Posted by: Hyion.8246

Hyion.8246

/ sign for this

Let's Balance Warriors Next :)

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

/ sign for this

We gotta keep this going if we want a change, warrior deserves to be great. Like I said before, this is NOT a thread slamming on reapers, dragonhunters or druids because I’m very happy rangers and necros are finally getting some competitive play.

Warriors need more options, there needs to be a reason why someone would choose to take a warrior/berserker over something like a reaper, chrono, scrapper, druid etc. and right now there just isn’t anything to justify that decision. 0 berserkers were played in competitive this week. When I build a reaper, I don’t feel forced to take particular utilities and/or traits, same with chronomancer. I can build a high dps or tanky chronomancer, again more options and versatility.

Some of warrior’s previous options maybe need to revert to their original state such as axebow, warhorn vonverting condis into boons, etc. just so we’re not forced to always take endure pain/berserker’s stance with defense and disipline. There’s been a lot of good suggestions here, hopefully we hear something soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

/ sign for this

We gotta keep this going if we want a change, warrior deserves to be great. Like I said before, this is NOT a thread slamming on reapers, dragonhunters or druids because I’m very happy rangers and necros are finally getting some competitive play.

Warriors need more options, there needs to be a reason why someone would choose to take a warrior/berserker over something like a reaper, chrono, scrapper, druid etc. and right now there just isn’t anything to justify that decision. 0 berserkers were played in competitive this week. When I build a reaper, I don’t feel forced to take particular utilities and/or traits, same with chronomancer. I can build a high dps or tanky chronomancer, again more options and versatility.

Some of warrior’s previous options maybe need to revert to their original state such as axebow, warhorn vonverting condis into boons, etc. just so we’re not forced to always take endure pain/berserker’s stance with defense and disipline. There’s been a lot of good suggestions here, hopefully we hear something soon.

Being “reverted” isn’t going to do much though, the game has power creeped so much that those old builds mean nothing in the current state of the game. Warrior needs inherent defenses built into the class so we’re not blatantly forced to slot defensive utilities (read: stances) just like the rest of the classes – rev is the most blatant example with every weaponset having some form of evade, block, and strong CC like chill.

in PvP

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Allocaton of trait lines makes creating new builds extremely difficult. There’s so many must-haves spread out, and warrior does not have inherent defense to live without these lines.

Berserker is barely good enough to warrant making new builds even if we could live without must-have traits.

Blind spam is the #1 problem when I try to play warrior after HoT. Hammer was already hard to work against good players with heavy blind access, but now it’s (blind) being kitten out without regard all over points. Forget trying to use cleanse on f1.

The former “good” matchups where a warrior would pick on a class with massive CC chains have shifted with the new tools other classes got.

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

/ sign for this

Being “reverted” isn’t going to do much though, the game has power creeped so much that those old builds mean nothing in the current state of the game. Warrior needs inherent defenses built into the class so we’re not blatantly forced to slot defensive utilities (read: stances) just like the rest of the classes – rev is the most blatant example with every weaponset having some form of evade, block, and strong CC like chill.

What I meant by that is some of the original incarnations of mechanics might at least help benefit the class now more. For example, the warhorn converting conditions into boons. The original argument was that "converting conditions into boons is a “guardians job.” Fair enough, but what is a “warrior’s job”? because if it’s suppose to be spike damage, guardian is outclassing warrior in both damage and team support.

Losing adreneline on miss, originally this wasn’t so bad, but right now we’re even more reliant on it due to the mechanics of the berserker and getting the extra health. The burst on axe used to be more reliable to land too. No real banner traits is another issue too, I can understand having no infinite banner uptime, but more options for people who want to be a full on support would be great too.

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

There are a lot of things in this game that need serious overhauls. DPS Warrior, especially Axe, Mace, Physical utilities, certain traits, Guardian’s Spirit Weapons and Signets, Thief’s Traps and possibly Venoms etc. Some things are so outdated you can’t just tweak them to make them viable, you need to rework them. I mean, you can always make everything do unreasonable damage, like with Dragonhunter, but that’s hardly a healthy solution. But let’s be honest, they’re not going to rework dozens of traits and abilities. It’s over. Time to give it a rest and just reroll.

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

There are a lot of things in this game that need serious overhauls. DPS Warrior, especially Axe, Mace, Physical utilities, certain traits, Guardian’s Spirit Weapons and Signets, Thief’s Traps and possibly Venoms etc. Some things are so outdated you can’t just tweak them to make them viable, you need to rework them. I mean, you can always make everything do unreasonable damage, like with Dragonhunter, but that’s hardly a healthy solution. But let’s be honest, they’re not going to rework dozens of traits and abilities. It’s over. Time to give it a rest and just reroll.

They will fix warrior, or at least give it some viable options. If you want to reroll that’s fine, I’m not going anywhere lol

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

If they fix Warriors and ignore Thief I’ma be salty. Let’s get fixed at the same time? =D Like bros?

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

If they fix Warriors and ignore Thief I’ma be salty. Let’s get fixed at the same time? =D Like bros?

I think D/P thief still gets played, but daredevil is a little bit like berserker lol. Who knows, maybe they will buff DD first, but I would like to see more berserkers and daredevils xD

in PvP

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

this thread is a perfect example why players shouldn’t balance the game

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I honestly like throwing out ideas because they’ll never be used.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

We’re not in charge of balancing the game, never have, we can only make suggestions. However, I do expect a class to be able to perform well.

in PvP

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

We’re not in charge of balancing the game, never have, we can only make suggestions. However, I do expect a class to be able to perform well.

yes, it’s just that some of these changes I read could instantly make warrior OP. i should take this less serious.

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

yes, it’s just that some of these changes I read could instantly make warrior OP. i should take this less serious.

That’s a possibility, I can’t say for sure. The fact is though, that warriors need some kind of change, and I’d rather read a bunch of suggestions than to ignore the subject entirely.

We have a profession that is locked into two traitlines and two utilities, and there are alot of people like myself that are trying to look from all perspectives.

in PvP

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

bump this. Warrior need help.

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

I think D/P thief still gets played, but daredevil is a little bit like berserker lol. Who knows, maybe they will buff DD first, but I would like to see more berserkers and daredevils xD

Have you actually seen DD/DA/Trickery condi daredevils? Its absolutely ridiculous caltrops on roll + Lotus training with sleight of hand, and signet of agility. U can dodge spam while dumping condis on you enemy while they can’t hit you. It’s pretty infuriating to play against considering they can dodge 6 times in a row when relying on endurance alone, without considering some built in skill evades xD and they can run d/d for even more ridiculous bleeding.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Have you actually seen DD/DA/Trickery condi daredevils? Its absolutely ridiculous caltrops on roll + Lotus training with sleight of hand, and signet of agility. U can dodge spam while dumping condis on you enemy while they can’t hit you. It’s pretty infuriating to play against considering they can dodge 6 times in a row when relying on endurance alone, without considering some built in skill evades xD and they can run d/d for even more ridiculous bleeding.

Did you try moving away from them while they spin, it has no range and is slow, same counter as since launch.

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Did you try moving away from them while they spin, it has no range and is slow, same counter as since launch.

The dodge roll bleeding has awesome range actually…and if they trait in acro instead of trickery then there’s even more dodging. Not to mention they open by channeling caltrops and dropping it on u with steal, that cripple can be more or less costly if you can’t get rid of it fast enough. Not to mention every dodge roll leave more caltrops that cripple lol

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in PvP

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

I don’t think you understand what it means to be constructive.

Throwing out ideas for the devs VS meaningless accusations

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Nerf Warrior dmg buff utilities. or let Warrrs EQ 2x GS so they can use 200blades!

Jokes aside, Warr weaps if hit they HURT, HURT alot, and is till belive that with good player and high amout of practice good warrior can land those hits. Its not like thief that cant rly win vs anyclass, its more like everyone ealse know how to counter warrior.

Fast hands should never be baseline! Most warriors using this trait doesnt even know thier autoattack animation cuz they just burn every spell – swap – burn every spell- swap.

Fun addition to warr would be 3rd weapon(more powerfull version of normal nerfed ones) in form of kit(f3) that you can toggle anytime you want, Master of Weapons! Give him more weapons! Less no brain lucky 10k crits with GS less cc+insane dmg, more fun with a ways to chose utilities and ways to chose 3 weaps.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Nerf Warrior dmg buff utilities. or let Warrrs EQ 2x GS so they can use 200blades!

Jokes aside, Warr weaps if hit they HURT, HURT alot, and is till belive that with good player and high amout of practice good warrior can land those hits. Its not like thief that cant rly win vs anyclass, its more like everyone ealse know how to counter warrior.

Fast hands should never be baseline! Most warriors using this trait doesnt even know thier autoattack animation cuz they just burn every spell – swap – burn every spell- swap.

Fun addition to warr would be 3rd weapon(more powerfull version of normal nerfed ones) in form of kit(f3) that you can toggle anytime you want, Master of Weapons! Give him more weapons! Less no brain lucky 10k crits with GS less cc+insane dmg, more fun with a ways to chose utilities and ways to chose 3 weaps.

So basically, you want a neutered Engineer.

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Personally I don’t think Warrior’s should be touched until the other classes are sufficiently nerfed. I fear that if Anet jumps in right away then they’ll take the easy way out and buff sustain and create the same problem when they originally buffed Healing Signet.

Most of the tweaks that I would like to see are minor, like perhaps adding an evade to sword f2 and somekind of condi component to Final Thrust. Warrior could also use something like Rev’s Dismantle Fortification since stability is much more common, and boon hate for the Warrior in general should be buffed.

in PvP

Posted by: Rejerh.1784

Rejerh.1784

I am a main Mesmer/Guard but I do occasionally play war and I do agree with this post.
Warrior berserker is not scary at all, you have little way to stay alive and you do not burst more than other bursting professions (mesmer, thief, ranger, etc.).

Would be nice if ANET Could do something about it quickly!

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

Are people for or against having Warrior being better for Power and Berserker being better for Condition? Just curious.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Are people for or against having Warrior being better for Power and Berserker being better for Condition? Just curious.

From everything I read majority of people are against Berserker Spec in general. It’s a interesting conceptual idea that doesn’t work for power or conditions. Equipping it hurts the warrior sustain, utility, defense, CC, mobility, and damage.

Most players agree that no amount of changes to Berserker spec can make it work as it is basically garbage and you can polish a kitten but it will always be a kitten .

ANET messed this up big time. Warrior already had plenty of damage and condition dammage they could of given the warrior a utility tree instead but what they tried to give them was more condition damage that fails at even doing that.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

I don’t know about you guys but I want evade frames and reactive armor! Rev and engi got everything we need… Just makes me sad

in PvP

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

They ( the devs) could just buff banner and make them awsome and call it a days work.
What if banners were an " anti" trap….like “this ground belong to me and I will kitten you up, if you enter”..kind a thing

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

They ( the devs) could just buff banner and make them awsome and call it a days work.
What if banners were an " anti" trap….like “this ground belong to me and I will kitten you up, if you enter”..kind a thing

That would be kind of… Easy? Not that I wouldn’t like having a Warrior on my team, it would just be lazy without really fixing things.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

yes pls do something about elite spec…..ive tried and tried but nothing looks good on paper or in pvp (testing) vs non elite spec builds.

luckily my other toon is a DH, otherwise i would be gutted for spending money on expansion.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

yes pls do something about elite spec…..ive tried and tried but nothing looks good on paper or in pvp (testing) vs non elite spec builds.

luckily my other toon is a DH, otherwise i would be gutted for spending money on expansion.

We’ve talked a lot about shoehorned traitlines and utilities, but look at this http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

You will quickly notice that it’s a week in the expansion and berserker is the only elite spec that does not have a viable build in meta, great or even good. There is one test build, that’s it. Even then, it’s melee only and dragonhunter bait.

First competitive scene since HoT launched and 0 berserkers were played, even daredevil has a build in the great category. If warrior is supposed to be the easiest to pick up, why is it so hard to make it viable competitively? I’m glad guardians, necros and rangers are getting some competitive play and I hope it stays like that after changes, but dragonhunter is so easy to pick up and play, which of these heavy professions is suppose to be faceroll again?

I’m using dragonhunters as an example because warriors are being labeled as easy mode when in reality, they have very little options and even their elite spec is not seeing any play. This needs to be fixed.

in PvP

Warlord.9074

Some ANET Dev goes out to PVE on a warrior does 100 blades and says warrior is an easy class. I bet nobody in ANET has ever taken a warrior and tried to be competitive with it in high level PVP vs other skilled players on other professions. This has happened never. If they have that person has no input on warrior at their company or isn’t listened to.

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

Some ANET Dev goes out to PVE on a warrior does 100 blades and says warrior is an easy class. I bet nobody in ANET has ever taken a warrior and tried to be competitive with it in high level PVP vs other skilled players on other professions. This has happened never. If they have that person has no input on warrior at their company or isn’t listened to.

Even if you’re just doing normal pvp with some friends, it still sucks lol. The berserker heal could’ve been an excellent addition because with the balthazar runes its a heal that does two extra stacks of burning with the right trait. However, a heal that has a horrible base heal and completely relies on you putting the pressure on the enemy makes it very unreliable.

I’m still questioning what the warrior role is supposed to be, it’s not reliable damage because dragonhunter, chronomancer and reaper are simply a better options, it’s not team support because there are better options from druid. Why take a gs warrior for damage when DH can do the same thing at range and provide aoe crowd control via traps with a more reliable burst? Warrior is supposed to be the faceroll profession, so why are we working so hard to try and make it work competitively with no results?

(edited by DrDivine.5378)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

people foolishly think warrior is easy mode due to high hp, oh but it’s not. you are just a target dummy outside of your stances. other classes have been getting super complex and versatile, while warrior still has to land incredibly telegraphed cc to do what is now only mediocre damage. most of warrior’s weapons could do with reworks, & fast hands & embrace the pain need to be baseline.

guardian is the true easy mode class. not that that’s a problem, all games need an easy class it just happens gw2 easy class is guardian.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

people foolishly think warrior is easy mode due to high hp, oh but it’s not. you are just a target dummy outside of your stances. other classes have been getting super complex and versatile, while warrior still has to land incredibly telegraphed cc to do what is now only mediocre damage. most of warrior’s weapons could do with reworks, & fast hands & embrace the pain need to be baseline.

guardian is the true easy mode class. not that that’s a problem, all games need an easy class it just happens gw2 easy class is guardian.

Warrior has a pretty straightforward mechanic with very passive utilities, I’m fine with that, but it has to bring something to the table. The fact now that warrior is still being labeled as the “faceroll” profession when other professions are achieving much better results with less effort (not their fault though) tells you something is wrong.

If I’m playing a “faceroll” profession, why is everyone struggling to make it good?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Warrior has a pretty straightforward mechanic with very passive utilities, I’m fine with that, but it has to bring something to the table. The fact now that warrior is still being labeled as the “faceroll” profession when other professions are achieving much better results with less effort (not their fault though) tells you something is wrong.

If I’m playing a “faceroll” profession, why is everyone struggling to make it good?

none of the warrior mains i know are playing the class. they’ve moved to revenant or other classes. I’m only playing engineer right now. scrapper brings so much more than warrior can to the team. it’s better 1v1 & in teamfights, it has high utility. warrior has long cooldowns, mediocre damage & no team utility outside of shouts & banner.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

none of the warrior mains i know are playing the class. they’ve moved to revenant or other classes. I’m only playing engineer right now. scrapper brings so much more than warrior can.

Revenant (or should I say Herald) is another good example. Herald feels more like a melee warrior and does the job better with superior damage, access to evades and team support via constant stacks of might. I don’t really want it nerfed because Revenant would be useless without Herald in pvp, I’m just using it as an example.

in PvP

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

what if i don’t want to use banners? thats just letting them off with excuses

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Beserker….. just why if people wanted to play a condi plate user they would of rolled torch gard….. keep warrior to the gsword/hammer and shield pls.

in PvP

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Beserker….. just why if people wanted to play a condi plate user they would of rolled torch gard….. keep warrior to the gsword/hammer and shield pls.

ya when i heard of berzerker the first time i thought it would be designed around high damage and high survivability

instead its built around … fire and other quickly dissipating conditions that cant be reapplied quickly… does not sound much like a berzerker to me sounds like a pyromaniac

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

before fixing war they should do something about cleave dmg.

like the targetted chara take 100% dmg and the others 50%.
its insane how is actually the game. previously was cleave damage too, but with hot it have incrased.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

fun part: post about any class on pvp forums, those threads stay
post anything about thieves, it instantly gets either deleted or moved to thief forums ….

so why wasn’t this thread moved yet hmmmm….

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Warrior lacks range….

Guardians have teles, and longbow,
Rev have teles and evades
Engi has huge amount of range options
Thief has tele and evades and stealth
Ranger sucks
Ele has stupid sustain and teles/ mobility
necro is super tanky with minor mobility and decent range options
mesmer has tele and range

see the problem?

I LOVE the cancerous 7 condi burst in 1 second from berserker m/s longbow

Literally 12 confusion 17 bleed, cripple, weakness, blind, 2 poison, 3 burn.

Issue is required point blank.

With so much blind, aegis, and blocks its quite difficult to land properly, with no mobility on the build.

This was 1 build only so I wont comment on others.

I love berserker, and it seems like it could stay the same. If and only IF discipline or defense was baseline. You need fast hands and cleansing ire. You cant build anything without them.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Thunderbird.4298

http://www.twitch.tv/thunderbird854 streaming my berserker crysis here!

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

http://www.twitch.tv/thunderbird854 streaming my berserker crysis here!

watching now!

in PvP

Warlord.9074

Even if you’re just doing normal pvp with some friends, it still sucks lol. The berserker heal could’ve been an excellent addition because with the balthazar runes its a heal that does two extra stacks of burning with the right trait. However, a heal that has a horrible base heal and completely relies on you putting the pressure on the enemy makes it very unreliable.

I’m still questioning what the warrior role is supposed to be, it’s not reliable damage because dragonhunter, chronomancer and reaper are simply a better options, it’s not team support because there are better options from druid. Why take a gs warrior for damage when DH can do the same thing at range and provide aoe crowd control via traps with a more reliable burst? Warrior is supposed to be the faceroll profession, so why are we working so hard to try and make it work competitively with no results?

Warrior Role was supposed to be a class with a sturdy body that and a simplistic design that can deal steady hard damage to defeat it’s enemy’s. Here is the problem every other class now preforms this role better. They are all now very durable and do asinine amounts of damage with more complex mechanics that give them get out of jail free cards.

Warrior just simple can’t compete anymore because the problem at anet is the left had has no idea what the right hand is doing. ANET applies all of these rules and strict standards to warrior development and they throw it out the window whenever working on another class.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Warrior is the worst class at the moment by far(PvP at least). The Elite Spec only makes it worse if you try to fit that in. The burns are so low duration and 1 stack most of the time. The sword primal burst skill is terrible. barely any burning and no immob. Just like the torch skill 4. For zerkers it is even worse.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

Warrior is the worst class at the moment by far(PvP at least). The Elite Spec only makes it worse if you try to fit that in. The burns are so low duration and 1 stack most of the time. The sword primal burst skill is terrible. barely any burning and no immob. Just like the torch skill 4. For zerkers it is even worse.

One thing I do notice is that the burns can actually be very deadly if used properly, the problem is that other professions right now are much better at balancing out their damage with sustain and team support.

I love the design behind berserker, but right now it’s a spec that is not seeing much play at all and I really think that needs to be fixed.

in PvP

Thunderbird.4298

Condi builds are nearly useless, every other condi class does it better and if you take it against a real team one of the other team’s two reapers will just put every condi back onto you! WE WANT POWER!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Unless Anet nerfs the other classes heavily (looking at you DH, Chrono and reapers) or buff warriors HEAVILY, warriors will be irrelevant indefinitely. Berserker’s primal burst skills are LOL-worthy to say the least. The only positive thing berserker has is the eternal champion GM trait.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

You forgot scrapper and revenant. I would personally buff the lower tier than nerfing everyone.

Heiann – NSP