Goodbye Counterplay?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

This isn’t referring to the other bajillion power creep updates incoming.

Chill and cripple will no longer affect movement speed skills? What is the point of these conditions, then? NO ONE in the entire game is ever going to kill a greatsword/hammer warrior ever again. There are other problems as well.

This is a really stupid change.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

yeah, it’s dumb/

goodbye 1500 range rocket boots bby i still <3 u

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Massive necro nerf. If true. Probably biggest necro nerf since release.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Seriously, the condition changes are good, but that movement change is cringe-worthy.

Ranger//Necro

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Didn’t savage leap already bypass this anyway?

Also what are the odds they include skills like lightning reflexes, burning retreat, withdraw and such >_>

i have a hunch that some stuff will be overlooked again, like dashes from Norn elite etc.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Abissal.6975

Abissal.6975

Hey guys the Reaper will be totally slow, but chill will be enough to keep your target from escaping! ….oh wait , never mind, kitten reapers, you get to just stand there while most classes get away and kite you endlessly.

100% Dedicated to playing necro only, aka full-time masochist.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Thanks anet you just f-Ed our spec. Chill will be useless, as everyone will just leap away from the slow moving mobility lacking class with less range. Thanks anet. You really know your game. Awesome change.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

NO ONE in the entire game is ever going to kill a greatsword/hammer warrior ever again.

50g says otherwise after the patch, if this goes ahead :p

But yeah if this is correct it’s a bad change.. quite destructive really too as the property is already there…

Phaatonn, London UK

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Mixed feelings. On one hand they cant get extra range so they will always travel a set distance, other hand you can lower that distance at all.

notsure how to feel..

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

This isn’t referring to the other bajillion power creep updates incoming.

Chill and cripple will no longer affect movement speed skills? What is the point of these conditions, then? NO ONE in the entire game is ever going to kill a greatsword/hammer warrior ever again. There are other problems as well.

This is a really stupid change.

This is the first thing I thought about when I saw that change

and all I could say was

Looool GS is relevant again lets go

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

They literally removed intelligent counter play. You want to stop a warrior getting away for the 700th time? Predict when he will run and time your chill/cripple for then. Not having this counter play is really lame.

As for the other changes. Very good

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Remember when eles got the crap nerfed out of RtL because they could just “RtL out of combat, heal up, and come right back 15-20s later.” Say hello to warrior, everybody…

Honestly, I really dislike this change, as now those movement skills have almost no counterplay. You will NEVER kill a GS warrior now.

Incoming GS bunker warriors that just Rush away, heal up, and come right back….It is almost like this happened once in the past….

In other news, can I PLEASE have a reasonable CD on ele RtL? Idc if you have to nerf some of the prot or something….

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Remember when eles got the crap nerfed out of RtL because they could just “RtL out of combat, heal up, and come right back 15-20s later.” Say hello to warrior, everybody…

As a warrior main, I cannot deny that this is hilarious on both avenues.

(Those avenues being hilarious at the double standard, and hilarious in the fact that the disregard of the double standard made half the warrior weapons relevant again)

I will savage leap out of every chill AND break immobilize

I fear NOTHING except maybe medguards

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

inc before they add crazy wind up time to leap skills so you can interupt them.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

“Lower casting time of Locust Swarm warhorn skill from 1/2 second to 0 seconds(instant) to increase Necormancer’s mobility.”

:’D

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I love the condi changes actually.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

GW2’s leap skills are quite strong and easily available. Removing counterplay from them is not a good idea, unless anet also gets to nerf their CD/ functionality/ range individually.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

Honestly, I really dislike this change, as now those movement skills have almost no counterplay. You will NEVER kill a GS warrior now.

Incoming GS bunker warriors that just Rush away, heal up, and come right back….It is almost like this happened once in the past….

In other news, can I PLEASE have a reasonable CD on ele RtL? Idc if you have to nerf some of the prot or something….

pls….yes shoutbow is OP to some extent, but other warri specs needed these traitbuffs for every warri spec is completely useless atm except shoutbow (yes even hambow is a joke atm)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

They better RLT all movement skills. Or at least require them to have a target or long CD.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

They literally removed intelligent counter play. You want to stop a warrior getting away for the 700th time? Predict when he will run and time your chill/cripple for then. Not having this counter play is really lame.

As for the other changes. Very good

time your cripple/immob/chill?…..you mean spam some more…war needs this for: (again) any warri spec atm is useless except for shoutbow

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

With the warrior rush going 1200 distance. Evene if you had the max move speed difference of you swifted and them chilled it would still mean that at the end of their rush it would still take you almost 6s to catch up to them unless you used a similar movement skills.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: quBit.6437

quBit.6437

I was quite excited for the patch. Now i don’t want it anymore.

This change is probably the worst thing they ever did. First they screw with the blink skills, now this. Whats next? Remove dodge-jumping from the game?

I think pretty much noone in the community wants this change. It feels almost like what ID did to quake live a while ago. The worst.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

With the warrior rush going 1200 distance. Evene if you had the max move speed difference of you swifted and them chilled it would still mean that at the end of their rush it would still take you almost 6s to catch up to them unless you used a similar movement skills.

6 seconds?…..youre on permachill yourself then…it never takes that long to travel that distance even on just regular moevement….so he got away…..yea that’s the intention and option the warri should have like many others do. your point?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

why is everyone complaigning anyway…warri zerker specced is atm hands down the clumsiest and bad spec overall in any pvp mode…gets rekt by meta and non meta builds alike…it’s getting viable again…get over it…ps read the baseline ranger buffs….no need to bash on war already before HoT release…know new elite specs skills and option already…ow no we don’t…good chance some elite specs will trample zerker warri anyhow. also zerker stance becomes a boon…aka couterplay..just wait what happens and stop the crying…cause tbh…zerker warri needs buffs buffs and then some more buffs in it’s current state but nothing is gonna change anyway before HoT and we know not even half of what HoT will bring so……uselesssssssssss

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I don’t think even more mobility for very mobile classes is a good change.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Needed to login to +1 this.

What inspired them to think that this would be a good change? It removes counter AND proactive play. If you miss because you don’t travel far enough, due to movement impairment conditions, that’s your own fault, similar to missing a strong hitting attack due to blind.

Everything else in that blog post was fine/good, perhaps exception being that burning is now basically just bleed 2.0, unless there are some other effects.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Someone have a link?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

This change is scary. I hope they change their minds on it, however if they don’t. I do hope they lower the cooldown on rlt.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Actually this is a nerf to movement skill too.
Now their traveling distance is not affected by swiftness as well, meaning a Warrior or a Ranger will travel a much shorter distance with their movement skill. It used to work both ways, that chill and swiftness all affect the distance.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

6 seconds?…..youre on permachill yourself then…it never takes that long to travel that distance even on just regular moevement….so he got away…..yea that’s the intention and option the warri should have like many others do. your point?

Movement speed is 210 base in combat. With swiftness its about 280 and with chill they are moving at 70 units. With them 1200 range away after rush; so catch up to them to be on the same spot them moving at 70 units and you at 280 units in the same direction it will take you ~6 seconds.

The point being RtL got nerfed for this same reason so in all likelyhood rush may also have the same treatment in having its cooldown adjusted if you dont hit a target. Also it was just used as an example of movement skills and how this change will make things very different. No doubt movement skills will be looked at.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Now their traveling distance is not affected by swiftness as well, meaning a Warrior or a Ranger will travel a much shorter distance with their movement skill. It used to work both ways, that chill and swiftness all affect the distance.

And what is wrong with that? Removing counter play and pro active play is removing decision making that can allow for the player to improve and differentiate themselves.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Aomine.5012

And what is wrong with that? Removing counter play and pro active play is removing decision making that can allow for the player to improve and differentiate themselves.

My point is a good Warrior will get rid of chill with their numerous condition cleanse anyway. So they’ll keep their swiftness version of Rush and escape faster. With this change, even if they cleanse all the chill/cripple, they’d escape at a slower speed because swiftness doesn’t work, which is actually a good change.

For thief, it really doesn’t matter because shadow-step ignores all modifier and it’s instant. Sb 5 still travel faster than Heart-seeker.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

^ exactly. removing the interaction between movement skills and boons means shallower combat.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Movement speed is 210 base in combat. With swiftness its about 280 and with chill they are moving at 70 units. With them 1200 range away after rush; so catch up to them to be on the same spot them moving at 70 units and you at 280 units in the same direction it will take you ~6 seconds.

The point being RtL got nerfed for this same reason so in all likelyhood rush may also have the same treatment in having its cooldown adjusted if you dont hit a target. Also it was just used as an example of movement skills and how this change will make things very different. No doubt movement skills will be looked at.

the gs rush was never intended to be used as an escape option…that’s your assumption…also it is what zerker war needs…for it has nothing else to disengage….also rush is known to fail in an offensive way (more then any other skill in game?) i’ll say it again…atm the zerker warri (no we dont all always want to play shoutbow) is the most useless spec….as in entirely in tpvp or any pvp mode, this needs to change

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Temporal Enchanter: Glamour skills last longer. When an ally enters or Exist a glamour they will gain super speed.

Imagine super speed +

• Heart seeker
  • Rush
  • Whirlwind Attack aka Spin to win
  • Eviscerate
  • Swoop
  • Etc

Removing counter play = easier than finding solutions

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

My point is a good Warrior will get rid of chill with their numerous condition cleanse anyway. So they’ll keep their swiftness version of Rush and escape faster. With this change, even if they cleanse all the chill/cripple, they’d escape at a slower speed because swiftness doesn’t work, which is actually a good change.

For thief, it really doesn’t matter because shadow-step ignores all modifier and it’s instant. Sb 5 still travel faster than Heart-seeker.

your point a good warrior will….ok there we have it. a good warrior…lol, people are just hating before hand again….stop this please

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Aomine.5012

your point a good warrior will….ok there we have it. a good warrior…lol, people are just hating before hand again….stop this please

I actually quite like this change because my pew pew ranger can finally catch a Warrior because their swiftness does not increase their escape speed through GS or Hammer or Rampage.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I actually quite like this change because my pew pew ranger can finally catch a Warrior because their swiftness does not increase their escape speed through GS or Hammer or Rampage.

good ranger will yes good change indd…good wars will escape, good rangers can catch now…problem solved, gj Anet

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

If AOE superspeed is the reason for this then they should simply not introduce AOE superspeed.

Can’t see how it can be an issue anyway. An engineer probably has the furthest leap possible and has it destroyed the game? I don’t think so.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

If AOE superspeed is the reason for this then they should simply not introduce AOE superspeed.

obviously it’s not the only reason probably….next

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Now Necromancer just needs a new trait called “Relentless Death” that says:

When an enemy affected by your movement impairing conditions uses a movement skill the condition intensifies. (10 second ICD per target, Includes leaps/dashes/teleports)

Crippled: Applies a 2 second immobilize at the end of the skill.
Chilled: Applies a 1 second frozen stun at the end of the skill.

That’ll teach kittenes to run away from me! >:O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Can’t see how it can be an issue anyway. An engineer probably has the furthest leap possible and has it destroyed the game? I don’t think so.

It hasn’t but it allows people to reach normally unreachable places like breaking out maps.

They probably plan making super speed more accessible to more classes.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m biased on the movements skills change but I guess it’s the easy way out. Everything else seems pretty good.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This change will only be positive/ neutral if Anet nerfs how efficient leap skills are in this game. Give them higher cooldowns, lower range, target requirement, etc. If leap skills are meant not to be counterplayed by – but to counterplay chill/ cripple, then they need to be more precious. But if leap skills remain as they are, this change is basically just making GW2’s combat shallower, leaping builds more annoying to deal with, and chill/ cripple unnecessarily weaker.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Aomine.5012

This change will only be positive/ neutral if Anet nerfs how efficient leap skills are in this game. Give them higher cooldowns, lower range, target requirement, etc. If leap skills are meant not to be counterplayed by – but to counterplay chill/ cripple, then they need to be more precious. But if leap skills remain as they are, this change is basically just making GW2’s combat shallower, leaping builds more annoying to deal with, and chill/ cripple unnecessarily weaker.

They already have lower range than before because most classes can upkeep permanent swiftness.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

there have been way worse nerfs to necro than this one.

But this is indeed a dumb change. This takes away the whole idea of movement impeding conditions. WTF ANET??

Typical arena net to nerf something without giving a logical explanation.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

(edited by Jelzouki.4128)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

DH applying cripple in a group.
Reaper applying Chills to everyone.

I understand why they made this change. I’m not going to QQ until I see exactly how frustrating, or how frustrating it could have been, in certain team fight compositions. I’ll patiently hold my opinions until I experience beta myself.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

there have been way worse nerfs to necro than this one.

But this is indeed a dumb change. This takes away the whole idea of movement impeding conditions. WTF ANET??

Typical arena net to nerf something without giving a logical explanation.

explanation is as follows…it should have always been like this from the start, right now the the cripple immobalize and chill spam is massive rendering these skills quite useless (leaps)and so does blind when the leap is used offensively wich it will still do cause that’s actually considered counterplay…the immob/cripple/chill spam is no counter play it’s just cheese atm and needs to be countered wich is what Anet does also slow is being introduced shutting melee or anything from what I understand down quite abit…so you want it to be like this.. get slow and still be able spamlock targets the way we can now? no thanks, this seems like a good change…very good one. bear in mind…slow will have the activation from leaps etc slowed as well…get it?? TadaaA

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

“In order to make these skills more reliable in combat and prevent unintended behavior, we’ve normalized them so that movement-speed increases or decreases do not impact the distance traveled by your character.”

Why? Please think about what you’re doing.

Countless

Attachments: