It has to be said: THANK YOU Helseth!

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

In fact, both EU captains seem to be interesting characters.

Courtesy of ESL, I give you a troubled king…

Attachments:

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

…and a furious viking:

Attachments:

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

So you want more PvP trolling?

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

…and a furious viking:

Is that a photo-shop? There’s no way that Ragnar Lothbrok plays this game…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

This OP’s statement is sad, wanting people to hate each other over a game, what, do you want gw2 to become like WWE? If this would happen; it would make the PvP community toxic like LoL’s. OP if you really want to see people that hate each other fight and not just trolling here, then get off of your kitten and go hit out all your neighbors windows.

You must be REALLY fun at parties.

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Well tell me why even top players seems to play GW2 kind of badly? I often wonder do they even look what boons enemy have and so on.

First post: There are no pro players in Guild Wars 2. All players are average or slightly below for Guild Wars 2.

The only reason why they are the top is due to actually staying on a team. When there is literally only 5 teams around chances are none of them are honestly great at the game.

No one takes this game’s pvp seriously and it most likely never will be taken seriously as a esports due to who runs it. Anet has done a fantastic job at screwing themselves side ways in this department. Their new pvp map after three years is…. a two lane pve intensive resource driven raid… It is not based on the interaction of players with players but with players and NPC. It is a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Attachments:

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

This OP’s statement is sad, wanting people to hate each other over a game, what, do you want gw2 to become like WWE? If this would happen; it would make the PvP community toxic like LoL’s. OP if you really want to see people that hate each other fight and not just trolling here, then get off of your kitten and go hit out all your neighbors windows.

You must be REALLY fun at parties.

kittens ruin parties, so I am going to argue that Centurion.7296 might be more fun than you and OP at parties. Nobody likes kittens and OP seems to be one and maybe you are one as well.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I see intense passion tharrr

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

People who play sports threw there computer dont understand. When you play a sport you have to fight at each level for minutes and plays called for you. After fighting your team mates in practice and proving who is better. You play against people and then you see all those people from the 6th grade and up. If your fortunate enough to make it to college it gets even more intense.

People here wouldnt understand if these guys said they were the best players at there classes. Many people come on this forum and talk about how unfair certain things are but then these players at these big tourneys do it with there classes and there builds.

People who buy this game want to be competitive with any build they put out there without putting the time in or understanding of how there ability/build/rotation works with in the team concept. These guys are being nice cause this is the Guild Wars community. A bit soft and dont like hearing anything towards another person or team.

If you ever play against elite people there silent vs people who arent at that level. When you play someone at the same level as you and your the cream of the crop, trash talking is what is suppose to happen. You call people nick names such as tin man or forrest. For the guild wars community its trolling but to me its the best players competing against one another and calling each other out which would only enhance there level of play.

Lastly anet can we increase this tourney to the top 8 teams. Would like to see the top 10 players from each region at least. Would of loved to see the tcg at boston and 3 of the other best teams world wide. Also no double elimination, this is the wts best out of 3 and there out.

I’ve practiced a sport more than 10 years, went to many international competitions, have many medals from regional ones. What you said is complete bull…t.
It’s not what players say its what they do that attracts people. You can have the loudest mouth but if you don’t have the skills nobody would care for you.

Having the skills is a given and in my comment its talking about the elite players. Also what sport did you play where there was none? I seriously need to know since i cant think of a sport where there wasnt people hunting down the top dogs. The Abjured in this very last WTS was fighting everyone on the fact they they had no heart.

Seriously after losing to the ORNG the stream filled with OE comments. The EU announcers started talking about how the NA PvP scene is noncompetitive. That is how real sports work. Im sorry where did you grow up that it wasnt this way? Seriously kobe just talked about how he and tim duncan had a verbal smack talking match during a game and he called it 2 old dogs barking. In tennis did you see pete sampras play and his fued with agassi? usain bolt and justin gatlin? Rondo rousey vs cyborg? Fedor vs the UFC? Red Sox vs yankees?

Back to my original point, keyboard warriors dont like a actual confrontation since they have never had to deal with the actual results of failing. The fact you bring level of play in is silly since that is a given with anything not to mention we are talking the best players in the game and in the title of this topic the best mesmer in the game. WIth that said who are the so called biggest names in sports?

Kobe-trash talker, floyd mayweather-trash talker, rondo rousey-trash talker, usain bolt-arrogant(proclaimed himself the best ever before he broke the wr) there are a few didnt talk smack without controversy but people talked smack to them so i have no clue what you are talking about.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Well tell me why even top players seems to play GW2 kind of badly? I often wonder do they even look what boons enemy have and so on.

First post: There are no pro players in Guild Wars 2. All players are average or slightly below for Guild Wars 2.

The only reason why they are the top is due to actually staying on a team. When there is literally only 5 teams around chances are none of them are honestly great at the game.

No one takes this game’s pvp seriously and it most likely never will be taken seriously as a esports due to who runs it. Anet has done a fantastic job at screwing themselves side ways in this department. Their new pvp map after three years is.... a two lane pve intensive resource driven raid... It is not based on the interaction of players with players but with players and NPC. It is a joke.

What a horrible, misinformed post.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Talk all the kitten you want, I still get bored watching pvp in this game. Not to say there aren’t good players out there, but its not entertaining to say the least.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in PvP

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

@Aereniel.7356 thx for those pics they look so intense!

in PvP

Posted by: Elunarie.9283

Elunarie.9283

Majority of the players nowadays are 12-17 years old and they want to see that kinda stuff, whether you like it or not.

-you mean gw2 pvp players or players in general.. either way, I’m pretty sure that isn’t right.. most players are actually above those age groups. either way, drama in competitive sports is better than drama in the real world, let them take it out here I guess.

// Bathea Havocbringer \\

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Nobody likes kittens and OP seems to be one and maybe you are one as well.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

If you’re looking for drama, the gw2drama twitter (google it) run by backpack is a good source. It’s also run by some actual tournament admins and assisted by top tier players from what I remember. Some of it is quite funny.

At the same time, there’s a lot more malicious drama, social powerplays, and toxicity than what you may expect from well known top players, but this tends to stay under closed doors from players who do not participate regularly in esports in order to maintain a good reputation (get stream numbers?), and be in good terms with other top tier people who spread toxicity (how does this make sense again? whatever…). The game’s a lot more toxic than most games since it’s a team game and its esports is arguably laughable to a degree, but recall that no one’s immune to being toxic…losing matters a lot to certain people, and this tends to be the case for top tier players. One also needs to consider the differing sensitivities to toxicity that individuals possess.

Keeping it hidden confers advantages to these top tier players, which is why it’s never really shown in casual conversation.

tl;dr: There’s enough drama and more than one the usual pvper predicts for current teams in tournaments because it’s all hidden. That’s the thing though, keeping it hidden is all part of the powerplay to gain certain advantages.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

(edited by Aeroxe.8140)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

gw2drama twitter (google it) run by backpack

Run by who, now?

I thought you quit

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

social powerplays

laughed pretty kittence I hit “social powerplays.”

EDIT: OMG YOU CAN’T SAY THE WORD H A R D

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

I see all these twitch channels streaming epic Guild Wars 2 esports pvp. Living the dream right?

The game’s pvp has been dead for a long time. Accept the truth and move on.

Edit: Forgot to add:

I’m new to pvp (mostly do map exploration), and I gotta say, I love stronghold. Best part is I hardly need to fight anyone so I won’t be feeding the enemy team when I play a tanky class. I just run supply all game and still be a big help to my team. Best “pvp” game mode ever! They are doing a good job of introducing new players into pve-
I mean pvp side of this game. ^^

You say this is “best pvp game mode ever” and say “They are doing a good job of introducing new players into pve”?

You can not have 2 game mode together !

Player(s) versus player(s), or PvP, “is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants

Here is Correction:

> Player versus environment, or PvE <

“Usually a PvE mode can be played alone, with human companions or with AI companions. The PvE mode may contain a storyline that is narrated as the player progresses through missions. It may also contain missions that may be done in any order”
—————————————————————————-

Read this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Stronghold-losing-hype-at-an-alarming-rate/first#post5120774

I do not blame you for confusion with pvp game mode and pve game mode because that is the problem why Stronghold is bad. Arena net is treating Stronghold like Pve instead of what is suppose to be-PVP- Player versus Player.

" No reason to PvP. After you know the map you just ignore the enemies all together and rush lord "? How is not bad for a pvp game mode?

There was a mmo game that tried the same thing and it failed very fast: did Arena net did not research this?

(edited by Vanthian.9267)

in PvP

Jasher.6580

gw2drama twitter (google it) run by backpack

Run by who, now?

I thought you quit

If Acandis quits the game I would cry.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I care much more about seeing plays. Watching a really good player use the terrain to their advantage, and really sync with their motions and out play every situation regardless of the game is what keeps me interested in Esports in general.

Unfortunately tho, I do not watch competitive GW2, I personally find it really boring to watch 5v5 matches. This however is not due to the nature of sportsmanship between players. I just do not find it compelling to watch. GW2 is 100% better to play imo.

I enjoy comp Starcraft or pick your flavor of MOBA/Dota and often from behind the curtain of a good shout caster. I personally don’t see as much toxicity between pros during matches, and I like that.

I think if I were to enjoy it more it would need to be a 1v1 game that isn’t a top down perspective. I don’t mind trash talk as much in fighting games and I think the 1v1 nature does add a bit of flair when people run their mouth or BM other players.

If we are talking preference tho I actually prefer to see a muted chat or not hear the players at all outside of “GG”.

I’m also against fan bases turning on each other and becoming almost militant for their team. Traditional sports has this in spades and it’s dumb.

I just want to see good plays.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

No one takes this game’s pvp seriously and it most likely never will be taken seriously as a esports due to who runs it. Anet has done a fantastic job at screwing themselves side ways in this department. Their new pvp map after three years is…. a two lane pve intensive resource driven raid… It is not based on the interaction of players with players but with players and NPC. It is a joke.

He is pretty correct. MMOS are not taken seriously in any real Esport environment, it’s more of a marketing gimmick, advertisement for the company’s product. No one takes World of Warcraft Arena’s seriously and their events only start rolling around when Blizzcon is near.

MMOs are poorly balanced for any kind of real competitive Esport. So far no business that runs a MMO has devoted the resources into a 100% development team devoted to balance their MMO around Esports to get the most competitive and skillful play.

The only reason you see Arena Net and other companies trying to push their games as Esports, is because Esports is becoming mainstream and there are potentially huge financial gains and marketing opportunities in the scene as it grows.

Now I would love to be proven wrong and see Arena Net work more on balancing all their classes and builds for competitive play, but seeing how many builds and classes GW2 has that seems very unrealistic to do.

Mobas, fighting games, RTS, and FPS work in the Esport scene because they are built 100% for competitive play and their development teams are 100% focused on balancing and running their product as a sport.

MMO development teams have to pool resources in making all their customers happy, Pve, casual, pvp, storyline,ect the list goes on. Huge time and $$ investment to make a MMO appeal to everyone.

I don’t think turning the microscopic “Esport side” of gw2 into a toxic reality tv show is the way to go. We will have to see if GW2 scene will grow now that ESL picked the game up.

It would be cool to see a legit MMO work in the Esport scene.

Hellion

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

I’d pay good money to see Lord Helseth comentanting esl games with his persona he could be the evil commentator that makes people blood boil.

Do you agree?

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I’d pay good money to see Lord Helseth comentanting esl games with his persona he could be the evil commentator that makes people blood boil.

Do you agree?

I remember Helseth shoutcasting a couple of matches, he did an amazing job. +1

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Do you know any links? Lord Helseth if you hear this plea answer us Oh noble one, spare your wisdom with us peasants, and show your superiority through shoutcasting

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Nobody likes kittens and OP seems to be one and maybe you are one as well.

Yes, I am a kitten, thanks for noticing. I regularly go to the local bar to have a milk drink. It’s delicious. You should try one as well, it helps with the saltiness.

Attachments:

in PvP

Jasher.6580

[Gray]
Mike, was that your shortest fight ever?

[Tyson]
I bear witness, there’s only one god and Muhammad, blessing and peace be upon him, is his prophet. I dedicate this fight to my brother Darryl Baum, who died. I’ll be there to see you, I love you with all my heart. All praise be to my children, um I love you. God Amen, what?

[Gray]
Is this your shortest fight ever, at any time, amateur or professional ever?

[Tyson]
As-salamu alaykum Aida. I don’t know, man. Yeah, Yeah. Lennox Lewis, Lennox- I’m coming for you.

[Gray]
Is it frustrating to train like you did and then—

[Tyson]
Nah, I didn’t train for this fight.

[Gray]
—And have this end in 78 seconds?

[Tyson]
I trained probably, 2 weeks or 3 weeks for this for this fight. I had to bury my best friend. And I dedicate this fight, I wasn’t going to fight, I dedicate this fight to him. I was gonna rip his heart out cause I’m the best ever.

[Tyson-getting pumped]
I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there’s ever been. There’s no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I’m Alexander, he’s no Alexander. I’m the best ever. There’s never been anybody as ruthless. I’m Sonny Liston, I’m Jack Dempsey. There’s no one like me. I’m from their cloth. There’s no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defence is impregnable, and I’m just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Federer and Nadal are two of the politest sportsmen I’ve ever seen.

Their tennis rivalry was the most legendary ever.

So no…you do not need to have trashtalk to give the audience a great time. What you do inside the court (or match) matters – not out of it.

This. So much this. Federer especially, but both of them hugely polite, respectful, and amazingly humble for people on top of the world, and yet their matches drew crowds like no others.
You don’t need trashtalk for a good rivalry.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Federer and Nadal are two of the politest sportsmen I’ve ever seen.

Their tennis rivalry was the most legendary ever.

So no…you do not need to have trashtalk to give the audience a great time. What you do inside the court (or match) matters – not out of it.

This. So much this. Federer especially, but both of them hugely polite, respectful, and amazingly humble for people on top of the world, and yet their matches drew crowds like no others.
You don’t need trashtalk for a good rivalry.

I agree, he’s got to be one of the most polite/humble public figures at the top of their sport I think I’ve ever seen – in fact all the top players of that sport at the moment seem to be more respectful than ever.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

This is kinda flawed dont you think? Some sports on that graph are considerably more popular that others.

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

in PvP

Jasher.6580

This is kinda flawed dont you think? Some sports on that graph are considerably more popular that others.

That’s the point. Why are some sports more popular? If that’s the case… isn’t it flawed when people compare GW2 esports to other epsorts like mobas and shooters which are more popular?

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

PvP is a huge clusterkitten, even if it’s ‘balanced’ between 7 professions
Twitch views decreased
Many, many, many dedicated players quit recently
It might just be the last downfall!

TL;DR
It sucks