If the devs don't play spvp why should we?

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

It’s like… why go to a chinese restaurant that chinese people don’t go to?

My god. This analogy is pretty bad. Not as bad as the ANET devs though in terms of balancing skills.

Better yet, why not be straight forward and say whats the point of playing this game when the devs refuse to learn from mistakes and are in denial?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

actually devs do pvp…. i ran into some in soloq…

i am not quite sure why they make certain changes or don’t

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

o_O Where to people come up with this stuff?

ALL of us play PvP. Though, I’ll give you that I’m no where near as good as Powerr, Grouch, Roy, Hugh, and Tyler. I’m pretty sure they’ve all made it to the top 100.

I play on Isle of Janthir, and you can usually find me in Solo Arena as Flux or Aegir.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

ALL of us play PvP. Though, I’ll give you that I’m no where near as good as Powerr, Grouch, Roy, Hugh, and Tyler. I’m pretty sure they’ve all made it to the top 100.

I play on Isle of Janthir, and you can usually find me in Solo Arena as Flux or Aegir.

Now people may leave when they see these two names…ah, I am just joking!

Powerr and Grouch used to be competitive players so this is no wonder but I am surprised about the other three.
What do you guys take from your occasional moments in sPvP however ? Which metrics ? Which impressions ? Any recent examples ?

in PvP

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

You playing warrior? or sin?

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

What do you guys take from your occasional moments in sPvP however ? Which metrics ? Which impressions ? Any recent examples ?

I love the game, but I have many of the same complaints as any of the other players on the forum. I was getting trolled pretty hard by Hugh the other day… hambow is pretty OP, has nothing to do with him being better than me.

I play lock-down mesmer and a Teldo engineer build, in that order.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

You just got respect from me, Justin.
Good to hear there is a consensus on a thing like Hambow.
Also nice seeing you play lock-down mesmer and Teldo engineer build.

(edited by Sari.9836)

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Good man Justin – now go over to the balance team and tell them the servers will all perish unless they fix that hambow crapola!

And tell them to tune down thieves so ele’s and mesmers can actually get some playtime!

I knew I liked you for a reason!

in PvP

Posted by: BlackenX.7386

BlackenX.7386

It just like:
If no devs play rangers, why design rangers like this ****?

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

And tell them to tune down thieves so ele’s and mesmers can actually get some playtime!

Yeah, thieves are the reason why eles are bad. Not because they have the lowest base health, lowest armor, terrible mechanics, a lack of defensive mechanisms, extremely telegraphed attacks with long cast times, absolutely godawful healing skills (probably the worst in the game), terrible utilities, bad condition removal, and extremely limited trait options. No, that can’t be the case.

And mesmers? Yeah, they’re terrible, even though all evidence shows that they are at least equal with thieves (due to their base health in exchange for armor, and a variety of offensive and defensive pluses), if not better than thieves.

From a) a severe lack of red tags in sPvP, but more importantly from b) the fact that apparently an 8% nerf to HealSig that is taking at least half a year from the initial start of the problem of HealSig to be addressed is considered “balance”.

quote=3631996;Phi Is Sly.1857:]You playing warrior? or sin?

[/quote]

I’m not sure why people (at least, a few people) are so amazed by this. LD is becoming the new FotM for Mesmers, and virtually every Nade/Bomb engineer build has turned into a face rolling mess that is nonetheless extremely difficult to kill and extremely potent.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I heard Allie doesnt let Evan Lesh play spvp because last time he did, he embarrassed her #truestory #Evanlesh2stronk #esportsstandsforevansports

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

OP pawned, +1 Justin.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Keep up the good fight Justin, and remember, our wants are more important than your job.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

ALL of us play PvP.

That’s the sad part, yea.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

Maybe a misunderstanding about the term “PvP”! Maybe he refers to pvp as the daily stress in the office with the other guys, or sports…

I love the game, but I have many of the same complaints as any of the other players on the forum. I was getting trolled pretty hard by Hugh the other day… hambow is pretty OP, has nothing to do with him being better than me.

Nice to hear that!

No go to the gym, learn Karate and Judo, go to the Balanceteam and show them what BALANCE is! And give them a punch from me too, TY

I also like the game, but i feel PvP is not worth playing it atm, maybe i will come back if you finaly made some major improvements.
I think the way you (ANet) are on ATM is the wrong way.
Rather then discussing balance with ppl who have no idea about balance, you should FINALY fix some things… Endless discussion with the wrong players will make the situation only worse

There are so many ppl in the forums that think warrior is well balanced… i could cry whenever i read that… Warrior is dominating both, PvE and PvP!

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I’d always see Grouch afk in the mists, never actually saw him play…….

Then again I’m a filthy casual so….

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

All of you “play” PvP, just like how John Peters was Rank 12 when skyhammer was released. Probably rank 15 now.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: xoom.4918

xoom.4918

I think acandis is targetting the wrong people. Please rename devs to Balance Team.
Pretty sure the sPvP team plays Team/SoloQ, in order for them to hopefully make new stuff for the sPvP format. Don’t forget that the sPvP team do not have any direct influence nor make the final calls on the balance changes, it’s the Balance Team that decides, on all 3 modes of the game.

Also, Mr O’Dell spends quite a bit of his time answering threads

(edited by xoom.4918)

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Touche, Justin.. Though, I don’t believe you. And if it is, indeed, true, then there are bigger problems.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Lock down mesmer and engineer?

My faith in arenanet is slightly less broken now, thank you :/.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I thought I won’t find more ridiculous topic on this forum O.o

So, if you worked at, let’s say, Audi, you’d have to use one?
If you produced clothes, you’d be forced to wear them, not other?
If you were working in Chinese restaurant, you’d eat there, even if you don’t like Chinese food?

I really suggest some people to go and make some game themselves (yes, it’s easy to make very basic thing with free tools) and then play it. Have fun… I didn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Do they all play warriors? That would explain a lot lol.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

Darkness AC19 actually made a good thread, holy kitten. The truth of the matter is that if Anet truly believed that pvp was balanced/good/had any future they would have implemented weekly, or at least monthly, tournaments similar to something like smite for even 500 dollars or something along those lines. Anet isn’t that stupid though, and realize that pvp is like a steaming pile of kitten, hence why they don’t do jack kitten. To my knowledge the only tournament that Anet sponsored was a kitten pax tourney that was organized by MIST LEAGUE. MIST LEAGUE THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!! #freenattyportman

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

your analogy is so bad, when i am abroad i never go to restaurants of my same nationality. They may be good but to me they will still be worse than what i could get at home so i may as well go to the mexican restaurant next street and fill myself up with chilli (i love chilli).

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

… hambow is pretty OP, has nothing to do with him being better than me.

Ok, so what are you guys doing about it? I mean besides that 8% shave…

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

More like: why go to a chinese restaurant, where the cooks don’t even know how to cook chinese.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Read his name tag. He’s a server programmer, not a balance dev. The people that need to play pvp more are the balance devs, and in particular they need to play it on non-warriors

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Read his name tag. He’s a server programmer, not a balance dev. The people that need to play pvp more are the balance devs, and in particular they need to play it on non-warriors

You guys=A-net. I’m sure he has discussions with the balance team.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

There’s a difference between playing SPvP and understanding SPvP.
The devs definitely play SPvP.

But understanding it, to the level where they can actually tweak it to be more enjoyable?
Ehh.
Ehhhhhh.

They seem to be deadset on balance bringing everything the game needs.
If most every spec is playable the game will be fine – Anet moto
Tragically… that’s childish… that’s half-baked logic…

Balance is nice, but that is it.
Flipping a coin is literally the most balanced game in the world… but it sucks balls to play.
Devs only have to fix extreme balance issues. The rest of their focus should be on expanding upon the elements of the game people enjoy… I know crazy right.

Support was balanced in LoL last meta. They were balanced 1-2 ability CC bots (if not useless) late game… but Riot is pushing to fix that because players enjoy being more useful late game than that.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

o_O

:/ ….. :I …. :O

THIS GUY PLAYS INTERNET

in PvP

Cynz.9437

well this pow pows guy certanly does

Attachments:

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

you are clearly not top 500 soloq to be able to have a chance to q with them to know what they play.

and i’m surprised that you don’t even know what Grouch plays, make me think that you are a PvE troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Games dead and they don’t care bud…invest your time into something else. A poke’mon game has 10x more views on twitch than GW2.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Better to find the one joint that all the chinese people go to, you know that one will be good and well taken care of.

actually it’s more like this…we want real Chinese food, but the devs play at the level of Manchu Wok (the bad, fried stuff).

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

they play pvp in isle of janthir i see 1 of them every now and them trolling players by having their arenanet tag and removing them, then leave when players start asking or demanding something lol only dev i see who plays pvp is powerr but then again maybe the others dont use thier arenanet tag when playing only powerr does. to devs whats powerr job in the company anyways?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I play, but not with my tag on. ~1200 games (50% of them rated): ~700 warrior, ~200 necro, ~200 engy. I consider myself in the “competative casual” category.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I play lock-down mesmer

You just became my favorite dev.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

I play, but not with my tag on. ~1200 games (50% of them rated): ~700 warrior, ~200 necro, ~200 engy. I consider myself in the “competative casual” category.

Is there anyone who doesn’t main a warrior? Besides Powerr and Grouch that is.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I try to dabble.

Edit: In before Powerr comes in and makes us all look bad.

Edit2: For the record, almost all of those QP are from when it went to 1 QP a win. =p

Attachments:

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I try to dabble.

Edit: In before Powerr comes in and makes us all look bad.

Edit2: For the record, almost all of those QP are from when it went to 1 QP a win. =p

Not going to lie, I laughed at the “I try to dabble”.

Also, dat Chinese food analogy…

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

ok so u guys play the game thats awsome …. so u know whats good and bad.

but everything stays the same… same gamemode, slow bug fix, blablablabla.

it makes me think that u guys cant change anything therefore u are of no use when u post on these forums other than to say upcoming changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Can’t help loving this game ;/

Watch us play at 2 today!

Attachments:

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Am I the only one who is like: WTF close to 6k tourneys and 5k won – WHAAT!?!?!?!
I’m stunned (and this time not by a warrior).

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Am I the only one who is like: WTF close to 6k tourneys and 5k won – WHAAT!?!?!?!

Tyler’s a beast. He’s probably the best all-around player in the company. The Jons have their specialties but Tyler can adapt

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Which lock-down mesmer build do you play?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

You guys been watching the recent tournaments with Cheese Mode?

Curious what you guys think about that double warrior comp beating down the competition.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Curious what you guys think about that double warrior comp beating down the competition.

8% shave will fix it…NO DOUBT.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Ofc it will fix Healing signet, just like improving Ele sustain by doing nothing the exact opposite will somehow improve the ele sustain.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

8% is the best place to start. This way, they can shave it a little at a time over patches and then finally find that sweet spot. So, if they shave 8% per patch until it’s fixed, warriors should be at the correct HPS from healing signet right around June….of 2018.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

more like they don’t get kitten queues with lv 1 noobs vs lv 60 or 4v5 all day with sweet mix of skyhammer

All is Vain~