Huh? What happened to the 200k thread

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

with Grouch reply? Deleted for real?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Appearently. Its gone from the dev tracker too.
huh…

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

AND IT GOT DELETED I’M SO DONE REALLY!!!!
for kitten sake and its not even in my shadowplay buffer to scrap it i’m so done. srsly sukout moderators

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

ok it got completely removed. not locked, not moved. It just disappeared like rebels in the communist times. GJ

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

Hope many ppl saw the original conversation tho
guess this forum gets closed soon if we head into this direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Something happened to it. Probably like the ruby thread a while back but it sure wasn’t deleted. Why? I have yet to receive a message from anet informing me of my post being move to trash/deleted because the thread was. My guess is, it was hidden.

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

shhhh they’re listening >.>

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

At least you didn’t get double infracted for talking about kittens in a leeto thread.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

mods have hidden threads with devposts in them before, so I can’t say I did notsee this coming tbh

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It didn’t even do that thing where you get a message telling you something was removed, it was just vanished.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

Shoutout to the mod team for excellent damage control!

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Calm down people. I strongly doubt it was ‘silenced’. Id rather believe someone removed it by accident before I participate in this Anet-conspiracy theories.

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

Calm down people. I strongly doubt it was ‘silenced’. Id rather believe someone removed it by accident before I participate in this Anet-conspiracy theories.

points at Astrat and runs screaming They’re on to us!

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

Had grouch said anything else besides the fact that the PvP and wvw team has nothing to do with balance? Or was that his latest post?

in PvP

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

a continuation of the discussion could have had a negative impact on the brand value

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I’m glad i viewed the original. I’ll be typing some sentences i remember now out of the head before i forget them for other players.

Start of dev quotes:

‘The price money is payed by marketing budget, not development money’. With stuff like adblocker, it might actually be good to pay less for advertisments, and more for tournements.

“We as Anet believe in a competitive scenes and events like this. We always wanted this”

“Pvp balance is not done by pvp team at all, a seperate team is responsible (balance team). The team can listen to pvp dev feedback, but decisions lie with them, they take decisions, to balance the whole game, (not just pvp)”

“Pvp playerbase has grown 135% last year, so we think our goal succeeded.”

“While some players may not agree, we really think pvp has grown and improved a lot over the years, making a choice like this (200k price money) quite justified”

End

Feel free to add more, this is the top of my mind atm.

Disclaimer: I tried to put the information exactly as Josh put it. Of course that will not be case. This post has absolutely no goal to ‘derive away’ from what Josh typed. It’s trying to contain what he said before it’s completely gone from the internet, and our memories, cause the post was important imo.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

Someone responded a very excellent response to Grouch. He said “PvP and wvw balance is not actually done by the PvP, wvw team but by the separate balance team”
Someone quoted this and very accurately said “this may be the solution to the biggest problem guild wars 2 is facing right now”

in PvP

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

After legendary fiasco.. this is NOT THE PR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ANET!:D

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

tip : use google cache to see the thread :x

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

The worse, is when they delete your comment, because you had put a link to a removed thread.

Well, I did put 1 hour on a big comment with somewhat good input into it… to get it delete for a dead link.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

BTW, if you remember the name of the thread, google for it and use google cache thread instead.

If it’s not working, use that:
https://archive.is/

Or that:
https://archive.org/web/

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/200k-on-so-called-pros-why

here is the google cache.
ANet can’t fight the cloud Kappa

to continue the discussion, the comment i made before ANet decided to kidnap the topic was something like this:

RE: Balance -> Contrary to popular belief, the PvP team (or wvw, fractals, raids, etc) doesn’t actually handle profession balance. There’s an entirely separate team dedicated to handling balance for all core areas of the game (appropriately named the Balance team).

You are telling me… there are several people… who get up every morning, walk into the studio… and work hard on balancing the classes. You have this whole team GETTING PAID HARD, doing this for a living… and problems like autohit for biggest dps rotation in pve or being totally trash tier in pvp happen to classes for this long time. Not to mention more and more trait designs that go aginst the combat mechanics of the game…

The PvP team (and the other aforementioned teams and more) gives regular feedback on balance issues, but the balance team is ultimately in charge of maintaining the design vision across the game.

They even get feedback… hell they could dive into these forums and steal the 34556673 ideas people are posting.. but still….
I REALLY dislike to trash people’s work, but the quality here is like the acrobatics traitline they redesigned numerous times. Hope you get it.

(edited by MadVisions.4529)

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Saved in word document both his posts! Got you beaten Josh or threat remover! We got the information for eternity! Post of him:

Hi Frands,
I haven’t had much time to spend on the forums as of late and as a result I’ve unfortunately been mostly mum on these types of threads. Since many of you are fresh faces and didn’t visit the forums back when I used to frequent more often, I’ll reintroduce myself (in tl;dr format), and after that we’ll get down into the nitty gritty.
I’ve been at ArenaNet for a little under 3 years. Prior to that, I was a PvP fan just like yourselves. I ran multiple GW2 PvP-specific podcasts, hosted GW2Guru’s State of the Game (wow, that’s old), managed some of the earliest tournaments such as Curse’s Masters of the Mists, and casted dozens of other events (including the first ESL tournament and the 2013 Pax Invitational). Little known fact – in the early days I even played on Team Paradigm NA with Phantaram as well as a number of other teams. I was offered a job at ArenaNet in 2013, and after moving around to a few different teams I ended up on the marketing team as a Brand Manager. My time isn’t dedicated entirely to the PvP (I work with a number of other dev teams), but I am for all intents and purposes the “commissioner” of Pro League and most other events that we’ve run in the past.
Ok, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s address the OP’s question ? “200k on pros, why?”
Competitive play is something we’ve always been a fan of at ArenaNet – you could say that it’s a part of the company’s DNA, and it’s something we’re committed to supporting just like any other part of our game. The PvP team has been working hard to take PvP from where it was at launch to where it is today (seriously, think about it) and the marketing team has been keen on supporting them. Together we grew the active player-base for PvP by 135% last year – and that’s pretty awesome. After all, things like matchmaking quality and queue times gets better the more people that you have. It’s more or less my job to try to figure out how to replicate that growth as much as possible, and after looking at all the options available for the marketing team, we decided to go down an admittedly riskier path and dedicate some of our budget towards the Pro League initiative. I’ll add that most of Pro League’s costs were funded out of our paid media budget which fuels the advertising banners you’ve probably seen displayed on a variety of websites (or maybe you don’t, because it’s 2016 and you use ad-blockers, which is why initiatives like this are so important!).
There’s certainly a unique opportunity for growth here. We get to talk about our game in new interesting ways with an entirely new group of gamers – some of which may never had been interested in playing MMOs previously. It’s not often that you get to do that.
I think the main takeaway is that Pro League in no way takes away from development for any other aspects of the game (but I can understand how that assumption could be made), but the upside here is that when any part of the game grows – the entire game benefits. We’re not trying to make GW2 into a PvP MMO – it’s just one of the many facets of the game that we all love and want to see be even more successful.
Anyways, I’ll keep an eye on the thread for questions over the next few days, so feel free to AMA!

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Things like this have happened before. Sometimes it vanishes for hours, sometimes days. Not entirely sure what the deal is, why it would become hidden but not removed?

I happened to have the dev tracker still open from last night, but hadn’t actually looked at it >.>

I then skimmed it, glanced at his post, refreshed the page and then noticed it completely disapppeared, leading to me seeing this thread. I had wanted context.

in PvP

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

Not sure what Anet is trying to do, if sites covering mmo’s got this along with legendary thing, im sure they would have a field day, i can allready see the headlines:
Anet stomps their promises, then starts hiding sensitive dev posts! What is going on in gw2?! Too long?
Anet breaks promises and Deletes Dev Threads! : D
Like i said, this NOT THE PR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ANET!

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

‘The price money is payed by marketing budget, not development money’. With stuff like adblocker, it might actually be good to pay less for advertisements, and more for tournements.

What’s wrong with TV ads? Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, and MTV have big audiences.

The game still needs more mechanical polishing and balance before they’re ready to advertise for real however.

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

lmao these cloud links, we r anonymus, we r leegun /Kappa

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

I just noticed that too when I wanted to cross reference how the balance team is set up.
I didn’t think anet can dissapoint me even more in these days, but they actually did.
10/10

in PvP

Posted by: Meltandriel.3290

Meltandriel.3290

GG Anet, one disapointment after the other, no wonder this game is going to the kittens.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Hi Frands,
I haven’t had much time to spend on the forums as of late and as a result I’ve unfortunately been mostly mum on these types of threads. Since many of you are fresh faces and didn’t visit the forums back when I used to frequent more often, I’ll reintroduce myself (in tl;dr format), and after that we’ll get down into the nitty gritty.
I’ve been at ArenaNet for a little under 3 years. Prior to that, I was a PvP fan just like yourselves. I ran multiple GW2 PvP-specific podcasts, hosted GW2Guru’s State of the Game (wow, that’s old), managed some of the earliest tournaments such as Curse’s Masters of the Mists, and casted dozens of other events (including the first ESL tournament and the 2013 Pax Invitational). Little known fact – in the early days I even played on Team Paradigm NA with Phantaram as well as a number of other teams.

Anyways, I’ll keep an eye on the thread for questions over the next few days, so feel free to AMA!

Hey Grouch (Nord!),

Not only hiding from forum, but from reddit or even from the Heart of the Mist.

My first question is:

1- Why the hell Anet delete important thread over a forum without giving explanation to all the participants of the thread?

2- Why don’t you package the Heart of the Mist only, as a MOBA package to Market the thing up like a MOBA (and not a freaking great MMORPG) so the real crowd (60 millions MOBA player) can look our great game?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/sPvP-needs-its-own-business-model

3- Why are you still working on a GRIND based (mmorpg carebear players) league system? All competitive players (moba/pvp players) want a skill based rank system.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Skill-based-or-Grind-based-rank-system

Thank you,

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

I looked into this and the thread is in the process of getting reinstated.