I'm done

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

- this meta bridges the difference between a good player and a mediocre player.
- specs with unmatched sustain and top damage output are flawed and bad design, not to mention that most of them now are paired with over decent mobility.
- specs with ridiculous damage should never have high enough healing coefficent to fully heal self after getting close to death with tiny cooldowns.
- players while unable to take damage should NOT deal damage also.
- the ability to have more invulnerable uptime than vulnerable is bad design and should never happen in any game.
- the protection and boon uptime paired with never seen healing tossed around is bad design and not healthy for gw2pvp
- passive activated traits and abilitys are bad design and are unhelthy for skillful play in any shapes.
- defensive abilitys should NEVER have bigger damage coefficents than offensive ones.
- getting back up a downed ally should NEWER be easyer then for the opponent to finish.
- high risk builds should have ANY reward if not even high.
- Noone should EVER think on any serious competition on ANY company without PvP balance separated from the rest gamemodes.
- if the majority of the playerbase is unsatisfied and the frustration is tactile, then inmediate communication is required and rather fast changes.
- list goes on…

i’ve been never been praying so hard for NCSoft selling the game.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

They literally just did a hotfix.
Chill.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

I'm done

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

They literally just did a fix.
Chill.

corrected your quote.

this was everything but ‘HOT’…
Edit: this fix does not solve the majority of problems

I'm done

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Chill.

corrected your quote.

They can’t just suddenly shift the meta while a tournament is actively being held.
And it wasn’t blatantly obvious how broken some of the things they nerfed were, until early December.

They’re taking advantage of the break they’ll have.

It’s a HOT fix.
Now, move along.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

- this meta bridges the difference between a good player and a mediocre player.
- specs with unmatched sustain and top damage output are flawed and bad design, not to mention that most of them now are paired with over decent mobility.
- specs with ridiculous damage should never have high enough healing coefficent to fully heal self after getting close to death with tiny cooldowns.
- players while unable to take damage should NOT deal damage also.
- the ability to have more invulnerable uptime than vulnerable is bad design and should never happen in any game.
- the protection and boon uptime paired with never seen healing tossed around is bad design and not healthy for gw2pvp
- passive activated traits and abilitys are bad design and are unhelthy for skillful play in any shapes.
- defensive abilitys should NEVER have bigger damage coefficents than offensive ones.
- getting back up a downed ally should NEWER be easyer then for the opponent to finish.
- high risk builds should have ANY reward if not even high.
- Noone should EVER think on any serious competition on ANY company without PvP balance separated from the rest gamemodes.
- if the majority of the playerbase is unsatisfied and the frustration is tactile, then inmediate communication is required and rather fast changes.
- list goes on…

i’ve been never been praying so hard for NCSoft selling the game.

“Quit” last week myself. No longer taking leagues or rank serious for the numerous reasons (you did a good job listing several). Still sign in and play a few matches a day, but as far as really giving a kitten and spending hours trying to get a string of wins… Nope. Not worth it this season. Probably won’t next either.

I also have some hopes for what NCSoft might do with ArenaNet.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Chill.

corrected your quote.

They can’t just suddenly shift the meta while a tournament is actively being held.
And it wasn’t blatantly obvious how broken some of the things they nerfed were, until early December.

They’re taking advantage of the break they’ll have.

It’s a HOT fix.
Now, move along.

It’s not that hot if it’s taking place after a month of preparations and evaluations.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

Can I have your stuff? 1st

I'm done

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

bad question.
You can’t!

I'm done

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

i’ve gone back to Diablo 2 (last Patch 1.13c was released on 23 March 2010)
i’d say there are many questionable setups, but it’s the heaven of balance compared to gw2
also i’m having more fun on a game released in 2000 than on gw2! :’) this should indicate something imo!

gl with your game NCSoft && A-net!

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

This game is just….. broken now. They are really super strong classes and super weak classes. And if you don’t play Meta, even “skilled” you can not just win, at least it is really difficult.

Those Game Designer doesn’t seem to talk together about balance. I don’t even feel them playing against each other and having some secret tester. To really test things.

Where are they now? Hollydays….. it shows much of care about balance and about us.

The game PVP has so much issue….
The first post in the Opening is totally right.
I loved PVP, but srsly…. i won’t play it until you do something about all this. So, i won’t loggin.

I'm done

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

BUT BUT BUT u know!!! we got more ESPURTZZZ @ diablo 2!
http://i.imgur.com/96yHMzsl.png

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Can I not have your stuffs?

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

I'm done

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

??? u late:

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

??? u late:

Read carefully. C:

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

The only reason D2 is so high is the occasional random streamer that picked up the game to play. Otherwise, it’s mainly RyuQuezacotl, a D2 speed runner. His stream is awesome (totally not promoting his channel on an irrelevant game……. heheh…….. heh….).

I'm done

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

The only reason D2 is so high is the occasional random streamer that picked up the game to play. Otherwise, it’s mainly RyuQuezacotl, a D2 speed runner. His stream is awesome (totally not promoting his channel on an irrelevant game……. heheh…….. heh….).

should i start streaming again or what? srsly the high pop of streaming is due to recent ladder reset thats true.
the 4xx vievs of gw is unarguably low

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

game wont get balanced, they will flip meta in favour of other classes, or change the skills damage so players set the same classes to other weapon and gear, then goto start, wait until people notice what is strong and super effective, reroll meta to another gear and weapon, repeat.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Leagues should never have come into the game before some long and extensive balancing was done following such major changes to all the professions.

Seriously, whoever thought having a competition like this RIGHT AFTER a major upheaval to the skills and traits of all the professions, plus the introduction of a completely new profession, was going to be a good idea?

Balancing of so much new content takes time. They should have given themselves that time to properly balance the new specializations and the Revenant before doing leagues. That would have been smart.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Mark my words.. This game is going to DIE before next expansion comes out!

I'm done

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Silly human, MMOs don’t die. They just get remade.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Wait for Guild Wars 3. It has everything you love in Guild Wars 2, and more!

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

i’d say there are many questionable setups, but it’s the heaven of balance compared to gw2
also i’m having more fun on a game released in 2000 than on gw2! :’) this should indicate something imo!

Why no Diablo 3 but 2? I just seriously wonder

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

I'm done

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Diablo 3 was a massive failure by all accounts.
It never recovered, despite multiple attempts to do so.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

Yeah I quit too. I just dont have the heart to keep waiting and waiting and waiting without a promise that the balance patch at the end of January will actually bring any balance instead of just creating a new overpowered Meta.

My faith in the balance team is largely waning and I just log on for my dailies in a Hotjoin server when I feel like playing a bit. Otherwise I just log on for a few seconds to take my daily reward and go back to gearing my Warrior in WoW to prep for Legion’s launch.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

2 > 3

I'm done

in PvP

Harvey.7820

They just become Aion, Rift, SWTOR, Wildstar, Archangel, etc.. They become a conglomerate glob of available MMOs on the market that only a tiny population continue to play because they’ve already invested so much into the game and are unwilling to let it go.

GW2 had the potential to topple WoW’s waning popularity. It got so many things right. Dodge roll, action combat, unparalleled art team, B2P business model, gear neutralization in PvP, World vs World. So many things they did so right but with HoT it just seems they’ve become further and further removed from their vision of what GW2 should be and what made it great in the first place and more and more focused on Gem Store, paywalls, grind walls, time gates.

I mean, why was the Esports direction even taken?? It was the marketing guys who thought it would be a good idea, not the developer’s original vision when GW2 launched. Any company that lets its marketing team run the final decision will get exactly what Anet has on its hands right now: a bitter playerbase that feels it’s been alienated and exploited for money while the company no longer has the player’s best interests in mind.

GW2 feels a lot more about how I can help fund Anet as a company than how much fun I’m having in the game. The immersion is leaving and along with it the playerbase.

Will GW2 die? Probably not, will it join the mass of MMOs that nobody cares about anymore and slowly withers away as its disgruntled veterans move on to other games?

My fear is that it already has.

I'm done

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

They just become Aion, Rift, SWTOR, Wildstar, Archangel, etc.. They become a conglomerate glob of available MMOs on the market that only a tiny population continue to play because they’ve already invested so much into the game and are unwilling to let it go.

GW2 had the potential to topple WoW’s waning popularity. It got so many things right. Dodge roll, action combat, unparalleled art team, B2P business model, gear neutralization in PvP, World vs World. So many things they did so right but with HoT it just seems they’ve become further and further removed from their vision of what GW2 should be and what made it great in the first place and more and more focused on Gem Store, paywalls, grind walls, time gates.

I mean, why was the Esports direction even taken?? It was the marketing guys who thought it would be a good idea, not the developer’s original vision when GW2 launched. Any company that lets its marketing team run the final decision will get exactly what Anet has on its hands right now: a bitter playerbase that feels it’s been alienated and exploited for money while the company no longer has the player’s best interests in mind.

GW2 feels a lot more about how I can help fund Anet as a company than how much fun I’m having in the game. The immersion is leaving and along with it the playerbase.

Will GW2 die? Probably not, will it join the mass of MMOs that nobody cares about anymore and slowly withers away as its disgruntled veterans move on to other games?

sigh

“should be and what made it great in the first place and more and more focused on Gem Store, paywalls, grind walls, time gates.”

Gem Store <— The gem store focus is minimal now. They’ve largely just done mild reskins. Compared TO THE LITERAL 3 YEARS OF RESKINS WE’VE HAD

paywalls <— It’s an expansion, what the hell were you expecting?

grind walls <— The player base has asked FOR 3 YEARS NOW, TO HAVE ACTUAL END GAME GRINDING

time gates <— A natural part of end game grinding, and a reason to take a break from a CASUAL MMO

why was the Esports direction even taken? <— It was taken decades ago, they’ve been hosting tournaments for a while now.

Edit:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/check-out-the-esl-guild-wars-2-opening-cup-finals-this-sunday/

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.6819

Dave.6819

but what are the options? i mean.. i’ve been wanting to quit since june actually. basically when Thief was starting to get rekt. for me its very simple: balance team (if there is such) can’t do their job well? well then good luck and bye bye. cuz balance is everything. u get frustrated when your favorite class gets smashed out of balance. anyway i still play abit just because i can’t find any alternatives. any games out there that has a decent PvP system without broken balancing teams? (excluding Aion/Tera/Neverwinter/Rift/WoW/Wildstar). thats the stuff. we need some good alternative so we can just leave this mess behind and carry onto another game

Thief prof. really needs your attention
#dyingbreed

I'm done

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

but what are the options? i mean.. i’ve been wanting to quit since june actually. basically when Thief was starting to get rekt. for me its very simple: balance team (if there is such) can’t do their job well? well then good luck and bye bye. cuz balance is everything. u get frustrated when your favorite class gets smashed out of balance. anyway i still play abit just because i can’t find any alternatives. any games out there that has a decent PvP system without broken balancing teams? (excluding Aion/Tera/Neverwinter/Rift/WoW/Wildstar). thats the stuff. we need some good alternative so we can just leave this mess behind and carry onto another game

If by “broken balancing team”, you mean 1 class or another is eventually put into a position where it’s weaker than the others.
Then no.
Every single game you play will have that at some point.

Even the games people are looking forward to on these forums, B&S and BD, have some metagaming to them, where certain classes are weaker than others.

Also every game you’ve mentioned in that “except” is pretty much crap tier on this topic.

Don’t even get me started on WoW balance, jesus.

And don’t get me started on how none of those games are nearly as fun to play as GW2.

Perhaps, and this is just a suggestion, you should take a break from GW2?

You bought the game, you can come back any time free of charge.

Go play Planet Side 2 or something. Get a whole fresh experience, outside of MMORPGs.

By the time you come back, the meta will have shifted again.
And thieves will probably be back in it.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I have more than 9k hours played on this game, even complaining here and there still could find fun in some things which kept me playing. However can’t do that anymore, wvw is dead and pvp is a joke. Now I get on to talk to friends or to solo or duo a fractal or a dungeon and sometimes, even knowing better, every few days I try a couple of pvp matches then log off.

I went back to Mass Effect 3, playing insanity mode for the giggles while running the co-op multiplayer now and then with friends. Even with all the bugs Bioware didn’t fixed, still is providing me way more fun than GW2 can right now with the game in such a bad, dire state.

I really do hope Anet can listen to the player’s feedback, they can take the blindfold pushing them so hard for the HoT sales and e-sports which is making people quit the game daily frustrated to what GW2 has became specially if compared to 2012 and 2013. It is quite obvious the change of aim, specially with HoT.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

I have more than 9k hours played on this game, even complaining here and there still could find fun in some things which kept me playing. However can’t do that anymore, wvw is dead and pvp is a joke. Now I get on to talk to friends or to solo or duo a fractal or a dungeon and sometimes, even knowing better, every few days I try a couple of pvp matches then log off.

I went back to Mass Effect 3, playing insanity mode for the giggles while running the co-op multiplayer now and then with friends. Even with all the bugs Bioware didn’t fixed, still is providing me way more fun than GW2 can right now with the game in such a bad, dire state.

I really do hope Anet can listen to the player’s feedback, they can take the blindfold pushing them so hard for the HoT sales and e-sports which is making people quit the game daily frustrated to what GW2 has became specially if compared to 2012 and 2013. It is quite obvious the change of aim, specially with HoT.

This is quite funny to me because I recently too went back to playing Mass Effect! Going to redo the entire story
I miss Thane and Legion so F’ing much! >.<’
I am Sooo ready for Andromeda!

However, Gw2 to is just a game now…I play because I am on break but there is just not enough here anymore to help overlook the blemishes of Gw2 especially in pvp.

I feel like I have gone nowhere: let me introduce to the 2.5 million ways to Crowd Control the fire out of you.

Then I’m called trash for being one of these bunker builds!

No you nasty trick, I’m not a bunker, I can’t even get across the map with out there being 10 ways to get stability or resistance and tear down the infinite amount of boons everywhere. Guess what trait lines I have access to…not ones that promote damage I’ll tell you that much. Lets count how many first aid kits I can jam up the backside of my Mesmer.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

The “hotfix” literally fixed almost nothing.

I'm done

in PvP

Harvey.7820

sigh

“should be and what made it great in the first place and more and more focused on Gem Store, paywalls, grind walls, time gates.”

Gem Store <— The gem store focus is minimal now. They’ve largely just done mild reskins. Compared TO THE LITERAL 3 YEARS OF RESKINS WE’VE HAD

grind walls <— The player base has asked FOR 3 YEARS NOW, TO HAVE ACTUAL END GAME GRINDING

time gates <— A natural part of end game grinding, and a reason to take a break from a CASUAL MMO

why was the Esports direction even taken? <— It was taken decades ago, they’ve been hosting tournaments for a while now.

Edit:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/check-out-the-esl-guild-wars-2-opening-cup-finals-this-sunday/

So your sentiment is that nothing is wrong or out of ordinary right now in the current state of GW2? Is that honestly what you’re trying to preach?

I'm done

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

sigh

Edit:

So your sentiment is that nothing is wrong or out of ordinary right now in the current state of GW2? Is that honestly what you’re trying to preach?

My sentiment is that half of the kitten you guys are whining about, are things we’ve asked for.

We asked, pleaded, and begged for an expansion. As the game wasn’t keeping people interested with the living story.
Complaining that a kittening expansion costs money is ridiculous. Of course it costs money.

And all of the theory crafting that Elite specs were made OP because sell lotta copies lolololol.
NO GAME GETS THIS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Do you know how IMBA WoW was when Death Knight was released?
Or how IMBA every new character released in LoL is?

The Gem Store is fine. Again, really haven’t seen anything that would soak up significant dev time there.

Grind walls & time gates seem pretty fine to me right now.
They told us ahead of time that to complete the guild halls & etc would take months.

The meta? Yeah, the meta is IMBA atm. And? Again, name a game that doesn’t have this issue?

The frequency of patches? At least we have a schedule now, vs never knowing if they’re going to do anything at all.

The focus on ESports? If you haven’t noticed, Espuuurrttttzzzz is about the only reason WoW has any following now-a-days. 3v3 arena. Which, btw, is the most boring as hell thing to watch. At least 20x worse than GW2 currently is. They pumped money into being E-Sports because they know that’s what will keep this game from fading into oblivion like many before it.

The league system? We’ve asked for MMR to be visible. Now that it is, you’re all QQ’ing because it didn’t work out like you wanted. Is it perfect? Hell no. There’s a laundry list of things they could do better.

The only game mode actually broken atm, is WvW.
And frankly, that probably would be fine, if the elite specs actually changed anything about the meta in WvW.
But no, you have your same old GWEN armies slamming their kittens together.

I'm done

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

MMOs will never ever be balanced, but Devs should be working to keep the imbalance minimal so at least skill and teamwork can make up the difference.

When you have a game state where two professions are completely unviable, that’s when something is really wrong, not to mention the other barrage of problems.