I'm a bit disturbed over the rank changes

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

As the forums are well aware, next patch is bringing free dragon to all! That’s all well and cool because the current rank/reward system is a pile of crap. As a player who’s rank 71 now, I’m alright with not being able to show off my finisher and all that jazz. I’m even alright with being rank 80 4x over.

The one thing that’s really been bugging me though is the fact that I am going to be punished for being higher ranked than 55 at this point. It simply boggles my mind.

I hate to be the one to play the victim card, but no matter how you cut it anyone who has spent a second in pvp over rank 55 before they added chests is getting screwed. Those who are super high rank, like myself, are just getting the D even harder.

I mean, I partook in the system you created more than most of your playerbase. In PvE and WvW that means something. But because I’ve PvPd I’m now going to receive less rewards than those who didn’t. Honestly it doesn’t matter too much. It’s more symbolic than anything…

Could I at least get an apology? “Sorry for kittening you for playing our game” would be fine :P

Source:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/April-15th-Effort-Require-to-Rank-up-in-PvP/first#post3832959

Edit: What I mean is that chests are not going to be retroactive. A player who is currently rank 55 will receive chests all the way up to dragon rank, 35 or 36 according to Evan. Because I am rank 71 I will receive 9 or 10 chests…

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

I jump on this boat as well.
Former release dedicated pvper and rank 69 + 2/3.

We are still waiting for a developer answer and a rework in order to make r70= dragon

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

If the rank revamp stays the same, a little something to show off for the people with your rank BEFORE the patch hits would indeed be a nice move.

Never underestimate the power and preciosity of vanity show offs in a pvp environment.

GW1 bronze/silver and gold capes were a perfect design choice before guilds started to sell them.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

If the rank revamp stays the same, a little something to show off for the people with your rank BEFORE the patch hits would indeed be a nice move.

Never underestimate the power and preciosity of vanity show offs in a pvp environment.

GW1 bronze/silver and gold capes were a perfect design choice before guilds started to sell them.

It’s not even they didn’t think about that. It’s probably too late for them to even make something to replace the cool and exlcusive finishers we’re going to lose.

But it’s the fact that we’re being explicitly punished for being higher rank that gets on my nerves…

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

As the forums are well aware, next patch is bringing free dragon to all! …

This is where I stopped reading and realized you were qq enough to create a new post. There are several threads already open and active for you to qq in. Please go there.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

This is where I stopped reading and realized you were qq enough to create a new post. There are several threads already open and active for you to qq in. Please go there.

Yet no developer is confirming wether they are reconsidering that dumb change to r55 instead something more reasonable like upper r60´s/70

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

I dont think there’s any single thread made to point out that rank 70s are legitmately being punished because they aren’t being rewarded as much as a rank 55, regardless of how they’re already being screwed out of being ahead of the pack.

The differences in chests gained from 55-80 and 70-80 is an explicit mistake and something I think is thread worthy.

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

I dont think there’s any single thread made to point out that rank 70s are legitmately being punished because they aren’t being rewarded as much as kitten , regardless of how they’re already being screwed out of being ahead of the pack.

The differences in chests gained from 55-80 and 70-80 is an explicit mistake and something I think is thread worthy.

I think the biggest punishment is that you actually played this game in this kittenty state all the way up to rr71 brother :P

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

I am not sure, if the way you imply that it is gonna happen, is the way it is actually gonna happen. Maybe a Dev can clarify.

Fixi

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

I am not sure, if the way you imply that it is gonna happen, is the way it is actually gonna happen. Maybe a Dev can clarify.

read the thread that I linked in my original post.

You will only get a chest per rank to 81. You will not get more than (81 – current rank) chests.

in PvP

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

The real problem is that Anet doesn’t care what happens to PvP. They don’t care about the minuscule amount of legit r70 people on NA who are getting shafted. They didn’t care about PvP when skyhammer farming was running rampant and devaluing ranks.

But it’s totally ok cuz in 5 years we will get another gamemode and this game will be #1 esport with 50million viewers on twitch

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

As I’ve said in other forums, there is one really easy fix to this issue… do not cap levels at 80. I do think the 20k per level is a good idea. I also think that as people progress, they should also see a higher rank.

If that means someone who is currently a level 71 becomes a level 200, so be it. It also allows ANET to introduce awards above level 80. For example, maybe level 8o is dragon, maybe level 100 is elder dragon. Maybe at level 150, a virtual Jonathan Sharp appears and beats on the corpse of your enemy.

You get the idea… no good reason to cap the levels at 80.

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

I’m only rank 42 but this ticks me off anyway. ANET just does not give a toss about their PVP veterans and have shown this time and time again. There’s no reason not to give retroactive chests to those who will have ranked over 80 at all. The numbers are there for ANET to calculate how many chests are owed. This isn’t even going to screw over the economy since only a handful of players are in this current situation.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

As the forums are well aware, next patch is bringing free dragon to all! That’s all well and cool because the current rank/reward system is a pile of crap. As a player who’s rank 71 now, I’m alright with not being able to show off my finisher and all that jazz. I’m even alright with being rank 80 4x over.

The one thing that’s really been bugging me though is the fact that I am going to be punished for being higher ranked than 55 at this point. It simply boggles my mind.

I hate to be the one to play the victim card, but no matter how you cut it anyone who has spent a second in pvp over rank 55 before they added chests is getting screwed. Those who are super high rank, like myself, are just getting the D even harder.

I mean, I partook in the system you created more than most of your playerbase. In PvE and WvW that means something. But because I’ve PvPd I’m now going to receive less rewards than those who didn’t. Honestly it doesn’t matter too much. It’s more symbolic than anything…

Could I at least get an apology? “Sorry for kittening you for playing our game” would be fine :P

Source:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/April-15th-Effort-Require-to-Rank-up-in-PvP/first#post3832959

Edit: What I mean is that chests are not going to be retroactive. A player who is currently rank 55 will receive chests all the way up to dragon rank, 35 or 36 according to Evan. Because I am rank 71 I will receive 9 or 10 chests…

this really sucks i know but you have to think they only want whats best for the majority of pvp players who complains bout the unachivable time needed to reach max level also. im with you that 70+ players shouldnt be bone about it. i say the everyone who will be bump up to rank 80 should get the same amount of chest reward/loot. hope that makes everyone happy. i hate that some of your peers makes multiple QQ threads about new rank balances.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

The real problem imo is there is no system in place that we know about for milestones past r80. Dragon was a milestone now we need a replacement imo. If anet wanted to add on legendary’s for pvp add on gifts. ~r70’s before patch who will become ~r200 after gets x amount of gifts say 1 for each 100 ranks. That would be a repeatable milestone.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

As I’ve said in other forums, there is one really easy fix to this issue… do not cap levels at 80. I do think the 20k per level is a good idea. I also think that as people progress, they should also see a higher rank.

If that means someone who is currently a level 71 becomes a level 200, so be it. It also allows ANET to introduce awards above level 80. For example, maybe level 8o is dragon, maybe level 100 is elder dragon. Maybe at level 150, a virtual Jonathan Sharp appears and beats on the corpse of your enemy.

Theres absolutely zero difference if you where to make a rank 200 with a special finisher. It simply becomes the next “dragon”. If you’re going to add ranks after 80, you might as well keep the ranks the same they are now.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

gosh, how greedy can one be? so you get goodies, but you are sore that someone else got it too.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

gosh, how greedy can one be? so you get goodies, but you are sore that someone else got it too.

I think you’re misinterpreting my post. Reread and try again.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Fine, let’s go ahead and remove retroactive rewards entirely.

Would you be happier then? Knowing that no one got rewards, seems only fair then right?

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Fine, let’s go ahead and remove retroactive rewards entirely.

Would you be happier then? Knowing that no one got rewards, seems only fair then right?

Relax buddy, I’m quite sure you can understand how badly high ranked players had to work to reach their high ranks!

He’s simply asking why players that go from rank 55->80 get more rewards than those that worked harder and go from 70->80. Its quite unreasonable.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

He’s simply asking why players that go from rank 55->80 get more rewards than those that worked harder and go from 70->80. Its quite unreasonable.

Yes and no, one might say ~r70’s were rewarded the most if they played their cards right with glory to wintersday boxes and the dye market. If I was ~r70 I’d be more upset about not capitalizing on those than not getting champion bags. The skill points not being retro is bs though not sure if you can use skillpoints to make gold.

Don’t complain about not getting more champion bags than a r55. Complain about not getting legendary gifts that you need to pve for.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I think the biggest punishment is that you actually played this game in this kittenty state all the way up to rr71 brother :P

^ this.

But if your rank points are being scaled don’t you just keep getting more chests for every rank past 80? If it takes the same amount of exp from 31-32 as it is from 44-45 I’d suspect your going to blow out the numbers with it hitting 80 over and over… That’s a lot of stuff. Maybe I misunderstood the live stream but sounds like someone 70+ is going to go “$$ CHUUCHING $$” a lot more than going 55 – 80… I guess you lose out in the prestige but I think the point of it is to set rank 80 as a standard. Keep in mind they were going to scrap ranks all together, I think. This fits with their design choice…. And there is going to be more stuff coming in terms if prestige level beyond that of a tittle and a finisher.

Sure we lose out on the old system but the old system was kind of crappy to begin with, you get the short end of the stick for the sake of progress… But if I think the rewards are going to work the way I presume I don’t think that short end is as short as you think.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

uh at rank 80 it’s 20k rank points to rank up again. you’ll still be rank 80 after but you’ll get the reward boxes again. so actually you’re gonna log in with more reward boxes than any rank 55 will. at least that’s what i got from the ready up stream.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I’m a victim too! I’m only r54 and I play maybe once a week so I will never have the super powerful ultimate omega darkness assassin Dragon finisher.

this

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Theres absolutely zero difference if you where to make a rank 200 with a special finisher. It simply becomes the next “dragon”. If you’re going to add ranks after 80, you might as well keep the ranks the same they are now.

Wrong. You miss the point completely. Certain hard core people are willing to grind 450,000 for the next rank. People who are more casual want to see more frequent achievements. The goal here is to bring MORE people into PvP and KEEP them there.

My solution gives something for everyone. Casuals can see progression and the hardcores still have something to go after.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

uh at rank 80 it’s 20k rank points to rank up again. you’ll still be rank 80 after but you’ll get the reward boxes again. so actually you’re gonna log in with more reward boxes than any rank 55 will. at least that’s what i got from the ready up stream.

But if your rank points are being scaled don’t you just keep getting more chests for every rank past 80? If it takes the same amount of exp from 31-32 as it is from 44-45 I’d suspect your going to blow out the numbers with it hitting 80 over and over… That’s a lot of stuff. Maybe I misunderstood the live stream but sounds like someone 70+ is going to go “$$ CHUUCHING $$” a lot more than going 55 – 80… I guess you lose out in the prestige but I think the point of it is to set rank 80 as a standard. Keep in mind they were going to scrap ranks all together, I think. This fits with their design choice…. And there is going to be more stuff coming in terms if prestige level beyond that of a tittle and a finisher.

Sure we lose out on the old system but the old system was kind of crappy to begin with, you get the short end of the stick for the sake of progress… But if I think the rewards are going to work the way I presume I don’t think that short end is as short as you think.

Once again, if you read my post you would see that it’s not retroactive past 80. Rank 70s are going to receive less chests for reaching 80 than rank 55s.

in PvP

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

yea all the high ranked players are getting kittened over and all to make the game more casual, but have you seen what’s in those chests? i just ranked up recently and i got an essence of luck, a leveling tome, and a couple lvl 14 greens. like wtf how do you even call that rewards. giving me things to merch isn’t a reward.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

in PvP

Posted by: JTan.1687

JTan.1687

Hi im Super Mang Jose, they can give us a special finisher. For reaching 70 you get a Different Finisher so people know you get to 70 b4 the patch atleast we got some recognition. and for those shark they get a Shark Finisher that is diff for those players who have Bear that is bump up to dragon. what you guys think?

Super Mang Jose,Naomi j,Chzerie,Despicable Me
Champion Genius, Legionnaire, Paragon, Hunter, Illusionist,Phantom,Magus.
Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

they should make it like wvw

the next lvls you make after 15th you get double chests for the lvls you are higher than 55 before patch

or give everyone 25 chests who is 55+

simple^^

or make both – would be best

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

But:

1. You’re obviously a skyhammer farmer since there’s no other way you would have gotten so high.

2. You already got your rank chests as you ranked up to 70! All that loot…

/s

in PvP

JTan.1687

But:

1. You’re obviously a skyhammer farmer since there’s no other way you would have gotten so high.

/s

Um b4 accusing you might want too check our matches played. on solo q and team q.

Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

But:

/s

Um b4 accusing you might want too check our matches played. on solo q and team q.

/s stands for “sarcasm”. It’s tragic that the situation is so toxic that we can’t even recognize when someone is joking.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

But:

/s

/s stands for “sarcasm”. It’s tragic that the situation is so toxic that we can’t even recognize when someone is joking.

Probably this guy is the only one who didn’t get it xD

in PvP

JTan.1687

im sory im new to forums. usually just play the game. i just propose something. about title and finisher idk about chest tbh.

Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

You want to stand out from others. Right now it’s your rank that makes you somewhat unique but the playing field will all be leveled out on Apr 15. However, your stats will remain the same. The amount of kills, wins, tournaments played, hours spent, and other stats that led you up to your currently unique rank will not change.

So, if you want the attention and adoration of the community, simply make a new thread and post a screenshot of your statistics every couple months. I’m sure you will get a very positive and warm-feeling response from the community each and every time.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

JTan.1687

You want to stand out from others. Right now it’s your rank that makes you somewhat unique but the playing field will all be leveled out on Apr 15. However, your stats will remain the same. The amount of kills, wins, tournaments played, hours spent, and other stats that led you up to your currently unique rank will not change.

So, if you want the attention and adoration of the community, simply make a new thread and post a screenshot of your statistics every couple months. I’m sure you will get a very positive and warm-feeling response from the community each and every time.

I dont need a screenshot because you can see it already on the leaderboards. i just suggest if you guys don’t like the suggestion its okay im suggesting it for the devs. if they approve then its ok if not its ok also its their game not mine.

Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

JTan.1687

But:

/s

Probably this guy is the only one who didn’t get it xD

yup i really did not get it. sorry im ignorant at this kind of things. could probably put the whole text so i can understand.

Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

why u guys so mad abut the rank, just write a number 9 on the corner of your monitor so u think you are rank 90 and still think you are the very best.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

why u guys so mad abut the rank, just write a number 9 on the corner of your monitor so u think you are rank 90 and still think you are the very best.

We don´t really need your trolling here.
Let us keep discusing this matter as it is serious for some of us.

I stand my point on r70 being the most accurate frame for a dragon finisher.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Didn’t read much of this but isn’t OP just flat wrong? You still can rank up at 80 it just doesn’t increase the #, so he gets like a zillion more chests than somebody 55

Anyway greed post is LoL

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Source:

Personally I don’t really see what the big deal is about. Finishers to me represents more clutter in a already visually cluttered game. The worm finisher would be a huge example of this. First A-net says that particle effects are affecting the game, but on the flip side they allow worm finishers into the game to visually kitten you during a important fight. So visually it’s going to be worse by this decision. However if you feel that rank 55 and up doesn’t “deserve” this useless add on then too bad I guess?

However I would rather have ladders and new game modes personally than a distraction on my screen, but that’s just me. So what, more people than you get a dragon? You’ll live. Personally I’m shocked that you actually spent the time to get to the rank you are now knowing the state of the rewards system. It’s equivalent to traveling to a destination that you know will be abandoned by the time you get there.

Countless

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Didn’t read much of this but isn’t OP just flat wrong? You still can rank up at 80 it just doesn’t increase the #, so he gets like a zillion more chests than somebody 55

Anyway greed post is LoL

Wrong. He gets 10 chests.

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Just put legendaries for 100 gems or cap max gold to 2k deleting everything above that cap (Many probably farmed gold too just like sh so where’s the point of having gold if someone farmed for it anyway…right?)…see if all those pve scrubs high rank-cheap cool emotes wannabes who’re saying “This is for game’s health, don’t care about those few getting chated” and stuff would agree with this too…cheap ranks for everyone and cheap legendaries too…sounds good to me

You know even new pve players are scared about high prices, everyone with tons of legendaries and so on…this would bring more players for sure making them confortable (Even if it WASN’T so confortable before, but who cares? This would be for game’s health…so enjoy the sacrifice)

Would you like it or countless pve heroes would istant-quit this crap game? Answer me or gtfo

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Just put legendaries for 100 gems or cap max gold to 2k deleting everything above that cap (Many probably farmed gold too just like sh so where’s the point of having gold if someone farmed for it anyway…right?)…see if all those pve scrubs high rank-cheap cool emotes wannabes who’re saying “This is for game’s health, don’t care about those few getting chated” and stuff would agree with this too…cheap ranks for everyone and cheap legendaries too…sounds good to me

You know even new pve players are scared about high prices, everyone with tons of legendaries and so on…this would bring more players for sure making them confortable (Even if it WASN’T so confortable before, but who cares? This would be for game’s health…so enjoy the sacrifice)

Would you like it? Answer me or gtfo

+1. We’ll only kitten off a minority of players and that’s good for the game. Besides, those with lots of gold probably just farmed it.

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

You will only get a chest per rank to 81. You will not get more than (81 – current rank) chests.

Its more likely that he merely wanted to state, that the rank up awards aren’t given out when ranking up beyond 80/81 (they stated you can rank up further like in pve).

Fixi

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Would you like it? Answer me or gtfo

+1. We’ll only kitten off a minority of players and that’s good for the game. Besides, those with lots of gold probably just farmed it.

And even exploited dungeons maybe, who knows… If anet can ask high rank pvp players to sacrifice for game’s sake let’s sacrifice all together then, supporting something that is not gonna hurt you is too easy…would really like them supporting anet’s crap in this case lol

Anyway 1 day left to 1st account unban..

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Its more likely that he merely wanted to state, that the rank up awards aren’t given out when ranking up beyond 80/81 (they stated you can rank up further like in pve).

No, it’s pretty clear what he meant. The max chests a person will get is 25. And that’s for an r55 player. Future ranking ups are a different matter of course. But someone who’s currently r70 gets badly shafted.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Rank was farmed in custom arenas, making it pointless.

Yes, thanks to a few guys doing something to get it much easier than you, yours is worthless.

So be happy they at least listened to us and kept it in any form at all.

It’ll be nice if there was bonus chests per day or level over time, but I would not expect much. Remember you could have gotten all those skins unlocks and dyes new players won’t be getting.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Rank was farmed in custom arenas, making it pointless.

Yes, thanks to a few guys doing something to get it much easier than you, yours is worthless.

So be happy they at least listened to us and kept it in any form at all.

It’ll be nice if there was bonus chests per day or level over time, but I would not expect much. Remember you could have gotten all those skins unlocks and dyes new players won’t be getting.

Without statistics, you can’t say that “rank was farmed” to any significant level. I’m willing to bet that no skyhammer farmer is r70 right now. Not one.

in PvP

Posted by: Teo.4239

Teo.4239

I’m a bit disturbed at how full of yourself you are , Ostrich Eggs….