in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nuuuuu i enjoy my reaper

Minor balance tweaks on 23th

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Nah, necro is in a good spot. Maybe needs some more readily available chill application.
And buff druid staff autoattack damage, that’s what druids are spamming anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I think there is something wrong in chill damage/application frequency is a bit over the top honestly.

Ranger bristlebeak is another option.

And Scrapper too is a bit too much all in one.

Well, nothing new, we’ll see.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

And Scrapper too is a bit too much all in one.

My only caveat concerning Scrapper is its uptime of retaliation.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

What i think is quite possible:
Scrapper and ranger pet corrections.
Slight warrior, ele and mesmer buffs but in a kidding low range.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I hope:

• strong scrapper survivability nerf
  • mild revenant shiro nerf (e.g. remove endurance gain on the stunbreak)
  • druid pet nerf and search and rescue range nerf
  • milld mesmer sustained damage buff (AA)
  • partial revert of the thief AA buff and increase of survivability
  • reaper condi damage nerf

I expect:

• more power creep

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I expect:

• more power creep

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

power creep goooood moar pls

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I expect minor power creep like a necro axe buff of +2% at the price of 3 new bugs.

Or another change with amulets, like the removal of Marauder because it’s a bunker amulet (in the hands of engineers).

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

You want to kill rev?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

My hopes:

- Reaper: Chill DMG reduction by 20%.
- Rev: Sword 3 DMG nerf by 20% and Infuse Light healing nerf by 20%.
- Ele: Healing scaling better for low healing power numbers & Scepter AA buff by about 20%.
- Chronomancer: Alacrity from 33% up to 50% recharge reduction.
- Scrapper: Tone down healing numbers by at least 20%.
- Druid: Staff AA DMG buff by 20%, Bristle and SMokescale DMG reduction by 20%.
- The other classes IMHO require more elaborate changes for a “minor balance tweak” patch.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

- Druid: Staff AA DMG buff by 20%, Bristle and SMokescale DMG reduction by 20%

Stop suggesting that garbage. How often are we supposed to tell you that staff dmg exceeds all the other ranger weapons even though dmg is the main purpose of those. Do some testing if you don’t believe it. Staff already beats all ranger melee weapons because their slightly higher dmg is so much harder to connect on melee range. It also has a much more reliable chance to hit dodging thieves or through aegis due to the 3 small pulses per attack. And it straight out beats longbow damage on close and midrange. Max range is literally the only distance where a signle weapon is left (lb) that beats staff.

Stop. Suggesting. That garbage.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

- Druid: Staff AA DMG buff by 20%, Bristle and SMokescale DMG reduction by 20%

Stop suggesting that garbage. How often are we supposed to tell you that staff dmg exceeds all the other ranger weapons even though dmg is the main purpose of those. Do some testing if you don’t believe it. Staff already beats all ranger melee weapons because their slightly higher dmg is so much harder to connect on melee range. It also has a much more reliable chance to hit dodging thieves or through aegis due to the 3 small pulses per attack. And it straight out beats longbow damage on close and midrange. Max range is literally the only distance where a signle weapon is left (lb) that beats staff.

Stop. Suggesting. That garbage.

Sm1 is salty today…. Also, it doesn’t matter one bit if the other weapons of the Ranger do less DMG, since the other weapons are pretty much all crap.

Like many of the older weapons, they simply cannot compete whatsoever in terms of DMG with the new ones like pretty much all weapons from the rev, scrapper hammer, DH LB (it’s still crap, cuz it gets hardcountered too easily) etc.

I’m also for a buff on Ranger Sword AA (just make it a normal atk-chain with 20% more DMG), but I wanted to keep my suggestions short.

So, either deal with my opinion, or be salty about it and keep raging; I really don’t care. ^^’

in PvP

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

I hope:

• strong scrapper survivability nerf
  • druid pet nerf and search and rescue range nerf
  • milld mesmer sustained damage buff (AA)
  • partial revert of the thief AA buff and increase of survivability
  • reaper condi damage nerf

I expect:

• more power creep

thiefs AA buff is a pve change to make the class more vialbe, which i think has worked well, thieves can dish out very good sustained dmg now on mobs while saving their ini for survivability
in pvp or wvw however the patch didn’t change anything, since as a thief you are so squishy that you can’t just sit there autoattacking ^^
i would aggree nerfing the staff tho, well actually !almost! every elite spec weapon haha ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Barnesy.5839

Barnesy.5839

When Anet says ambiguous things about future balance patches, more often than not, the opposite is true.

Examples:
1. “This is just a preview of the upcoming patch, there’s lots more changes”
Truth: The preview is ~99% of the changes.

2. “Elementalist Scepter is getting buffed”
Truth: Scepter is not buffed

3. “We’re nerfing <insert skill/class here> just slightly”
Truth: class/skill gets nerfed hard

I suspect these “minor balance tweaks” will be not be “minor”. I think they will be quite significant.

in PvP

Posted by: Zento.7401

Zento.7401

When Anet says ambiguous things about future balance patches, more often than not, the opposite is true.

Examples:
1. “This is just a preview of the upcoming patch, there’s lots more changes”
Truth: The preview is ~99% of the changes.

2. “Elementalist Scepter is getting buffed”
Truth: Scepter is not buffed

I suspect these “minor balance tweaks” will be not be “minor”. I think they will be quite significant.

Arenanet: we are reworking scepter (mesmer)…………… 5% attack bonus on a gm trait.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

y scrapper got nerfed hard, also revenant!

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Pretty much what everyone else says.

- Reaper’s minor chill damage nerf (this one is sorely needed right now, and it should be significant).
- Partial revert on Thief AA damage buff.
- Some minor nerfs to power Herald.
- Some minor (should be huge) nerfs to Scrapper survivability.
- Ranger’s Bristtleback bug fix. From 20 projectiles to 15.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

My hopes:

Tone down healing number for spec without healing power, but for those who like to heals with healing power, give something more.

Support need to get “clear”. We can’t kill things up, but at least give us the way to support our team mate.

At least, plz don’t nerf healing for all spec, just for DPS one.

Thank you,
Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Falir.4251

Falir.4251

I hope we can get some scepter buffs. Maybe malicious sorcery to 22% if that would not be op.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Personally, I’m gambling on Mesmer/Chronomancer nerfs. Because logic.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

No no no no! All of this is wrong! If they nerf anything with Reaper, Druid or Scrapper, they’ll buff another area of those professions. What they’ll flat out nerf are warriors, mesmers, eles and visual noise.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

lets nerf chill damage so reaper has no GM trait…

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

lets nerf chill damage so reaper has no GM trait…

dang so true

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

You want to kill rev?

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

My hopes:

Tone down healing number for spec without healing power, but for those who like to heals with healing power, give something more.

Support need to get “clear”. We can’t kill things up, but at least give us the way to support our team mate.

At least, plz don’t nerf healing for all spec, just for DPS one.

Thank you,
Dal

Decent scaling would have to start beyond 250 though, since most Scrapper builds get 250 Healing Power by default via traits and very high reg-uptime.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Hoping for.

Overload Recharge to 15 seconds, down from 20.
Hardy Conduit’s protection duration to 5 seconds, up from 3.
Elemental Shielding protection duration to 2 seconds, down from 3.
Obsidian Flesh cooldown to 60 seconds, up from 50.
Swirling Winds duration to 4 seconds, down from 6.
Shocking Aura cooldown to 40 seconds, up from 25.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Hoping for

Warrior : All skills -1 second cool down

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hoping for.

Overload Recharge to 15 seconds, down from 20.
Hardy Conduit’s protection duration to 5 seconds, up from 3.
Elemental Shielding protection duration to 2 seconds, down from 3.
Obsidian Flesh cooldown to 60 seconds, up from 50.
Swirling Winds duration to 4 seconds, down from 6.
Shocking Aura cooldown to 40 seconds, up from 25.

Swap Stab on Overload on Swiftness on Overload

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I expect:

• more power creep

lol couldn’t say better

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Silverkey.2078

You want to kill rev?

Some people act like if rev was in a bad spot. Yes, half of the legends are crap. But that does not change the fact that rev is currently top tier, used by nearly all competitive teams (in AG since that’s the only thing we get, but some pro league players also mentioned that rev was still very strong). And Shiro brings way too much survivability for a legend supposedly about damage and mobility. If nobody uses Jalis, it’s also because Shiro ends up doing a better job.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

#StopThePowerCreep!!
#StopThePowerCreep!!
#StopThePowerCreep!!

Seriously ArenaNet, you have a minor balance update coming but the game needs more than minor tweaks.

Things are completely out of hand

• So many skills and traits are spammed wildly without good repercussion.
  • There is no longer good punishment for failure, skills cast and recharge faster than they ever had before.
  • You can modify your attacks to unreasonable levels, going from applying 1 condition to applying 6-7 different conditions on a single attack.
  • There are so many mechanics that will only proceed to more problems, you got insane condition removal to counter to massive flood of conditions.
  • So many badly aged mechanics. Instead of improving the mechanics of ranger and have the pets support the functions, you instead focused on pet damage.
  • There is way to much CC, CC with big range and ridiculously low cooldowns.

I’m saying this now because everyone is calling it and it deserves it’s own thread.
The coming ‘balance’ patch will only be more power creep.

There is NEVER a point to post any gameplay suggestion on the forum. Heck, I have a 20 page document regarding improvements to combat and I’m not even 10% done. It just shows how bad things are and pointless for any suggestion to them will be.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

You want to kill rev?

Some people act like if rev was in a bad spot. Yes, half of the legends are crap. But that does not change the fact that rev is currently top tier, used by nearly all competitive teams (in AG since that’s the only thing we get, but some pro league players also mentioned that rev was still very strong). And Shiro brings way too much survivability for a legend supposedly about damage and mobility. If nobody uses Jalis, it’s also because Shiro ends up doing a better job.

Nobody uses Jalis bc Jalis is crap. And Shiro mimic thief playstyle. Damage, mobile and evasive playstyle, just like daredevil. He doesnt have any kind of damage reductions, condition cleanse or stealth. By nerfing riposting shadow you might as well delete Shiro from rev. Its healing ability is already a crap with a teleport that doesnt work most of the time.

in PvP

Silverkey.2078

Nobody uses Jalis bc Jalis is crap. And Shiro mimic thief playstyle. Damage, mobile and evasive playstyle, just like daredevil. He doesnt have any kind of damage reductions, condition cleanse or stealth. By nerfing riposting shadow you might as well delete Shiro from rev. Its healing ability is already a crap with a teleport that doesnt work most of the time.

Yes, Jalis is crap, I did say “it’s also because […]”, the other reason is indeed that Jalis is crap.

As for thief playstyle, yes, it does mimic it… and does it better. Sure, you loose stealth, which is huge, but the survivability of revenant is way above thief.

Having a stunbreak with such a low CD is already powerful. There does not need to be an additional free dodge.

Finally, regardless of how Shiro heal “is crap” (which I don’t think it is), you do realize that rev has 2 heals and that each of them heals for nearly as much (in any case clearly more than half) as a normal heal of the same CD?

Finally, in case you haven’t noticed, I suggested a nerf to almost all elite specs. If this ever happens, a survivability nerf of revenant will barely change its relative survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Engineer needs a serious reduction in tankiness. The forums screamed and qq’d about a bunker Mesmer.. yet Scrapper is doing essentially the same thing + stealth and no one has a problem with this?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Yes, Jalis is crap, I did say “it’s also because […]”, the other reason is indeed that Jalis is crap.

As for thief playstyle, yes, it does mimic it… and does it better. Sure, you loose stealth, which is huge, but the survivability of revenant is way above thief.

Having a stunbreak with such a low CD is already powerful. There does not need to be an additional free dodge.

Finally, regardless of how Shiro heal “is crap” (which I don’t think it is), you do realize that rev has 2 heals and that each of them heals for nearly as much (in any case clearly more than half) as a normal heal of the same CD?

Finally, in case you haven’t noticed, I suggested a nerf to almost all elite specs. If this ever happens, a survivability nerf of revenant will barely change its relative survivability.

Rev has better survival than thief bc unlike thief he cant use his mobility that well to gtfo at will. He need staying power for that reason. You also forgetting about that fact that right now rev basically has no access to stunbreaks except for unreliable one in legend swap (if trained in invo..) and glint on 20cd. That is.

Also i knew you will come up with 2nd heal. Compare Shiro+Jalis heal to healing turret, healing signet, WHAO. We have 2 heals sure, balanced to be weaker on it own and give us similiar result to a healing ability off another class. You can mention Glint heal – well it works vs button smasher pretty well, thats about it. Vs decent players enjoy max 3k hp from 30cd skill. Lets also not forget that other classes can bring additional healing to their 6 slot.

Do i have to also mention the fact that we have no way to deal with poison as well decreasing our healing by 33%?

And Shiro heal is not terrible? Please show me another healing ability in game that require you to trade hits with someone on a 0,5s interval for junk healing which also can be reflected and heal your enemy instead. It can also be blinded, blocked, deflected, dodged, outlasted (short timer). Amazing healing ability, indeed.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Engineer needs a serious reduction in tankiness. The forums screamed and qq’d about a bunker Mesmer.. yet Scrapper is doing essentially the same thing + stealth and no one has a problem with this?

we did, all season 1

devs didn’t care~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Silverkey.2078

Rev has better survival than thief bc unlike thief he cant use his mobility that well to gtfo at will. He need staying power for that reason. You also forgetting about that fact that right now rev basically has no access to stunbreaks except for unreliable one in legend swap (if trained in invo..) and glint on 20cd. That is.

Yes, that is why we all complained when they presented the legends and said that all legends should have a stunbreak if they are to be used, especially the defensive one (Jalis, since the elite really does not count). But a stunbreak on 20s CD is considered pretty good and as I said, I want to keep the stunbreak of Shiro, I just think the free dodge is too much seeing as this skill already evades.

And Shiro heal is not terrible? Please show me another healing ability in game that require you to trade hits with someone on a 0,5s interval for junk healing which also can be reflected and heal your enemy instead. It can also be blinded, blocked, deflected, dodged, outlasted (short timer). Amazing healing ability, indeed.

While I was not aware of the fact that it can be reflected to heal our enemy, the rest has nothing bad to it. A few heals need you to attack to get all the benefits. Even the signet of necro, which is actually used, works like this. It has a larger main heal, but the heal on attack is even harder to benefit from because it is ACTUALLY a short timer (6s with max 1 hit per second). 16s to land 6 attacks with 1/2s iCD is not that short. And you forget to mention the potential 5k damage it adds…

Now I don’t intend to argue for too long about this. You can just see that in the past AG, rev and scrapper are the two classes used the most. I suspect tonight’s pro league will be the same. Those are two classes which can play glassy (marauder) or super glassy (berserker/viper) and still sustain 1v2 for a decent time. So anyone pretending rev is in a bad spot is fairly delusional.

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

If you want to remove endurance gain on Shiro you have to compensate him with protection or smth, you know that right? But i bet you have never played core rev to understand how huge that change is nor you dont understand rev well enough to even be in position to suggest it.

Vamp signet has far more than 1,6k hp on initial and it also lets allies hp siphon off target. Do my allies gain daggers when i cast the heal? No. Do i can deal with poison? No. With condi? No. As for damage idc. With the amount of sustain some classes has 5k is nothing. It might as well dont deal any damage and you wont even notice it.

in PvP

Silverkey.2078

If you want to remove endurance gain on Shiro you have to compensate him with protection or smth, you know that right? But i bet you have never played core rev to understand how huge that change is nor you dont understand rev well enough to even be in position to suggest it.

Vamp signet has far more than 1,6k hp on initial and it also lets allies hp siphon off target. Do my allies gain daggers when i cast the heal? No. Do i can deal with poison? No. With condi? No. As for damage idc. With the amount of sustain some classes has 5k is nothing. It might as well dont deal any damage and you wont even notice it.

Rev is so weak… first pro league game: double rev on both sides…

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Relax dude, here is what is going to happen. Here is ArenaNet “balance”

• Deathly Chill will have it’s damage reduced by 50%
  • Signets of Suffering will now convert all boons into conditions, signet recharges will be reduced by 80% and cast instantly.

The answer to a problem is to make an even bigger problem! GG combat team! #NeedsMorePowerCreep

in PvP

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Nerf mesmer. It still has blink and portal.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

“strong scrapper survivability nerf”

I hope so too..

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Rev is so weak… first pro league game: double rev on both sides…

Which doesnt prove anything at all except the fact teams couldnt really adapt.

Next thing im gonna hear is to buff druid, buff scrapper and buff reaper some more right? They are so up, plz buff.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Really the problem I have with reaper is not the condition damage output but the sheer amount of boon corrupts they have.

Having them on weapon skills that have a CD is fine, but having so many on shroud activation & scepter AA is just over the top.

Deathly chill could stand a slight reduction, however that would hurt them quite a bit, perhaps they could up their bleed damage a bit to compensate.

Maybe if those get tuned down they could up some of their group healing abilities.

As for scrapper, they could stand to adjust the numbers on various sources of healing so that they actually need an investment in healing power to be at the level they are now.