I play a necro, but I traid a warrior for one play session...

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Keep in mind that some professions are harder to master than others. I believe Necro is the hardest, opinions may vary, but just keep this in mind. No we arent ignoring Necro, but once people start mastering DS, I’m afraid of how strong Necro will be. Give it some time for the average player to learn these things. For example early on in LOL master yi was dominant until people learned how to counter him.

MASTERING DEATHSHROUD!!!! are you kidding me? its a damage sponge that vanishes all too fast against multiple people and is hard to get back up because it requires opponent stupidity(hitting you during a spectral) or them to not dodge the fiew weapon skills that build it… Even if you have a full tank of ds they just need to immob you and cc you till its gone natural decay and all. if you cant master f1 then press 5 4 11111111111 then i dont know what to think… oh and consume condition is like a beacon shouting interrupt me im out of deathshroud and need to heal i will give you plenty of time to do so..

all healskills are easily interupted except HS, git gud

Yeah, like withdraw!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

Keep in mind that some professions are harder to master than others. I believe Necro is the hardest, opinions may vary, but just keep this in mind. No we arent ignoring Necro, but once people start mastering DS, I’m afraid of how strong Necro will be. Give it some time for the average player to learn these things. For example early on in LOL master yi was dominant until people learned how to counter him.

MASTERING DEATHSHROUD!!!! are you kidding me? its a damage sponge that vanishes all too fast against multiple people and is hard to get back up because it requires opponent stupidity(hitting you during a spectral) or them to not dodge the fiew weapon skills that build it… Even if you have a full tank of ds they just need to immob you and cc you till its gone natural decay and all. if you cant master f1 then press 5 4 11111111111 then i dont know what to think… oh and consume condition is like a beacon shouting interrupt me im out of deathshroud and need to heal i will give you plenty of time to do so..

all healskills are easily interupted except HS, git gud

Yeah, like withdraw!

ow yea and that one…thanks buddy

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Darksteel, if you can’t be respectful to posters like sagat and zap and Ron who are making civilised discussions with you then stop posting. All you are doing is stating your own facts without any legitimate proof. That’s very nice that you won a 1v1 against an ele, we are all applauding you.

Please don’t insult someone, then call them out for insulting you, that is basically asking for it.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Darksteel, if you can’t be respectful to posters like sagat and zap and Ron who are making civilised discussions with you then stop posting. All you are doing is stating your own facts without any legitimate proof. That’s very nice that you won a 1v1 against an ele, we are all applauding you.

Please don’t insult someone, then call them out for insulting you, that is basically asking for it.

A: who are you? an Anet dev?….no? ow oke…hush… B: that is your opinion. thanks for caring tho. ps. sagat got his post removed…civilized you say…lel get real buddy and mind your own biznizz -_-

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

A: who are you? an Anet dev?….no? ow oke…hush… B: that is your opinion. thanks for caring tho. ps. sagat got his post removed…civilized you say…lel get real buddy and mind your own biznizz -_-

You are on an online forum, this is anybody’s business as long as they wish to discuss.

That wasn’t an opinion. You are literally saying things that make no sense. You tried comparing life force to adrenaline, and when someone proved you wrong, you tried to play it off as if you were aware. If a necromancer could gain life force as quick as a warrior gains adrenaline the necromancer would be unstoppable. Aaaaaand that’s the type of uncivilised rebuttle I was looking for! Bravo!

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

story about the D/D cele ele (rank 80 champion magus in well known pvp gild and on ladder, I added player name too) vs zerker gs war (autowin for ele, but it didn’t) was in response to someone else braggng about winning 1v1’s vs top players…don’t try to put me in bad spot saying it in reponse…don’t act innocent :P rekt git gud

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

You are on an online forum, this is anybody’s business as long as they wish to discuss.

That wasn’t an opinion. You are literally saying things that make no sense. You tried comparing life force to adrenaline, and when someone proved you wrong, you tried to play it off as if you were aware. If a necromancer could gain life force as quick as a warrior gains adrenaline the necromancer would be unstoppable. Aaaaaand that’s the type of uncivilised rebuttle I was looking for! Bravo!

never said as fast as…only said both statr empty and can only be build in and maintained in combat (tho adrenaline drops when out of combat and lf does not)….stop lying, stop putting words in my mouth stop acting innocent…git gud, now get your attention elsewhere lol you are no anet dev…it’s not you to correct anyone even if youre correct about your statements…wich you are not

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

never said as fast as…only said both statr empty and can only be build in and maintained in combat (tho adrenaline drops when out of combat and lf does not)….stop lying, stop putting words in my mouth stop acting innocent…git gud, now get your attention elsewhere lol you are no anet dev…it’s not you to correct anyone even if youre correct about your statements…wich you are not

You still don’t understand that a necromancer with 0 life force has a very big disadvantage compared to a warrior with 0 adrenaline. I like the random “git gud” in your paragraphs, they really bring out that you’re struggling to even comprehend what everyone was trying to tell you. Yes I am aware I am not an arenanet dev…..you don’t need to be a dev to reply to comments!

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Nice necro thread. Pun intended.

Sooo, who mastered their Death Shroud yet, boys?

Leman

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

You still don’t understand that a necromancer with 0 life force has a very big disadvantage compared to a warrior with 0 adrenaline. I like the random “git gud” in your paragraphs, they really bring out that you’re struggling to even comprehend what everyone was trying to tell you. Yes I am aware I am not an arenanet dev…..you don’t need to be a dev to reply to comments!

git gud…another random one…or did you see it coming… necro needs a team buff skill/trait or anything…totally agree…other than that….necro is a superb class and lacks nothing…yes it needs to lack mobility…thats all folks….git gud. ps the reason why I resort to the git gud thing is cause people are putting words in my mouth and I clearly did not say that…example….I never said LF is built as fast as adrenaline…want me to be serious…stop lying

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

@Darksteel About the removed thread I apologize that your “behavior” got to me and I saw it as mean fun..but you still didn’t answer my question?? To what level do you play necro or understand it’s mechanics?? Is it just opinions that you will keep repeating or do you have a holy shield and lance vs the necro community?? I play warrior especially in WvW I know their limitations,when you say necro lacks nothing..what does a necro accomplish that another class can’t better other than corrupting spammable boons?

What are you trying to prove? Are you arguing just to argue?

Edit: plz stop putting dots and dots and dots between statements it’s not forever cool.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If duel was a mode necro would be the least performing because they start with 0 LF,necro is good 1v1…if you use LF as second HP you will die with zero and respawn with zero…unless of course you want to die with a lot of LF and be better next time. DS is not an active defense mechanic of course if it’s balanced for 5v5 it*can* become OP in 1v1 remember the scenarios above but then why did they chose it and made other sustain sources weak??

This may be 2 years but they have no credibility about this “DS is strroong and skillful mechanic”. Anet plz make a PvP 101 about necro so we can L2P!!

@Darksteel The devs love shoutbow let’s see if they can manage to bring back the other specs in the competition.

No man, necro wanting to start with LF because they would be ganged by 5 people fast,
it’s not the issue in 1v1.
in fact, my 0 hour necro can kill any warrior that is not top level in a dual with 0 LF
the only thing that really can kill a necro in 1v1 is mesmer or power ranger and thief

in fact warrior is the least performing class in 1v1s, it only works on point, theres no point? = not working. unless your opponent is super noob.

You know, using a Lich in a duel isn’t exactly fair.

Nice necro thread. Pun intended.

Sooo, who mastered their Death Shroud yet, boys?

I believe it’s higher concept than even Jon imagined.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Wow a meaningful conversation involving devs. Obviously it is therefore 2 years ago. About 1.5 years ago they gave up all development and communication. Shame!

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Mastering DS? Excuse me? What’s to master? What on earth do you think us Necros have been doing since BWE1?

The top necro players from Paradigm etc. are all saying similar things re: bugs, balance and design. I appreciate we might not have the same godlike holistic view of the design you’ve created here Jon, but there’s a serious shortage of people who think the necro is fine and any issues are a result of L2P deficit.

I don’t believe I’ve ever said this to a developer before, but if you could provide video proof of someone utilising DS to devastating effect I’d be more than happy to accept your statement as relevant/accurate. The “good PvP” videos of necros dried up immediately after BWE2 and the DS HP/LF nerf.

6 second ICD on DS which can be traited to stun break, give retaliation and stability for 3 seconds. um, yeah if you use death shroud on point you can turn a necro into a god.

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Mastering DS? Excuse me? What’s to master? What on earth do you think us Necros have been doing since BWE1?

The top necro players from Paradigm etc. are all saying similar things re: bugs, balance and design. I appreciate we might not have the same godlike holistic view of the design you’ve created here Jon, but there’s a serious shortage of people who think the necro is fine and any issues are a result of L2P deficit.

I don’t believe I’ve ever said this to a developer before, but if you could provide video proof of someone utilising DS to devastating effect I’d be more than happy to accept your statement as relevant/accurate. The “good PvP” videos of necros dried up immediately after BWE2 and the DS HP/LF nerf.

6 second ICD on DS which can be traited to stun break, give retaliation and stability for 3 seconds. um, yeah if you use death shroud on point you can turn a necro into a god.

So you would sacrifice your entire profession mechanic for a stun break every 7 seconds, and 50% uptime on retal and one stack of stability? That just goes to show how low peoples expectations are for the class. Could you imagine any other profession giving up their whole mechanic for that and being satisfied? That single stack of stability, stun break and retal will do almost nothing against an immobilize cc chain. Furthermore, you just gave up 8 trait points to get that.

Honestly, if you doubled the effect of all the on enter/exit DS traits they still wouldn’t be op. This is because you are either giving up 5 skills, tankiness and damage, or only going into DS about half as often as the theoretical maximum meaning you still only get about 50% uptime on boons. All the on enter/exit skills are weak because they have direct counters in boon removal, or timing damage around boons, and are balanced around theoretical maximums that never occur in actual. A similar trend can be seen with siphons, healing, and condition output on the class.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

(edited by zapv.8051)

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

So you would sacrifice your entire profession mechanic for a stun break every 7 seconds, and 50% uptime on retal and one stack of stability? That just goes to show how low peoples expectations are for the class. Could you imagine any other profession giving up their whole mechanic for that and being satisfied?

Many ranger would say yes. :-)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

This was the whole ignorance thing I was talking about. First, 10 second – 30% is 7 seconds, regardless of the tooltip error. It’s also not an “ICD”, I don’t think you know what that means. It’s just a CD, which by the way only starts as you EXIT death shroud. So to make your silly numbers a reality, you would have to flash it every 7 seconds and be literally defenseless otherwise and make no use of it’s abilities, and it wouldn’t be a very successful stunbreak if all you’re doing is flashing it every 7 seconds. The things you’re saying are of almost 0 practical use because you clearly have no idea how a necromancer works…

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

This was the whole ignorance thing I was talking about. First, 10 second – 30% is 7 seconds, regardless of the tooltip error. It’s also not an “ICD”, I don’t think you know what that means. It’s just a CD, which by the way only starts as you EXIT death shroud. So to make your silly numbers a reality, you would have to flash it every 7 seconds and be literally defenseless otherwise and make no use of it’s abilities, and it wouldn’t be a very successful stunbreak if all you’re doing is flashing it every 7 seconds. The things you’re saying are of almost 0 practical use because you clearly have no idea how a necromancer works…

He didn´t said anything about using DS every 6 (or 7) seconds. After you exit DS you have a CD of 7 sec and you can enter DS again after that time if you need to break stun and avoid a key burst move for example. The option is there.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

He didn´t said anything about using DS every 6 (or 7) seconds. After you exit DS you have a CD of 7 sec and you can enter DS again after that time if you need to break stun and avoid a key burst move for example. The option is there.

Which means you would have had to preemptively not used any time in DS just to predict another stun 7 seconds in the future. You’re only proving my point. You don’t understand the kitten class. “The option is there”. Flashing every 7 seconds is a performance nerf from even just using DS normally.

No matter what you do, you’re making huge sacrifices. DS is tied to a necromancer’s defense, offense, most don’t even run FitG because its a giant DPS cut. Taking retal on DS (which has only a minor effect when you are realistic in terms of DS usage) means you’re giving up might on Life Blast. Etc.

Point being, things are being said, and people have no clue what they’re really talking about.

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Which means you would have had to preemptively not used any time in DS just to predict another stun 7 seconds in the future. You’re only proving my point. You don’t understand the kitten class. “The option is there”. Flashing every 7 seconds is a performance nerf from even just using DS normally.

No matter what you do, you’re making huge sacrifices. DS is tied to a necromancer’s defense, offense, most don’t even run FitG because its a giant DPS cut. Taking retal on DS (which has only a minor effect when you are realistic in terms of DS usage) means you’re giving up might on Life Blast. Etc.

Point being, things are being said, and people have no clue what they’re really talking about.

Again nobody talked about using DS over and over again. After you exit DS you have options to build life force if you have already exausted it, but most players wont let it deplete.
I dont use retaliation but the might on life blast. I also use vital persistence, near to death and reapers precision. I usually dont have issues with life force.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

So… Why aren’t you on Abjured then? Seems you’re the only one who has “mastered” DS. Props to you.

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

So… Why aren’t you on Abjured then? Seems you’re the only one who has “mastered” DS. Props to you.

I didn´t mastered anything and i still think DS is really good. Imo to say that is not a good mechanic is wrong.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I didn´t mastered anything and i still think DS is really good. Imo to say that is not a good mechanic is wrong.

It’s wrong to say it’s “fine”. It has potential. There are deep flaws with it though. It has always been my philosophy, “Balance around good design, do not design around balance.” Because then you end up in a continual cycle of bandaid fixes. Like I said, a Necro can be sufficient, but it has a lot of flaws. The most glaring of which (IMO) is a class core mechanic that negates an entire trait tree of its own, and actually negates being supported. It is the only class in the game that does that… In no way can you argue that is not a flaw in design made for the sake of balance, and it should defined be adjusted. There are others, but it’s the most pressing.

If DS should negate healing, “Invulnerable” should too, and maybe even stealth and blocking, because that’s the exact idea that necromancers are held under for. DS is even a finite shield where invulnerability and blocking can potentially block thousands upon thousands of damage because it directly scales in defense against the number of enemies. Invulnerability is far more powerful than DS (defensively) and has no effect on healing. It makes no sense.

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

The thing is, (on the top of my head) only mesmer have invulnerability with their profession mechanic. I´m ok with changing utilities to give invulnerabilities / imunities to necros but that sustain should not be in DS.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I interpreted “on point” as meaning “flashing on cooldown to maximize uptime”. However, if I ever tried to do that I would die terribly. There’s no really good analogy I can think of in the game that could help you appreciate

Take any other class’s profession mechanic away for a few seconds of retaliation (that they have to trait) and a stun break + 3 seconds of 1 stack of stability (that they have to trait via Grandmaster) every 7 seconds. Thieves no longer have access to Steal to initiate instantly, nor can they use a stolen item to fear/gain a bunch of boons/etc. Warriors no longer use any of their F1 abilities. Mesmers can’t shatter their illusions for any reason. Engineers don’t get any of their secondary abilities. Elementalists don’t even fit this because the class would break if you couldn’t change elements. Guardians don’t get a heal, they don’t start with block, and they can’t get a block on demand. Rangers don’t get a Pet.

So maybe Rangers would take this. Maybe. Can you imagine any other class completely sacrificing their profession mechanic for a few perks that they have to spend 2 traits on and a total of 8 trait points to achieve? None of them even necessarily rely so much on their profession mechanic for survival, and they would still probably turn it down.

Too much “what if” balancing. The Necro class has all kinds of theoretical that simply doesn’t translate into practical.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Architecture.7524

Architecture.7524

First of all, necro needs to withstand CC.

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Again Jon support the making of a PvP 101 about necro,there should be no issues with it right?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

Two shotting thieves in DS on my zerker DS necro build is fun though

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Two shotting thieves in DS on my zerker DS necro build is fun though

We accept the challenge.

The Dhuumfire thread