Fix the Disgusting Social Aspect of SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I’m tired of constantly encountering disgusting players with obnoxious comments for whatever reason in spvp. Can Anet plz make it so that there is no map chat in pvp matches as well as make the enemy team (and possibly your team) names hidden? So whispering isn’t possible.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

Why don’t you just stay in bed all day instead? That will take care of everything. You will never have to be exposed to anything that may offend you if you do that.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

I’m tired of constantly encountering disgusting players with obnoxious comments for whatever reason in spvp. Can Anet plz make it so that there is no map chat in pvp matches as well as make the enemy team (and possibly your team) names hidden? So whispering isn’t possible.

You have this option yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

lol Wut?

You can just hide and completely ignore your chat box if you like?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Wow dosent allow enemy faction (horde vs alliance) to talk to each other in spvp. The only conversations that comes out of this is garbage, name calling and grief, what’s the point if it’s not friendly or constructive ever?

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

It’s good to have an avenue to communicate with the other team. Don’t let a few bad players ruin it for everyone.

I know some players can be extremely rude. If you don’t like their comments, you can turn off whispers and map chat.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

lol Wut?

Awwww, but then people like me can’t call out enemy movements and coordinate as well :<

Honestly, just don’t like sour people get to you. They can push buttons all day, but they can’t push yours unless you let them.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

It’s good to have an avenue to communicate with the other team. Don’t let a few bad players ruin it for everyone.

I know some players can be extremely rude. If you don’t like their comments, you can turn off whispers and map chat.

It’s not about turning it off I want to eliminate the possibility of the enemy team identifying another player in any way sort of like how it is in wvw

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

lol Wut?

Awwww, but then people like me can’t call out enemy movements and coordinate as well :<

Honestly, just don’t like sour people get to you. They can push buttons all day, but they can’t push yours unless you let them.

I said to eliminate map chat not team chat.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Razor.9872

lol Wut?

You’re right. Interesting choice, though. From my experience most negativity originates from within my own team. The enemy rarely cares.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

It’s not about turning it off I want to eliminate the possibility of the enemy team identifying another player in any way sort of like how it is in wvw

Again, why, if you can just turn it off?

There are different reasons for wvw. You may want to organize something in your world only. It would get spammy with three teams. The are also ways to identify individual enemy players. The reason there’s no name is because it’s more important in wvw to know what team the enemy players are on, than their actual names.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

lol Wut?

You’re right. Interesting choice, though. From my experience most negativity originates from within my own team. The enemy rarely cares.

This is true which is why I suggested that there should be team chat, however, make it so your name is anonymous somehow to your team mates. Like create a name based on your rank such as Sapphire veteran1 or Ruby scout 2 if there is more than one person on your team w the same rank, you assign them a number

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Razor.9872

lol Wut?

This is true which is why I suggested that there should be team chat, however, make it so your name is anonymous somehow to your team mates. Like create a name based on your rank such as Sapphire veteran1 or Ruby scout 2 if there is more than one person on your team w the same rank, you assign them a number

That system sounds a bit too convoluted for my tastes.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: antichecker.1675

antichecker.1675

lol Wut?

Agree, it’s mostly the team that gets flamed.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I have had realy good chats with players from the other teams, if I find a player I am fighting good or bad I usually iether try to give pointers (in a good way to not offend) or I am asking about build and I praise the good player. Usually it ends that I have that player on my friend list. People just have to learn to be more calm and take the possitive with the bad stuff. I usually just block people who offend me or others and don’t care anymore. It has been more common and it is annoying yes, but being able to talk with people is a part of making friends too.

And WoW has a different PvP and compare it too WvW instead, where you can not see enemy names or speak with them.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

Just block them… its what I do

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I think having total anonymity in matches would bring about a better environment as I don’t think blocking is the solution since it’s a never ending stream of kittens and ratio wise I’d say about 95% of map chat or team chat conversations are negative, taunting or unhelpful and only very rarely 5% is it kind constructive or helpful and I play a lot of spvp.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Anet could finally start banning for flame or misbehaviour. Make it like matchmaking bans in CSGO. Make the ban stack until the kids learn.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in PvP

Posted by: Baronvonhippo.3157

Baronvonhippo.3157

lol Wut?

Be like this guy and block players that kill you 1v2 as a thief without HoT, all the while claiming that the necros that were nowhere near the fight carried you. Romericus saltiest of the salty.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Map chat really isn’t an issue in pvp, team chat is much more of an issue because players are almost always angry at their teammates rather than enemy team players. Even if map chat was disabled, people could just use say chat to do the same things. Map chat can be great in pvp too- when I am winning a blowout match and the enemy has given up with a score like 350-100 or when it is a 4v5 and again, the enemy team has given up, both teams sometimes just stand afk wherever on the map they like (nobody is playing anymore at this point) and just talk about stuff like how their league season 3 is going. I see this a lot and it allows teams to have conversations with each other when waiting for the game to finish.

Obviously this says something about the frequency of blowout matches but that is not my point, map chat can be used for members of both teams to have friendly conversations with each other so should not be disabled in pvp.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Please no. I like saying GGWP.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Most of the cross-team chat I’ve seen in game has been mostly positive, like congratulating someone on a well fought 1v1, or a “you did the best you could with what you had” when half my team runs off to who knows where and leaves the map defenseless.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

A feature like that doesn’t fit the spirit of PvP to me, the spirit of an MMO even.
Also, WvW would have names openly displayed if it was up to me.
Many people do not wish to be anonymous drones without a name or an identity.
If you do not like human interaction with ups and downs and high emotions which can lead to good but also terrible behaviour then you might reconsider your choice of game.
I know it is an unfair thing to say for someone who likes the gameplay but that is how I see it.

Why force something like this on everybody? Make a team chat only tab, block anyone who bothers you and just maybe try to be a little less sensitive about this stuff.

(edited by Henry.5713)

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Post this on reddit, people pay more attention to reddit than the forums, that’s why I decided to post my opinions about pvp toxicity on reddit.

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I have this chat tab called “stupid-free”. I think you can guess what it’s for.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Or do what i do, and report them. These people can get away with being kittens only because others only block/ignore them, but hardly anyone ever reports them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Well this topic is all over reddit and multiple threads on the forum so Yah. They could eliminate a lot of spvp toxicity by removing say and map chat in spvp matches. Again hiding name plates would reduce it considerably. Wow has done this for years since the start and nobody has ever complained it was against the spirit of pvp or that they wanted to talk to the opposing team.

If template names were used for the team chat nobody would know who to whisper after the match is over, where a lot of the griefing continues on and into the spvp lobby map chat.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I dont want total anonymity. i mostly solo or duo q and a lot of the time i partner up with someone i meet in a soloq game. If i think that person was playing well i will ask if he/she wants to duo. Usually they say yes. My pvp friend list was made by meeting people while solo queueing.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

If you don’t want to see other team’s chat, just make a special PvP tab where you disable /say and /map. If you want to also not see team chat (not advised) turn /team off. If you don’t want to be /whisp, just change your status to offline before starting PvP.

If someone want to PM some toxic message and got the answer that you can’t be joined via PM, that person won’t stalk you for days and send PM 2 days later. Having other’s name is actually the goal in SoloQ because that is a place where people should find partners for TeamQ. Can you really imagine somebody in the lobby saying " I want to find the Ele Emerald T2 I just played with to team up with him"….

And Wow never hid names in the other team, and since you can have characters from both factions on the same server, there is actually a lot of toxicity happening vie mail between alts.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This topic is triggering me. Please stop. Can we get a block/ignore function on this forum?

Attachments:

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Huh, I guess I’m lucky then. In over 10k games across 3 accounts I’ve not had a lot of games when the enemy team is being overly toxic beyond normal competitive yapping. You really do need to have thick skin to play multi-player/pvp online. Or just being online. I’m not a big fan on censorship myself. Especially when a person has the ability to stop from seeing the toxic behavior in the first place. Most MP games have an “all” chat though. At least the ones I play(mostly FPS). If running your mouth to the other team is putting them off their game, that’s on them tbh. Like someone mentioned before, you can turn off /map and whispers during the game, or just block people you find toxic. I use /map in games to find new queue partners all the time. I’d miss not having it.

Also, someone mentioned you can’t find the enemy’s name in WvW. Actually you can pretty easily. At least their acct name to whisper. Quite useful in a number of ways.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Wow dosent allow enemy faction (horde vs alliance) to talk to each other in spvp. The only conversations that comes out of this is garbage, name calling and grief, what’s the point if it’s not friendly or constructive ever?

Sorry, but you are now in gw2 and furthermore, a pvp arena. That kind of feature usually is for game mode like WvW or RvR or whatever.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

#TopPriority #UHurtMyFeelings #ICan’tTakeThisAnymore #WordsHurtMoreThanFists
#I’mNotConfidentEnough

Period

there could be a feature to clear chat like /clear that resets chat so you can get rid of gold seller spam and unwanted comments.
Thisway if someone goes nuts on you and writes a novel before you block him you could just /clear after.
Everyone happy.

in PvP

Ellie.5913

What about if they disable all visible chat and add a voice chat thing that is automatically turned on when you enter a match but is possible to turn off or mute certain people if you wish, that would solve the problem of harassment AND trying to type while you play. I think it’d work.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

there are always some spoiled brats who throw tantrums in map chat, but its not that big of a deal.

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

If the PvE kittenters that are literally only here for the legendary wings would go the kitten back to sitting in LA and waiting on their next raid, it wouldn’t be as toxic, because 99% of the worst players in the game wouldn’t be in sPvP.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Ellie.5913

If all the pvers left pvp then pvp would be totally empty, it’s already very empty compared to the way it used to be. And toxic people will be toxic no matter what, they are not only in ranked they are every where, and just enjoy being toxic, there’s no changing that, especially since you don’t really get much of a punishment for it even is some one does report you.