How cheap can you be?

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

This is hilarious. I haven’t seen many more serious cases of learn to play.

Endless stuns on hambow? Lets see. We’ve got pin down that needs to be dodged and earthshaker that needs to be dodged. Staggering blow and backbreaker you can just walk out of the way for, so those are 2 skills that you actually need to dodge. As ranger you’ve got evades on a ton of weapons, and just normal regen from vigor and/or energy sigils would be enough to evade all of them if you have any skill whatsoever.

Edit: Also stunbreakers. Stunbreakers are good for your health.

This sounds good in theory. Do this and this to avoid that. The problem here is, I don’t want to build my ranger and equip certain skills only for this one OVERPOWERED build. This build is incredibly cheap and shouldn’t be encouraged nor defended. You sound like “Oh right, I’m so great, it’s clearly my skills. Learn to play noobs. Lololol!!!1!” while it’s not the problem here. This is just a cheap build made by people who can’t fight…well…fair.
Furthermore, I have a trait that reduces stuns etc. by 33%, my pet takes part of those effects and conditions, and yet this guy still managed to kill me fairly easy. I didn’t see him dodge once out of any of my attacks, he just rushed and kept knocking me back/down/around without giving my any chance of defending myself. This is not a matter of skill, it’s just a really cheap and overpowered build. It worries me that you can’t admit that and instead are like “oh yeah, you clearly suck”.

So you’re saying that having skills that evade and taking stunbreakers are only useful against hambow? Ok, good luck with that one.

Also, to clear up any confusion, I don’t play warrior ever. I play only mesmer, and I don’t seem to encounter this overpowered brick wall of warriors. Maybe I’m just that much better than you, or rather it might be more accurate to say that you’re that much worse than most of us.

Or maybe you have no idea what you’re talking about. =D

Eh, no skin off my nose if you don’t listen to advice. Just another person that I’ll beat if I ever encounter.

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i think the stuns are ok, its a cc weapon, the problem is that you can spec to deal a huge amount of damage with it while maintaining the high passive healing of a bunker.

imho the damage should be drastically lowered but the cc should stay.

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Gloom.9683

Gloom.9683

Hambow is not that hard to beat if you know where your dodges are. The problem with the warrior atm is the ease of might stacking with the fire field and the damage of the fire field. I think they should halve the fire field max area and slightly increase the rage gen on it. This ranger’s tears are rather sad though since he just isnt playing properly.

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

This is hilarious. I haven’t seen many more serious cases of learn to play.

Endless stuns on hambow? Lets see. We’ve got pin down that needs to be dodged and earthshaker that needs to be dodged. Staggering blow and backbreaker you can just walk out of the way for, so those are 2 skills that you actually need to dodge. As ranger you’ve got evades on a ton of weapons, and just normal regen from vigor and/or energy sigils would be enough to evade all of them if you have any skill whatsoever.

Edit: Also stunbreakers. Stunbreakers are good for your health.

This sounds good in theory. Do this and this to avoid that. The problem here is, I don’t want to build my ranger and equip certain skills only for this one OVERPOWERED build. This build is incredibly cheap and shouldn’t be encouraged nor defended. You sound like “Oh right, I’m so great, it’s clearly my skills. Learn to play noobs. Lololol!!!1!” while it’s not the problem here. This is just a cheap build made by people who can’t fight…well…fair.
Furthermore, I have a trait that reduces stuns etc. by 33%, my pet takes part of those effects and conditions, and yet this guy still managed to kill me fairly easy. I didn’t see him dodge once out of any of my attacks, he just rushed and kept knocking me back/down/around without giving my any chance of defending myself. This is not a matter of skill, it’s just a really cheap and overpowered build. It worries me that you can’t admit that and instead are like “oh yeah, you clearly suck”.

So you’re saying that having skills that evade and taking stunbreakers are only useful against hambow? Ok, good luck with that one.

Also, to clear up any confusion, I don’t play warrior ever. I play only mesmer, and I don’t seem to encounter this overpowered brick wall of warriors. Maybe I’m just that much better than you, or rather it might be more accurate to say that you’re that much worse than most of us.

Or maybe you have no idea what you’re talking about. =D

You might just be the one who has no idea what they are talking about. But I guess the rest of us will take our strategy and ability to beat hambows somewhere else and leave you in peace.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: StonePower.8321

StonePower.8321

Hammer skills are highly telegraphed, and hambow easily kited,
f1 #4 and #5 have huge tells, lb #5 got a long cast time and huge tell.
If you get stunlocked, use your elite for insane stab duration;
you should kill him quickly if you both are GC, if he isn’t, then his damage will be subpar too.

Again, l2dodge; hammer skills are already hugely telegraphed, slow
and far from ‘spamable’.
Yes, i play a warrior. No, it’s a shout/support and yes, i have played hammer to the degree of understanding the fundamentals of the build and the cds.

how many are those stun skills again? thats a total of 4. how many does a ranger have do you think? a ranger has 2, 1 from the shortbow and the other 1 from Greatsword. btw, rangers need to attack from behind to stun people. no offense meant, but do you know how hard it is to play a non-spirit ranger?

I count 3 of which 2 are not even stuns, LB #5 is an immob with high CD and i solely listed it because warriors generally use it to set up stuns; easily sidestepped or dodged with its new animation.

edit: protip, if you engage a warrior and see him charging up ‘pin down’ spam qeqeqeqe or whatever you have bound your strafing to, since the projectile hits the spot you would have been if you countinued moving in that direction

you dont even need to flank, dude. your longbow aoe stun is as huge as a cap point itself. tbh, i dont understand why you have access to all these interrupts and stuns. hambow is an ez mode invention just like MM’s and PU mesmers. and the number of people playing such builds shows how easy it is for beginners.

Longbow aoe stun? not sure if trolling… :/
Just a guess but you actually do not know how warrior works right?
Please inform yourself before claiming something to be ‘ez mode’.
Tip: the mistake was in your second sentence.

ohh please. it is the most braindead build ever invented in gw2. you think people will believe that you are running a hard to learn spec? lol. you guys are funny. a hambow actually thinks he’s using a spec that takes skills. hilarious.

Such skill. So pro. Much wow.

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

i think the stuns are ok, its a cc weapon, the problem is that you can spec to deal a huge amount of damage with it while maintaining the high passive healing of a bunker.

imho the damage should be drastically lowered but the cc should stay.

You obviously never played against a competent bunker(-guardian).

Hammer skills are highly telegraphed, and hambow easily kited,
f1 #4 and #5 have huge tells, lb #5 got a long cast time and huge tell.
If you get stunlocked, use your elite for insane stab duration;
you should kill him quickly if you both are GC, if he isn’t, then his damage will be subpar too.

Again, l2dodge; hammer skills are already hugely telegraphed, slow
and far from ‘spamable’.
Yes, i play a warrior. No, it’s a shout/support and yes, i have played hammer to the degree of understanding the fundamentals of the build and the cds.

how many are those stun skills again? thats a total of 4. how many does a ranger have do you think? a ranger has 2, 1 from the shortbow and the other 1 from Greatsword. btw, rangers need to attack from behind to stun people. no offense meant, but do you know how hard it is to play a non-spirit ranger?

I count 3 of which 2 are not even stuns, LB #5 is an immob with high CD and i solely listed it because warriors generally use it to set up stuns; easily sidestepped or dodged with its new animation.

edit: protip, if you engage a warrior and see him charging up ‘pin down’ spam qeqeqeqe or whatever you have bound your strafing to, since the projectile hits the spot you would have been if you countinued moving in that direction

you dont even need to flank, dude. your longbow aoe stun is as huge as a cap point itself. tbh, i dont understand why you have access to all these interrupts and stuns. hambow is an ez mode invention just like MM’s and PU mesmers. and the number of people playing such builds shows how easy it is for beginners.

Longbow aoe stun? not sure if trolling… :/
Just a guess but you actually do not know how warrior works right?
Please inform yourself before claiming something to be ‘ez mode’.
Tip: the mistake was in your second sentence.

ohh please. it is the most braindead build ever invented in gw2. you think people will believe that you are running a hard to learn spec? lol. you guys are funny. a hambow actually thinks he’s using a spec that takes skills. hilarious.

You can’t imagine how little I care if you believe, that i play a shout build or not

(edited by Crovax.7854)

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I play the 6/0/2/6/0 Power ranger.

People are helpless as I shoot them in the face from 1500 range. Even their 1200 range weapon is useless.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

So there are invincible guardians and engiees who heal for more than you can deal with 2 people next to you and many other cheap builds you can use. But so far the most frustrating one I’ve seen, is this cheap Stun-Warrior. I’m not even joking when I say I don’t get to click a single skill on my ranger, and that’s wit having some decent HP(carrion gear) and defensive traits(pet takes some conditions and knockbacks etc.). Today my entire team has been brutally murdered over and over again by this cheap warrior using hammer. I’m not sure what to do, if even with my defensive things, tons of dodges, fears and pushbacks, this warrior still can just jump on me and kill me in seconds, shouldn’t it be nerfed? What’s with the cooldown of this thing? I get stunned and knockbacked over and over again. Nerf it, please…a lot. That’s coming from a guy who’s favourite class is warrior.

Whats cheap about a warrior with hamm? its the slowest heavily telegraphed weapon ingame.Besides..Youre a kitten ranger you have 30 sec stabi available !!! Complaining without knowing the game…..
Also stop trying to insult people by calling them cheap just because they are simply better than you are,and you cant seem to deal with that.
Honestly you start a thread with the name “How cheap can you be” Meaning that All hamm warrs are cheap ,Just because of your own lack of knowledge about this game you decide to put a lowblow against all hamm warrs.. How cheap can You be ?….Honestly cant this stuff just be deleted ? Its a waste of forum space.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

So there are invincible guardians and engiees who heal for more than you can deal with 2 people next to you and many other cheap builds you can use. But so far the most frustrating one I’ve seen, is this cheap Stun-Warrior. I’m not even joking when I say I don’t get to click a single skill on my ranger, and that’s wit having some decent HP(carrion gear) and defensive traits(pet takes some conditions and knockbacks etc.). Today my entire team has been brutally murdered over and over again by this cheap warrior using hammer. I’m not sure what to do, if even with my defensive things, tons of dodges, fears and pushbacks, this warrior still can just jump on me and kill me in seconds, shouldn’t it be nerfed? What’s with the cooldown of this thing? I get stunned and knockbacked over and over again. Nerf it, please…a lot. That’s coming from a guy who’s favourite class is warrior.

Whats cheap about a warrior with hamm? its the slowest heavily telegraphed weapon ingame.Besides..Youre a kitten ranger you have 30 sec stabi available !!! Complaining without knowing the game…..
Also stop trying to insult people by calling them cheap just because they are simply better than you are,and you cant seem to deal with that.
Honestly you start a thread with the name “How cheap can you be” Meaning that All hamm warrs are cheap ,Just because of your own lack of knowledge about this game you decide to put a lowblow against all hamm warrs.. How cheap can You be ?….Honestly cant this stuff just be deleted ? Its a waste of forum space.

Oh I can admit that someone is better than me when he/she pwns me in a fair fight. This build is just cheap. It is. It’s cheap. And yes, I’m saying all ham warriors with this build are cheap. And if you just read more of this topic, you’d find out that someone already told me about the stability, and I already responded, that it just doesn’t work with my build and it would be a waste to just spec agaisnt this one CHEAP build. =P What I asked for are advices, not “oh you can’t dodge” or “you just suck”. As far as I appreciate people getting offended so easily when their cheap build is at stake, I think it’s fair to say that something so easy to pull off shouldn’t be in the game.

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Dodge the stuns, bring a stunbreak or RaO, use your evade skills properly, and you will not get killed.

Wrong, you can evade and dodge as best as you can you’re still gonna die in the long run cause you’ll be burning for the entire time that you’re on the point

I guess my own existence must be a lie then, because I kill many warriors without a stunbreak or RaO.

Ranger | Elementalist

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

And if you just read more of this topic, you’d find out that someone already told me about the stability, and I already responded, that it just doesn’t work with my build and it would be a waste to just spec agaisnt this one CHEAP build. =P

So your specific build doesn’t allow you to swap out for stability, and you come across a CC-heavy class and complain that it’s hurting you? Yeah, that’s going to happen. It’s like not spec’ing any cleanse and complaining that people are killing you with conditions. That’s the risk you run with a very specific build like that.

If you’re really just so dead set on not equipping any stability, either learn to dodge/interrupt the heavily telegraphed moves, or run. Those be your choices.

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Oh I can admit that someone is better than me when he/she pwns me in a fair fight. This build is just cheap. It is. It’s cheap. And yes, I’m saying all ham warriors with this build are cheap. And if you just read more of this topic, you’d find out that someone already told me about the stability, and I already responded, that it just doesn’t work with my build and it would be a waste to just spec agaisnt this one CHEAP build. =P What I asked for are advices, not “oh you can’t dodge” or “you just suck”. As far as I appreciate people getting offended so easily when their cheap build is at stake, I think it’s fair to say that something so easy to pull off shouldn’t be in the game.

You just need to learn to play,thats what i understand from reading your posts.Disregarding someones advice about how to counter a STUNLOCK build with bringing in stabi…is just pure stupidity.Also,you dont bring stabi for One class….’dont act like warss are the only ones able to cc,stunlock,or knockdown.You dont bring stabi for an engi or a thief or a fearspamming nec ? Gl with that !
Something so easy to pull off….? Play the class yourself.,actually…Grab your warr pm me ingame whenever you want and we go 1on1,lets see if youre able to stun me even once.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

You just need to learn to play,thats what i understand from reading your posts.Disregarding someones advice about how to counter a STUNLOCK build with bringing in stabi…is just pure stupidity.Also,you dont bring stabi for One class….’dont act like warss are the only ones able to cc,stunlock,or knockdown.You dont bring stabi for an engi or a thief or a fearspamming nec ? Gl with that !
Something so easy to pull off….? Play the class yourself.,actually…Grab your warr pm me ingame whenever you want and we go 1on1,lets see if youre able to stun me even once.

As I said, easy in theory. And yes, I don’t need stability at all while fghting any other setting. Never had any issues – but I only have 2 dodges. My build wasn’t designed to block 3240923842390 stuns, but to avoid 2 at most. You make me giggle when you blindly defend this overpowered, cheap build.

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

As I said, easy in theory. And yes, I don’t need stability at all while fghting any other setting. Never had any issues – but I only have 2 dodges. My build wasn’t designed to block 3240923842390 stuns, but to avoid 2 at most. You make me giggle when you blindly defend this overpowered, cheap build.

If you were stunned 3240923842390 times, then you were stunned by 3240923842390 warriors. At this point, they don’t need to use earthshaker. They can just use auto attack to drop you.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Dear ANet,

I am incompetent at playing my class and I constantly lose in PvP, mostly because I don’t want to adapt. Please nerf the other classes so that I can beat them. I am entitled to play the way I want and nobody can force me to do otherwise.

Ty.

How cheap can you be?

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Use stunbreaks, or use your evades and blinds. If he pops zerker stance, run away until it goes down. If he pops Balanced Stance and Endure Pain as well, just wait it out… Nobody told you to stand on a point with him. Though if you are defending it, you have to actively avoid his attacks. Good thing about stances is that they are on long CDs.
Learn the animations. Get a feel for Hammer F1. If he is a bit far away from you most likely he will Hammer 3 into F1 so try and dodge that. Slot Lightning Reflexes. Keep track of your Shared Anguish.
Learn to feel for Longbow. Some like to immediately Pin Down and you can read the animation now so save your evades for that. If you do get hit, watch the switch to Hammer and use evades inside the immobilise then.

If you are traps, just set traps under yourself. If you have torch, try and land your skills then keep him poisoned. If you are spirit, you can try to blind his hammer and get away with cripples. When you have burning, bleeding and poison on him, fear him away to let it tick so he is forced to stunbreak. You have to counterpressure so that he uses his adrenaline and stances for defense.

If you really can’t use your evades to best effect (you have to know what to dodge and have the reflexes), try and fight hambow with hambow and try to beat the mirror setup. This will give you the most understanding.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)