List of players helping new players

in PvP

Posted by: Atlanis.6597

Atlanis.6597

This list would make way more sense when it would be ingame. By this I mean, alot of new players to PvP won’t come over to the forum and find this special thread. I’d say about 1-3% mabye. As I help a lot of new players to find their way into PvP this happens via luck and not because they found this thread. In soloQ or hotjoin (blehh) ppl write me directly or if they flame me (w/e), I offer them my help to understand basic things.

So to bring more ppl actually into PvP and make them enjoy this mode, it would be much better to put thi directly into the mists. Mabye there would be a problem with pointing out certain character-names (allrdy issue on the forum), to actually release such a list. However I’d enjoy this feature.

That would be great, but I’m not sure how this would work. I would rather see an option to open the spvp forum up from inside the game, and encouraging players to come on the forum.

I think this makes more sense, as it is a more general solution to a class of problems. Maybe a (moderated?) page on the wiki (eg /wiki PvP Help) could work? Your thread got stickied, so they clearly aren’t opposed to community options. Would they be averse to adding a hint or tip about using /wiki PvP Help to get help with PvP from other players? This could be extended further into /wiki PvE Help and /wiki WvW Help as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I’m down for helping any rangers get into tPvP. Feel free to ask for anything: advice, duels, tactics or whatever.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

I will be creating ( I hope this is a good idea) a guild for new pvp’rs to help them with whatever they need. I play daily so feel free to send mail/whisper and join in to help others!

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: hash.6287

hash.6287

Is this list up to date? I can’t catch good warriors. Probably they don’t play so ‘lf helpful warriors’

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Follidus, I just went over the european list and I saw a few inactive players on the list.
These are: Pharexys, Ottigan, Lorienda, Kirei and Zoose. I am also not sure if Danto still plays (Maybe Helseth knows).
You can also add me to every Guardian stuff (so also to Hotjoin) and Overall Tournament Strategy.

P.S.: How about we split the Tournament stuff into SoloQ and TeamQ ?

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

An update on this would be nice yeah, with the new solo q and team q formats and stuff!

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in PvP

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

You can add me to all of the elementalist ones!
I’d be happy to help out!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in PvP

Posted by: Shranks.3260

Shranks.3260

Glad to help out aswell. EU servers, Engineer – everything class related and tourny-related (teamq and soloq) – no hotjoin pls

BR
Traq

Traq – Accidently Famous [oops]
Engineer since BWE 1

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

I’d love to help out Could you add me to the NA hotjoin mesmer and overall strategy.
Thanks

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds