MMR so high that I can no longer get a match.

in PvP

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Everyone else is too busy tanking their MMR for easy wins. :v

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

perhaps its time you join the others and start lowering your MMR as well?

does this mean division is taken into account when queuing ?

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Oh it happend already,didnt expect this for another week or so…
Next step is that you will be forced to boost some league 1 teams to help them up, or you will be asigned lowest mmr players posible ,so that you lose some pips.
lol just watch broken MMR in large scale

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

pls read OP’s signature before accusing him of farming/exploiting. the system is a bloody hell of a mess where people wait an hour or more for a match once they’ve escaped the zoo that is amber and emerald div.

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

perhaps its time you join the others and start lowering your MMR as well?

does this mean division is taken into account when queuing ?

I think so.

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

You whine on time queue but everyone leaves pvp cause you farm all the night with esl players.

idk where u get this from, I’ve never seen collero q with a team lol

He didn´t play with Xerrex some matches though

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

well i need a printscreen of that “close to ruby” to trust U =D

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You would just afk anyway lol

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Yes he couldn’t win in solo. So he teamed up with good players and exploited the system all the night ?
Collero plesde don’t wonder if people are sleeping.

in PvP

Posted by: Nila.7813

Nila.7813

20 Min in soloq. Thank you arenanet.

in PvP

Collero.7963

Okay – It took 2-3 hours but I finally got a match. I lost it as the game was decided before it even began due to them having regulars and I had 3 unknowns. I gave it all I had though, but it was impossible…

2-3 Hours? / 1 Match / -1 Pip

I don’t even know what to say anymore…

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

You would just afk anyway lol

Hahahahaha. Henry delivers.

On the actual topic, yes, the whole PvP is a strategic game at the moment, filled with stalking other players, queue dodging and night-time farming. If you don’t go premade, you are likely to have a rollercoaster ride filled with blow-out wins and loses. If you go premade, you will most likely farm randoms or get farmed by a ProLeague carry team. At night, it’s simple because every team gets farmed by one or two premades.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Posted by: Zaiden.7832

Zaiden.7832

I lile the strategic aspect of it aswell- its like a new gamemode.
Showing as offline to fool others into false security, finding the right guys to queue up with.

And as everyone thinks they can get easy games at 3am we have a cluster of high MMR people playing until the daybreak.

10/10 IGN- would recommend!

Visceral Gaming [vG]
Anwen Lavery – Druid

in PvP

Collero.7963

Once you get to Sapphire – You can’t farm throughout the night because it’s nearly impossible to get matches. I just needed to clear that up for the jealous and kittened people in some of the previous posts.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaiden.7832

Zaiden.7832

Can confirm-
we managed to get 3 games in 3 hours last night (dodging you and the guns n tool premade).

Really sad that the matchmaking is actualky working and looking at your MMR right now.

Visceral Gaming [vG]
Anwen Lavery – Druid

in PvP

Collero.7963

I got several matches and won most but now I am back with 40 minute queues…

Edit: A response from ANet would be useful here. It’s getting ridiculous…

(edited by Collero.7963)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

If you were smart you wouldnt be grindning a broken system 5+ hours a day. Who cares where anyone is ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

What’s the point in factoring MMR into a league system that has progression via divisions with tiers and is meant to be competitive play with serious leader boards? This whole system would work better removing MMR from the equation. Treat every player as equal level at the start, and match make based on the player’s league position. Leaderboards would also be better then. Let players ability put them where they should be instead of trying to control it with a computer algorithm.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Collero.7963

If you were smart you wouldnt be grindning a broken system 5+ hours a day. Who cares where anyone is ranked.

I shouldn’t be playing the game? Oh…

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

There are not enough players at your level for a competitive match, Collero.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

same here 20 min atm and i only solo and duoQ and i have just reached sapphire one hour ago

ps: it will be hard to do the daily league achievement in this condition

(edited by Bebunw.8137)

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

If the league system works like this it’s working. What isn’t working with the current league system is the mmr.

In your case of farming matches it only means that there are no ppl in your league level playing the game. Without mmr this wouldn’t be the case. Without mmr the game would force you to have a bit longer wait times while people are reaching your level but you would still be able to play matches more often than now.

I also think that the reason they made this system like this is the rewards so that it would take huge amount of time to get to the legendary and get rewards. Unfortunately this is the wrong way of thinking because it only cripples the matchmaking and makes this game unplayable and because pvp players don’t care that much about reward, they just want to have good matches.

Leagues are a mess now because they use their mmr system to decide matches. If anet wants to have their leagues working properly they need to get rid of the mmr and use the league system instead.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

They could essentially tell MMR to relax completely and just match anyone with anyone.

But they are not going to rewrite the entire matching system to use League tiers for matching anytime soon. They do not have the staff allocated to do that. It would take a few months of programming and testing.

Besides, most of the staff is probably working on the Holiday in-game WintersDay event.

in PvP

Collero.7963

Okay – You win ANet. I can’t deal with these 30 minute queues everytime any longer.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

First world problems lol… Pretty easy to lower MMR when you solo queue, I get paired up with people who don’t even know how to play the game and lose matches because I can’t carry hard enough. I pretty much only solo queue, occasionally duo if my friend is online. I win about 30-50% of the games I’m in with solo queues, which is fine – the games are still fun until I get up against full premades who zerg points with 3+ people every fight.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

(edited by Josh XT.6053)

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Okay – You win ANet. I can’t deal with these 30 minute queues everytime any longer.

I have the perfect solution for you. Put me on your shoulders and my abysmally low MMR will balance out your high one, and you’ll have 30 second queues

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

This isn’t your MMR, but your ladder position. We could let matchmaking expand the ladder position cutoff, but then we’d have a lot of players complaining that they keep getting matched with people outside their division. We’d have to let this happen pretty slowly still.

How long would you be willing to wait before going significantly outside your division for matchmaking?

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Well at least they have a LADDER CUTOFF in the matching. Thank goodness.

Please keep the Sapphires+ out of the Amber pool.

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

This has got to be a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

How long would you be willing to wait before going significantly outside your division for matchmaking?

I think 5 minutes wouldn’t be too long. I could endure even 10 minutes just to be sure I won’t get Amber guys in my team who doesn’t lose anything while I’m heavily punished for losing in Sapphire.

Well at least they have a LADDER CUTOFF in the matching. Thank goodness.

Please keep the Sapphires + out of the Amber pool.

Yes, please. Keep Ambers out of my matches ;P

in PvP

Posted by: Syrius Gorn.5384

Syrius Gorn.5384

Evan ? plz, you can’t see the 5 forums pages complaining about matchmaking and league system ? plz we want a true answer, not a “plz wait”….

You are loosing a lot of players atm….

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

This isn’t your MMR, but your ladder position. We could let matchmaking expand the ladder position cutoff, but then we’d have a lot of players complaining that they keep getting matched with people outside their division. We’d have to let this happen pretty slowly still.

Dont expand cutoff, improve system to climb ladders reasonably. How to progress if game forces you to have 50% win ratio. Divisions should be easier to climb, now most the soloquers will be stuck in tier3 forever.

If people wont stuck in ladders, then there will be more people in all divisions and short que times.

(edited by REGGADO.1237)

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i say make ‘em wait 15 -20 mins. he’s gotten up high enough fast enough that he’s going to need to wait for a match.

in theory, eventually, once enough people have played enough to be in the higher divisions he’ll have a bigger pool of people to play w/. but if hes up in a high div after less than a week, he’s just going to need to wait

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Is there any chance of mmr reset to make the league system to work properly and to show the mmr of a player?

in PvP

Posted by: speedbox.1473

speedbox.1473

This is perfect let farmers and premade esl teams play with each other))))

in PvP

Posted by: Syrius Gorn.5384

Syrius Gorn.5384

“n. We’d have to let this happen pretty slowly still.”

Yeah and you will loose a lot of players, because since 3 years, pvp is a fail and people are fed up to wait for a miracle…. leagues must be this miracle.
But you failed

in PvP

Collero.7963

I can wait 10 minutes but even that is too long although after what I have endured today, I am grateful for even 15 minute waits. I just can’t take these 20-40+ minute waits everytime.

It needs to be dealt with as soon as possible, like in the next few days because I literally can’t play due to it and I know a couple of people who are also having long queues, not insane like mine though.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I can wait 10 minutes but even that is too long although after what I have endured today, I am grateful for even 15 minute waits. I just can’t take these 20-40+ minute waits everytime.

It needs to be dealt with as soon as possible, like in the next few days because I literally can’t play due to it and I know a couple of people who are also having long queues, not insane like mine though.

u should just go to the new zones and farm while in queue… er wait..

u should just go to a hotjoin match and farm while in queue… wait wait…

u should just find some of ur friend/randoms and duel for fun while in queue… wait wait wait…

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Seems like a lose-lose for ArenaNet.

Relax the matchmaking so the top people can farm the players who are learning.

The ambers stop playing.

The top players wait too long, and they quit as well.

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

got the same problem here….. long wait times and then vs premade of ESL-players….. it is a horribly broken system that forges nothing but salt.

IT’S A SALTMINE!

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Except we’re not.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Except we’re not.

Indeed. Not everyone in Sapphire is “farmer” or “esl premade”, some of us was just playing soloQ and actualy got there due to our own effort, flexibility and simply by not throwing…

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Except we’re not.

Indeed. Not everyone in Sapphire is “farmer” or “esl premade”, some of us was just playing soloQ and actualy got there due to our own effort, flexibility and simply by not throwing…

How does it feel having any prestige stolen by exploiters?

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Collero.7963

I have been in queue alone for 1 hour & 37 minutes now.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Except we’re not.

How does it feel having any prestige stolen by exploiters?

I don’t find any “prestige” in climbing into sapphire. So don’t know how it feel, however I tend to rage on full rosters ;s

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Yes he couldn’t win in solo. So he teamed up with good players and exploited the system all the night ?
Collero plesde don’t wonder if people are sleeping.

Kek

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Collero.7963

Except we’re not.

Exactly – It was expected though.

I finally got a pop after 1 hour and 53 minutes.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Please just copy the league system from league of legends.

Your system is just broken.

Match making should only take into account your mmr, never the division.
AFTER a match, the amount of pips you gain (or loose) should be determined by your mmr in relation to your current league position.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

The difference between the way that this forum responds to devs and the way that reddit responds to them helps me understand why they prefer answering questions over there rather than in this nest of harpies.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

The difference between the way that this forum responds to devs and the way that reddit responds to them helps me understand why they prefer answering questions over there rather than in this nest of harpies.

Pucker up and kiss it guys. Your 50 bucks for the expansion that the devs promised, in the manifesto, was never going to happen entitles you to suck up every sweet drop of developer comments like ambrosia from the gods.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”