ‘real’ problem is, why the thought of your victim escaping irritates you?
You still get the blood and spirit by beating him down so why not let him live?

I am kidding i know the answer you just want ez kills.

But thing is, arena is not supposed to be ez kills, it is supposed to be a challenge, for ez kills go grind moas or something.

(edited by paShadoWn.5723)

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

I am a true Veteran of HotS (2400 games); my main is Zeratul; his basic ability is Blink on pretty short cooldown. I still die like a fly when i screw position.

Also, get a report.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

I am a true Veteran of HotS (2400 games); my main is Zeratul; his basic ability is Blink on pretty short cooldown. I still die like a fly when i screw position.

blahblah

what you say basicly: you play one of the most sqishyest classes of HotS (something like pre HoT dp thif) and you die if you port into a kitten.
??? i dont see how is this relevant in terms of your suggestion.

Guard teleports are for some reason targeted or conditional, necro wurm can be killed and ghostwalk is very long cd, war haves some pretty short jump, rev and engi i think have nothing at all.

these classes have brutally tanky meta specs in gw2 with many on demand mitigations.
go give brusiers mobility and positioning tools and welcome the new DD-eles. Splended idea. Guess pvp isnt forgiving enough in it’s state, we have to dumb it down even more. I dont really get how ppl like you can even come up with suggestions like this, not that you would post it on the forums.

EDIT: also LMAO at reve not having enough escape moves :’DDDDD

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

What you do basically: you type total BS and say “you said it”.
Hmm let me try to imitate you: what you say basic[AL, dyslexical noob]ly is that you dont play PvP at all and farm moas in Queensdale for a living.

Anyway, i withdraw my point on guard as i have found you can wings on ground if you clear target first. And about the rest i do not care.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

One reason why I don’t like slow tanky characters is if you’re engaged you need to stick to the fight since your disengage is weak whereas you’re easy to initiate against and/or leave. If such a class had too good of an escape it’d be overpowered. Sometimes you want to do something else somewhere else, but a fight finds you so you need to commit to that fight. This applies to PvP as much as PvE too.

in PvP

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

all classes should have total escape modes removed

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

^ this guy should be removed

I have just successfully tested a fast uber tanky M/S DH and it is totally unkillable by anything short of stupidity, and disengage with Wings works quite well so i say this thread is concluded.