Eles are pointless in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I’ve criticized warrior before for becoming a gimmick profession, and while that is true, they are at least playable and can provide a lot of stuns. Not great, but no terrible.

Honestly, I can’t think of anything ele is good at right now, they have the vitality of a guardian, but remove the reliable damage, toughness and blocks and we are left with a profession that has very poor base stats with little options of survivability.

In dueling rooms they can be ok, but in an actual match the moment you get focused you will feel that lower vitality and toughness. I’m all for removing the celestial amulet and glad it’s gone, but that thing was their life support. They needed the base stats because they had to be ok at everything to compensate for low health and toughness and was not given anything new to transition to the fresh air side.

If they really want to steer away from ele being the jack of all trades, give them more health/toughness/healing power idk something to bump it up, what they have now is just not enough. Try to see how long you last with 1888 toughness against marauder Thief/DH/Scrapper/Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

Guess what, you know what you will get before any season ranked game from your teammates? “Switch plz”
Thats all i’ve recieved in an entire season playing warrior, from ele and druid “proplayers”.
Adapt to that, i can already tell you that if you gonna play ele in ranked the next season, you will probably get close to my worst ingame experience i had last season. Enjoy it! You can now feel the warrior’s pain^^

Oh and back in topic, yes actualy warriors are more usefull than elementalist XD XD

in PvP

Posted by: Enoreth.6742

Enoreth.6742

The “ur turn” answer, is so constructive …..

Requïem – Thief | Elyka Aldwick – Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Idk.. idk, u watch @gamingwithstorm last night, and he got wreck by a zerker ele in a 2 vs 2. And then again, I have seen good ele on the battlefield.. so idk idk

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

No more useless then plenty of other classes if we want to use the old optimum versus everything else. Thief useless, Guardian useless, and Warrior useless as well.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Thing is that there’s no ele build that carries players by itself atm.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Ah, so you ele still want to be OP??

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Ah, so you ele still want to be OP??

On the contrary, I am happy with the current state of ele… saying this often gets some hate for ele vocals asking for buffs but can’t be helped, … strategic thinking would be good that most people that used to be carried by previous famous build leaves the class so it becomes unpopular that way less counters will be around.

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

omg, that is so much the case!!!! hate so much when that happens, I even think some ranger watched that video, … he came at the very last second and gave me the gw2 version of t-bag … >.> ….

+1

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Nope – Ele is pretty sick actually. Try this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodn0XCNYi9XCWYCcYilNAzdv+XPsErgLwIY4BEAKgA-TJRIABzeCAwZ/BAeAAGVGAA

By far highest support (boons, condi-removal, auras, healing numbers) and unkillable in a 1v1.

I saw this build from tons of competetive players and smaller tournaments and I thought it would suck as well, but it’s insane. Yes, you have no DMG, but in all other aspects, it’s pretty much godlike.

Also, reapers won’t do anything to this build.

*Edit: It’s actually that good, that I’ve seen quite a few ESL-players that normally don’t play Ele practice it, likely for the upcoming season finale. Not gonna drop names though, since they helped me with the build and I don’t wanna spoil any teams strategies.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodn0XCNYi9XCWYCcYilNAzdv+XPsErgLwIY4BEAKgA-TJRIABzeCAwZ/BAeAAGVGAA

By far highest support (boons, condi-removal, auras, healing numbers) and unkillable in a 1v1.

I saw this build from tons of competetive players and smaller tournaments and I thought it would suck as well, but it’s insane. Yes, you have no DMG, but in all other aspects, it’s pretty much godlike.

*Edit: It’s actually that good, that I’ve seen quite a few ESL-players that normally don’t play Ele practice it, likely for the upcoming season finale.

Not gonna happen, just a tryhard attempt to keep elementalist alive, you should find some build to dont get easily rekt, but thats all.

That build sounds pretty exciting btw

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

You can add Mesmer to that list as well…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

*Edit: It’s actually that good, that I’ve seen quite a few ESL-players that normally don’t play Ele practice it, likely for the upcoming season finale.

Not gonna happen, just a tryhard attempt to keep elementalist alive, you should find some build to dont get easily rekt, but thats all.

Heavily doubt it, regarding the fact that I’ve seen players that normally don’t play ele at all practicing the build. I’ve also seen it in smaller US-tournaments.

Yes, it certainly has sth. to do with the fact that they can’t use 2 engi’s, 2 revs and 1 reaper (no class-stacking in ESL), so the build probably isn’t Top-3, but it’s IMHO pretty close to it in the right composition.

But if you don’t believe me, w8 until the season finale where every team is gonna run one of these eles, guaranteed. :P

*Edit: Here’s what the ideal team will look like btw: (It will only differ cuz of personal preference of the players. Like ROM will play a Druid or Toker a Thief – there’s some wiggle-room, but this will likely be the best comp.)

1x Scrapper (paladin, hoelbrak)
1x Reaper (merc, nightmare)
1x Tempest (cleric, soldier)
2x Rev (marauder/zerker, hoelbrak/strength/scrapper)

I’m open to take bets btw. :P

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Heavily doubt it, regarding the fact that I’ve seen players that normally don’t play ele at all practicing the build. I’ve also seen it in smaller US-tournaments.

Yes, it certainly has sth. to do with the fact that they can’t use 2 engi’s, 2 revs and 1 reaper (no class-stacking in ESL), so the build probably isn’t Top-3, but it’s IMHO pretty close to it in the right composition.

But if you don’t believe me, w8 until the season finale where every team is gonna run one of these eles, guaranteed. :P

*Edit: Here’s what the teams will look like btw:

2x Rev (marauder/zerker, hoelbrak/strength/scrapper) / maybe 1 Thief instead 2nd rev.

That was my same guess but took druid over rev

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

*Edit: Here’s what the teams will look like btw:

2x Rev (marauder/zerker, hoelbrak/strength/scrapper) / maybe 1 Thief instead 2nd rev.

That was my same guess but took druid over rev

There will be some Druids, but It’s IMHO not that good. Druid sucks in teamfights and if you take “Search and Rescue”, you are slightly better in teamfights, but worse in 1v1’s, in which druid already has a problem against reapers and scrappers. Also, because of the low stability-uptime, the druid isn’t even that good of a rezzer even if he takes Search and Rescue (be it the trait or the shout itself, or both).

Also, the 2 revs are very much needed for dps.

*Edit: I’ve spent countless hours testing out stuff, theorycrafting about the possible meta and builds and talking to good players, and the comp above seems the best so far.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

*Edit: It’s actually that good, that I’ve seen quite a few ESL-players that normally don’t play Ele practice it, likely for the upcoming season finale. Not gonna drop names though, since they helped me with the build and I don’t wanna spoil any teams strategies.

Yay, time to continue being the support b****. Exactly how I wanted to play my elementalist.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Yay, time to continue being the support b****. Exactly how I wanted to play my elementalist.

I think it’s pretty fun to play and very likely the hardest to play build in the current meta. But it’s true, I’ve tried tons of different Ele builds; some of them work, but they are just slightly weaker scrappers, this build actually has a clear role and place in the meta IMHO.

in PvP

Posted by: Azalis.5142

Azalis.5142

rofl no matter what you think that video funny as hell

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Yes. And I hope it gets nerfed.

I only play elementalist.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Ele will be meta 100%

ESL players can’t stack 2 revs for ESL rules, so druid will be in the core team.

(edited by philheat.3956)

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Yes. And I hope it gets nerfed.

I only play elementalist.

Don’t worry ele always gets nerfed so ya will get your wish

in PvP

Posted by: Jacklinger.2908

Jacklinger.2908

I’ve been playing for 3 years now and ele is my main character. I’ve never seen the class this weak in pvp before. I’ve tried my old favorite builds, recommended builds, and experimental builds, and in all cases I end up being a liability for my team. I just don’t see the point in playing spvp at all anymore because I’m causing people to lose just by showing up. I’m not interested in learning a new class so I can just be another cancer reaper, scrapper, or dragonhunter. I’m not that mad, just sad that I’m losing 1/3 of the game, maybe more if you count the similar problem with WvW though not quite as bad. So I won’t be playing spvp anymore. This isn’t a rage quit or “boycott”, just not wanting to waste other players’ time. It’s a shame because I really enjoyed spvp and wvw. I think I will do mostly dungeons and HoT content for now.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Ele will be meta 100%

ESL players can’t stack 2 revs for ESL rules, so druid will be in the core team.

I hear you can stack 1 class 2 times.

But even if you can’t stack 2 revs, I think more teams will choose thief over druid. -.-°

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Jack, try that build, I fought some eles with similar builds with my reaper (I was necro since before the reaper specializzation, I’m not a meta follower) and is really strong and really hard to counter.
If you want you can try theMender amulet (lose toughness for precision and obtain vitality) or the Sage amulet (to add to power also a lot of condition damage, but losing in defence).

That is a really good build and work really good against condition classes (if you’re good you can kill easy a reaper in 1vs1 with this insane amount of condi clean and perma protection) and also good in team fights, healing allies and surviving a lot, while still doing good damage (not the best but still good, expecially if you lose defence to obtain offence changing the amulet, but is a personal choice).

Ele will al 100% be in Meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

rofl no matter what you think that video funny as hell

Dem ele feels though. xD

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Tempest is still a heal and protection bot. Bad design of Elite Specialization, but viable.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I’ve been playing for 3 years now and ele is my main character. I’ve never seen the class this weak in pvp before. I’ve tried my old favorite builds, recommended builds, and experimental builds, and in all cases I end up being a liability for my team. I just don’t see the point in playing spvp at all anymore because I’m causing people to lose just by showing up. I’m not interested in learning a new class so I can just be another cancer reaper, scrapper, or dragonhunter. I’m not that mad, just sad that I’m losing 1/3 of the game, maybe more if you count the similar problem with WvW though not quite as bad. So I won’t be playing spvp anymore. This isn’t a rage quit or “boycott”, just not wanting to waste other players’ time. It’s a shame because I really enjoyed spvp and wvw. I think I will do mostly dungeons and HoT content for now.

Scroll up. Ele is meta tier bunker at the moment. No reason to reroll.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

The only reason this build may be seen in pvp at all, it’s because of the ESL rule that prohibits profession stacking otherwise you would see only reaper-scrappers-druid-heralds and thieves in the meta section of metabattle
This ESL rule will bring even more disaster to GW2 because unexperienced anet devs always used ESl as a way to sniff out broken stuff (class stacking) , without this now…broken specs will keep flying under the radar while UP will be considered viable alternative where really they’re used because of a rule and not their actual utility

Many are obviously happy to see a class being reduced to support bot with no dmg..but I still expect some QQ thread soon or later as some bumpkin from low MMR region fails to kill one of these bunkerbots

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

UPDATE: Sorry I kinda vanished for a few days, I have been updated ankitten ow aware of the cleric amulet aura build which is actually decent, the healing is actually really good and makes for a decent support.

My issue is that this cleric/menders build is exactly what they were trying to AVOID, they said before they wanted to make ele more offensive rather than defensive like the past cele eles and tempests. When people are still crawling back to defensive support builds instead of something like fresh air marauder being viable, it shows that ele is still flawed in that it can’t be “offensive” without healing power, vitality and toughness.

I’ve actually been having a blast with the cleric support build, but it also goes against what the original plan was. Offensive ele is still a gimmick, but at least it makes for a decent healer and I’d rather have that than nothing. I think tempest now is actually even more tanky than before despite the low health pool.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

I absolutely guarantee ele will be used on at least 2 teams in the pro league finals LAN next weekend despite the fact they’ll be allowed to use only 4 unique classes. In fact I guarantee that an ele will win the finals. Taking bets up to 500g again ty

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

UPDATE: Sorry I kinda vanished for a few days, I have been updated ankitten ow aware of the cleric amulet aura build which is actually decent, the healing is actually really good and makes for a decent support.

My issue is that this cleric/menders build is exactly what they were trying to AVOID, they said before they wanted to make ele more offensive rather than defensive like the past cele eles and tempests.

Actually, only tempest is viable as support, and tempest is intented to be a support specialization. What they wanted to avoid it’s tempest as perfect support/healer + high damage dealer. Now you can’t do both you have to make a choice.

However, I don’t know what is ele (not tempest) in the current meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

oooh eles are sad cuz they cant win anymore doing nothing all the time

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

oooh eles are sad cuz they cant win anymore doing nothing all the time

Have you actually played an ele? It has never been able to win just by sitting there unlike some.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

yo OP if you cant play ele I don’t think this is the class for you bro
ele is sick in pvp

Broski

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

ele still want to be OP.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

The only reason this build may be seen in pvp at all, it’s because of the ESL rule that prohibits profession stacking otherwise you would see only reaper-scrappers-druid-heralds and thieves in the meta section of metabattle

I used to think so too, but I’m not sure anymore, since the ele provides much needed support/condicleanse in teamfights. Also, the DMG should be enough with revs and reaper to allow a low-dps support class in the comp.

It’s possible that some teams would rather play another reaper or scrapper though, but some teams would still run an ele IMHO.

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

So you don’t die, what is the point, in a 4vs4 team fight, can you keep you team mate alive when he is focused, I don’t think so. Can you keep yourself alive in 4vs4 when you are focus fired, I don’t think so.

You don’t deal any damage so what is the purpose.

They change the name of the Ele class and call it ‘Big Circle’ this is the same staff we had 2 years ago before Cele buff, hopeless tries to make Ele work with cleric amulet, one stun lock and you will drop like stone.

I tried to use D/X to see how bad it is, I can only take it for 2 minutes, clear condi, loaded again with condi, clear condi loaded again with condi and guess what I can’t heal without healing power, drop toughness and get healing, ohhh, thief one shots me.

Only Ele I can even tolerate at the moment is S/F FA because he does not have to eat all meaningless AOE condi spam on melee range.

D/X versions without toughness/vitality/healing are no-go.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

So you don’t die, what is the point, in a 4vs4 team fight, can you keep you team mate alive when he is focused, I don’t think so. Can you keep yourself alive in 4vs4 when you are focus fired, I don’t think so.

You don’t deal any damage so what is the purpose.

They change the name of the Ele class and call it ‘Big Circle’ this is the same staff we had 2 years ago before Cele buff, hopeless tries to make Ele work with cleric amulet, one stun lock and you will drop like stone.

I tried to use D/X to see how bad it is, I can only take it for 2 minutes, clear condi, loaded again with condi, clear condi loaded again with condi and guess what I can’t heal without healing power, drop toughness and get healing, ohhh, thief one shots me.

Only Ele I can even tolerate at the moment is S/F FA because he does not have to eat all meaningless AOE condi spam on melee range.

D/X versions without toughness/vitality/healing are no-go.

Well, you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

A good cleric-ele can in fact heal against spikes and put out healing numbers, condi-cleanses, protection and auras to a degree where it easily makes up for the lack of dps.

FA is pretty bad and won’t see any competetive play at all. The D/F clerics builds is literally the only build that works in the current meta with scrappers, reapers, revs and the cleric-ele itself.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Any team right now that can’t kill an Ele in a focus fire is not ESL material.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Any team right now that can’t kill an Ele in a focus fire is not ESL material.

Any Ele that is bad enough to simply get focused down so easily is not ESL material either.

Also, any teammates of the ele that don’t know how to relieve pressure from the ele and to apply counterpressure aren’t ESL material either.

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

The suggested build is bad, it does not work. That is not a support build at all.

Yes, it removes conditions with shouts, but the cooldown on shouts can not provide elementalist the status of support.

Choosing Cleric or Mender amulets can not provide status of support to ele, because all that healing (from major stats) goes mostly to self healing, not party healing, therefore… no support in healing.

In best case scenario (build provided) an elementalist is a selfish bunker with 29 useless spells for himself to troll around on a point.

Have fun.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

The suggested build is bad, it does not work. That is not a support build at all.

Yes, it removes conditions with shouts, but the cooldown on shouts can not provide elementalist the status of support.

Choosing Cleric or Mender amulets can not provide status of support to ele, because all that healing (from major stats) goes mostly to self healing, not party healing, therefore… no support in healing.

In best case scenario (build provided) an elementalist is a selfish bunker with 29 useless spells for himself to troll around on a point.

Have fun.

Wrong on so many levels…. Just w8 till the league finals, I’ve already talked to many top-players and they all said that their team is definitely gonna run a D/F clerics-ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Have fun.

Wrong on so many levels…. Just w8 till the league finals, I’ve already talked to many top-players and they all said that their team is definitely gonna run a D/F clerics-ele.

We shall see about that…

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Have fun.

Maybe D/F cleric or mender but if top level teams use that spec it will be with aura share which your build doesn’t have. Your build is not a team build.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

As an ele main, i honestly hope our support build gets nerfed into oblivion. I hate, hate, hate, playing support with a burning passion and severely resent that’s what ele has been reduced to. That’s not what i signed up for when i made my ele. I picked the class that I assumed would be the high damage nuker, based on the description of ele when you create one. I don’t enjoy playing a buff bot. So i hope they destroy our support so its no longer viable at all and give us a viable damage build. im so sick of the boring bunker playstyle and want to see it disappear forever.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Have fun.

Maybe D/F cleric or mender but if top level teams use that spec it will be with aura share which your build doesn’t have. Your build is not a team build.

aura share depends on your comp and your opponents comp. Some might run aura-share, some might run condi-cleanse. But in the current meta in top-teams, aurashare is probably more likely, true.

If you look at soloQ or sth. though with 3+ reapers per team, condi-cleanse is better. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Have fun.

What exactly is your objective? I see no reason behind this continuous discussion, it’s clear to me and other that nobody signed GW2 with the intention of playing a monk

It seems that you’re trying to convince others that ele is fine as concept because they can “play” a trolling healing build…sorry nobody will accept that, save those who like to see you down on your knees

I’d rather see this cleric build nerfed into oblivion and ele deleted from GW2 because me and others didn’t buy the game to play a kittening monk

So have some sensitivity and drop the discussion if not…it will appear clear that you have something else on your agenda and why you’re pushing so hard the idea of this cleric build

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

So ele is left with a good support build wich ele players don´t like …..
I tried clerics and it feels bad…. I prefer a hybrid build that do active support and preassure. Just taking the punch evadign and healing is to one dimensional. I use my hybrid in solo que and it works well. I am weak to 3+ focus fire. If i notice a coordianted team oposing me i can´t play lazy :-).

in PvP

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

Can confirm that Cleric Ele is going to be big… the only thing potentially keeping it in check is Reapers.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard