Hardest class to play.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

What class do you think is the hardest class in spvp to play? I personally think its warrior. It also seems like warriors get dumped on the most in spvp.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

None is hard to play. All classes are fairly simple. The game is simple. The difficulty of the game isnt in the classes themselves but in managing your cds vs your opponents cds. And thats why s/d thief is so easy to play, they dont have to manage any cds, you cant bait any skill from them because their skills are always ready.
Most times you won’t win a 1v1 because you know the class you’re playing better than your opponent knows his, but because because you know your opponents class better than your opponent knows yours.

In the end, there arent hard classes to play, but there are easy cheasy faceroll classes/specs.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I would agree in normal matchs but it’s such a big dif in tourny matchs.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Teldos Nodefighter Engi probably.

It’s a strong build, but it’s really hard to master.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Teldos Nodefighter Engi probably.

It’s a strong build, but it’s really hard to master.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

engineer is probably the hardest mechanically (in my opinion). It all comes down to the build really, but I think engi has the highest skill cap, lots of skill shots and timing to deal with.

Neglekt

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

Teldo’s build has 0 skillshots. I mean he doesn’t even use grenades, which aren’t that easy to land at range. Bombs are actually dumb, it’s similar to grenades at melee range, you just run around spamming them, waiting for that mad thief to die trying to kill you. Plus enginners have some natural tankiness, plus easy acces to vigor (a.k.a dodge spam), regen, switftness just switching kits………… I would say enginners are nw friendly actually.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

If you want to succeed, in my opinion, Necromancer (and Warrior, to a lesser extent). The difference between an average one and a good one is outstanding. You can’t really say that for the remaining professions.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Necromancer by far.

Making a mistake on a necromancer is game over. Missing a corruption or missing a condi transfer( stacking condis on your self on purpose) is devastating. With all the vigor and evade skills out there, this will happen.

Necromancers lack good stun breaks/invul and vigor(boons in general) making every decision you make very important.

Necros also have some of the worst mobility and almost no escapes. Making positioning and learning to engage much more vital then other classes. When a necromancer jumps in, he is in it for the long haul.

The difference between a good necro and a bad necro is worlds apart.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Necromancers and warriors.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

I don’t think warriors are hard to play at all, their class mechanic is extremely straight forward. They have some of the highest damage potential however that comes without much sustain. In hotjoin’s most seem to run zerk warriors which is ridiculous as they are basically free kills (this doesn’t translate them into a class that is hard to play, just silly decisions build wise). Many tpvp warriors who run more on the defensive side are actually quite competent, more so in team situations with access to cc skills.

But yes, necro has the highest skillcap and a great necro can kitten most.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

I don’t think warriors are hard to play at all, their class mechanic is extremely straight forward. They have some of the highest damage potential however that comes without much sustain. In hotjoin’s most seem to run zerk warriors which is ridiculous as they are basically free kills (this doesn’t translate them into a class that is hard to play, just silly decisions build wise). Many tpvp warriors who run more on the defensive side are actually quite competent, more so in team situations with access to cc skills.

Umm warrior is extremely hard to play because EVERY class counters you as a warrior. People run serker because warriors do not have any sustain. Also chill and cripple hurts the warrior more then any other class. You may say its straight forward but it takes a lot of skill playing serker warrior. Knowing when to pull in and out of combat. Preventing people from rezzing. I win most 1v1s unless its a tanky ranger or a really good thief. It just takes skill. Also this tanker CC warrior you speak of is decent at that in tpvp (a bunker guard is just better) but that warrior spec takes no skill compared to serker

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Umm warrior is extremely hard to play because EVERY class counters you as a warrior. People run serker because warriors do not have any sustain. Also chill and cripple hurts the warrior more then any other class. You may say its straight forward but it takes a lot of skill playing serker warrior. Knowing when to pull in and out of combat. Preventing people from rezzing. I win most 1v1s unless its a tanky ranger or a really good thief. It just takes skill. Also this tanker CC warrior you speak of is decent at that in tpvp (a bunker guard is just better) but that warrior spec takes no skill compared to serker

Exactly, thanks! I am waiting to see all of these people who say warrior is easy to play in spvp post their videos and builds.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

And this is how people look when they have no idea of what are they talking about.

For your knowing, if you go “tanky” as a warrior you still have no sustain, and guess what, you dont even have damage now, and guess what?, you are going to be downed in the same amount of time, and i know its repetitive, but guess what?, you are now a support punching bag that support sucks and you cant survive enought to tank anything, so, you are just bassically doing nothing that other classes could do, so better reroll another character.

Of course warriors are the most difficult, just make one and enter pvp to see what is “dante must die” difficulty of the game.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

People think engy is hard to play because grenades requires you to click an area to throw, the radius is fairly big and the speed of the throw is fairly fast, its not hard to miss a grenade shot.

Try landing a dragon tooth, you tell me which one is harder.

As for hard class to play, I’d say a thief because positioning against someone that knows what your doing is harder to land a grenade.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

all about that d/d necro

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Who the hell run defense war in tpvp, they are all zerker wars, wars in hotjoins are mostly condition bs and some of them maybe zerker.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Lighter.5631

warrior(zerkers, obviously, in most tpvp, build might differ with a few different tweaks) definitely is one of the most skill required class. since they don’t get all the sustain from skills and traits. they need to know how to dodge, know to use the map, good positioning and use their one of the few utlities, conditions they have in the very right time to help them survive and make that burst(which is so obvious and easy to dodge) in the right time without the help of stealth and AI

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Teldo’s build has 0 skillshots. I mean he doesn’t even use grenades, which aren’t that easy to land at range. Bombs are actually dumb, it’s similar to grenades at melee range, you just run around spamming them, waiting for that mad thief to die trying to kill you. Plus enginners have some natural tankiness, plus easy acces to vigor (a.k.a dodge spam), regen, switftness just switching kits………… I would say enginners are nw friendly actually.

This proves my Point exactly: Bad Players won’t get much out of the build. ^^’

No Skillshots? Try Skillshots were you don’t simply have to aim a cursor, but actually physically walk there.
Spamming Bombs? Try Bombs that will drastically change the outcome of an engagement if you are able to hit them.
Tankyness? try 1v1’ing a Mesmer where 1 Shatter he lands will most likely win him the fight.
Easy access to swiftness/vigor. Well, try and keep the boons up during a fight 100%, not that easy and it requires good planning and mechanics, while other classes simply get it while landing crits…. -.-°

Then, there are of course the blinds and knockbacks which open up a huge variation of possibilites. Knowing what skill to blind or interrupt is one of the most difficult aspects of the Game.

The build has so much depth to it with Multiple Combo-Fields and Blast-Finishers. Mastering the use of Smokefields + blast finishers in structured PvP is a world of it’s own. Then there are the Waterfields and the Fire Fields.

You clearly have no Idea how to play this build and how versatile and deep it is.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

This proves my Point exactly: Bad Players won’t get much out of the build. ^^’

No Skillshots? Try Skillshots were you don’t simply have to aim a cursor, but actually physically walk there.
Spamming Bombs? Try Bombs that will drastically change the outcome of an engagement if you are able to hit them.
Tankyness? try 1v1’ing a Mesmer where 1 Shatter he lands will most likely win him the fight.
Easy access to swiftness/vigor. Well, try and keep the boons up during a fight 100%, not that easy and it requires good planning and mechanics, while other classes simply get it while landing crits…. -.-°

Then, there are of course the blinds and knockbacks which open up a huge variation of possibilites. Knowing what skill to blind or interrupt is one of the most difficult aspects of the Game.

The build has so much depth to it with Multiple Combo-Fields and Blast-Finishers. Mastering the use of Smokefields + blast finishers in structured PvP is a world of it’s own. Then there are the Waterfields and the Fire Fields.

You clearly have no Idea how to play this build and how versatile and deep it is.

I personally do not think that teldos build should be run by anybody but teldo. It’s an extremely specialized build that fills an extremely specific role that is nothing but subpar in other areas. Teldo is an amazing player, but watching his stream and comparing your own achievements with that of his while playing his build is kind of insane. The only reason why he does so well in situations where his build sucks kitten is that he’s played that build forever and a day and he’s also a god amongst men

I would never recommend the build to anyone, it’s not an exceptionally difficult build, it’s just worse in a large majority of situations than other builds.

Personally, I find playing HGH at the skill cap exceptionally harder than playing those types of builds.

And to answer your question, thieves engis and bunker guards are the hardest classes IMO. Every class is hard at the skill cap, but there are under a handfull of players even close to the skillcap across any given class in the entire world. A lot of those players can play other classes at an exceptional level as well.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol Haer.5187

Sol Haer.5187

War is by far the most simplistic class, but we face more obstacles and have a harder time dealing with each and every one of said obstacles than other classes; relativity.

I.E. Full zerker war with no roadblocks is going to dunk on you via 100 blades or killshot.

I.E. Introduce some counter cc and kiting, problem solved.

Birch Bruiser, Crystal Desert’s #1 Albino Sylvari Warrior.

(edited by Sol Haer.5187)

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: candlecan.9827

candlecan.9827

I personally think threads like this are pointless. Every class generally is pretty simple on the surface, but gains incredible amounts of skill and difficulty in utilizing the intricacies of its play and implementation in a competitive setting. I don’t think playing any class is physically or mentally harder than any other. Each individual player is going to be affected differently by the mechanics and requirements of the different classes.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

I personally do not think that teldos build should be run by anybody but teldo. It’s an extremely specialized build that fills an extremely specific role that is nothing but subpar in other areas. Teldo is an amazing player, but watching his stream and comparing your own achievements with that of his while playing his build is kind of insane. The only reason why he does so well in situations where his build sucks kitten is that he’s played that build forever and a day and he’s also a god amongst men

I would never recommend the build to anyone, it’s not an exceptionally difficult build, it’s just worse in a large majority of situations than other builds.

Personally, I find playing HGH at the skill cap exceptionally harder than playing those types of builds.

And to answer your question, thieves engis and bunker guards are the hardest classes IMO. Every class is hard at the skill cap, but there are under a handfull of players even close to the skillcap across any given class in the entire world. A lot of those players can play other classes at an exceptional level as well.

I don’t know if it’s as bad of a build in many Situations as you describe it, but I think that the build has ways of dealing with different Situations, just with harder to execute Options.

Take a MU against a Necro for example, which is one of the hardest ones for this build. The Necro has great Condi-Removal, while the Engi doesn’t (better than it used to though, thanks to the new Healing Turret).

Now while other classes could simply dish out more physical DMG or have easy to use Condition-Removal with the press of a button, the Engi has to work differently:

- Blinding/dodging Deathly Swarm is incerdibly important
- Using your Elexir R intelligently for both Condition-Removal and Rezzing
- Knowing exactly when you can go in for a few bombs, because you simply cannot eat a Putrid Mark at any cost while both the Necro and you are within the radius
- Knowing when to go in and interrupt the Heal is also very important, because it will deny Heal and Condi-removal.

With this example, I wanted to illustrate, that the build is actually extremely versatile in tons of different Situations, but playing them in the right way is both harder to theorycraft about, as well as to execute correctly.

The build just has tons of Skills/Traits that can be used in multiple different ways:

- Blinds (can be used offensive, defensive, to protect teammates)
- Knockbacks (Again, can be used extremely offensive by denying heals, but they can also interrupt crucial Skills that would wreck the Engi, as well as getting Distance between you and the opposing Players)
- Stealth (You can use it to escape, to let a teammate escape, to try and sneak in bombs undetected, to plan a surprise-attack, to saferezz, to stomp easier, to deny crucial targeted skills, to delay while waiting for crucial CD’s etc.)
- Other Combo-Fields: Do I use them selfishly, do I try and give my Team maximum Support, do I look for max DPS with the Fields and make combo-finishers my second Priority?

I really don’t know many builds as versatile as this one, even though there are of course Situations were the build isn’t too strong, but you cannot ever say: “well, I can’t do anything in this Situation” because theres always some use you can squeeze out of the build.

Other builds often encounter Situations (of course they should avoid them, but it happens nonetheless) where they simply won’t be able to do anything useful.

Take a Cantrip-Ele for example: If he encounters another Cantrip-Ele that has a Point; well, you aren’t gonna do anything. There are also extremely hard MU’s that are unwinnable for various classes, where they can only delay. Well, the Engi can delay pretty well and he might even get a decap on top of it!

It’s a build that is IMHO completely unparallelled in GW2 in terms of versatility, skill-cap and being fun to play!

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Warrior is the hardest to play because you don’t want to play it. If you’re not with an organized team, no matter what trait/weapon/sigil/rune/amulet combos you go with, it’s a painful experience AT BEST.

I play a Necromancer and Engineer. They take some practice, but are very rewarding. Where as Warrior makes you want to cry.

(edited by Copenhagen.7015)

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

- Knowing exactly when you can go in for a few bombs, because you simply cannot eat a Putrid Mark at any cost while both the Necro and you are within the radius

why does the necro being within the radius matter at all? you know that, if putrid mark hits, all of his conditions are transferred, no matter where the nec is?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

why does the necro being within the radius matter at all? you know that, if putrid mark hits, all of his conditions are transferred, no matter where the nec is?

Didn’t know that but you’re right, thanks for the Info.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

I think most players erroneously assume that builds with a lot of options are harder to play. Truth is having so many options allows you to adapt much easier, so that it’s actually easier to play a versatile class like an Elementalist or a Bomb-Engineer.

Take Teldo’s build for example. Not only does it offer huge 1v1 capabilities, it is also very forgiving, because it has access to superior sustain, CC, defensive stats and utilities as stealth combos than most if not all the other classes. The pressure this and other Engineer builds apply through passive trait and non-trait procs is immense and easily source of most of their damage. You miss your hits, your procs don’t go off, ICDs do not incur…Your next attack hits? Alright, there we go 6+ seconds burning, a couple of bleeds and a poison proc for good measure (and everything at range). Quite forgiving and equally effective.

I also believe Teldo to be a good Engineer, but I do have to wonder why using a smoke field and a blast finisher is considered to be anything more than routine. We see D/P + Shortbow thieves use that same combo (Black Powder, switch into Shortbow and use a ground targeted cluster in the midst of the team fight, while sitting at 2k armor and 14k HPs), which is three times harder to pull off, yet it’s not even commented on and even dismissed as “trivial” at times.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Its really more complicated than you think
Some people may classify very limited builds and 1 dimensional like a zerker warrior as hard cause they are suboptimal at this point in the meta.
Imo opinion you have to ask yourself.What am i supposed to do with the class and how hard that is?
For example a 3 cantrips ele or bunkers in general are as easy as kitten at staying alive 1vs1 except perhaps against some cond class builds.But is this what you are supposed to do with this build?
Or teldos build and how versatile it is.It can 1vs1 most current used builds and has a lot of options to handle situations.But are you satisfied by not playing akittens full potential when you know you can neutralise most points and break most bunkers??
My point is that there are a lot of ways a build can be hard and more options just happen to raise the amounts of things you can pull in this game thus potentially increasing the skill cap which is what separates the amazing players
In other words if Teldo was playing a warrior a lot less people would know how good player he is imo.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

You have to time both smoke bomb and Big Ol’Bomb.

I think Teldo’s build difficulty stands in the fact it’s not made for any particular role. You are a complete jack-of-all-trades.

Warrior is the opposite: you have very few abilities. The skill is less about reflexes and dexterity (even if it depends on your build), more about planning ad building: you have to learn to live with near to no condition removals and no protection. Your only friend is the fact that you can manage to have high armor, high HP and high damage. And it almost doesn’t make up for the difference, considering you mostly have to go in melee, and be punished for it. At least, that is warrior for me (I don’t like playing GC)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Vyndetta.9415

Vyndetta.9415

Trap ranger, BM ranger and S/d thief. No bias here

Vyndetta – Ranger- [SYNC]

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

At least in shear amount of key presses and mouse clicks and skill floor:

Balanced multi-kit engineer. Jack of All trades, tons of kit/weapon swapping, self combos.

Note: very few people play balanced build. People tend to go for one specific role e.g. bunker, glass cannon, condition.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

dude quick, change your Signature, or everyone knows!!!!!

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

all classes are easy to play, but hard to master them!
i like that on gw2

nobody can tell me, there are so easy to play builds.
they are easy but also hard to master when you whant do a great job with them

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Lighter.5631

I don’t know why anyone would say anything other then warrior tbh.

a simple fact “the worst class in pvp” already made it the hardest class to play by default.

-Excalibur.9748

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

For some fun, try berserker dagger necro with signets. You die in a few hits, have less burst than a 100b warrior, don’t have shield block to stay alive, don’t have an extra dodge warriors have (whirlwind) and have no way to disengage. Your only gap closer is #2 in death shroud (assuming you have life force).

I like to play it in hotjoins for giggles, since there it’s possible to destroy people even with such a ridiculous setup.

(edited by Kharr.5746)

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I’ve played all the classes now in at least 250 games or so each, and I would base my list on which are the hardest—-> easiest to play well on a constant basis throughout a match:

1. Necro/Warrior
2. Engineer
3. Thief
4. Ele/Guard
5. Mesmer
6. Ranger

Just my opinion. Ranger is just wayyyy to easy to be effective with… AI damage and shortbow 1 spam alone can dent somebody’s HP (sadly). If I were to recommend a class for somebody to start out playing in order to get a feel for the game it would be Ranger or a phantasm Memser; AI does enough damage for you to sit back and learn to dodge, positioning, time stun breaks, CC etc.

I won’t deny my blatant bias against classes that can build around huge AI damage, but it’s more than infuriating at times to watch.

(edited by Kuju.2153)

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

As a warrior I’d like to put my hands up and say it isn’t a difficult class. It is quite a simple class.

There is a HUGE difference between a difficult class and an unbalanced class.

Yes Warrior is hard to play with regard to beating other people, because it is so underpowered and sadly quite useless. However, the underlying mechanics are not difficult at all.

IMO you have to look for Engi and Ele for the difficulty factor. Far more skills compared to just the two weapons and utils that Warriors have.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

lol not ranger for sure xD I would say guardian (Bunker) and ranger are probably the easiest to bring at a decent level, bm is totally brain dead you can just spam stuff while still being effective atm (Champion hunter spamming random skills? Check.)…not much effort needed…pre-balance ele was probably the most stupid no skill class (Pretty much like bm rangers atm or even worse), but after patch it takes some skills for being good, at least they can’t rtl for their life when losing anymore…no more eles everywhere…guess why?

I don’t play engi and necro so i dunno if they’re hard or not..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Lighter.5631

As a warrior I’d like to put my hands up and say it isn’t a difficult class. It is quite a simple class.

There is a HUGE difference between a difficult class and an unbalanced class.

Yes Warrior is hard to play with regard to beating other people, because it is so underpowered and sadly quite useless. However, the underlying mechanics are not difficult at all.

IMO you have to look for Engi and Ele for the difficulty factor. Far more skills compared to just the two weapons and utils that Warriors have.

not like more skills and utilies make the class more difficult to play, actually easier.

-Excalibur.9748

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

kuju,
create a trapper ranger, just for fun. (because it was a short time a strong build)
then try to 1vs1 anything and you will see how good this stupid ai is rly.
its rly sad when you whant a wolf fear AT THIS MOMENT, but the wolf is running around and do nothing.
and the dodges get rly important, to do them at the right moment with trapper ranger.

same at mesmer, you speak about phantasm mesmer… but its just a 1vs1 build.
shatter mesmer is the tourny build and this one is not so easy to play well.

and after doing 250 hotjoins with every class, you will just know the skills of them…
its good to have 1000 tournys with your mainclass,
then its well play with the own class and then you can see what nice combos the class rly can do in each situation vs each other class.

everybody who have 1000 tournys with his own class know this rly good.
when you think back, each class is fast to learn,
but to be rly good with it, you need much time to know all situations you can get with your own class and how to handle this situations.

in my mind this “most easy to play” topic is fail.
only what is to say:
most easy to play, are classes who dont have so much skills like others
and cant do so much combofinishers like others, because you dont need so much buttons to use…
but when you play long in tpvp you whant a class with more effective skill use to have more controll…
also this classes with not so much skills get hard to play because other classes which have more skills will use them well vs you and you have not so much skills to counter this then…

at least its all classes same hard to play…

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Tenderly.7019

Tenderly.7019

At it’s core the sPvP in this game revolves around you hitting your big skills and having your opponent miss theirs. Build and strategy come into play but are based around the fact that you have to hit your skills and have your opponent miss theirs to win an engagement.

You can have the build advantage versus another player but it wouldn’t matter since if you missed your abilities and an opponent hit theirs, you will lose.

Whether or not it’s harder or easier to do so is entirely reliant on balance.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

kuju,
create a trapper ranger, just for fun. (because it was a short time a strong build)
then try to 1vs1 anything and you will see how good this stupid ai is rly.
its rly sad when you whant a wolf fear AT THIS MOMENT, but the wolf is running around and do nothing.
and the dodges get rly important, to do them at the right moment with trapper ranger.

same at mesmer, you speak about phantasm mesmer… but its just a 1vs1 build.
shatter mesmer is the tourny build and this one is not so easy to play well.

and after doing 250 hotjoins with every class, you will just know the skills of them…
its good to have 1000 tournys with your mainclass,
then its well play with the own class and then you can see what nice combos the class rly can do in each situation vs each other class.

everybody who have 1000 tournys with his own class know this rly good.
when you think back, each class is fast to learn,
but to be rly good with it, you need much time to know all situations you can get with your own class and how to handle this situations.

in my mind this “most easy to play” topic is fail.
only what is to say:
most easy to play, are classes who dont have so much skills like others
and cant do so much combofinishers like others, because you dont need so much buttons to use…
but when you play long in tpvp you whant a class with more effective skill use to have more controll…
also this classes with not so much skills get hard to play because other classes which have more skills will use them well vs you and you have not so much skills to counter this then…

at least its all classes same hard to play…

If the topic had been specs hardest to play, I would have listed specs. I know phantasm mesmer is 1v1 and not as great in tpvp, but the point still stands. Since it was about classes in general I will talk about the classes in general. Yes, shatter is harder to play, but still gets plenty of damage off the AI (you aren’t going to shatter before your duelist gets off a round of damage, that would be inefficient). I’ve played a trap ranger, and sometimes that happens, but its still not that hard to play… especially in conquest – the traps fill the kitten circles for the most part. Even off point they have a large enough radius that can you kite through them pretty easily.

I don’t think any of the classes are hard to play, and having more or less skills is not what I base it off of. It’s just easier to be effective with certain classes vs others.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

hardest class to play in a team fight is warrior right now, even tho they’re the easiest class to understand.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Warrior is easy to play and it beats nearly every class in a 1v1 when playing it right, but that is true for nearly every class. If you’re a skilled player you win if your build is good.

Engineer is hardest imo. Ranger second hardest.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Warrior is easy to play and it beats nearly every class in a 1v1 when playing it right, but that is true for nearly every class. If you’re a skilled player you win if your build is good.

Warriors win 1v1’s? – where, how, when?

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

If you play engineer with flamethrow, grenades and bombs that would be hard as kitten to play, because you basically have more skills than an ele and you have to keep track of which kit is open. Although I don’t think anyone has tried to build a engineer off of those kits.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I dont think its an issue of hardest class to play…. The mechanics of combat are the same for all classes. By that i mean combo fields/finishers/dodging/animations.
The key is to know your class…. For someone that has been doing nothing but thief since launch they go to a bunker guard or ranger. They are going to be confused. But if they have a good understanding of combo fields and finishers they already can bring a lot to their team. Add that with the a little bit of studying which traits affecting which skills and what stats. They should be pretty sweet.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

There is no easy answer.

It depends on the situation, player, opponents, etc.

If you can’t keep track of a lot of CDs or can’t combo abilities, ele and engineer is probably the most difficult profession for you.

Your positioning is terrible? Good luck playing a thief.

There are examples like these for every profession.

Besides that you didn’t mention in which situation (1v1, 2v2, 1v2, etc.) or against which opponents. You need to be a little more precise if you want a good answer.

Btw terrible balancing does not equal “hard to play”. Warriors are not balanced (they are too weak against decent opponents) but they are still easy to play imo. Especially in sPvP (not tPvP) warriors are still good since you don’t need a lot of skill to 100b your enemy.

In the end nobody will be able to give you a proper answer since there is none.

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Go play your engi and ranger and stop posting nonesense plz.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Hardest class to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends