"Insert Dev Bait Here"

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Since I’m bored I’m just going to go over a list of tons of things that need to be changed in spvp and me giving explanations for said changes.

Balancing SPvP individually——-

- This is probably the single most important change that the SPvP community needs whether you realize it or not. Not only does this make sense, but since SPvP is already isolated, not one change you make here effects the rest of the game. The way it currently works the devs expect us as players to think about the rest of the game before giving changes to a specific game type, however this way of thinking will never create good balance and the reason why is the majority of changes people suggest are obviously only made and will work for Spvp. WvW and PvE are very different in terms of balance and changes for one often conflict with the other two making the change almost meaningless to begin with.

New COMPETITIVE Game modes——-

The perfect example to bring up here is team deathmatch, but before I do, I’m going to explain why the current implementation of deathmatch on courtyard failed before giving my version of what I think will be successful.

The current team deathmatch failed is not because the game wasn’t balanced for it, but because the way the game was structured didn’t allow it to be successful. The two main reasons are the following

- The game isn’t round based
- Impatient players

Since courtyard isn’t round based, the winning team is determined by points, and obviously you get points by getting a kill. However the team who wins the match is more than likely determined the moment the first team kills a player of the opposing team that creates a snowball effect for the rest of the game. Part of this is due to not being rounds, and the other part which is players being impatient “prolongs snowball”. So once a single person is dead, the rest will surely follow, creating a handicap of having less numbers because your team is too impatient to wait to group up, instead running in to die because well……. they can. In a casuals eyes who wants to wait when you can get right back in the action, the game type as is essentially encourages it.

The structure of the game needs to eliminate these types of discrepancies as much of possible in order for things to go smoothly, here are my ideas.

Game Type

-Team Death Match 2v2, or 3v3
-Time Limit Per Round 3 minutes
-Best of 5 rounds
-You cannot stack stealth for longer than 10 seconds “see below”
-You cannot break combat “see below”

-If an event occurs that either no players died after each round from either team, the winner of that round will be determined by which team did more damage total.

-If an event occurs that the majority of your team dies but you are able to live until the timer, you still have the potential to win the round if your teams damage total is greater than the opposing team. This makes the match exciting until the very end, giving opportunities to carry, not to mention awesome comebacks despite lacking numbers.

-Obviously killing the entire enemy team wins the round by default

Reasoning

Having rounds ensures that regardless of competitive or casual play, the possibility of someones impatience aka running out as soon as they respawn is reduced to zero.

-Easy to Spectate since it’s a small map

-Not having stealth and no combat break goes hand and hand. No stealth above ten seconds because it simply isn’t fun to watch, and no combat break for the same reason, but also for the fact that since it translates into health. That type of play style or mentality is not only game breaking, but something that shouldn’t even be considered to determine the outcome of a match. In a competitive game kiting and running away to break combat for the sole purpose of gaining health should never be considered a form of attrition.

-No camera panning every few seconds based off what the shoutcaster deems as “exciting”. Removing the possibility of missing some game changing fights completely.

- Less people for each team = more teams = more competition with even a LOW playerbase as with this one. Don’t give me the excuse that adding a new gametype will lower numbers more, numbers were going down before stronghold. The game mode wasn’t the cause of dwindling players.

The last reason above is probably the single most important thing to consider when trying to make another game mode, imo it has to be less than 5 players. Not only will it satisfy the community right now in terms of competition, but through its success it will only get bigger because there is no barrier of entry “aka gw2 heart of the mists being free to play”. is minimal.

Proper Rewards——-

Never in a million years would I consider cosmetic wings that make you look like a kittened butterfly rewarding for my effort in “leagues”. The way it is now Spvp’ers are second class citizens compared to the rest of the game in terms of rewards and gold. Give the player choice when it comes to customizing their characters aesthetics. This can be accomplished in one way which is the following

- Giving the player considerable gold per win in ranked que, getting more gold per tier in division , so they can save up to buy skins from the action house.

Proper Leagues——-

No league in which time invested is a guaranteed way to the next division isn’t a league, it’s a grind. If you’re going to make it a grind just change the name to grind so you’re not lying to your community, at least you’d be honest with your intentions. Players want their icon to represent their skill in the game. And that icon is essentially meaningless if someone can invest a long amount of time with no player skill to get to the same point.

Solo Q——-

Not everyone who plays your game is going to find 4 other people to play conquest with, but that doesn’t mean that they should be treated to hell on earth because of that simple fact. Having the ability to que solo should be a different search pool than people who are in a group of 2 or more, period. This should exist for all game modes. There is no excuse not to do this.

Build Diversity & Power Creep——-

With the expansion hit, build diversity went down and power creep went up. The reason for this is that the elite specializations were very strong, even presumably on purpose to sell copies. However by doing that you not only made elite specs mandatory to be competitive, but taking build diversity down the tubes as a result. A new specialization should be adding to build diversity as a whole, not restricting it but making it a no brainer in terms of what to pick. So if they fix power creep by balancing the elite specs, then build diversity should fall into place. If you’d like an example for this, simply click the link below. I used mesmer as an example in my changes.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Countless-How-To-Improve-Build-Diversity/first#post6124703

That’s pretty much the main things that I can think of that are the underlying causes of what seriously needs to be looked at. Hopefully you enjoyed. If you have any constructive feedback please let me know, thanks.

Countless

(edited by Trigr.6481)

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Insert my Dev Bait here:

A way for PVP players to know where to look for SPVP team/guild. It’s too niche to get into the same forum of PVE guild that constantly flood our niche needs.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Feedback-need-from-Pvp-players-for-team/first#post6226867

Skill-based match-making:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Skill-based-or-Grind-based-rank-system/first#post6196095

Pvp business Model:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/sPvP-needs-its-own-business-model/page/2#post6050376

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

- This is probably the single most important change that the SPvP community needs whether you realize it or not. Not only does this make sense, but since SPvP is already isolated, not one change you make here effects the rest of the game. The way it currently works the devs expect us as players to think about the rest of the game before giving changes to a specific game type, however this way of thinking will never create good balance and the reason why is the majority of changes people suggest are obviously only made and will work for Spvp. WvW and PvE are very different in terms of balance and changes for one often conflict with the other two making the change almost meaningless to begin with.

The Lesh Prince recently developed some tech that makes skill-splitting more feasible than it was previously – you’ll see some PvP (and PvE) splits in the next balance update. It’s important to understand that changes will still need to be global, but we’ll definitely have a bit more flexibility moving forward.

Keeping parity between modes when possible is important to us – but when it’s not feasible we’ll look at splits.

edit: that clickbait though

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

The Lesh Prince recently developed some tech that makes skill-splitting more feasible than it was previously – you’ll see some PvP (and PvE) splits in the next balance update. It’s important to understand that changes will still need to be global, but we’ll definitely have a bit more flexibility moving forward.

Keeping parity between modes when possible is important to us – but when it’s not feasible we’ll look at splits.

It worked! Now while we have you attention * lists hundreds of subjective improvements that haven’t been fully thought out yet *. /s

Seriously though, what would you think about potentially increasing the value of shards of glory by allowing them to be used to purchase arena tokens for custom arenas?

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

(edited by alemfi.5107)

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

I agree basically with everything

The sad story They invested a lot of time making a second game mode less fight oriented and in theory more casual. They got totally the opposite considering how much is difficult to coordinate in stronghold without a shared plan + ts.

And it’s a terrible game mode for tournaments and spectators, so no surprise at all there are super huge queues because only few people play it and it’s not supported in tournaments.

Arena 2vs2 was supported from esl, always had really good spectators quantity on twitch (considering it wasn’t an official game mode), a very good training for conquest too.

For the next xpac don’t try to remake the wheel, just support, improve and expand what already works in this game.

And pls do something for the rewards, lost the count how many good suggestions we already wrote in the forum and we have nothing for s3 (and probably s4).

About matchmaker there already Tons of topics about how bad it is and why so it’s pointless to add more words.

(edited by Phil.8901)

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

you’ll see some PvP (and PvE) splits in the next balance update.

And WvW?

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You probably aren’t at liberty to tell us until the balance patch goes live. But will this be splits in the actual skills between PvP and PvE, or splits as in Conditions/Boons have different rules in PvP and PvE to allow the skills to remain the same in both game modes but have PvP be much more balanced without nerfing the PvE experience?

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Quick question,

After season 4, with the Ascension being attainable through a secondary means, will progress made currently shorten the necessary grind to get it next year, or will we have to complete an entirely new set of achievements to attain it?

Basically, I just reached Year of the Ascension 4, and I’m wondering if I stopped now, would the fact that I’ve completed 1-3 give me a head-start on attaining the wings later, or would I have to do something different in it’s entirety?

I know you can’t give all the info as to how to attain it post-season 4, but curious if you could shed any light on this point.

One foot out the door, yet again.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

What Anet shouldn’t do: Have the split skills work vastly different between PvE and PvP. In GW1, some of them used to be completely different from each other.

What Anet should do (and abuse): Change the numbers between different versions but keep the same mechanics and “feel”. There’s a massive amount of useless PvE skills out there that could benefit from PvE-only buffs.

(Unfortunately, “Keeping parity between modes when possible is important to us” might still translate to “if a skill is fine in PvP, it’s okay if it’s useless in PvE, as long as it’s useful in at least a single game mode” philosophy).

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

And WvW?

wvw is pve

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The Lesh Prince recently developed some tech that makes skill-splitting more feasible than it was previously – you’ll see some PvP (and PvE) splits in the next balance update.

Which is great news until:

It’s important to understand that changes will still need to be global, but we’ll definitely have a bit more flexibility moving forward.

..basically invalidates the whole thing.

So basically next to nothing is going to change, unless this new “flexibility” is a huge amount of flexibility.

PvP and PvE need to be completely disconnected.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

And WvW?

wvw is pve

yep in the same way sPVP is PVE because there some PvDoor and PvLord.

WVW is the real PVP.

downed state is bad for PVP

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Nice thread. I’m just excited to see what they are going to nerf on Revenant next and which class they are going to break. My money is on DH

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: arieaod.9614

arieaod.9614

how about returning the Elementalits shouts back to normal? i mean the 5 sec extra cooldown is really anoying, also, the aura’s could go back to 5sec each, and not 4

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

The dev comment just brought me back to the game. There is hope.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I don’t understand this. The engine has always had the capability of balancing spvp and pve/wvw separately. Early on they were balanced separately.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I don’t understand this. The engine has always had the capability of balancing spvp and pve/wvw separately. Early on they were balanced separately.

Technology to simplify the skill splitting process, reducing it to a more sensible workload

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Earlier, devs had said that they didn’t want to split skills between pvp and pve. Now you’re saying that it’s possible because of new tech. Which is it? Has Anet’s stance on splitting skills between PvP and PvE changed? How is WvW being taken into consideration? Will there be a 3-way split? WvW stats need WvW balancing. In PvP, you have at most 2200 power, while in WvW you can easily get to 2800.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

lol stop complaining or making fun of their new tech, for now they are doing something good. They are Listening to their community. They may add 3 way split later but for now this is a step in the right direction.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Woohooo! Thank you anet for listening to our feedback you guys rock!

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Well this is good news indeed! Thank you @Josh Davis for giving us something to look forward to.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

pls my love grouch let there be a hunter’s ward split it needs to happen sosososososossosososososososososo bad

gerdian

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

to OP, very good post sums up what ppl think ATM with good reasoning.
With this I don’t agree though:
“-If an event occurs that the majority of your team dies but you are able to live until the timer, you still have the potential to win the round if your teams damage total is greater than the opposing team. This makes the match exciting until the very end, giving opportunities to carry, not to mention awesome comebacks despite lacking numbers.”
This could still cause a person to kite all game once his teammate dies.

And also about PvP rewards. There should be something to show off your PvP skills with, like mini llamas once used to(before they added the llamas to a vendor). Those wings can be acquired eventually by everyone so I am against the way to obtain it rather than the skin. The league badges themself would be really prestigeous if the ladder wasn’t a grind.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

As mesmer i wish those wings would look more like butterfly wings instead of simple christall-bird ones ;_;

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

PvP is the only gamemode i dont play and i hate when my fav class (engi) gets nerfed because of it.
Yes split balance pls.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Nice to hear, thanks for the response.

Can we assume that wvw is falling under the “pvp” category?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

@trigr

“Build Diversity & Power Creep——-
With the expansion hit, build diversity went down and power creep went up. The reason for this is that the elite specializations were very strong, even presumably on purpose to sell copies. However by doing that you not only made elite specs mandatory to be competitive, but taking build diversity down the tubes as a result. A new specialization should be adding to build diversity as a whole, not restricting it but making it a no brainer in terms of what to pick. So if they fix power creep by balancing the elite specs, then build diversity should fall into place.”

HoT was designed to bring tougher encounters to the game, to increase the amount of playable roles, to fill combat role gaps for each profession… and elites are a small step to support these changes. Core profession skills and such are the ones that need improvement, not a downgrade to elites…

I don’t know how any of you can look at core professions and say they are well designed for fast paced “twitch” combat when 75% of usable skills are on whopping 25 sec – 1+ minute timers, and auto attacks do most of the heavy labor. There are also lack of quality roles to play out side of “damage”, and what “esque” roles exist are tied to those very long cool downs in form of skills that last a few seconds… Elites were a bit better designed for fast paced combat, but they still need strong improvements, and core professions need major overhaul improvements in the upwards direction.

Also, I personally feel zero pity for those not willing to support Anet financially through a HoT purchase and gain access to those much needed profession improvements. The bulk of players have been begging Anet to improve core professions since launch, and y’all “downgrade” peeps are not going dump on those players willing to invest in the game.

And coming from a person who was a hard core pvp player in other games… Anet wanted pvp esports to be a “thing” during development of the game and could have done a far far far better job with profession designs, skill designs, playable roles, combat elements and systems… from the get go. We don’t need any “falling in line” when that “line” is currently at low quality for professions. The main redeeming qualities to combat are not the professions themselves, it’s the good “cast on the move” design, good targeting and a generally good responsiveness with skills… that carries professions in this game.

So long story short, professions need a major upgrade, not downgrade. Lack of build diversity has nothing to do with elites, it has to do with lack of core profession development. I like the devs, but they have not buckled down seriously and reinvested the resources and person power to improve the most important aspects of the game, and those are professions…

Edit- and if you really disagree with my assememt, please take all the core weapons, skills and traits and tell me how good most of them are for pvp modes like spvp and wvw.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So what you’re telling us is that Ice Bow will be usable in pvp again? Thank god.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I look forward to the split changes and to see how they work out.

Personally, I think it is the wrong direction. I feel that anet will never be able to balance pvp properly until the stats and scaling match pve & wvw. I feel that split balance will only create discrepancies and confusion between modes like we had before where anet puts bandaids on problematic skills( or runes or gear stats) rather than adjusting and fixing issue to make them use able across all game modes.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Action House…I think you’ve stumbled upon another great map idea! It could be modeled after a dormatory with an important outdoor courtyard in the middle and long corridors with lots of LoS and random traps that randomize so they aren’t the same traps in the same spots for all matches with it and players can trigger them via charging (if a trap goes off it needs to be reset). Could be a capture the flag type of event and has lots of vantage points. Since it’d be a largely indoor map the camera would need serious improving however. Instead of straight hallways they could twist, turn, and wind to enrich tactical and strategic possibilities.

I also totally agree with you on splitting PvP and PvE balance. A veteran mob with a huge HP sink getting hit with a 4 second stun seems fair in a 1v1, it will get up and still have way more HP than you, and champions have breakbars and typically need groups of people to down. Use that same 4 second stun on another player however and they need to use a stunbreak (assuming they slot one and they’d need to consume the resource for it but hey, that’s why it’s there but he might not be the only one with a big stun in the team fight) and if it isn’t up then you can blow an invuln, if that isn’t up you’re getting downed. Not all classes have invulns so that particular example really illustrates the need for a PvP and PvE split. Something that seems fair and balanced to stun waves and waves of creeps with more HP than players isn’t going to feel fair against other players themselves.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

adjusts tie and taps mic a few times. 4 years. I’ve been suggesting this for 4 years.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Finally @Josh , I hope we’ll see more splits especially for ele

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Riikuu.8234

Riikuu.8234

We did it! “Balancing SPvP individually”.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Ducattinomis.9041

Ducattinomis.9041

Well said.

Lets hope that the next balance patch focuses on some of these problems.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

i support those League and build diversity issues.
There are tons of skills that do not fit into any PvP/WvW/PvE-build or matchup.
For example warriors physikal skills (but the Rage) are not needed due to quiet a lot other cc-skills and dmg.

The League Ladder is not really skill based… it’s just about grinding to the next Division. Good players only lvl up faster than other, but the Time needed to raise Divisions is not equal to their skill. Player should gain or lose pips/points based on enemy teams mmr.

So Anet should replace pips by a higher amount of points that offer a more accurate Ranking. Look at League of Legends, Starcraft 2, … .

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Skill splitting is a good thing but I think people are ignoring the rest of the post. I actually like the idea of having rounds and the way it was described is pretty well thought out, my only concern would be balance with cheesy sustain builds which can still pump out damage while mitigating taking damage themselves, but that’s more of a balance issue.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Since I’m bored I’m just going to go over a list of tons of things that need to be changed in spvp and me giving explanations for said changes.

I know nobody who plays sPvP cares…but you are aware that skill splits are a very considerable barrier to entry for your sPvP game mode people are constantly complaining is chronically underpopulated, right? If PvE Player Z wanders into the Heart of the Mists to try PvP for the first time, only to discover that not only is all of his gear and all of his knowledge of the game from non-PvP modes useless, but none of his skills work anything like the same way they normally work, he’s going to say to himself “this is kitten droppings. To Torment with this” and walk right back out again. And you folks will still be clamoring about how nobody wants to play sPvP.

There’s a reason ArenaNet has tried to avoid major skill splits, or skill splits for every skill. I know sPvP guys are generally really big on just isolating themselves from the rest of Guild Wars completely and utterly, but you’ve got to get your player base from somewhere, don’cha? The learning curve for sPvP is already vicious and full of venom-fanged devils who seem to exist specifically to castigate and chase away anyone who isn’t Supah L33t Pros@uce…do you really want to add “also you have to relearn what every single skill in GW2 does” to the list of Things One Needs To Do Before sPvP is Actually Fun?

Proper Rewards——-

Never in a million years would I consider cosmetic wings that make you look like a kittened butterfly rewarding for my effort in “leagues”. The way it is now Spvp’ers are second class citizens compared to the rest of the game in terms of rewards and gold. Give the player choice when it comes to customizing their characters aesthetics. This can be accomplished in one way which is the following

- Giving the player considerable gold per win in ranked que, getting more gold per tier in division , so they can save up to buy skins from the action house.

I’ll admit, after being redirected here from Dulfy to check the important devpost, this is the one that really caught my ire. I’m a little confused as to why sPvP guys feel they should be showered in dozens of gold for winning a ten-minute match when everyone else has to either grind for weeks, learn to play the trading post (which is its own psychotic and impossible-to-learn sub-game, full of people who are actively incentivized to sabotage your efforts as much as humanly possible rather than help you figure it out), or kick I-worked-for-this real money into the system for gem-to-gold conversion.

You guys already get ‘Reward Tracks’ that just hand you – for free, with the only requirement being a few days of farming newbies for easy RT points – things everyone else in the game actually has to play the game to earn. Outside of soul-shriveling grinding for various materials, ArenaNet allows regular PvE players to earn two gold per. Day. Of ‘dailies’ rewards. Everything else they get, they have to hew from the bones of the earth.

Why should sPvP folks also get hundreds of gold a day just for clubbing the same poor sorry seals they’ve been going after for years now?

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

@DevilLordLaser.8619

Probably you are new in this section but rewards to keep people playing in legendary or to continue seasons after you finished the wings are a real problem.

In this forum people gave a lot of suggestions so it’ s pointless to repeat always the same answers.

Just read the old topics, you’ll get all answers you want.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

This would be the most magical change to GW2 ever!!

Please, oh please!

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

Then it’s time to make changes that promote build diversity in PvP and also revert Stability as a whole and “Feel My Wrath” to their original state in PvE.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Skills split between different game modes should not change how a skill works, for consistency reasons.

However, it’s so easy to just change a few numbers that will not at all change how/when a skill is properly used.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

@DevilLordLaser.8619

Probably you are new in this section but rewards to keep people playing in legendary or to continue seasons after you finished the wings are a real problem.

In this forum people gave a lot of suggestions so it’ s pointless to repeat always the same answers.

Just read the old topics, you’ll get all answers you want.

I spend hardly any time on the forums, actually. I’ve learned from past experience that spending my days here is the best way I can think of to ensure that I don’t want to spend my nights actually in the game anymore. To hear folks in this stinkhole say it, Guild Wars 2 is a teetering wreck built and maintained by lobotomized goblins on the very brink of collapse,as opposed to one of the most successful MMOs in the world.

By all means, suggest away. But as someone who’s watched the PvE side of the game get hammered again and again and again and again and again and again and AGAIN in the name of sPvP balance – from all the whole hella way back to Guild Wars 1 and the steady, systematic destruction of both the Assassin and the Paragon – well, pardon me for not being particularly enthusiastic over the sPvP folks demanding that they also be given drastically greater absolute levels of rewards as well as free-and-easy PvP access to all PvE, Wuv, and Raid ‘exclusive’ rewards on top of being the near-exclusive focus of future development going forward.

Everybody deserves their turn. But ‘everybody’ includes us ‘filthy PvE scrubs’ too, ne?

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Skills split between different game modes should not change how a skill works, for consistency reasons.

However, it’s so easy to just change a few numbers that will not at all change how/when a skill is properly used.

I agree with only changing numbers such as damage and duration and maybe conditions that accompany skills. Like something in PvE can do many many conditions but due to powercreep have that skill do fewer or even no conditions in PvP (I don’t mean all skills) if the skill is powerful enough without them.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Skill splits are necessary and I say it’s about time it happened.

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

So can we finally see mesmer and ranger’s damage not being complete utter trash in PvE now by buffing their damage for PvE only?

Sources:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4i67q7/current_raid_builds_rotations_and_dps_numbers/

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

2v2 / 3v3 round based arenas would be really nice

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Dartanian.9623

Dartanian.9623

+1.

Beyond skeptical at this point, nice effort though. Only way too see if anyone cares/listens/etc is if actions accompany it.

Until then, ded game. :-(

IGN: Mycasa Ackrman

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

So can we finally see mesmer and ranger’s damage not being complete utter trash in PvE now by buffing their damage for PvE only?

Sources:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ft01q/qt_dps_benchmarkstests_for_all_classes/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4i67q7/current_raid_builds_rotations_and_dps_numbers/

I hope you normally don´t argue like that.
While this isn´t a pve thread I would like to say something to it.
When you compare the builds used in the tests you will see that mes and ranger give an incredible amount of support to the party (1-2 mes and druids mandatory in raids). If they would deal a lot of damage there wouldn´t be any need to use classes with only damage and no support. Ele is different because it offers highest damage and great support (speaking about balance). Thieves on the other hand have only damage. There should be an option for mes, druid, etc to play on damage without hinder the whole party though. The same with support from thieves. Maybe we can see that in the future if skill-split is really a thing now.
And pls don´t consider wvw as pve anet… PLEASE.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

I am hopeful for possible PvP skill versions in the future, but wary of things being Anet’d like they always have in the past.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

"Insert Dev Bait Here"

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

too late. i feel like some of you suffer from battered wife syndrome if you actually think this game still has a chance