Mesmer is OP as kitten

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

After I just explained how to handedly beat a mesmer every time, all the whiners ignored it. This is a flame post. Just some bottom-tier players whining because they don’t get the purple butterfly animation.

Stop trying to explain to them how to beat mesmers, they don’t want to learn; they want to complain.

Good news! You know how much ArenaNet pays attention to logicless, skillless whiners? About as much as the girls in their middle school.

To those on this forum page who cannot beat mesmers, I have bad news. Stop trying, you never will. You need to pay attention to the game to do that. Which – judging by this post – you are incapable of doing.

+1

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

A mediocre Warrior is a liability. A mediocre Mesmer gets a slap to the wrist. Why? Nothing hard about classes that spam defensive evade block blind crap as they DPS, nothing hard about vertical range, and there is nothing hard about untelegraphed instant DPS.

Mediocre warrior is a liability? Warrior is the easiest class in game hands down.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

After I just explained how to handedly beat a mesmer every time, all the whiners ignored it. This is a flame post. Just some bottom-tier players whining because they don’t get the purple butterfly animation.

Stop trying to explain to them how to beat mesmers, they don’t want to learn; they want to complain.

Good news! You know how much ArenaNet pays attention to logicless, skillless whiners? About as much as the girls in their middle school.

To those on this forum page who cannot beat mesmers, I have bad news. Stop trying, you never will. You need to pay attention to the game to do that. Which – judging by this post – you are incapable of doing.

+1

Good players adapt, bad players whine. Not much more to say.

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

Mesmer = OP
Engi = OP
Ele = OP
Guard = OP
War =OP
Necro =OP
Ranger =OP
Thief =OP

If we are all OP none of us are. Idk why I keep getting on these forums

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

This again? Lol Amir still playing with auto target in PvP? While still being unable to count cool downs. @Amir you seem to ignore the fact thieves, eles, and rangers have better access to doge than a mesmer, yet they are fine? Considering thieves and eles can do more with less set up?

Side note in general… I find it funny how ppl get lost in clones when they don’t even show off hands anymore – Oh wait sorry swords not meta, Hey Amir -1 doge skill when you finally count.

@OP, Mesmer is OP?
Your argument is Invalid because:
1, It is all AI <- No It’s not all AI, the AI a shatterer has (the only credited viable build at the moment) is not only predictable and dies to cleave, but even if you think of them as damage scaling condis (which they kinda are) they still do a max of what 3k every 7-8 seconds presuming it dosen’t die and actually lands as it is easily avoided and kited. Condi bombs come out faster, once applied unavoidable, and doesn’t give multiple times to doge before it’s effective… Also Condi bombs are only cleared with dedicated condi clense big bombs usually still hurt the players who bring a passive or a 3-4 condi clense.

But auto attacks remove phants so Mesmer is a problem? lol ok yeah sure.

2, They can burst out of stealth – So can thief, and Engie, and technically ranger. This isn’t proof something is OP, it’s a mechanic in the game THAT ALL PLAYERS OF EVERY SKILL LEVEL have to play around. (It’s like ppl saying Mage is OP in harthstone cuz turn 7 flame strikes, and the idiots dumped their hand on turn 6 lol)

3, They port around from ledge to ledge so I can never finish them off without a thief on my team. – Terrain is your friend. Necros, Eles, Thieves, all have the same abillity, as well as guardians being able to follow up certain terrain plays. Terrain is part of combat and part of the balance, not everything is based around 1v1 on a flat. (although the game promotes it.) If you don’t like it, drop some passive survivability l2 use active survivability and go toe to toe with your foe. Or ya know just keep getting rekt.

4, Playing with bunkery people vs thief/mesmer as a necro is miserable as you have no thief to nullify the mesmer and they kitten me. – L2 condi bomb? If your power, don’t get out played? THEY KNOW your DS auto attack is going to kill them, Sorry not every target is going to sit still for you to kill them. If you are having problems, you NEED to out play your opponent out playing you… and this isn’t some kittenty situation like thief vs turret engie that out heal their auto attacks. No, You have A LOT of options as a necro. Hell maybe you have to leave the point and come back for once.

5, I hope they don’t nerf ele/engi so it becomes mesmer/thief OP comps again which just farm all other squishies. – Medi guard power creeped and can deal with mes and thief fairly well (except maybe mes staff with enough time) Unlike the older metas where bunker guard would just die, this is a feasible counter, Also Medi guards ARE NOT meta right now because of engie and ele. Fresh air ele can gank both mes and thief with less set up, zerk rangers can deal with most glass cannons if they are smart enough players and don’t rely on rapid fire to carry them.

ps. I realize the original tittle above facts was “Why is annoying” which I realize is a subjective statement, but the air of the post was OP and that’s what I’m discrediting.

And yes air and fire is lame, And yes Warrior isn’t OP!

Eles being able to port aside, this means points get capped and those with passive defenses carry them on point, and this is the reason why A-net will never implement dueling. Neither of them sit on a point and just die, they survive at less effort. mes and thief wouldn’t have to port around if those attacks tickled, and if fighting by a supply drop wasn’t an auto win for engie vs glass. (but hoho let’s complain about the 10 seconds a moa screws you for, oh wait it can properly doge and now it ran away.)

Heres the problem with zerk active defense vs low risk (any sustain build really) passive defense:

Zerk build: I do 20% more damage when I burst but my auto attacks tickle against anything with decent armor, So I have to dance around, reposition, kite and pick my fights. >=/

Sustain: I do 20% less than the zerk build on my burst, however My auto attacks can kill them and I don’t even need to outplay to be relevant. >=D

If you do get outplayed. Don’t complain, it’s your build that has been spoiling you not teaching you how to react.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Daishi.6027

Glass cannons will stop relying on terrain when:

Cel Eles and BM rangers along with other builds in their category do not out heal the damage between burst.

Condi builds are not given leeway with 2 defensive stats and hit only 10% less than a zerker counter part. (over a period of 10 seconds)

OR

When passive cleave of survivability builds isn’t enough to melt glass.

Until then, get LoSed, Kited, and eventually Rekt.

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I have no idea why they leave auto target on by default. Every MMO I play I ask myself why do you have Q and E as strafe instead of A D? Every MMO includes keyboard turning by default, really? Really?

If you have autotarget on then I guess mesmers would be OP………

Every mmo I play I’m constantly amazed at the horrible default controls.

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I created a mesmer to find out how to counter him. Joined a game without any thief. It was very easy. Even 1 vs 2 are possible because in 1 shatter some targets are so low that panic comes to their eyes. On the next game I kissed the floor because they had 2 thiefs.

Mesmer should be nerfed and buffed

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Daishi.6027

Killing people who haven’t learned to play isn’t proof somethinf is imba.

Power Necro isn’t OP because I can join a few games face roll and kill people who haven’t learned to fight it yet.

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

Zerk build: I do 20% more damage when I burst but my auto attacks tickle against anything with decent armor, So I have to dance around, reposition, kite and pick my fights. >=/

Sustain: I do 20% less than the zerk build on my burst, however My auto attacks can kill them and I don’t even need to outplay to be relevant. >=D

guilden wers 2014 e-sportz

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Henry does your team comp beat Celest enemy groups? (I imagine yes)
By choosing a team setup that does this reasonably well you’ve sacrificed defense against bursters for your Necro. (Mesmers don’t get to pick your team setup)
Mesmers have a horrible time vs Celest teams.

Wow I just made a Rock/Paper/Scissors list. This is why you think Mesmer is OP – YOU have designed your team to be weak vs them in exchange for beating Celest. Thought you would have noticed that before coming to forums to scream “MESMER OP!!”

I 100% support nerfing Fire+Air though (along with other Rune/Sigil/Amulet changes I’ve posted about).

(edited by Coulter.2315)

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

#nerfmesmernotele/engi

Sad but true people.

I would much rather they nerfed mesmer than ele/engi.

And warrior doesn’t even need nerfing people. It is a “fair” class. It doesn’t port around like a no-lifer whilst AI kills you.

Mesmer is annoying because:
1, It is all AI
2, They can burst out of stealth
3, They port around from ledge to ledge so I can never finish them off without a thief on my team
4, Playing with bunkery people vs thief/mesmer as a necro is miserable as you have no thief to nullify the mesmer and they kitten me.
5, I hope they don’t nerf ele/engi so it becomes mesmer/thief OP comps again which just farm all other squishies.

My opinion: please don’t nerf the kitten out of ele and engi if that just means we get more OP mesmers running around never letting me heal and bursting me out of stealth with like 3 buttons.

P.s. fire and air sigils are lame.

P.p.s At least eles and engis sit there and are there to be killed, mesmers and thieves port around like clowns and just kitten everyone off.

P.p.p.s Warrior isn’t OP

And so the vicious cycle continues. community wont be satisfied until we’re beating each other with sticks.

There’s nothing wrong with mesmer. It’s a decent class that takes skill to master, but the resulting payoff is huge.

It’s also innately glassy. If they hope to down you they must abandon much of their offensive skills.

I don’t mean to be harsh, but learn to play instead of insisting Anet cater to you. That’s how warriors got the kitten nerfed out of them, and I’m tired of seeing the same baseless whining applied to any class that isnt laughably difficult to play given the current “balancing”.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

#nerfmesmernotele/engi

Sad but true people.

I would much rather they nerfed mesmer than ele/engi.

And warrior doesn’t even need nerfing people. It is a “fair” class. It doesn’t port around like a no-lifer whilst AI kills you.

Mesmer is annoying because:
1, It is all AI
2, They can burst out of stealth
3, They port around from ledge to ledge so I can never finish them off without a thief on my team
4, Playing with bunkery people vs thief/mesmer as a necro is miserable as you have no thief to nullify the mesmer and they kitten me.
5, I hope they don’t nerf ele/engi so it becomes mesmer/thief OP comps again which just farm all other squishies.

My opinion: please don’t nerf the kitten out of ele and engi if that just means we get more OP mesmers running around never letting me heal and bursting me out of stealth with like 3 buttons.

P.s. fire and air sigils are lame.

P.p.s At least eles and engis sit there and are there to be killed, mesmers and thieves port around like clowns and just kitten everyone off.

P.p.p.s Warrior isn’t OP

If you’re not being sarcastic then you are FINALLY CATCHING ON and you now have my respect.

There is NOTHING skill based about being able to evade while being able to attack. This applies to Guardian, Ranger, and in certain cases, Ele.
There is nothing hard about being able to shatter while attacking and baiting out evades. Or being able to attack while casting another attack in general, NOTHING HARD ABOUT IT folks.
There is NOTHING fun about dealing with vertical range teleport.
Oh and did I mention that spamming evades while being able to do cleave burst is anti-fun braindead kitten mode? At least when a thief does it, they have to choose between short bow dodge or CLUSTER BOMB. They can’t have both.

People saying Warrior is braindead are the most ignorant pieces of garbage that I have ever seen in my life. Warrior is AGAIN the most balanced class in the game because guess what?

1.) They don’t have 10 million dodges and they can’t attack while dodging unless you’re that bad that you can’t see the combustive shot AoE ring or that you think reckless dodge deals damage or that you think condi Warrior is any good at all when it’s just a pub-stomping build.
a.) If they do spec for perma-vigor via shoutbow, burst damage and stun lock destroys them.
2.) Once Warriors are stunned, they are staying stunned. They can’t cast anything once their stun breaks are down, unlike Mesmer who can just cast daze shatter or distortion and Guardian who can cast block or blind.
3.) If Warriors ever try to escape then there’s too much counterplay and if they do get away, you got outplayed because Warrior can’t escape through memorizing blinking through vertical range.

P.S Warrior is now the most balanced profession in the game. People are just ignorant much like how ANET nerfs skull crack even though there was “no real incentive for people” to take Mace over Hammer.

P.S2 this game will probably still have a really bad population after PAX EAST because ANET makes so many bad decisions in balancing. I mean look at our que system, our population is so low we can’t even afford to have a solo que system and have to have a mixed system because ANET drove the population away with their incompetence.

I agree with Amir. Warrior is much harder to play than mesmer.

Op ignore the hatters. There is always trolls that copy paste a l2p anwser. Just remember that the same trolls said the same thing about every single op build that was nerfed in the past. Like old hambow, sd thief before #3 nerf, mesmer before global cd to shatter skills, trolls always said they were balanced, but they were nerfed because clearly they were not. They always show up to try to flame the topics and protect the easy mode builds. Keep going.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Mesmer is OP as kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Henry does your team comp beat Celest enemy groups? (I imagine yes)
By choosing a team setup that does this reasonably well you’ve sacrificed defense against bursters for your Necro. (Mesmers don’t get to pick your team setup)
Mesmers have a horrible time vs Celest teams.

Wow I just made a Rock/Paper/Scissors list. This is why you think Mesmer is OP – YOU have designed your team to be weak vs them in exchange for beating Celest. Thought you would have noticed that before coming to forums to scream “MESMER OP!!”

I 100% support nerfing Fire+Air though (along with other Rune/Sigil/Amulet changes I’ve posted about).

Honestly that is all I really want. Fire and air nerfed. Mesmer is fine.

But if they don’t nerf fire/air they should nerf mesmer and thief. Not my main choice though

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.