I Hope Team Que Takes Higher Priority

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

HOTJOIN is getting gold? Lol this will be good.

I’m not at the office so I can’t look it up, but if I remember correctly, you get more gold for LOSING Team Arena than you’d get for WINNING a CA/hotjoin match.

Please reconsider. This will ruin what is left of the competitive TPVP in GW2.
We already have problems with AFK in tpvp. If gold is rewarded for losing, why bother winning or even playing in the match? This will make AFK in tpvp more rampant.
Strongly recommend that this gold reward for losing is totally scrapped.

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

HJ should reward little gold, coz matches are easy fast, and with no que time. In 1h u can do ~10hj matches. Meanwhile at team que, maybe 3…

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

Well I’m glad that my topic has generated so much brainstorming and debate

but the major concern that I’m seeing from most players is:
will gold or any amount of money from losses make people want to afk and bot?

I think it will, simply because as it has been show in almost all mmo’s if you give players an inch they will take a mile.

personally I don’t think you should gain any amount of gold from a loss in any mode only wins (that could be a big incentive for people to want to play competitively, in it to win it i say) and if you do have to earn something from a loss make it something like a consolation such as mystic forge materials to make pvp gear slivers dust etc.

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Well I’m glad that my topic has generated so much brainstorming and debate

but the major concern that I’m seeing from most players is:
will gold or any amount of money from losses make people want to afk and bot?

I think it will, simply because as it has been show in almost all mmo’s if you give players an inch they will take a mile.

personally I don’t think you should gain any amount of gold from a loss in any mode only wins (that could be a big incentive for people to want to play competitively, in it to win it i say) and if you do have to earn something from a loss make it something like a consolation such as mystic forge materials to make pvp gear slivers dust etc.

Agrees with you.

If losing in tpvp rewards gold, then the gold farmers will make the tpvp scene unhealthy.

It only takes 1 gold farmer to ruin the entire team because the remaining 4 will lose morale to play. The moment one person from the remaining four gives up,its 3v5. Then the entire team gives up. Their MMR suffers and they get matched with ppl with lower MMR. Gold farmers who afk farm tpvp matches will have low MMR also.

A new breed of goldfarmers will evolve. They will let the enemy capture 3 points so that the match ends faster. Thus a new match can start and more gold can be farmed.

Please do not reward gold for losing!

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

lol what, no. Some people don’t have the time to play with a team due work or school. People should be rewarded the same for winning a match, regardless if it’s solo or in a team.

So people who organize and go against harder teams should be rewarded the same as people who aren’t organized and go against easier teams?

This assumption is being made that the current MMR does in fact place higher (Harder) teams vs Higher (harder teams) Unfortunately this is not the case and we all know it. So please get off the soap box that tpvp is an elite form of the game. You are as likely to face a team under rank 10 as you are to face one all rank 50+ using VoIP. I have seen enough PuG teams formed just in the waiting area of the mists to know that there is more than a few less than “higher” ranked teams that you’ll square off against. All it takes is one loss in a 4 vs 5 match and your rating plummets and every 2 months it seems to be the trend to reset it. Maybe look again at this when a team of average rank 40 does get placed against another team of the exact same ranking/rating..until then it is nothing more than a 50% give away.

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I’m not at the office so I can’t look it up, but if I remember correctly, you get more gold for LOSING Team Arena than you’d get for WINNING a CA/hotjoin match.

Rewarding losses is probably a bad idea.
With enough population and a proper matchmaking, long run win rate should be around 50% for almost everyone, so it should be easy to achieve a system that neats the same average profit without exposing it to multiple forms of manipulation.

Skill level is relative. Ten equally skilled players in the lower end of matchmaking are playing just as hard as the top ten players. Their game experiences are identical for their skill level.

This isn’t about rewarding people for being better at the game – that’s what the ladders are for.

Taking a look at PvE, any dungeon run will equally reward both PUGs and organized groups. There’s, however, a huge difference between the completion times (and gold/time ratios) each group can achieve.
There’s nothing like this in tPvP. In fact, I would expect faster incomes for the first ones, whose matches are likely to pop (because of higher population) and end (because of higher amounts of deaths and less long teamfights over uncontested nodes) faster.

I thought the main reason for this rewards being added was about encouraging players to PvP and achieving a higher overall population.

In the sytem you describe, every hotjoiner could potentially soloqueue on TeamQ and keep playing the same for higher rewards. In fact, it could be even better, since they would face other hotjoiners on their same skill level in the long run, resulting on a probably better game experience.

On the other hand, this doesn’t achieve a real population increase at all even if it sounds like that. TeamQ will be merged with part of hotjoin, but there’ll be such a MMR gap in the long run that both groups will hardly face each other.
The frustration on facing premades will be probably enough for soloQers to avoid teamQ even if rewards are better. I can see myself joining teamQ instead of hotjoin when trying classes I’m not experienced with, but now again, those are hardly good news for the current teamQ population.

Normalizes rewards also need to be lackluster by design. Otherwise, in-game economy would become (even more) completely broken.
You may attract some random average player tired of champtrains with it, but you’re hardly going to seduce dungeon/fractal guild/groups, those with the right mindset and skill level to be fairly succesful on teamQ, who can farm craploads of gold in a really short time.

To put it briefly, TeamQ is going to experience a huge population increase, but since it’s not going to be composed by organized teams at all, comptetitive scene is hardly going to notice a big change.
The existence of that new soloQ merged into teamQ will also prevent the actual soloQ, which could benefit from those players, from improving.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Rewarding losses is probably a bad idea.
With enough population and a proper matchmaking, long run win rate should be around 50% for almost everyone, so it should be easy to achieve a system that neats the same average profit without exposing it to multiple forms of manipulation.

Skill level is relative. Ten equally skilled players in the lower end of matchmaking are playing just as hard as the top ten players. Their game experiences are identical for their skill level.

This isn’t about rewarding people for being better at the game – that’s what the ladders are for.

Taking a look at PvE, any dungeon run will equally reward both PUGs and organized groups. There’s, however, a huge difference between the completion times (and gold/time ratios) each group can achieve.
There’s nothing like this in tPvP. In fact, I would expect faster incomes for the first ones, whose matches are likely to pop (because of higher population) and end (because of higher amounts of deaths and less long teamfights over uncontested nodes) faster.

I thought the main reason for this rewards being added was about encouraging players to PvP and achieving a higher overall population.

In the sytem you describe, every hotjoiner could potentially soloqueue on TeamQ and keep playing the same for higher rewards. In fact, it could be even better, since they would face other hotjoiners on their same skill level in the long run, resulting on a probably better game experience.

On the other hand, this doesn’t achieve a real population increase at all even if it sounds like that. TeamQ will be merged with part of hotjoin, but there’ll be such a MMR gap in the long run that both groups will hardly face each other.
The frustration on facing premades will be probably enough for soloQers to avoid teamQ even if rewards are better. I can see myself joining teamQ instead of hotjoin when trying classes I’m not experienced with, but now again, those are hardly good news for the current teamQ population.

Normalizes rewards also need to be lackluster by design. Otherwise, in-game economy would become (even more) completely broken.
You may attract some random average player tired of champtrains with it, but you’re hardly going to seduce dungeon/fractal guild/groups, those with the right mindset and skill level to be fairly succesful on teamQ, who can farm craploads of gold in a really short time.

To put it briefly, TeamQ is going to experience a huge population increase, but since it’s not going to be composed by organized teams at all, comptetitive scene is hardly going to notice a big change.
The existence of that new soloQ merged into teamQ will also prevent the actual soloQ, which could benefit from those players, from improving.

the main problem is that glory is going to be removed.
and to be replaced with gold.

previously, players still earn some glory and rank points as long as they tried their best, the amount of glory and rank points depends on their personal score, this was before they changed it into a lump sum amount.

now that glory is to be removed, it is simply not fair for the losing team to not receive any gold at all.

the losing team must receive some gold for participation, as long as they tried their best.

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

previously, players still earn some glory and rank points as long as they tried their best, the amount of glory and rank points depends on their personal score, this was before they changed it into a lump sum amount.

now that glory is to be removed, it is simply not fair for the losing team to not receive any gold at all.

the losing team must receive some gold for participation, as long as they tried their best.

Not really. If you look at one single match, it can feel pretty unfair, but a proper matchmaking should approach to a 50% win rate for almost everyone as long as you increase the number of samples.
A system that gives the whole reward to the winning team can neat the same profit to every player in the long run while being way stronger against potential abuses.

There’s only one situation where I can understand some gold being rewarded to the losig team, and that’s when the matchmaking system is forced to create an unfair matchup.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Not really. If you look at one single match, it can feel pretty unfair, but a proper matchmaking should approach to a 50% win rate for almost everyone as long as you increase the number of samples.
A system that gives the whole reward to the winning team can neat the same profit to every player in the long run while being way stronger against potential abuses.

There’s only one situation where I can understand some gold being rewarded to the losig team, and that’s when the matchmaking system is forced to create an unfair matchup.

if only winning team gets gold, it is only fair if the players play a lot of matches.
if they only play a few matches per night.

or, the losing team could still get some gold reward based on their team score and the total of their personal score. i feel this is a better choice.

for example, a close match 500 vs 499

how fair is it for the 499 team to receive no gold rewards?
they should receive something appropriate for trying.

in PvP

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

I think the best way to implement gold rewards in spvp would be based on the point difference.

The bigger the difference, the more points for the winners and less for the losers.

Example for TeamQ:

A bigger difference in points will then also become a bigger difference in gold reward.(2g & 1g) + 50s for the winners
When the difference in points is smaller, the gold rewards will be closer together.(1.70g & 1.30g) + 50s for the winners

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I think the best way to implement gold rewards in spvp would be based on the point difference.

The bigger the difference, the more points for the winners and less for the losers.

Example for TeamQ:

A bigger difference in points will then also become a bigger difference in gold reward.(2g & 1g) + 50s for the winners
When the difference in points is smaller, the gold rewards will be closer together.(1.70g & 1.30g) + 50s for the winners

ah yes, i think this will be very good.

for example

500 vs 499
losing team = okies, here some gold for your effort, you did your best

500 vs 0
losing team = what the kitten? you are not even trying! 0 team score? no gold for you!

in PvP

Posted by: Coast.5162

Coast.5162

Let the inflation begin!

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

well, the “getting points for being killed” must be coded carefully or else some people may just form a team of “lets get killed for gold” and queue for the team arena.

“Don’t kill, 3 cap.”

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I wonder how long it will be before people start afk wall running in hotjoin for money.

We’ve been discussing ways to more strictly police being AFK and leaving the game early. We don’t like the idea any more than you do.

Hey Justin,

What about gold per loss scaling with total points acchieved by the team?

For example, if the team can’t get more than 150-250 points, they’ll receive zero coins. From them on, coins received would scale significantly, from, say, losing a match by 300-500 could give to losing players 15% of gold, losing a match 400-500 would be worth 45% of gold to losing players, and losing a match by, say, 499-500 would give to the losing players up to 75% of the coins the winning players get.

Something like this would create incentive for players to never give up, even if they’re losing by 100 points through the entire match, to still reap good rewards, while it would make most AFKers and bots pointless.

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Example for TeamQ:

ah yes, i think this will be very good.

for example

500 vs 499
losing team = okies, here some gold for your effort, you did your best

500 vs 0
losing team = what the kitten? you are not even trying! 0 team score? no gold for you!

This. Now this is a good idea.

Still though, with the current system in place, I can see /redresign already.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Earning gold in PvP could end up either very good or very terrible.
AFKers and team switchers are the main issue here as already mentioned in this thread.

In case of team switchers in hot joins, there could be a solution. People should be rewarded based on what % of the time they’ve been in the team, in addition to the current factors.
If I switch to the winning team mid-match, I should only get 50% of the final winning reward (+ probably 50% of the losing reward) even if I score during my time in the winning team.
The current glory on wins system has given rise to many people who team switch or find an almost finished game, score 10 points and just get the full reward. This isn’t healthy for the system.
I also like some of the suggestions in this thread and I think a combination of various factors can work best.

AFKers (and leavers for team/solo arenas) should be punished in much harsher ways, otherwise they can totally destroy PvP.
As much as I like to gain some gold for playing my favorite content in the game (PvP), I prefer PvP to have no gold rather than seeing it turned into a farming heaven for bots, gold sellers and regular players. I don’t want GW2 PvP to turn into another red-resign arena!

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Let’s see how it is currently
If you afk in a match: match ends faster. If a match ends faster, both sides get less glory. For example, a 5 minute match currently gets you about half the glory of a regular 7-9 minute match.
If you afk from the beginning of a match: you get no points. If you finish a match with zero points you get zero glory.

Let’s imagine the future
If you afk a match and cause it to end quickly, you get reduced gold.
If you try to get a few points before afking, they can increase the amount of points needed or change the requirements needed to count for participation.

Let’s imagine the other argument
If you get zero gold, or extremely reduced rewards for losing in anything outside of team queue, you may avoid afk players. But you’ll probably get a lot more people leaving losing games. More 4v5s or worse for solo queue (which may then lower match times, which will then hurt the winners as well). More people switching to spectator or leaving games in hotjoin more often as well, making that less fun to play too. Team Queue might be the only place that gets something out of this.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Team Arena will provide the most gold, followed by Solo Queue, followed by hotjoin.

I believe we’ll be giving specific numbers on Friday’s livestream.

Since there will be a discussion on Friday, I’ll try to join in and ask questions there, but I can’t imagine any scenario where providing gold for hotjoin play is good. We’ve already seen where skyhammer farming caused a debacle and that was only to gain a currency that was not in high demand (glory). I can only imagine having hotjoin providing gold being a major issue. But beyond that, even more of an issue is CA provided gold.

I am also not a huge fan of winning gold for losing. I like rewarding effort, but that opens the door up for botting and AFK. When you literally have to provide 0 value to a team and still be rewarded for it, you will without a doubt get people to abuse that system.

I’m not trying to sound negative, only voicing legitimate concerns.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

To the person who keeps saying top stats should get better rewards never played a bunker I assume? Points mean nothing there are a lot of different factors that aren’t tracked by points.

Why on earth would you reward someone AT ALL for losing? I can’t really see how that can work..won’t this encourage afk players or people bsing around for free money…

Also I don’t see how gold in hotjoins can make any sense. Maybe the steam on friday will clear things up.

I agree I stated this before. Pve players will flock to pvp because they can now get into games go semi Afk and still be rewarded for losing. There should be no gold reward for losing. You will see people give up early because they will still be getting rewarded even though it will be less than the winning side

(edited by RoRo.8270)

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Karma is a kitten :PPP

Winning or loosing should award rewards :P
Dont listen to any1 saying that you should get rewards based on your contribution , so ppl dont afk even if their team is loosing , :P
We had that system 2 months ago , but the community wanted to change it to more team oriented :P
Dont change it !

:PPPPPPPP

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Team Arena will provide the most gold, followed by Solo Queue, followed by hotjoin.

I understand that the team arena format is a higher competition format… but that leaves me lingering with a question.

Are the rewards for playing solo / tournament arenas going to be linked to your rating?
If not the whole argument of rewarding a more competitive scene kind of goes to waste, as really bad people would still get rewarded more in low rated matches.

how about a multiplicator for waittimes for the reward or do u hope the population will rise with this change? atm avg. waittime for soloq for me is 30min.. i play during 2-6am gmt.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

this has potential.
let’s work more on this!

1. X seconds to leave spawn base or disqualified from end of match rewards.
2. losing team members must meet score threshold or receive lesser rewards

well, the “getting points for being killed” must be coded carefully or else some people may just form a team of “lets get killed for gold” and queue for the team arena.

i think a very disadvantaged team would also be able to score a few points, so i think the “getting points for being killed” would not work well.

the important question is, what personal score threshold should be fair and not easy to abuse?

and, what about those who leave the spawn base and hide somewhere in a corner?

we call them manual A F K players who wants the end match reward but do not wish to put in additional effort.

should the personal score threshold be a variable? not a fixed amount.

Thanks! Yeah, see, to a certain extent, if people want to throw games, you’re not going to really be able to prevent that (who’s to say you’re throwing the game, maybe you’re just really bad compared to the opponent). We just want to prevent people that are actually AFK from getting rewards for losing. Leaving base and going to hide in a corner somewhere to AFK could happen, but then maybe you get killed and then respawn in base, and then get kicked for AFKing there. That’s the idea, anyways.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Example for TeamQ:

This is a reasonable idea, although I think you still want -some- reward for losing in blowout fashion, even if it’s really low. For instance, let’s say you play Team Arena late and night and get mismatched against an all-star team. Not only is it not fun to get mismatched like that, but now you also get no rewards because they face-rolled you 500-0… not very encouraging. I also think it needs to be tied somewhat to your personal effort, because let’s say you AFK in Solo Queue and your team 4v5s and wins. You shouldn’t be rewarded for their efforts — there should be something there that notices you get 0 points and penalizes you for that.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Example for TeamQ:

This is a reasonable idea, although I think you still want -some- reward for losing in blowout fashion, even if it’s really low. For instance, let’s say you play Team Arena late and night and get mismatched against an all-star team. Not only is it not fun to get mismatched like that, but now you also get no rewards because they face-rolled you 500-0… not very encouraging. I also think it needs to be tied somewhat to your personal effort, because let’s say you AFK in Solo Queue and your team 4v5s and wins. You shouldn’t be rewarded for their efforts — there should be something there that notices you get 0 points and penalizes you for that.

I agree.. I think that a significant amount of deaths should qualify a player for rewards. It’s reality that some players will try their best and get 0 points when matched up against a very strong team.

The problem I can see with that is players that are set to AFK auto-run out of spawn and repeatedly dying, then getting a prize. I don’t want to have to explain to everybody: “Don’t touch the free kills auto-running into the walls, it’s only rewarding them!”

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

I will say it very clear and short: do NOT put gold in hotjoins. It would be a (another) bad idea. Even if it is a small amount, people will find a way to exploit it (ie. jumping from a match to another looking for near-to-end matches and get fast gold).
If you want a not-ranked gold getting method, implement not-ranked queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

I might be wrong, but as far as i know you are not rewarded for a match if you have 0 points.

I think it is way to late to discuss gold gain in hotJoin/soloQ/teamQ because this is already implemented and will be released on 10 dec.
Anet is doing the same “failure” every time again, the fist start talking to us if it is to late…
Of course i understand that they want to implement THEIR game and don’t want this kittenty users from the forums to trashtalk about their good ideas.
BUT the past showed, that they implement a lot of stuff, that is later abused by the players. And then it takes them sooo long to fix this stuff.
Please anet talk earlyer to the users about your plans, we dont need a blogpost… just give us input and listen to our output.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

No I didn’t mean “this will be good” sarcastically either.

I’m actually glad this has been put in. It will actually give some people a reason to stick to hotjoin to learn how to PvP rather than jumping into solo queue immediately (though, most new people do any they are horrible because of it).

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

No I didn’t mean “this will be good” sarcastically either.

I’m actually glad this has been put in. It will actually give some people a reason to stick to hotjoin to learn how to PvP rather than jumping into solo queue immediately (though, most new people do any they are horrible because of it).

You may be right IF and only if HJ were teaching anything to new PvPers…
I keep wondering why we don’t have a not-ranked queue for this purpose and leave HJs to… whoever likes them.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

actually, i came up with an excellent method to determine the “end of match participation gold reward” formula.

use team points. really. it is that simple.

for example,
if end of match participation gold reward for team arena is 1 gold
winning team scores 500
losing team scores 300
winning team gets 500 / 500 × 1.00 gold = 1.00 gold
losing team gets 300 / 500 × 1.00 gold = 0.60 gold
winning team then gets additional 2 gold for winning the match
losing team gets 0.60 gold for their effort of 300 team points

then we look at another scenario where one team destroys the other team
winning team scores 649
losing team scores 100

winning team gets 649 / 500 × 1.00 gold = 1.298 gold
losing team gets 100 / 500 × 1.00 gold = 0.20 gold

in this system, if people wanna farm in team arena, they need to put in some effort to score some team points or else they do not get much at all.

in PvP

Verdelet Arconia.6987

actually, i came up with an excellent method to determine the “end of match participation gold reward” formula.

for example,
winning team scores 500
losing team scores 300

winning team scores 649
losing team scores 100

in this system, if people wanna farm in team arena, they need to put in some effort to score some team points or else they do not get much at all.

Supports this idea

in PvP

Tranassa.4968

I like the idea, i also like that the formula is not taking top stats into acc, because then people would try to farm as much top stats as possible. The formula is simple and also rewards the loosing team if they play “good”, meaning if the match is close.
Gold for good TEAM play! And it is easy to adjust the amount of money

But i’m a little bit worried about manipulation… you could create even matches by purpose… for example if you are playing team arena at off time with two teams. it would be likely that you face the other team… Also you good loose all games by purpose at the beginning to lower your mmr dramatically, then you could sync against the other low mmr team… and switch the winning team every turn… Don’t know how to adress this

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@Verdelet Arconia:
thanks for the +1 !

@Tranassa:
the sounds complicated.
well i guess the odds of that happening would be less frequent if there are a lot of teams playing team arena.

in PvP

Tranassa.4968

even with a healty population you can lower your mmr and force the system to put you into a match with your sync team… was already done a lot in gw 1 gvg

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I understand that the team arena format is a higher competition format… but that leaves me lingering with a question.

Are the rewards for playing solo / tournament arenas going to be linked to your rating?
If not the whole argument of rewarding a more competitive scene kind of goes to waste, as really bad people would still get rewarded more in low rated matches.

I’m going to be honest here: I never thought about it that way, and you make an extremely good point. Rewarding people for how hard they work, instead of how good they work, I wish real life had more of that ;D

Still, I can’t wait for ladders, and the livestream :D

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

for example,
winning team scores 500
losing team scores 300

winning team scores 649
losing team scores 100

Supports this idea

That sounds like it could work, actually.

In solo Q, if you had a leaver, their reward should be spread out amongst the rest.

For example (1 gold per 500 points, its an easy number and i have no calc atm):
The team with only 4 players decide to just go afk after grtting destroyed, lose 10-500:
10/500*1=0.02G=2S
An extra 2 silver is spread out over the other teammembers: thry all get 2.5S each.
Now lets say they keep playing and still manage to pull in a 300-500 lose.
300/500*1=0.60G=60S
The extra 60S is shared, giving the remaining 4 teammembers 75S instead of 60.

Its just an example :P. it could work if win and lose bonusses are much higher, so you dont get extremely low money for losing 100-500, even if you tried hard. (4vs5 can be difficult, lol)

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

teamQ should never have higher priority in the state it is right now

before there have to be a team ladder and teamQ have to be join as team only

when not than teamQ is just farming randoms and should never be rewarded at all

or make it reward higher only when 5ppl team vs 5 ppl team

in PvP

Tranassa.4968

In solo Q, if you had a leaver, their reward should be spread out amongst the rest.

I like this idea Same for afk people (having 0 personal score).

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!