Goodbye Counterplay?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This only is a buff to warriors and rangers basically. Guardians deserve the more mobility.

So its a stupid change which dumbs down the game completely. However, to compensate I suggest that skills on warrior like the leap on sword and the gs mobility skills have their cds bumped up a little.

Engi too have leap, on rifle, elisir Gun and Rocket boots.

And this change will affect Reaper DS #2 too.

Note that rocket boot already removes chill and cripple at the first place.
So in fact this is a nerf to Engineer because we can’t jump further through super speed or swiftness.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

snip

Well its the same thing for every other class, every medi guard is hammer now, every thief is d/p, every ele is d/d, every engi is cele rifle, every mesmer is shatter. Also, it has nothing to do with warriors not being in the meta. If my main was in the meta I would be advocating for buffs to classes that weren’t in the meta first, and builds that weren’t second (That’s the difference between you and me, I’m looking for balance not to be an overlord). Many warrior players seem to have this ego that every one of their builds should be meta, even though there are classes that have barely been represented in competitive pvp at all (aka necros for less than two months, and rangers for less than a year).

If I had to make a list of classes I think should be out of the meta first this would be it:

1) Thief (been meta since day 1)
2) Guard (^)
3,4,5) Ele, Warr and Engi (all had similar time in meta from what I remember)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

why should be ANY class be out of meta….? if anything game should make any class have decent spot in meta…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

snip

Well its the same thing for every other class, every medi guard is hammer now, every thief is d/p, every ele is d/d, every engi is cele rifle, every mesmer is shatter. Also, it has nothing to do with warriors not being in the meta. If my main was in the meta I would be advocating for buffs to classes that weren’t in the meta first, and builds that weren’t second (That’s the difference between you and me, I’m looking for balance not to be an overlord). Many warrior players seem to have this ego that every one of their builds should be meta, even though there are classes that have barely been represented in competitive pvp at all (aka necros for less than two months, and rangers for less than a year).

If I had to make a list of classes I think should be out of the meta first this would be it:

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

why should be ANY class be out of meta….? if anything game should make any class have decent spot in meta…

Do you know why thats not gonna happen right? Thieves pushes out other zerker classes cept medi guard out of the meta.

How is that gonna happen when your class is so defensive about issues on counterplay?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

Do you know why thats not gonna happen right? Thieves pushes out other zerker classes cept medi guard out of the meta.

How is that gonna happen when your class is so defensive about issues on counterplay?

- thieves don’t push other zerkers out of meta, conquest does… why? one word: moblity
- how are anet decisions and class balance are related to attitude of thief players? that is just pure flaming right here

All is Vain~

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

This isn’t referring to the other bajillion power creep updates incoming.

Chill and cripple will no longer affect movement speed skills? What is the point of these conditions, then? NO ONE in the entire game is ever going to kill a greatsword/hammer warrior ever again. There are other problems as well.

This is a really stupid change.

No bad word about condi’s unlimited stacking,but this…this hurts you,just lol.

I know its lol, but when was the last time you’ve consistently seen 25 stacks of anything other than vulnerability?

and that’s about to change…cause it’s uncapped soon…man you guys are realy…..nvm…so much no real feedback and just lame quotes cause they may sound cool…some of you guys realy just need stay away from here. realy

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Spencer.5792

Spencer.5792

One of the worst changes I have ever heard. Removing counterplay to such an integral part of PvP mechanic.

A GOOD CHANGE WOULD BE ADDING DOWNSTATE PENALTY TO PVP. It’s already in the game, but isn’t it in PvP?

(edited by Spencer.5792)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

- thieves don’t push other zerkers out of meta, conquest does… why? one word: moblity
- how are anet decisions and class balance are related to attitude of thief players? that is just pure flaming right here

no thieves do…it’s the sme in wvw roaming/duels thieves entirely outclass all other on zerker except medi guard maybe and even then only if the thief decides to stay instead of free disengage 24/7

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

no thieves do…it’s the sme in wvw roaming/duels thieves entirely outclass all other on zerker except medi guard maybe and even then only if the thief decides to stay instead of free disengage 24/7

- how? please explain
- wat? last time i checked thieves weren’t best 1v1 class actually and pvp wasn’t about 1v1

All is Vain~

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Chill and Cipple are the only 2 conditions an elementalist has to prevent a warrior from running away and rehealing.

This is such a bad change it’s unbelievable.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

in wvw roaming thieves and mesmer completely dominate and for 1v1 go to angz channel and see how thief (and mesmer) dominate there as well…not saying others can’t ever win…but yea thieves

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Chill and Cipple are the only 2 conditions an elementalist has to prevent a warrior from running away and rehealing.

This is such a bad change it’s unbelievable.

it’s not like ele is probably the fastest class in gw2….. even without cripple a warrior can’t ever keep up with ele mobilty…what are you saying?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

in wvw roaming thieves and mesmer completely dominate and for 1v1 go to angz channel and see how thief (and mesmer) dominate there as well…not saying others can’t ever win…but yea thieves

Yes chill and cripple were ways to “guess” where a thief can be when hitting blindly in air. Now they are just going to Heartseek away and shadowstep back in.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

You wanna know the real reason? In their HoT testing a bunch of bad players are complaining about the mobs being too hard and constantly crippling you. Just look at that one complaint thread on the silverwastes wolves. An embarrassment.

Anet problem solving right here.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

finaly finaly finaly they did it! was so frustrating failing my rush cuz of cripple and chill, i mean it’s already noob easy fail animation skill, but if it has to be even affected by those condi, then it will be a perma fail!!
And i dont see why my rush or sword leap or eviscerate skill should be nerfed by cripple and chill, really is skill 4 GS mesmer been affected by that, or any of the “easy cheap autotargeting impossible to fail” skills of the thief, or any other ranged skills? Really i never seen a reason for my warrior skill to be so much easy countered by these conditions, they already have worst easy to read animation of the game, if you dont dodge them or block or do something, why they should fail only because i am crippled??

Cripple and chill were not designed to interrupt movements skills or cause them to fail, they already have their main effects, they dont need a side effect that will just only hurts classes based on movements.
I mean is Necro somehow touched by these side effects like warrior? NO
Actualy cripple is spammed by so much attacks, and this is high damaging the only class that has no teleports and has to run on melee range to be effective and has to rely on movements.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Linnael.1069

finaly finaly finaly they did it! was so frustrating failing my rush cuz of cripple and chill, i mean it’s already noob easy fail animation skill, but if it has to be even affected by those condi, then it will be a perma fail!!
And i dont see why my rush or sword leap or eviscerate skill should be nerfed by cripple and chill, really is skill 4 GS mesmer been affected by that, or any of the “easy cheap autotargeting impossible to fail” skills of the thief, or any other ranged skills? Really i never seen a reason for my warrior skill to be so much easy countered by these conditions, they already have worst easy to read animation of the game, if you dont dodge them or block or do something, why they should fail only because i am crippled??

Cripple and chill were not designed to interrupt movements skills or cause them to fail, they already have their main effects, they dont need a side effect that will just only hurts classes based on movements.
Actualy cripple is spammed by so much attacks, and this is high damaging the only class that has no teleports and has to run on melee range to be effective and has to rely on movements.

Be happy friend. Arenanet is doing this change just for players like you.

I kind of want to cry.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

another +1 to intelligent community providing actuall feedback stated on fact and logical reasoning

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I kind of want to cry.

cause it’s time to git gud….for players like you…meet you in the battlefield with HoT…ill perma destroy each and everyone of you promised

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Linnael.1069

I kind of want to cry.

cause it’s time to git gud….for players like you…meet you in the battlefield with HoT…ill perma destroy each and everyone of you promised

O jesus kittening christ another one of you. I play GS warrior and acro daggers thief, you wanna kittening tell me how i’m gonna have problems in the upcoming patch?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Is Shaka serious? Holy crap. I’m so tired of the OVERWHELMING favoritism to certain classes and the motherly protection these classes are given in comparrison with the necro and ranger. I mean it is so freakin obvious that they don’t want their precious meta changed in any way. Add chill to the reaper, nerf chill. Perfect!!! Hahaha.

Why would chill affect Bulls rush or leaps, I don’t know maybe because ther kitten is frozen. The classes that benifit from this change are the classes that are already top of the meta while the classes most hurt are the lower tiers. Good job anet!

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I kind of want to cry.

O jesus kittening christ another one of you. I play GS warrior and acro daggers thief, you wanna kittening tell me how i’m gonna have problems in the upcoming patch?

youre crying tho tears tasted good…was kinda giving it away that you do

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Is Shaka serious? Holy crap. I’m so tired of the OVERWHELMING favoritism to certain classes and the motherly protection these classes are given in comparrison with the necro and ranger. I mean it is so freakin obvious that they don’t want their precious meta changed in any way. Add chill to the reaper, nerf chill. Perfect!!! Hahaha.

Why would chill affect Bulls rush or leaps, I don’t know maybe because ther kitten is frozen. The classes that benifit from this change are the classes that are already top of the meta while the classes most hurt are the lower tiers. Good job anet!

bull’s charge is a bottom tier skill…even pve you know this right….so is rush so where is this top youspeak of benefitting most of this? and someone mentioned necro getting dash, you’re ill informed and spout words meaninglessly

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Linnael.1069

I kind of want to cry.

You’re literally so out of it you don’t realize the whole thread is screaming about those specs specifically getting massive buffs. Like really how did you even manage to open up your computer.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I kind of want to cry.

You’re literally so out of it you don’t realize the whole thread is screaming about those specs specifically getting massive buffs. Like really how did you even manage to open up your computer.

they should get buffs….i’m entirely for this….and so are others…your point? for its brokenly underpowered atm…your point? ps. did you already play HoT and tested how all new things will work out extensivelly….no you don’t, sit back silence your silly mouth set aside your mad ego and see what will happen..

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Really i never seen a reason for my warrior skill to be so much easy countered by these conditions, they already have worst easy to read animation of the game, if you dont dodge them or block or do something, why they should fail only because i am crippled??

’don’t dodge or block or do something’ – pretty sure putting on chill/cripple so the skill won’t make it to target counts as doing something.

If they were not designed to limit movement skill distance, they wouldn’t have limited movement distance for the past 3 years.
No, Necros are not affected by these. They zero movement skills anyway, so how can they be?

For context, before I get accused of warrior hate and whatnot – i got 2.8k games on warrior alone and I’m actually quite sad to see stuff like chilled whirlwind go. I’m just against dumbing down the combat, which devs do bit by bit every year. I still want my reverse bladetrail back.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Shala.8352

I hate to repeat myself, but sometime maybe something that appears so easy to understand by any simple biological form of intelligence of the earth is not that easy, so i’ll post it again:
Give me ONE reason, just one, for chill and cripple not causing the possible fail to any other ranged skills like it does to warrior’s movement skills. Show me what is your sense of balance.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

bull’s charge is a bottom tier skill…even pve you know this right….so is rush so where is this top youspeak of benefitting most of this? and someone mentioned necro getting dash, you’re ill informed and spout words meaninglessly

Amazing 600 rolfcopter.. Yeah that solves all the mobility probs, and makes up for the ease at which all classes can get away, reset and come back. Guess you’re in the necro has two life bars camp. Good for you buddy.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Really i never seen a reason for my warrior skill to be so much easy countered by these conditions, they already have worst easy to read animation of the game, if you dont dodge them or block or do something, why they should fail only because i am crippled??

’don’t dodge or block or do something’ – pretty sure putting on chill/cripple so the skill won’t make it to target counts as doing something.

If they were not designed to limit movement skill distance, they wouldn’t have limited movement distance for the past 3 years.
No, Necros are not affected by these. They zero movement skills anyway, so how can they be?

For context, before I get accused of warrior hate and whatnot – i got 2.8k games on warrior alone and I’m actually quite sad to see stuff like chilled whirlwind go. I’m just against dumbing down the combat, which devs do bit by bit every year. I still want my reverse bladetrail back.

try 6k warri matches…disciple

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Amazing 600 rolfcopter.. Yeah that solves all the mobility probs, and makes up for the ease at which all classes can get away, reset and come back. Guess you’re in the necro has two life bars camp. Good for you buddy.

resetting in pvp maps only almost only applies to teleporting classes… if porting away to a location a non porter can’t reach in most cases the maps are to small to realy escape by non porting movement skills. next

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Harrier.9380

Doesn’t seem like that did much good for your connection to reality.
Or perception of balance in this game. Or anything really.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Shala.8352

Lol you are admitting it by yourself! you are not using chill/cripple to counter Rush warrior or movement skills!! Then why it should randomly counter it?
Really 2.8k games with warrior? and you never failed any movement skills cuz of these 2 condi? Are you sure you hadnt play 2.8k games with shoutboow????

Also i am happy that warrior wont be forced to chose dogged march only to avoid those movements skills to fail, this is really a good news to build diversity that comunity was asking for!

Also people is not seeing the opposite effect of this patch, swiftness will not effect movements skills too, means warrior roamer wont be able to easy escape from fights!

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Doesn’t seem like that did much good for your connection to reality.
Or perception of balance in this game. Or anything really.

tho other people seem to agree on my point of view as well…just read. ps if you want to test my connection add me in fl and challenge me a week after HoT release…ill perma destroy each and everyone of you…promised!!

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Linnael.1069

I never understood why they told kids to ask their parents before getting on the internet.

Now I know.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I never understood why they told kids to ask their parents before getting on the internet.

Now I know.

hahaha got more generic inet jokes /copypaste…so intelligent and funny hhahaha please stop

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Harrier.9380

Lol you are admitting it by yourself! you are not using chill/cripple to counter Rush warrior or movement skills!! Then why it should randomly counter it?

I have completely no clue what you’re trying to say here. Or what exactly does it have to do with my post. Moving on.

Yeah, I’ve failed quite a lot of Eviscerates due to chill/cripple. You what I’ve learned from it? Don’t try to Eviscerate when you’re chilled! Now, if a Necro places a chill mark in my path, all the more credit to him for counterplaying.

Really 2.8k games with warrior? and you never failed any movement skills cuz of these 2 condi? Are you sure you hadnt play 2.8k games with shoutboow????

Also i am happy that warrior wont be forced to chose dogged march only to avoid those movements skills to fail, this is really a good news to build diversity that comunity was asking for!

Also people is not seeing the opposite effect of this patch, swiftness will not effect movements skills too, means warrior roamer wont be able to easy escape from fights!

I’m pretty sure I haven’t played a single game on shoutbow. Probably less than 20 on hambow.

I kind of agree on the dogged march point though. I would like for builds to be actually viable without defense tree, but it does way too much to just skip it atm.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I have completely no clue what you’re trying to say here. Or what exactly does it have to do with my post. Moving on.

Yeah, I’ve failed quite a lot of Eviscerates due to chill/cripple. You what I’ve learned from it? Don’t try to Eviscerate when you’re chilled! Now, if a Necro places a chill mark in my path, all the more credit to him for counterplaying.

I’m pretty sure I haven’t played a single game on shoutbow. Probably less than 20 on hambow.

I kind of agree on the dogged march point though. I would like for builds to be actually viable without defense tree, but it does way too much to just skip it atm.

skip it? says who…armored attack still great and usefull, so is cleansing ire…who says we don’t need it anymore….silly silly silly you…nice attempt tho

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Not my thoughts but the time is takes to do the dash may still be affected even if the distance is not so you would travel at expected distance since that’s what they want you just wouldn’t/would reach there faster.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Chase Wars 2 —-- 15 characters

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Harrier.9380

skip it? says who…armored attack still great and usefull, so is cleansing ire…who says we don’t need it anymore….silly silly silly you…nice attempt tho

I can’t exactly figure out what you’re trying to say with all those random dots, but I’m fairly certain you understood nothing from what I was saying there.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Chase Wars 2 —-- 15 characters

Not every classes rely on chill and cripple to chase people.
It actually makes my spec easier to catch Warrior because now his permanent swiftness wouldn’t affect the rush distance and speed anymore.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Shala.8352

ok then, why chill and cripple should be supposed to be a counter to eviscerate and not to f1 mesmer or necromancer life blast? Is it written in the conditions description?
From Wiki
Chill: Movement speed decreased by 66%; skill cooldown increased by 66%; stacks duration.

It doesnt talk about the other effect that actualy have and that you actualy want to have: Movement skills range decreased by 66%, or eviscerate % fail increased by 66%.
Then why is it working like that?

Chill is used to slow cooldown and movements, not to cause only certain skill to fail.

If you want more counter to burst attacks we can give you more weaknes (really you need?) or one more fear or more vitality (i repeat really you need?) or more blind, but talking about balance of the chill, you are still not saying why certain skill are countered by chill and others not, this is not the way you work on balance.
Is eviscerate too much powerfull that you need to chill to make it fail and cant find any other counter to it? Then let’s nerf eviscerate damage, that’s how balance works. but why should we make any movement skill randomly fail cuz of that? We are penalyzing warrior for his ability to land a skill, or we are trying to balance the game?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I can’t exactly figure out what you’re trying to say with all those random dots, but I’m fairly certain you understood nothing from what I was saying there.

i…understand….entirely…what you…. tried to….achieve…but…i….tackled….you….. xd……

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Harrier.9380

@Shala Ok, I’ll do away with quoting since posts are getting pretty long.

Physics time! Chill lowers movement speed by 66%. Speed is distance traveled in a certain time (or v=d/t). Therefore distance is speed multiplied by time (d=v*t). Therefore, if the speed is lower and time stays the same (time being animation), distance travelled is also lower.

Asking why chill doesn’t counter life blasts is like asking why projectile reflection doesn’t counter eviscerate. They’re 2 completely diffirent things, countered by something completely diffirent. And chill does affect Mesmer F1. It affects the cooldown. If you chill the clones, they’ll move slower, giving you more time to destroy them (one of reasons mesmers try to spawn and shatter them in melee range).

(edited by Harrier.9380)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Ok, I’ll do away with quoting since posts are getting pretty long.

Physics time! Chill lowers movement speed by 66%. Speed is distance traveled in a certain time (or v=d/t). Therefore distance is speed multiplied by time (d=v*t). Therefore, if the speed is lower and time stays the same (time being animation), distance travelled is also lower.

Asking why chill doesn’t counter life blasts is like asking why projectile reflection doesn’t counter eviscerate. They’re 2 completely diffirent things, countered by something completely diffirent. And chill does affect Mesmer F1. It affects the cooldown. If you chill the clones, they’ll move slower, giving you more time to destroy them (one of reasons mesmers try to spawn and shatter them in melee range).

nope…..the…skills….will….no…longer….be…affected….by these…..conditions….your…..highly….evolved….math…..skills….(d=v*t) …. etc….calculations……are….obsolete…………..bye….*teletubby wave…….next……….

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

like the turret engie cure…we will have our way and we will balance the game and teach you how to play….rhymes too bye

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The opportunity for players to exhibit skilled play (knowing when to use movement skills and when to apply chill) allows a bigger gap between casuals and skilled players.

This makes casuals feel bad. Hence the change.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

You know. This is the big problem with these kinds of announcements with long breaks in between. The movement and condition one today SHOULD have been coupled with the announcements of ‘Slow’ and ‘Resistance’.

…Why do I bring up those two? Clearly because if Movement Skills like Leaps were to remain as is with the release of Slow, then every single one would have been garbage-tier useless to even attempt. What we have here, is the dis-connect of information and everything not being brought together.

Barring the fact that we will be getting a new profession and new specializations.
Barring the fact that we will be getting a reworked trait system.

Just the new condition and new boon alone would ruffle anyone’s feathers. I am putting my bets down on the fact that Slow will do the job both Cripple and Chill did towards movement skill animations. Units closed or opened mattered in some manner, but the biggest reason why Cripple and Chill were so effective was that while doing the movement skill under either one you were also subsequently ‘moving’ slower.

If my thoughts are right about this, Slow might be an even bigger danger to leaps than Chill or Cripple ever were since movement skills are now forced to move the same distance rather than a reduced one.

Besides, Resistance would have made Chill and Cripple pointless anyways. There is just so much going on I don’t think anyone can really criticize until we see what actually breaks apart in a negative manner.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

You know. This is the big problem with these kinds of announcements with long breaks in between. The movement and condition one today SHOULD have been coupled with the announcements of ‘Slow’ and ‘Resistance’.

…Why do I bring up those two? Clearly because if Movement Skills like Leaps were to remain as is with the release of Slow, then every single one would have been garbage-tier useless to even attempt. What we have here, is the dis-connect of information and everything not being brought together.

Barring the fact that we will be getting a new profession and new specializations.

Just the new condition and new boon alone would ruffle anyone’s feathers. I am putting my bets down on the fact that Slow will do the job both Cripple and Chill did towards movement skill animations. Units closed or opened mattered in some manner, but the biggest reason why Cripple and Chill were so effective was that while doing the movement skill under either one you were also subsequently ‘moving’ slower.

If my thoughts are right about this, Slow might be an even bigger danger to leaps than Chill or Cripple ever were since movement skills are now forced to move the same distance rather than a reduced one.

Besides, Resistance would have made Chill and Cripple pointless anyways. There is just so much going on I don’t think anyone can really criticize until we see what actually breaks apart in a negative manner.

yep yep and few more yeps!

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Harrier.9380

That’s still pretty big IF. Maybe they’ll be immune to slow as well.
And if not, it still remains to be seen how many classes will actually be able to apply it.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I was wondering whether slow would affect movement skills. If so, then it’s likely Anet’s “let’s make a new condition that has enormous overlap with current conditions” forced them into this in order to make the new condition more unique (and to push people to get HoT).

Looks like really bad/lazy development to me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ugh…I feel for the devs that have to read through threads like these. There’s so much “OMFG I hate this, but won’t articulate why!” and “Ur just bad duel me bro lolol” and other useless rhetoric that does next to nothing for fostering any kind of useful discussion…

Anyways, here’s my thoughts:
From the condi perspective, I don’t see why this change is needed, but I concede that it’s possible the situation after all the balance changes/specializations/etc. that may make this a sensible change.

From the boon perspective, I think this is going to be a really unpopular move. Almost all players will feel slower since we play a game without mounts and travelling with swiftness and leaps is what gets us around. This will really kill a lot of joy from players who are used to moving around at a certain pace. In PvP games, it should also slow the pace and remove the reward from teams that focus on rotating well.

I would suggest this compromise: Keep the condi changes, but allow leaps to increase movement distance under boons (swiftness) IF the player is not snared with cripple/chill.