Meanwhile, in engi land...

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

BTW I noticed that someone just started a thread on the engi forums raising the valid point mentioned above: the dev activity on the engi forum is staggering if you compare to say necros or rangers.

That thread was quickly locked with no explanation that I can see.

Haha, look at ele subforum. We got one short message about blasting staff being added in the changes and then nothing for months ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

BTW I noticed that someone just started a thread on the engi forums raising the valid point mentioned above: the dev activity on the engi forum is staggering if you compare to say necros or rangers.

That thread was quickly locked with no explanation that I can see.

Haha, look at ele subforum. We got one short message about blasting staff being added in the changes and then nothing for months ^^

Beside the recent healing skill category changes, rangers sub-forum hasn’t receive a red posts for half a year or more lol.. (And that red post is just to compensate an oversight in the original update note of them forgetting to include these changes)

You can even see in some sub-forums that the developers are CHATTING with the community back and forth.

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Eles have a strong competitive class with several builds just for PVP alone, Engies as well. Necros have one build and is is far from competitive. After this patch the community is going to notice an uptick in activity of eles, Engies, guardians, mesmers, and warriors because they are solid classes. Necros will die, and we are fooling ourselves to not think this way. The power creep of the already meta classes is insane, and there seems to be no concern that the non meta classes will not fall further along the main side. Necro died, and Engies, eles, mesmers, all got hugely stronger.

The amount if negativity on the Necro forums reflects the power, or lack thereof, of the Necro class. Constant low tier of competitiveness generates negativity, which worsens when dev’s continue to nerf this class with no viable reasons, thus further expanding our frustration. I think they actually like frustrating the players of this class.

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I

I said it before and will say it again. From the point of view of balancing, there was ZERO reason to spend all this effort on engi changes.

Cooldown reductions across the board, a whole new kit where literally every single skill is a field or a finisher and engis are the only ones who got a whole completely new slot (toolbar 5 skill). Looking at the state of the balance, it is VERY hard to explain it by anything else than bias.

I
Why do you think engie had cd reductions on their utility skills? Or why did necro get an increase in their life force pool or eles in their attunement recharge, they couldn’t all possibly be connected in some way could they? Mortar was completely useless for over two years, its about time it was fixed and btw thieves got another slot too. So no,it wasn’t very hard to explain why engies got help too.

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I’m just out here trying to get a viable heal and engis be like we need 100% swiftness yo. Devs be like engi need more love than necs.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

It really is disgusting how anet CLEARLY!! puts engis on a pedestal on top of every other class. I’m also gonna hold on to my 50$ until I see how it plays out but so far it makes me wanna unistall.

in PvP

Gryph.8237

What’s an even stronger indicator is that Engies don’t even deny the bias hahahha

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Your criticism is completly overdrawn. Essence of your posts: “OMG, some dev posted in engies subforum, its the evidence they prefer engi class in terms of balance”, just hear yourself talking…

Whats wrong about engis perma swiftness, it has been on engi since forever? Sure its handy, but engi has never been strong because of the best mobility. Just wait for the update, im quite sure the cheese and whine about some other classes will be much stronger than about engi.

Kindergarten…

in PvP

Posted by: knkasa.2608

knkasa.2608

This isn’t really about who’s getting buffs and not. Im not really concerned about this swiftness buff that much. What I care is this one dev member just showed up from nowhere, saw the engi thread, and said “sure, I’ll buff it for you, youre welcome”. And all the engi players were saying “oh thanks”, “thanks a lot” without realizing what actually happened. This is how balances are taking place? When was the last time, something like this happened to other professions. This is kind of disgusting. I’m starting to feel like not wanting to buy this new expansion. Also, someone else started a thread about this on engi forum and the thread got locked. Do they have to do this?

(edited by knkasa.2608)

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

What’s an even stronger indicator is that Engies don’t even deny the bias hahahha

Or maybe they’re just fed up with the bias versus engineers that people in this subforum have.
People here are whining even about the toolbelt cooldown reductions. Guess what, the toolbelt cooldown reduction was the profession stat for engineers.
Everyone is getting part of it as baseline, but when that happens to engineers, suddenly it becomes some huge buff and they are the most loved class of ANet (funny, seeing what happened to turrets just some time ago).

And the dev considered the loss of uptime “an unintended consequence of Kit Refinement being packed together with Speedy Kits”, anyway. It seems like they just didn’t think about that, so he’s fixing it.

(edited by Manuhell.2759)

in PvP

Gryph.8237

I doubt You will hear whining from classes facing a Necro. I doubt you will hear. Omg that Necro is wrecking, or omg necros are top tier now, or omg I can’t beat a Necro. Most likely you will continue to say, necros, free kill, or focus the Necro somit become a 3 v 2. He can defend, or look, the Necro kills himself!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Just saying, people do need to realize 25% and 33% is a HUGGGE difference in WvW in terms of mobility. It’s a life or death sentence of whether you could escape a zerg or thieves chasing you endlessly.

You do know that the difference is only while out of combat? While in combat swiftness and the 25% movment speeds increase traits/runes etc. do exactly the same. Here look at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_speed if you dont believe

That’s not how I read it:

“Maximum out-of-combat movement speed is capped at 133% of base speed; maximum in-combat speed is capped at 125% of base.”

125%moves peed will go slower than 125% move speed while in combat, they will only go 125% move speed while out of combat. While 133%movespeed will go faster than someone with 125% move speed in combat, but they just can’t exceed 125% move speed.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

I doubt You will hear whining from classes facing a Necro. I doubt you will hear. Omg that Necro is wrecking, or omg necros are top tier now, or omg I can’t beat a Necro. Most likely you will continue to say, necros, free kill, or focus the Necro somit become a 3 v 2. He can defend, or look, the Necro kills himself!!!

Descent people dont said this about engi as well. Its a pretty good class, no doubt, but its not completly over the top. Well, rangers could get some more love in my opinion, but i find all others to be on a very usefull level.
Maybe the biggest plus on engi side is that they´re handy in most team comps, so its a very good class for random teams. 4-5 celestial classes usually do better than 4-5 berserks, but that doesnt make them imba. In a premade team, it looks much different and all classes can do good in the right teamcomp.

And btw, in the big picture of the expansion(with all changes to condis and stuff), i can absolutly think of condi necros becoming a thing. For me, they look pretty neat on the paper, and condi transfers will be even better IF the meta will see more use of condis.

(edited by Mister Fluffkin.7358)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Favoritism at its finest.

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Lol. Need to post that in engi forum.

obey me

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Tfw the picture calling out another class is posted by someone who mains the most OP class for the conquest game mode.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Just saying, people do need to realize 25% and 33% is a HUGGGE difference in WvW in terms of mobility. It’s a life or death sentence of whether you could escape a zerg or thieves chasing you endlessly.

You do know that the difference is only while out of combat? While in combat swiftness and the 25% movment speeds increase traits/runes etc. do exactly the same. Here look at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_speed if you dont believe

“Maximum out-of-combat movement speed is capped at 133% of base speed; maximum in-combat speed is capped at 125% of base.”

125%moves peed will go slower than 125% move speed while in combat, they will only go 125% move speed while out of combat. While 133%movespeed will go faster than someone with 125% move speed in combat, but they just can’t exceed 125% move speed.

No, you read it wrong. You have two base movment speeds one in combat and one out of combat. In-combat movment speed it is capped at 125% of the in-combat base movment speed (this is the one that you use for the calculation). So due the cap, you can only get the full effect of swiftness in combat if you already slowed by things like cripple or chill.

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Tfw the picture calling out another class is posted by someone who mains the most OP class for the conquest game mode.

Big difference between overpowered and one of a kind.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

it took anet 3 years to change LR~
it took them what, 2 days to change speedy kits~

also, most broken class yet more than 1 of them on team makes winning exponently harder… while you can stack as many engis on team as you want, in fact it increases your win chances~

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

3 years for hobosacks~

I swear the golden child was ‘Warrior’? The trend for who is considered the golden child changes far too fast for me. I guess it must be all those thief shadowsteps abusing various spots on the map and flying above my head.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Gryph.8237

Would pay for Necro to be the golden child, or to have a moment in the sun. That is to say to have the devs interact and work with the Necro comunity as it does with the ele and engie communities. Moth of these classes have been integral to pvp for a long time while the Necro was viable for about 3 weeks after dhuumfire and then nerfed to the ground.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

3 years for hobosacks~

I swear the golden child was ‘Warrior’? The trend for who is considered the golden child changes far too fast for me. I guess it must be all those thief shadowsteps abusing various spots on the map and flying above my head.

looks don’t affect the fight…. /facepalm

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

3 years for hobosacks~

Wait a minute…how can you compare hobosacks to Speedy Kits?? It’s graphic debate that doesn’t affect gameplay results in anyway, I’m still not sure how the hobosacks thread got so big and you can’t compare to thief and war either. So how can you?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

3 years for hobosacks~

Wait a minute…how can you compare hobosacks to Speedy Kits?? It’s graphic debate that doesn’t affect gameplay results in anyway, I’m still not sure how the hobosacks thread got so big and you can’t compare to thief and war either. So how can you?

cosmetics are the real end game yo, and hobosacks look like kitten

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

I don’t want to be presumptuous but I think there might be a general issue with the way the balancing process is set up.

It seems that the way it works right now is this: each dev is tasked with doing 1-2 professions, then there is a meeting where the changes are discussed from the balancing perspective. This seems deeply problematic for two reasons:

1. Noone is actually responsible for balancing as such. Everyone just brokers there specific ideas.
2. Since different devs are to a different extent vocal/enthusiastic and are also in different positions, in the long term balance is skewed depending on who does which profession.

There is actually a simple way to avoid most of these issues: firstly, there should be a rotation so that a single dev does not do the same profession for longer than say half a year without swapping. Secondly, there should be someone who is tasked with overall balance exclusively and does not do a specific profession.

Maybe I am wrong in some of my thinking here. Still, since many of the last changes seem so random from the point of view of balance, maybe there is reason enough to question the overall current balancing approach.

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

3 years for hobosacks~

It was meant to be tongue in cheek. Good God, this subforum is the most tense and on edge thing I have ever seen. The tears are ready to flow at the drop of a feather, or a gadget it seems in this context.

Don’t you know, Fashion Wars>Ugly Wars

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Sagat.3285

3 years for hobosacks~

It was meant to be tongue in cheek. Good God, this subforum is the most tense and on edge thing I have ever seen. The tears are ready to flow at the drop of a feather, or a gadget it seems in this context.

Don’t you know, Fashion Wars>Ugly Wars

Meh favoritism always seems attached to engi, the turret burial was a deception :/

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Cynz.9437

engis that needed nerfs got buffed….
necros that counter engis and needed buffs.. got nerfed

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

No, you read it wrong. You have two base movment speeds one in combat and one out of combat. In-combat movment speed it is capped at 125% of the in-combat base movment speed (this is the one that you use for the calculation). So due the cap, you can only get the full effect of swiftness in combat if you already slowed by things like cripple or chill.

I just tested it, that’s not correct. I used a stopwatch and moved a certain distance with both swiftness and 25% move speed while in combat. I moved further with swiftness every time.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Engi is face roll.

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

Engi is face roll.

As is D/P Carry thief, what is your point?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Engi is face roll.

You mean meta Panic Strike thief? You’re comparing a whole prof to a spec that uses RNG and procs and thief will be call faceroll/cheese/OP no matter what.

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

Engi is face roll.

You mean meta Panic Strike thief? You’re comparing a whole prof to a spec that uses RNG and procs and thief will be call faceroll/cheese/OP no matter what.

Yes PS of course. It is a very user friendly easy spec in terms of mechanics and requires low play time for most.

That said, you can’t really call a whole class face roll. There are face roll builds on any class.

Celestial Rifle isn’t all Engineer is, and I doubt anyone would say other specs beside this one pose the most issues atm.

After the changes? I don’t know, but neither do any of you. Not even the Devs do (quite evidently). We’ll just have to wait and see.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Jeez. No one can get nice things without people crying and making it worse for everyone.

in PvP

T raw.4658

Engi is face roll.

Yes PS of course. It is a very user friendly easy spec in terms of mechanics and requires low play time for most.

That said, you can’t really call a whole class face roll. There are face roll builds on any class.

Celestial Rifle isn’t all Engineer is, and I doubt anyone would say other specs beside this one pose the most issues atm.

After the changes? I don’t know, but neither do any of you. Not even the Devs do (quite evidently). We’ll just have to wait and see.

If an engi loses to any thief they need to uninstall

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

Engi is face roll.

That has nothing to do with how face roll PS spec is, or how Op the class is on the conquest game mode due to their mechanics alone.

By the same token, if a Thief loses to a mesmer they should uninstall.

I don’t see anything but your salty tears you can’t outplay Engineers despite them having an advantage. There is always room to outplay bruh.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Engi is face roll.

Thief can win vs engi.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Engi is face roll.

Thief can win vs bad engi.

fixed

All is Vain~

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Engi is face roll.

Thief can win vs engi.

And mesmer can win against a thief. Should it happen? No.

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Engi is face roll.

Thief can win vs engi.

Power Shatter is not all that mesmer can spec for.

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Engi is face roll.

Thief can win vs engi.

Panic strike is not all thief can spec for? Your point? Everyone understood what I meant, are we playing with words now?

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Engi is face roll.

Thief can win vs engi.

Panic strike is not all thief can spec for? Your point? Everyone understood what I meant, are we playing with words now?

I’m just stating the belief that an entire class counters an entire class is false it’s all about specs but conquest limits them. PS thief got Last Refuge gutted, with sigils it’s trickier, Vamp Runes mist form doesn’t allow capping only thing left is mainly the RNG of Improvisation that’s to the devs to be creative. I kind of dislike how significant runes and sigils can become but I don’t think much balancing will happen to those soon.

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Engi is face roll.

Thief can win vs engi.

I’m just stating the belief that an entire class counters an entire class is false it’s all about specs but conquest limits them. PS thief got Last Refuge gutted, with sigils it’s trickier, Vamp Runes mist form doesn’t allow capping only thing left is mainly the RNG of Improvisation that’s to the devs to be creative. I kind of dislike how significant runes and sigils can become but I don’t think much balancing will happen to those soon.

And I believe it’s very clear what I meant.

in PvP

T raw.4658

So I’m interested as to what people believe makes the PS thief so face roll?

Please do tell

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Engi is face roll.

I played all classes, and honestly I’d have to tell you Engi is 10 times more faceroll than thief in general. A good thief is really strong but it’s much easier to suck at playing thief than suck at playing engi.

in PvP

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

The devs main Engi, notably Josh. It’s Anet’s pet class. Why do you think Engi’s segment of the Ready Up was the longest?

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Pretty much everyone here agrees engi > all
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Who-won-the-balance-changes/first

Aoe moa, blast on dodge, buffed elite skill that was already very strong, a buff to those ridiculous grenades that were far too strong already. List goes on.

They moved Incendiary Powder to GM, but I fail to see how they nerfed it: “Incendiary Powder: Your critical hits inflict 4s of burning. Burning you apply lasts 33% longer. This trait has a 10 second internal cooldown.”

And considering how much of a buff mesmers received, that’s saying something.

IP requires a sacrifice of other Firearms GMs.
Also with the coindi changes, 1 stack of burning does LESS damage and requires a hell of a lot MORE condi investment to gain even similar results as the current in game IP.
Engi is getting buffs in some places(mostly for power based builds), while getting decent nerfs to hybrid and minor buffs to condi because of vuln mostly.

Mesmers received amazing buffs and they needed it, hell boon running builds on them are not bursty anymore and rely less on invis, they are downright close to current DD ele levels of booning(PU), although less controlled than ele.
Necro looks like it might still lag behind, I am not the most experienced with necros however, so can not say to much about them.
Thief received some really nice buffs too, although they received nerfs in burst most likely because they will benefit ridiculously from the stat changes. The steal QoL change already is a significant buff.
Warrior is a tank MONSTER now without giving up much power potential, yes more than before. Significant condi improvements too.
Guard I am still on the fence about, support got a buff, and medi got some more options, but generally they look the same from power based perspective and better for condi.
Ranger, meh, traps and condi. Not great.
Ele received MAJOR nerfs to hybrid. Some power buffs, but due to their rediculously low toughness and vital, power builds will still be very niche. I see them running into condi focused hybrids.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The engi got the ultimate love this time around, meanwhile, the necro dev team spited us and half did the things we asked for (they moved terror down, but nerfed lingering curse and didn’t move Path of Corruption), then they nerfed us to make up for blood magic’s much needed fix.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

The balance team should just be replaced with walrus if they can write a family guy episode they can balance the game.

Elementalist the class with very few active defenses with the only viable build requiring you to play like a bot (d/d).

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Thieves just got two red threads.

QUICK! SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT HOW THIEVES ARE THE DEVS SECOND FAVORITE CLASS! THIS MUST BE HOW THIEVES GOT BUFFED INTO ABSURDITY!1!!