Guys stop voting for foefire, really

in PvP

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Plus many people don’t play the Foefire mechanic effectively, yet they always choose Foefire. Also, Foefire has such a big node that it hurts many builds that’re successful in bunking nodes.
In addition, it is one of the more PUGs unfriendly maps, that you basically just feed the premade wins if they’re anywhere decent. It’s a map that nodes and team support are easily covered, and a map that favors lord rush for quick win, which is a category PuGs doesn’t do well.

That’s why if courtyard, spirit watch, and skyhammer does not pop, I never pick Foefire.
Well, at least it’s less trollish than Skyhammer.

I agree, skyhammer is the ultimate trolling map, that is why I think it should be burnt with fire though. LOL

Yeah, many people defend this map by telling you learn your positioning skill, while playing those trollish focus/ GS mesmer, and double/triple fear classes.
Bunch of Hypicrints.

I’d change their wording to: learn to play trollish build if you want to compete in Trollhammer.

If we could sign up for pvp by map, all the people wanting to troll would be on the same map and everyone who just wanted to brawl could be on another( courtyard fans). They could ALSO make a randomizer that let you choose " I don’t care’ and put you on whatever map others signed up for too. Have the map choices and then have a randomizer for those who don’t want to pick and it would make everyone happy… except that one lonely person on a map everyone hates and no one picking it. HAHA

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in PvP

lil devils x.6071

It would also be nice if they just allowed you to choose the map you want to play on for random matches than just having people who have different play styles all mashed together. I personally would like more maps like courtyard, different scenery. No one should be forced to play a map they hate simply because one person chose it. I DO PLAY, btw, so yea we can play when I am able to actually get on the game ( not at my PC atm)

i truly wish this game had TDM or Arena modes.
but not maps like courtyard, thats a BAD map for any game mode.

Why is courtyard bad? It is just death match with some obstacles. We need more options for deathmatches, currently we only have one choice in the entire game, part of the reason why players still go wvw to duel. It should have more ways to DM, not just one in the entire game or risk being road kill in another mode.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You are lying. That game never happened. Someone died. It’s not that people wouldn’t know how to prepare to fight a team that’s not going to kill them and try to just hold the points. It just cannot happen Unless both teams fighting refused to kill each other. And I am the only one whose going to pay. You just have to come here and admit you were wrong.

YES, it does happen, and not only when we did so. It would not even be hard to do it again against players who were not expecting it. Having you know the plan however, makes that much more difficult. Hell, I could just make sure we bring our Youtuber with us when playing randoms and record it and make it happen for ya if you wanted. Having you know what we are going to do before hand is a whole different story, as you will be prepared for it.
( EDIT: YES someone died, Our team had deaths, you can have deaths and still win.)

you could rig it. Same way your saying I’m rigging it. Except I’m not going to. I won’t even tell the pugs what’s going on. And I promise I won’t just suicide 100 times. You won’t win. Your just being a brat at this point.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

read the whole thing.
and how about this snipit:
“A more rare form of player killing involves inciting a monster or monsters to attack another player. "
uh oh that sounds like YOUR definition of pve….

You left out the part that applies here. ’ In computer rpgs " we are not playing any game used to describe it. what are we playing? OH yea.. PK = pvp in computer Rpgs. computer MMORPG is a type of computer RPG..

In what other game, besides multiplayer rpgs’s is this type of pk likely exactly?

CORPG for one,for example, GW1:

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Competitive_online_role-playing_game

Still a computer rpg, which is what the wiki refers to.

Also, that site says that GvG is the “highest form of PvP” in GW1. A mode where the primary goal was kill an NPC.

in PvP

Posted by: TOONxTERROR.8072

TOONxTERROR.8072

You are lying. That game never happened. Someone died. It’s not that people wouldn’t know how to prepare to fight a team that’s not going to kill them and try to just hold the points. It just cannot happen Unless both teams fighting refused to kill each other. And I am the only one whose going to pay. You just have to come here and admit you were wrong.

YES, it does happen, and not only when we did so. It would not even be hard to do it again against players who were not expecting it. Having you know the plan however, makes that much more difficult. Hell, I could just make sure we bring our Youtuber with us when playing randoms and record it and make it happen for ya if you wanted. Having you know what we are going to do before hand is a whole different story, as you will be prepared for it.
( EDIT: YES someone died, Our team had deaths, you can have deaths and still win.)

you could rig it. Same way your saying I’m rigging it. Except I’m not going to. I won’t even tell the pugs what’s going on. And I promise I won’t just suicide 100 times. You won’t win. Your just being a brat at this point.

We already did this. I was there. Our team still won and we killed no none. Go try it, it works.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Player vs Player is KILLING other players

Erm no it isn’t, the ‘v’ stands for versus, versus means ‘competing against’, killing another player, is just one aspect of that.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

We already did this. I was there. Our team still won and we killed no none. Go try it, it works.

Strong first post. But you are still lying. You can never do what you are saying organically.

in PvP

lil devils x.6071

Player vs Player is KILLING other players

Erm no it isn’t, the ‘v’ stands for versus, versus means ‘competing against’, killing another player, is just one aspect of that.

Yea okay, make it so you cannot kill any players in pvp and see how that works for you.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in PvP

lil devils x.6071

Strong first post. But you are still lying. You can never do what you are saying organically.

Yea okay everyone is lying because you say it cannot happen because you say so, We are all just imagining this like Brian Williams remembered being in a chopper he wasn’t. Okay. Sry I am not going to derail the thread any more as I was asked not to, I will discuss the maps but not off topic.

I ALSO am not a fan of the Temple of the Silent Storm, not as kittenkyhammer but still.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in PvP

TOONxTERROR.8072

BOLD statement there buddy. YO mama teach you it is rude to go around calling people liars? I would rather not post on forums where everyone is kittening all the time, but when someone says something blatantly wrong, it would be more wrong to leave it there without correcting it.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Yea okay everyone is lying because you say it cannot happen because you say so, We are all just imagining this like Brian Williams remembered being in a chopper he wasn’t. Okay. Sry I am not going to derail the thread any more as I was asked not to, I will discuss the maps but not off topic.

I ALSO am not a fan of the Temple of the Silent Storm, not as kittenkyhammer but still.

Not everyone is lying but you and your other account are. If you don’t want to try for the 500 gold you don’t have too.

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

It would also be nice if they just allowed you to choose the map you want to play on for random matches than just having people who have different play styles all mashed together. I personally would like more maps like courtyard, different scenery. No one should be forced to play a map they hate simply because one person chose it. I DO PLAY, btw, so yea we can play when I am able to actually get on the game ( not at my PC atm)

Why is courtyard bad? It is just death match with some obstacles. We need more options for deathmatches, currently we only have one choice in the entire game, part of the reason why players still go wvw to duel. It should have more ways to DM, not just one in the entire game or risk being road kill in another mode.

the main reason i that the map promotes “snowballing”

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

lil devils x.6071

Not everyone is lying but you and your other account are. If you don’t want to try for the 500 gold you don’t have too.

FYI- I don’t have another account. I didn’t even want to play this one to begin with, I sure as hell am not getting another one. I only play this game with real family and friends because they call me and yell at me if I don’t. LOL
I personally could care less about 500g, but those who care about loot in this game might, so I am expecting your offer to still be on the table when they get home to consider.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in PvP

lil devils x.6071

the main reason i that the map promotes “snowballing”

They could space it out a bit more.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in PvP

TOONxTERROR.8072

Other account? Whose other account? Got more BS to spew there buddy? I don’t think your good for it with that much kitten you are shoveling.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Courtyard is bad because it promotes Zergs. It’s a zerg fest where rotation are based on team wipes; a zerg tuggle-war. They nerfed the time and removed the tuggle-war aspect… making it practically no way to come back after a team wipe. No clue why they did that…

It’s a very straightforward map. The mechanic isn’t very nuanced, It’s easy to understand.

This is why Foefire is popular. It’s a very simple, open spaced map that anyone can play.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

lil devils x.6071

Courtyard is bad because it promotes Zergs. It’s a zerg fest where rotation are based on team wipes; a zerg tuggle-war. They nerfed the time and removed the tuggle-war aspect… making it practically no way to come back after a team wipe. No clue why they did that…

It’s a very straightforward map. The mechanic isn’t very nuanced, It’s easy to understand.

This is why Foefire is popular. It’s a very simple, open spaced map that anyone can play.

I kind of like the brawl aspect of courtyard. But I see the only way to completely prevent a zergfest is to 1v1 duel.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

FYI- I don’t have another account. I didn’t even want to play this one to begin with, I sure as hell am not getting another one. I only play this game with real family and friends because they call me and yell at me if I don’t. LOL
I personally could care less about 500g, but those who care about loot in this game might, so I am expecting your offer to still be on the table when they get home to consider.

My offer will stand. But you can’t win.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

Yes, you do change your traits and gear depending on what you are going to buff. I have 6 sets of gear, with different runes on them for each character, don’t you?

In pvp most of the gear is FREE, it isn’t stored in the inventory and takes like a 1 minute to swap the whole build.
This guy is so funny. Attempts to look like a pro, but has zero knowledge of spvp. Lol

(edited by Shadow of Azrael.1205)

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

This thread makes me again wish we could block/ignore players on the forum, too.

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I’m a free man.
I’ll vote for what I want.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

my favorite map is Khlyo soo gooodd

in PvP

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

On every single conquest map holding two points for the duration of the game without dying is a guaranteed win, no matter what the other team does with the map mechanic.

If the other team is trying to avoid combat, simply sending at least one person to at least two points, a trivial task, is all you have to do to hold two points and win. Even if your point is decapped by tranquillity or an orb, you will cap it strait back and win unless they fight you for it.

It is possible to win a match without fighting, but only if the enemy team is zerging or AFK, which is their own fault.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

so a topic about map selection has been hijacked into what is pve and pvp and glorified chest beating? -.- take it elsewhere.

in PvP

oneply.9586

so a topic about map selection has been hijacked into what is pve and pvp and glorified chest beating? -.- take it elsewhere.

much more interesting then the original topic

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

It’s just hiding the problem that when you team up 5 no risk builds with sustain/condi damage together, it ends up in a faceroll if the other team has no bunker( and even more depending on how many zerkers they got)..

Just had a match with 3 zerkers and 2 engineers against medi guard, sword war, sword thief and ele, and it was just a faceroll. We all drop to condis in a few seconds, they all got buffs all the time, all got button click to survive in case they gonna die 1v1.

On other maps, we might stand a chance, but on foefire it’s simply not fun, the map is too small. And even if, there’s no way we can prevent that setup from rushing the lord…

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

why is anyone surprised that team composition is really important?

if ‘unbalanced’ team compositions are frustrating you there is only one solution, que up with a team.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

oneply.9586

if ‘unbalanced’ team compositions are frustrating you there is only one solution, que up with a team.

+1
love your sig by the way

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

+1
love your sig by the way

it’s a valid tactic, i’ve even hidden a thumper turret before.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Mouseheart.8672

Mouseheart.8672

+1
love your sig by the way

it’s a valid tactic, i’ve even hidden a thumper turret before.

There is some joke about hiding an asura in your pants, I just can’t think of it right now.

Cool engineers don’t look at explosions.

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

OP:

Don’t you mean Skyhammer?

Foe Fire is actually one of my favorite maps. Maybe that makes me a noob, but whatever. I enjoy it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’d prefer to see voting removed from ranked queue and make the 4 maps random.

Voting is needed in unranked so that we can avoid the horrible maps.

in PvP

oneply.9586

My offer will stand. But you can’t win.

so uh…is it on?

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!