MASSIVE lag spikes

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Does the lag only happen while you’re in a PvP map?
No also in WvW, don’t do pve worldbosses anymore because of dc/lag and putting in effort carrying tonnes of people to get a bag of crap , while my 2 weeks old mesmer buddy i ressed 5 times gets precursors.

Does it also occur in the PvP lobby? Other maps?
Yes, lobbies, maps, pve wvw everywhere.. except instanced places where there are no skills going off.

How long does the lag spike last? Does it ever clear up?
1-10 seconds. Clear up as in i can play the game for a amount of time before it happens again? No, there is always some lag going on, come to think of it, i hardly not experience some sort of lag, visual or during skill activation.

Of your last 5 GW2 play sessions, in how many of them did you experience lag?
All of them have at some point experienced lag in any shape or form. (chat,visuals,lootdrops, auto putting loot in inventory, opening bags, fights, spvp,wvw,worldbosses.)

Are there specific times of day when do or you don’t experience lag?
yes, when i am alone or on an empty map.

When do you remember first experiencing lag of this severity in GW2?
from the start, and when you turned off culling putting all the work on the pc of your customer , making lower end systems , AMD systems crap out on this game.

Do you also experience lag playing other games? NCsoft games like Wildstar?
Don’t play any other Ncsoft games because they are not guildwars and are made by a company that doesn’t appreciate Anet.

Do you live in NA or EU?
EU
Are you playing on NA or EU servers?
EU
Was your account ORIGINALLY created on NA or EU?
EU

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Fix it already, please.
DC’ed twice while tPvP’ing and my connection was fine (was streaming and no lag or dc on stream).

This is getting insane. It’s been around for a month now. Look at ToG and ESL weekly cups, they’re having loads of lags + dc’s aswel and can turn the tide unbalanced even.

Please, take this as priority..
For the sake of EU PvP’ers Q_Q

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Beleeth.9162

Beleeth.9162

Lagging like there’s no tomorrow right now, PvP lobby, crowded maps, Crowded Areas (Teq etc). Unplayable

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

So it has been month already since it was reported and there is still no fix? Are you ever closer to solve the prob or you just gave up?

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Kenadas.9680

Kenadas.9680

Still lags will answer here as well cause it seems like you guys cant fix it after almost 2 months.
Sad that you can’t even fix this even if you know from all the players here when and on what server that happened..

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

still lagging
/15

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

yep, still lagging and dcing, but since i don’t pvp anymore until this is fixed, i won’t complain, because war thunder is much more interesting than player vs lags.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Anet can’t do anything right…………. Lagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I am still getting lag spikes.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Lag as well…
Can’t be bothered to do anything when there’s a 1 second delay on instant skills.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Massive laggs for the past two days on EU. Fix your kitten potato servers already if you want your players to buy gems and support the game. I realise PvPers always have been second class citizens but it’s literally the first time i’ve ever seen such bad servers in a AAA MMO.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Returned after 2 weeks hoping that this has been addressed. I’m still getting frequent latency ranging between 800 and 2000 milliseconds routing through telia.net and/or ncsoft.com. Every 10-20 seconds there is such a spike going through one of those servers (never both together that I’ve seen); all the other durations are between 12 and 60ms (most in the 20s). I can understand and accept an occasional 200ms spike, but 1-2 seconds ruins the gameplay. It is no longer smooth, I can no longer play the only class I really enjoy in the only way I really enjoy because one spike puts me at a significant disadvantage and I need to disengage. It makes the game unenjoyable.

Now, I understand that if it is a fault with the physical network - some interference or a faulty line - and that can take a huge amount of time and effort to locate before being able to address/repair the problem. But this has been going on for over 2 months. It’s okay if you’re having trouble, but communicate with us. Your customers are annoyed and unsatisfied. We’re giving you input and reporting on a serious issue. What is the problem? Is it being fixed? When can we expect to be able to experience gameplay the way it was designed, implemented and intended?

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I had a MAJOR lag spike two days ago in Battle of Kyhlo. It eventually disconnected me, but the weird thing was that I was still able to chat normally in Guild chat, even though my /say and /map chats were not showing up.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I had a MAJOR lag spike two days ago in Battle of Kyhlo. It eventually disconnected me, but the weird thing was that I was still able to chat normally in Guild chat, even though my /say and /map chats were not showing up.

This is pretty interesting. Whispers and guild chat does not go through the game server that you play PvP on. That implies you had an interrupted connection to the game server, but not our other servers.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Viprek.6730

Viprek.6730

That is correct Evan, it is the same thing that is happening to me. some IPs lag but others dont, it’s completely random if you get a laggy server or not. But the lag is constant for that specific IP (if I get it again in another match).

-Seikir

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This has been happening a lot lately. You are able to chat for a while before you see that you have dc’d, but to others you have vanished from the map. We had it happen a lot on one LA map, but later, when we were in a different copy of it, no issues. There are times when WvW is extremely bad, skills don’t activate, teleports put you back where you started, etc., and it will be like that until something resets the maps. These issues have been going on for quite a while, but it is getting much more pronounced in some situations.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

This is pretty interesting. Whispers and guild chat does not go through the game server that you play PvP on. That implies you had an interrupted connection to the game server, but not our other servers.

This happens quite often, I remember it in Labyrinth (for sure) and (most likely) during Tequatl. You can see the guild chat updating and can answer, but all players/mobs are stuck standing, spamming a single skill or running in the same direction. This either resolves in some time and the action restores, or you get DCed with an error message and booted into character select. The last time it happened I didn’t even get any error message; the game just switched to character select after a massive lag.

20 level 80s and counting.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I noticed my wife struggling with this issue in the labyrinth the other day. What was more interesting to me was when she lagged out/everyone froze it was like the game suddenly throttled our connection, so much so that it was stalling out games on my computer.

I checked our modem first, thinking perhaps it was just spotty speeds through our ISP, but everything seemed fine there. After rebooting it anyway just to be safe, the lag spikes continued in Guild Wars. I was playing another online game and every time she stalled out, shortly after I would experience something similar in my game while GW2 tried to catch up.

The only way I know that this behavior was due to Guild Wars and not simply our connection being spotty was that when she logged out of the game, I was no longer experiencing the lag spikes in my game. Whenever she logged back in and resumed playing however, the behavior returned. This has been consistently true since we started getting more and more noticeable spikes.

Edit: And in case the question comes up, our speed is more than sufficient for us to play two games at the same time on the same connection. We’re on 50/10.

(edited by Sondergaard.8469)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

I would not ever necro a thread, but I am so desperate that I’d rather do this then open a new thread & need some sort of help or suggestions to what to do.
For the past full 2 weeks, I simply cannot play PvP anymore as intended. I am on Europe and every time around 7 CET, which is my usual play time I am met with massive lag spikes, freezes, catch ups and overall skill lag (up to 3s, not exaggerating).
I’ve checked all the other games that I play that require internet connection, and all are working fine. I even contacted my internet provider just to make sure it is not my internet. It isn’t. Honest word.
I literally cannot play the game, and as of this moment I am just “forced” to drop it and play something else instead.
Any update on what it the heck is going on with these horrible lagging issues?

Update: This is literally pathetic. 15s lag spikes until I am on the ground dead. If only half of the finances are spent into server maintenance instead of “Living Story” or other games no one cares about, we would have had a great game in our hands.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Predator.9214)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

I’d be curious to see if starting the game client with the “-clientport 80” argument helps your PvP latency issue. There’s been a lot of talk that using that helps with throttling of your connection during EU peak hours.

-Bill

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I would not ever necro a thread, but I am so desperate that I’d rather do this then open a new thread & need some sort of help or suggestions to what to do.
For the past full 2 weeks, I simply cannot play PvP anymore as intended. I am on Europe and every time around 7 CET, which is my usual play time I am met with massive lag spikes, freezes, catch ups and overall skill lag (up to 3s, not exaggerating).
I’ve checked all the other games that I play that require internet connection, and all are working fine. I even contacted my internet provider just to make sure it is not my internet. It isn’t. Honest word.
I literally cannot play the game, and as of this moment I am just “forced” to drop it and play something else instead.
Any update on what it the heck is going on with these horrible lagging issues?

Update: This is literally pathetic. 15s lag spikes until I am on the ground dead. If only half of the finances are spent into server maintenance instead of “Living Story” or other games no one cares about, we would have had a great game in our hands.

Same thing happens to me, when it gets really bad I restart the game that seem to fix it 50% of the time.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Predator.9214

I’d be curious to see if starting the game client with the “-clientport 80” argument helps your PvP latency issue. There’s been a lot of talk that using that helps with throttling of your connection during EU peak hours.

-Bill

I appreciate the answer.
I searched around for what this “-clientport 80” argument is, came across this thread. Is this the instructions I should be following? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/10-5-11-2130-101-closed-connections/first#post77719
Also, the instructions state that I should insert “clientport 80” instead of “-clientport 80.” I’d appreciate a clarificarion on that as well so I can try this method out tonight.

Edit: Never mind, I just read that argument lines “/clientport:80” & “-clientport 80” are the same. I’ll update tonight to see if this solves the issue.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

(edited by Predator.9214)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Predator.9214

Update: Did not help at all. And it’s not even peak hours. I picked the game up at 5pm CET.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I’ve never had such terrible lag in any game, ever. This is unplayable. (EU)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

Well one of my team buddies quit, second simingly too as I was taking a break. I like the pvp balance atm, I want to play but simply put I can’t. It is not internet or pc as I’ve checked dozen times and everything else is fine.
Why the lag affects pvp SPECIFICLY hard, especially if lag increases with incoming living story updates?

And in the end – why in the new thread dev is almost laughing in the face of the players?

EDIT: It’s (with small brakes) since kittened August. So much of esports, when even low ladder team que is hell with 5+ secs lags and mandatory 1 dc per match for someone

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?

(edited by Aenye.2390)

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Shasda.2795

Shasda.2795

The game is no longer enjoyable for me at this point. the lag spikes are just too much. I get game closing lag in PvE, PvP, and WvW. Anywhere from 15 sec.-2 minutes long before i just force close the program. No other game is effected like gw2 so it isnt an internet issue or PC issue.

Frustrated customer :-(

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

This happens on and off for me as well. @BillFreist, have there been any significant server changes lately that could have caused this? Maybe server updates in preparation for HoT?

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: John Lightning.6293

John Lightning.6293

So I’m currently having horrible lag in spvp right now, it is unplayable. IP for my second game of the night: 64.25.38.220:0

This happens pretty often for me, no idea why, on Verizon Fios so…

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I’ve been experiencing a lot of lag in sPvP as well lately. Not sure what the issue is.

MASSIVE lag spikes

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Is it just me or after the last fix you have huge spike lag=?

Usually i go fine.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)