Mesmer needs a massive nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Let’s see… In no particular order…

• Cooldown added in between shatters so they can’t all be used at the same time.
  • Portal given a maximum range.
  • Portal given a cap on how many uses it has.
  • Blurred frenzy evades instead of causes invulnerability and can now be interrupted.
  • Mirror blade bounces reduced (meanwhile precision strike is one shotting bads).
  • Continuum split duration cut in half (during previews/beta it was 3s per clone).
  • Maim the disillusioned torment stacks cut in half (used to be 2 stacks of torment/shatter)
  • Alacrity effectiveness cut in half (33% instead of 66%).
  • Well of Precog absolutely destroyed to the point where it will never be used in any game mode (won’t even bother elaborating). In fact it should get a name change to something like “Well of Protection,” because “Precognition” suggests a powerful effect.
  • Shield block duration cut in half (meanwhile Revenant and Engi can block for days).
  • Deabilitating Dissipation trait removed.
  • Crippling Dissipation trait removed.
  • Veil duration cut in half.
  • Mimic function changed 3 or 4 times.
  • PU duration cut in half.
  • Mantra recharge nerfed.
  • Well damage toned down (meanwhile mesmer has never been the highest DPS class).
  • Quickness effectiveness halved.
  • Quickness now doesn’t work on most actions.
  • Slow now doesn’t work on most actions.
  • Resistance duration from traits reduced.
  • Chaos armor now doesn’t blind.
  • Chaos armor changed to not provide protection on use, but can now be traited to act as it once did without traits.
  • Power mes currently unviable in ranked because of the sheer amount of passives in HoT specs.

Oh but wait…

• Feedback is ground targetable now!

Can confirm, mesmer is OP, please nerf. (This is sarcasm, for the unintelligent.)

The reality is mesmer has been nerfed so many times since release I can’t even make a comprehensive list because at this point I can’t remember all of the changes.

The only time mesmer has ever really been meta was last season when bunker mesmer was God. The only reason you’ve seen mesmers in matches any other time is because there are people like me who are dedicated to the class, and would rather struggle with the nerfs than faceroll the next fotm spec like condi reaper or power scrapper.

Do you honestly believe at this point you’d see mesmers in tournaments if it weren’t for the new no class stacking rule?

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

They got portal, they got blocks and invuls, they got moa…. yes, we would keep on seeing them there.

Worst case for mesmers: they would get put on portal/support duty only, going for map extras all the time.

/edit:
Btw, you forgot to mention the huge buff mesmers got with their elite spec.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The reality is mesmer has been nerfed so many times since release I can’t even make a comprehensive list because at this point I can’t remember all of the changes.

You can make a similar list for every class in the game, and make every class look victimized.

Nerf counts are irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the state of the class in the current meta.

Having said that I don’t think mesmers need a nerf. Moa however is just plain bad design. The entire rest of the game is built around extremely sort duration CC, where a aggressor has to land several successive CCs in order to stunlock. But then we have mesmers wandering around with this one ability that can singlehandedly lockdown a target.

I think both mesmers and the entire rest of the game would be better served if both the cooldown of and the duration of Signet of Humility was reduced significantly.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

You can make a similar list for every class in the game, and make every class look victimized.

Oh you mean like guardian where for a long time it was a running joke how every patch buffed guardians in some way?

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

(edited by Power.2957)

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

wow, calling nerfs to Mesmer when this class’s elite spec got gutted to the ground with alacrity overnerf? Before people complain about certain things not have counterplays, now having “counterplay” is not enough. Do these kittened even played Mesmers long enough to know what it feels like? Being in one meta and immediately get a heavy-handed nerfs right after? If Mesmers so effective, where are all the ESL champion Mesmers on the winning teams?

Very true, but you are using logic in a place that has almost none. That’s why people are asking mesmer to be nerfed while scrappers, reapers, and revs run rampant.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Mesmer ahh why do I eaven bother expanding no Mesmer enjois playing Condi but its only viable option bc we can be easily spied down wile playing power and need staff to survive ahh I can’t be bothered to explained or play Mesmer myself give some love to Mesmer gs

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

You guys (& gals) and this thread are comical. Those calling for nerf: have you ever played mesmer? I have well over 4000 games and it is certainly my best class. However I rarely play it in the current meta and I can win more easily with other classes I am less experienced in. If I see a mesmer on the other team I see that as a plus not something to worry about. There are many class imbalances out there but those constantly crying about mesmer are delusional.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I have played mesmer. It is very strong. If you have trouble winning with it, then you are doing something fundamentally wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

This thread exemplifies the history of Mesmer in GW2:

1. Mesmer is not meta in competitive play
  2. Mesmer has builds that steamroll bad players
  3. Bad players get steamrolled and come to the forums to whine about it
  4. Mesmer gets nerfed again
  5. Mesmer goes from not meta to garbage in competitive play

Here’s to hoping Anet ignores the baddies and doesn’t execute point 4.

Well if you look more at ESL matches… you will see more mesmers than the last week. Next week, you will see some more.

Actually, if you play the RANK game… you probably find 1 mesmer each match from Diamond and up.

Perhaps you missed it, but here again:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Conquest

The first class in META section, is hybrid mesmer. And it’s not because the admin of this website are Necros…

^^pretty much this

i see condi mes in every single match now

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

lol what?

Condichrono in PvP is so underpowered compared to WvW. If you are having trouble, go to WvW and find a good mesmer to duel. After that, will see how easy is to sustain and kill them in PvP with the proper tools, aka condition cleanse.

Oh really? As a warrior main, how many condi cleanse do I have?
Shouts with soldier rune? Then you can’t take endure pain/zerker stance in this meta against power creeps and condi application far exceeds whatever a warrior can cleanse in a given point of time.
Cleansin Ire? Yeah, blind on shatter and go invisible and laugh at the warrior while he performs the burst attack lol.
Berserker stance? Stay invisible for 9 sec and then bomb him with 8 stacks each of confusion, torment, bleed, etc.

You have the cleanse, if don’t use it, is your decision. Can’t cry about conditions when you use zero cleanse. Also, pvp is a team thing, condichrono is almost close to useless in a team fight, if you are putting yourself in a situation with 1v1 against a condi profession when you, yourself takes zero cleanse, well, that’s not a good idea.

However, my advise still stands. I have beat condichrono’s with warrior in WvW, have friends who had as well, and there isn’t something more broken than that regarding conditions. Go check it out then will see PvP isn’t as bad as people cry out to be and very much counter-able.

Did you even read what I wrote? Cleansing once doesn’t stop the condi applier from spamming it again (not to mention mesmers can burst condis from STEALTH). Condi cleanse are usually on high CDs whereas condi applications are not. Add to that, condi cleanse is very limited to certain classes (warrs for eg.)

Yes, I’d love too see a video of your warrior ripping apart a condi mesmer (provided the mesmer isn’t a first timer). Thanks!

I am sorry, but staff attack is so slow and scepter is a joke. They can stack confusion and torment and when that happens, that’s when you cleanse. Most people I’ve seen fighting a condi mesmer dies because uses the cleanse at the wrong time. Besides, reflection is your best friend, mesmer can do almost nothing if their projectiles are being reflected, which gives time to help manage the cool downs.

Anyway, instead of asking to nerf the only thing working at the moment for mesmer, granted in 1v1 situation, how about asking better sustain for warrior as we all know it is lacking?

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

In high lvl, with a good team, mesmer is a huge problem. The utility are so strong! They can litterally change a match.
I love the mesmer design, and i think with the previous nerf the classe is killed but the mesmer will ne never killed. 4 first legendary guys that i have seen run mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, mesmers need a nerf. It just shows how absurdly overpowered good mesmers were before all the nerfs.
Mesmer needs a lot of skill and experience to play good, but then it is easily one of the top 3 classes at the moment.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

All this thread proves is that Anet should delete PvP from the game and ban everybody who has ever played it.

They have somehow managed to create by far the worst community I have ever seen in a online game who actively hate the idea of learning even the basic mechanics of the game let alone the individual classes. All you people do is sit on the forums 24/7 complaining that absolutly everything should be nerfed. You base your opinion on a mix of whatever the last streamer you saw decided they liked playing and what was the last class to kick your kitten in hot join. The Guardians who run around PvE spamming 1 on staff to tag for loot know more about how the game plays then you people.

Your insufferable whining destroys any half interesting skill or trait so everything becomes bland and brain dead which because they refuse to even make tiny skill splits between modes spreads to PVE like kittening cancer so the game mode people actually play can never evolve and has to be as brain dead as you want PvP to be.

I’d tell you go play something more your speed like afking for hats in TF2 but you have already destroyed this game so whats the point.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

in PvP

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

Well if you look more at ESL matches… you will see more mesmers than the last week. Next week, you will see some more.

Actually, if you play the RANK game… you probably find 1 mesmer each match from Diamond and up.

The first class in META section, is hybrid mesmer. And it’s not because the admin of this website are Necros…

i don’t really care enough to debate
but the order is alphabetical from the name of the specialization so good job

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

All this thread proves is that Anet should delete PvP from the game and ban everybody who has ever played it.

They have somehow managed to create by far the worst community I have ever seen in a online game who actively hate the idea of learning even the basic mechanics of the game let alone the individual classes. All you people do is sit on the forums 24/7 complaining that absolutly everything should be nerfed. You base your opinion on a mix of whatever the last streamer you saw decided they liked playing and what was the last class to kick your kitten in hot join. The Guardians who run around PvE spamming 1 on staff to tag for loot know more about how the game plays then you people.

Your insufferable whining destroys any half interesting skill or trait so everything becomes bland and brain dead which because they refuse to even make tiny skill splits between modes spreads to PVE like kittening cancer so the game mode people actually play can never evolve and has to be as brain dead as you want PvP to be.

I’d tell you go play something more your speed like afking for hats in TF2 but you have already destroyed this game so whats the point.

Yeap.. Delete PVP..

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

For the double moa whiners : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqK_R-4slS8

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I called it

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/What-with-those-Condi-Mesmer/first#post5984584

mesmer mains are even worse than scrapper/rev mains, at least the latter ones are not constantly begging for buffs for their class under the excuse of it being weak

Alerie Despins once again calling stuff before it’s popular. Auramancer, now condi mesmer?

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

you whiners never learn to shut up. after they nerf moa or whatever is the next skill a mesmer can perform you’ll always find an excuse to complain about mesmers or whatever other class you hate at the moment alongside mesmers instead of learning to lose with dignity.
some players of some classes should also be ashamed after so many buffs to their classes to still complain just because they are so terrible that even a mesmer can kill them.
this is not hating, pvp whiners are facts you’ll never get rid of those they have endless supply of tears and blind complains. pvp is a place for party cooperation not for 1v1 duels. the focus of pvp is not killing players but capping point, using maps to your advantage and most important to know when to withdraw from a fight instead of just losing 1v3 or 4, the only killing players map was removed from the game, so i don’t know what you are talking about. you guys are ridiculous

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

To the people asking; the reason why mesmer has a long duration CC like moa is because Anet originally intended mesmer to be a utility professionell rather than a damage or tank one. This is evident by the fact that mesmer has aoe stealth, aoe reflects, portal for others, moa morph, time warp, and now alacrity. Mesmers having stronger utility than other classes is a design choice, just like how thief having higher mobility is.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

I have played mesmer. It is very strong. If you have trouble winning with it, then you are doing something fundamentally wrong.

You are one of five players. You can win all your own fights and have the rest of the team lose theirs. Happens all the time.

I don’t think mesmer needs a buff but there are still stronger classes out there. I am always happy to see a mesmer on the other team as that means one less of another class. Same with warrior and thief. They are the three classes I am always happy to see on the other side. If you really don’t feel happy if you see those classes on the opposing team then you are the one doing something “fundamentally wrong”.

(edited by Jak Shadow.2864)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Nerf whatever you want …. I want some freaking indication when I’m about to open a max range portal

Or at least dont allow me to open portal outside max range. This is stupid. I am wasting a big cooldown for some purple SFX that doesn’t even work. The range thing is obviously hacked on overnight by some lazy dev.

Pls fix.

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Nah, you must be mistaken. Clearly chrono is listed first because it’s the meta-est meta that ever meta-d.

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

So here we are again with people complaining about mesmers because they cannot face the fact that they’re being outplayed by a profession that doesn’t do what others do (insane damage while tanking everything).

- Moa is not OP because it has such a long CD, in a real match a mesmer can only drop about 5-8 moas, meaning 50-80s of single target hard CC. Also, Moa can be blocked, evaded, blinded or interrupted. It’s not that hard to survive with it, and even you can do productive things while being moa’ed.
Now think about some other skills that have hard CC in AoE and have ridiculous low CD. Their effect aren’t that big compared to Moa, but as they can be spammed, the overall effect is similar if not greater.

- Portal is not OP because it has a high CD, and to take advantage of it you need real knowledge of map rotation, in which case you’re already outplaying the enemies. It’s simply a tool to allow another playstyle instead of killing everything in a point with an OP build carrying you.

Anyway, if mesmers are still relevant no matter what nerf or meta is because, and only because, average mesmer players are more skilful than what you find in other professions. This higher skill allow the main mesmers to overcome the nerfs, to be more decisive in fights with map rotation and to have a higher general knowledge of team fights and conquest gamemode.

And people arguing for more nerfs for mesmers really need to start thinking they aren’t that good, and probably most of them are being carried by OP builds based on passive procs or that have unbalanced spammable skills with insane damage or CC.
- Mesmer has one of the lowest sustained damage.
- Mesmer burst has been gutted.
- Mesmer sustain is average at most, even with defensive stats and pretty much all defensive skill you can throw in a build.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Rotating defensive skills coupled with stealthing are the only major issues I have with the class and a big part of why they’re my most hated match up. Nothing more frustrating than feeling like your opponent is either blocking, evading, reflecting, invulnerable or invisible 75% of the time you spend fighting them. It might not be the exact case, but that’s definitely how it feels.

Can’t say I think the class deserves any nerfs but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wish they deserved some… They’re still as plentiful and trolly as ever in WvW.

EDIT: Also this just occurred to me; Mesmer is the class that hates to let you do anything, lol. That’s why a lot of people, myself especially, hate to fight them. They don’t like you to attack them with high access to Confusion. They don’t like you to move with easy access to Torment. They don’t like you to range them with high access to reflects. They don’t like you to physically hit them with some strong invulnerability skills. They don’t like you to try to attack them with insta-CC’s and they definitely don’t like you to be anything other than a defenseless Moa. What are you left with? Pray to Grenth they’re bad.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

To people linking chronophantasma shatter being the “metaest” build. That wasn’t the case a week ago when I picked up (unrelated). It actually wasn’t even in the meta category. It was in the “Good” category and corruptionmancer was just below signet chillomancer in the metaest builds. Few days later Helseth released his vid about soloQ carrying. A lot of people jumped on that precise build – chronophantasma shatter (what a silly name)

And thus it is on top of metabattle. Which doesn’t mean anything. In couple of weeks it will be replaced anyway, without any balance patches being made. Just people figuring out how to hard counter it into uselessness

P.S: I just saw they tweaked a bit the power shiro build to be with my runes :U Wonder how long until they replace the shield with the axe :V

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Quoting for those who can’t read: (look at screenshot)

Yeah… the alpha sort is kinda bug, if it’s alpha sort. (D/F Aurashare on the last line after Power Rev???)

But perhaps you mistaken first (be the best) by first being the first line in the list?

Aftter the META section, you got the GREAT section… did you ever use that website before?

Oupps… -10 for Dal that got Trolled up by a random pvp player.

Attachments:

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

Yeah… the alpha sort is kinda bug, if it’s alpha sort. (D/F Aurashare on the last line after Power Rev???)

But perhaps you mistaken first (be the best) by first being the first line in the list?

Aftter the META section, you got the GREAT section… did you ever use that website before?

no i can just recite the alphabet

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

It doesnt matter if that build is condi or power shatter. The ability to 3-shatter twice makes for insane burst dmg, be it condi or power. And that made possible by a weapon that increases defensive skill amount largely..

Let me say this ,the so called shatter twice ability is from F5 skill for chrono.(only if you ignore the fact mes need clone generation for shatter being useful)

and you were saying that made possible by shield .

then you claimed that you played mes .

I can call you PATHETIC?LIAR now.
so shut up in every thread about mes before you actually read the mes skill tooltips .
but read is too hard i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Rotating defensive skills coupled with stealthing are the only major issues I have with the class and a big part of why they’re my most hated match up. Nothing more frustrating than feeling like your opponent is either blocking, evading, reflecting, invulnerable or invisible 75% of the time you spend fighting them. It might not be the exact case, but that’s definitely how it feels.

Can’t say I think the class deserves any nerfs but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wish they deserved some… They’re still as plentiful and trolly as ever in WvW.

EDIT: Also this just occurred to me; Mesmer is the class that hates to let you do anything, lol. That’s why a lot of people, myself especially, hate to fight them. They don’t like you to attack them with high access to Confusion. They don’t like you to move with easy access to Torment. They don’t like you to range them with high access to reflects. They don’t like you to physically hit them with some strong invulnerability skills. They don’t like you to try to attack them with insta-CC’s and they definitely don’t like you to be anything other than a defenseless Moa. What are you left with? Pray to Grenth they’re bad.

THE FAMOUS 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 MES BUILD you were against is op i think . so please nerf human logic and sanity .and dont worry ,you have none of those things in your brain .

guys at least , trying not to sound like an entire noob isnt that hard .
Also wiki is hardy for your complaints http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mesmer
at least you will know little more about mes than whatever in your brain .

wiki cant fix other problem like lying or being pathetic .

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You realize it’s alphabetical by specialization right?
The meta section is in this order
Chronomancer
Herald
Reaper
Scrapper
Tempest

The “great” section is in this order
Daredevil
Dragonhunter
Druid
Druid
Herald
Reaper

Looks alphabetical to me. As does the rest of the sections.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

Its not just moar . Its also insant 12-15 stack of confusion plus torment and other stuff.

Helseth illustrates the OP ness nicely in his twiths streams

That’s because helseth. His build won’t be playable in most ranked plays by regular players. I would say even himself can’t play that in real tournament when he faces players of equal skill.

His build is harder to play than all other meta builds combined. Complaining that build being OP is ridiculous and shows how little ppl understand mesmer.

The Build can be mastered by a 8 year School girl. Its stupid op. Condi burst like the condi warrior build. Just easier to land, and in a build that have portal, teleport, stealth , invul, block , interupts, And more off it agin.

Ofc is it in helseths hands godlike. He knows how to make it rumble.

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

Ohh and double moar. If that matters.

in PvP

Quadox.7834

I’m fine with it as long as you don’t touch base shatter mesmer. That means, no baseline moa cooldown nerfs. No sword nerfs. Etc.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

For once (and probably the only time ever), I agree with you.

in PvP

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Mesmers #1 problem is the double/triple Moa Elite via Mimic and Continuum Split. The issue is it the double/triple part. Moa is already very strong as an Elite with a single use.

It’s actually nigh-impossible to counter via interrupt or evade even with Poly Moa at a 1s cast time since Decoy is part of standard Mesmer make it land chain (if even needed which most times it is not in multi-member head-to-head battles, ie. the initial rush).

It also feels cheesey and is no fun for the receiver of the perma-CC.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Mesmers #1 problem is the double/triple Moa Elite via Mimic and Continuum Split. The issue is it the double/triple part. Moa is already very strong as an Elite with a single use.

It’s actually nigh-impossible to counter via interrupt or evade even with Poly Moa at a 1s cast time since Decoy is part of standard Mesmer make it land chain (if even needed which most times it is not in multi-member head-to-head battles, ie. the initial rush).

Last I checked mimic doesn’t work on elites….

in PvP

Artaz.3819

Last I checked mimic doesn’t work on elites….

oops, yes. I’ve been tripled moa’d in a row in some matches .. wee I’ll run way over there and pretend to lay an egg and squawk, oops I went down, teammates rez, back into moa. Not so fun fun anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

THE FAMOUS 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 MES BUILD you were against is op i think . so please nerf human logic and sanity .and dont worry ,you have none of those things in your brain .

guys at least , trying not to sound like an entire noob isnt that hard .
Also wiki is hardy for your complaints http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mesmer
at least you will know little more about mes than whatever in your brain .

wiki cant fix other problem like lying or being pathetic .

Sorry but I agree with Spell. So it’s two idiots who need to L2P.

in PvP

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

LMAO is this for realz…. lol mes is trash right now and you’re STILL calling for nerfs. I’ve played mes since day one and I finally switched to rev cause I was sick on the hate from anet. Mes currently has ONE “good” build (I came up with another that I find slightly better but not posting to meta) and you want to nerf the one build out of existence too. You do see the collateral dmg all these mes nerfs are causing right? Every time anet nerfs a build…. they remove it (not nerf it) and then they intentionally or not end up nerfing all the previously sub par builds mes had to make them even more obsolete. This consistently leaves mes with one option to play which people always hate…. including mesmers.

Mes does not need nerfs…. they need a re-balance on builds that are now obsolete… do that and I GUARANTEE people stop using moa so much. No mes wants to be a Moa/Portal bot just like No mes wanted to be a bunker…. anet just isnt giving mesmers any choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

About said nerf, it could start with the super speed on the clones that is way more than super speed’s speed. It’s more like 200% movement speed increase. Just look at how fast those are.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

About said nerf, it could start with the super speed on the clones that is way more than super speed’s speed. It’s more like 200% movement speed increase. Just look at how fast those are.

super speed on clones is such a double edged sword for anyone who knows the class…..

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I can see how a double Moa could really dampen your mood, but everything else about the current meta(ish) hybrid Chrono is perfectly manageable if you just take a moment to consider what’s happening whilst fighting them.

Gandara

in PvP

Quadox.7834

No it’s just that for players, movement is capped at 133% iirc, which means superspeed tooltip actually lies and clones are running the correct speed.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

yeah let’s totally ignore the fact that wars have highest HP in game~

All is Vain~

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

Hp has nothing to do with it…

in PvP

Cynz.9437

um yes it does, ele or thief would have died already from all the dmg war took

All is Vain~

in PvP

Artaz.3819

um yes it does, ele or thief would have died already from all the dmg war took

Also (and more importantly) the Warrior used ‘invincible to physical damage’ with Endure Pain on the first Moa and then used ‘invincible to condition damage’ with Berserker’s Stance just before the second Moa to have pulsing Resistance boon – a smarter Mesmer wouldn’t allow that to happen or would have delayed the second Moa. By the way, Warrior Adrenaline healing still works even when in Moa (you’ll notice that no green tick healing happens so it is not Healing Signet but as you can see in the video on the second Moa, the Warriors health actually increases slightly in small ticks while immune to conditions). Not every class has these options nor do they persist after being in Moa in case you haven’t checked.

And by the way, how many Warriors do you see playing in this meta?

However, it’s just become very predictable when 1v1 against a Mesmer. Most half-brained Mesmer’s simply wait on Moa for the last 50% health to burst down. However, in a smaller team fight (2v2 and 3v3s), it’s such a severe advantage to have that it is becoming a braindead spam it cuz I got it up CC option.

Also not talked about, Polymorph Moa still kills Necro minions and other minion types (Engineer’s Gyros), puts them on cooldown and don’t reappear when Moa ends which makes it incredibly powerful in its own right.

in PvP

Posted by: Raawk.7584

Raawk.7584

LoL. Mesmer just got alac nerf. Has had a significant power nerf with mirrorblade reduction since HoT. So after alacrity trait becomes almost useless, and gs is pitifully weak we now use staff sword/whatever and condi’s. Yet, necro’s can easily send all of the condis from a mesmer back to itself and the rest of the mesmer’s team = GG. Ele and ranger can clear and cleave mesmers and their clones very easily. The only favorable matchup is probably Thief because they have little condi clear.

Is this post just a bunch of thieves raging because they are not superior master race? IDK.

There are so many ways to make moa ineffective by preventing it using blocks, aegis, dodging, blind, and obviously watching for the animation which is literally telegraphed and easy to dodge. OH WAIT, you got moa’d? Panic, hit 2 and point in an open direction, then use #5, and dodge, dodge. You are now so far away that you wont die. too hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Snavenhoj.9125

Snavenhoj.9125

kitten …. People are still crying over Mesmer even after the massive nerf they just had? What do you propose they do? Delete the class? lol. This thread is gold..

in PvP

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I am guessing you are one of those guys who, when moa’d, just stands there looking bewildered instead of hitting 5 and dodging.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~