Most profitable reward track?

in PvP

Posted by: Ezra.5049

Ezra.5049

Pretty simple question. What reward track should i chose if i want gold?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

personally, i think coe reward track.

dire stuff black lion salvaged from the weapons and armor sells okay when compared against others.

in PvP

Posted by: Prevas.9305

Prevas.9305

coe or maguuma wastes

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Maguma Wastes…

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Maguma Wastes…

How is this more proffitable than any dungeon track? You don’t get anything that can be monetized in a reasonable manner, just tons of obby shards and some clovers and the fossilized insect thing which cannot be sold… From any dungeon track you at least get tokens, 3 weapons and 1 piece of armor which can all be salvaged for chance at inscription/insignia, not to mention ectos and dark matter…

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Any dungeon track. They all have a stat set that sells well: soldier, dire, or rabid are your best bets. I’m now trying to unlock every skin from every dungeon, to have choice and for the sake of finishing collections, which is its own fun.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Maguma Wastes…

How is this more proffitable than any dungeon track? You don’t get anything that can be monetized in a reasonable manner, just tons of obby shards and some clovers and the fossilized insect thing which cannot be sold… From any dungeon track you at least get tokens, 3 weapons and 1 piece of armor which can all be salvaged for chance at inscription/insignia, not to mention ectos and dark matter…

I agree with you, however I seem to get an incredible amount of gold drops in the Magumaa wastes reward track. It’s probably chance, but it makes me wonder…

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Depends, I usd to have tons of BLT kits. Having almost completed Dungeoneer (get every single dungeon skin out there 37*8 skin), i’m almost out of Blt Kits. Most ppl won’t even have as much As i do to begin with (worse luck on daily ap in past, or less dailies done).

BLt kit is good but not on long term. You must (imo) keep at least 3 BLT kits backup to ‘garantee sigil/rune salvage’. For instance, Rune of Aristocracy has it’s value, but only can be salvaged from Caudecus manner armor (also 100 tokens but that’s a bit of waste imo).

Mystic salvage kits also works but the 2g insignias, ecto, dark matter seem to have half the drop rate of BLT kit. On long term this is pretty much the most stable way to get money out. It’s less money bursty, but knowing you’ll need certain sigils/runes in the future, keeping those BLT kit is more important.

About wastes: it has extremely much loot IF you are a PvX player, not if you are pvp only. I get about average 10 dry top keys out of it, wich each yield loot + 1 champ box. Then count the loot boxes/champ box already in the track, and you have the best reward track purely champ bag wise. That being said, it requires combining a little pve, with pvp.

If pve, is off limits for you: Arah dungeon track. Rabid gear for insignia + most dungeon bags of ‘dungeon’ pvp tracks. The last ‘Zhaitan loot box’ has 3 champ bags, where most still only have 2.

Also the higher level dungeons (CoE, HoTW, Arah, etc) have bigger chances for t6 mats, as the mini loot bags, that only give out crafting materials themself, have a chance for t6 mats, not just the bigger containers.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Any dungeon track. They all have a stat set that sells well: soldier, dire, or rabid are your best bets. I’m now trying to unlock every skin from every dungeon, to have choice and for the sake of finishing collections, which is its own fun.

well, all dungeon tracks except cof dungeon track.

cof dungeon track ’s weapons & armor stats cannot be salvaged out.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Depends, I usd to have tons of BLT kits. Having almost completed Dungeoneer (get every single dungeon skin out there 37*8 skin), i’m almost out of Blt Kits. Most ppl won’t even have as much As i do to begin with (worse luck on daily ap in past, or less dailies done).

Yep, I wish someone would have warned me earlier. I’m at three and a half dungeons and I’m all out of BLT kits. The reward is still good with rare kits though.

in PvP

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Maguma Wastes…

I believe it’s for the keys, and the geodes you can use to buy more keys. Silverwastes might be better for champ bags and mats, but Dry Top has more unique drops that can be sold on the TP for a nice profit (especially since people aren’t doing Dry Top as much now that there’s the Silverwastes), and if you’re lucky enough to find a kite or a Ventari Heavy armor recipe in Buried Locked chest, that is a serious payday.

Plus finishing out the Ambrite weapon set gives you the ascended armor piece of your choice. If you go light armor zerk chestpiece, that’s about 80-100g worth of mats you don’t have to farm and/or buy off the TP.

Though if quick payday is what you are looking for, gotta agree on the dungeon tracks. Always pick the stat combo that you can salvage an insignia out of, even if it isn’t Dire or Rabid, you can still sell it for more than 1g.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Magumaa is by far the best reward track. You are wasting big loot boxes by doing any dungeon reward track. You get the weapons/ armor boxes that are only good for throwing in the forge. Why get a stupid bound weapon when you can get actual champ and other loot boxes.

I have done them extensively and Magumaa also has the best drop rates out of the champ boxes etc. People above are saying to do dungeon tracks and use BL salvage kits for money. That’s all fine and dandy if you got the BL kits for free. If you are buying the BL kits you are loosing more money than you are getting back. After you are out of BL kits, the tracks are useless.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

I’ve been doing glorious o.o I heard it’s better chance at ascended pieces. Is that true and how does it compare to these others in terms of money?

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Easily Maguuma. Those keys and the geodes equals good loot. Don’t forget to make them clay pots! Just a tad bit of PvE crafting and finding chests in the desert.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

GhOst.4019

I’ve been doing glorious o.o I heard it’s better chance at ascended pieces. Is that true and how does it compare to these others in terms of money?

If you are looking for ascended, again, do Magumaa. I have done the Magumaa track between 30-40 times and have only 4 times not got an Ascended piece each track (Mostly rings). I haven’t done Glorious that much (maybe 15-20) and have maybe got 3 pieces of Ascended from all of it. It is definitely the track. The drop rates are better and I am guessing has something to do with the loot boxes names being higher drop rates?

Example (but a rarer occurrence). Bought a 3rd account recently (on sale) and within the first hour had 2 rings and a weapon chest from Magumaa track. Obviously it doesn’t happen that often a lot but I can guarantee it would not have happened from a different track. Also, as I said it was a new account = 1% Magic find. Not sure what it is about this track, but it is OP. If you want to venture out of the mists and use the geodes, badges and keys; it will bag you more money. I don’t do that and it is still most profitable track.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

If you are looking for ascended, again, do Magumaa. I have done the Magumaa track between 30-40 times and have only 4 times not got an Ascended piece each track (Mostly rings). I haven’t done Glorious that much (maybe 15-20) and have maybe got 3 pieces of Ascended from all of it. It is definitely the track. The drop rates are better and I am guessing has something to do with the loot boxes names being higher drop rates?

Example (but a rarer occurrence). Bought a 3rd account recently (on sale) and within the first hour had 2 rings and a weapon chest from Magumaa track. Obviously it doesn’t happen that often a lot but I can guarantee it would not have happened from a different track. Also, as I said it was a new account = 1% Magic find. Not sure what it is about this track, but it is OP. If you want to venture out of the mists and use the geodes, badges and keys; it will bag you more money. I don’t do that and it is still most profitable track.

Awesome man, thanks. Yeah I barely leave pvp for any reason so I was a little worried about where the actual profit comes from lol. Just one more thing, do you boost your magic find before you open your boxes? To get all those ascended pieces. If so, how far do you boost it to?

in PvP

GhOst.4019

I don’t boost. Highest MF on my accounts is like 110, lowest 2? I have no problem. Got a ring and an ascended armor last night on my account that has 63%, no boosts.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Magumaa is by far the best reward track. You are wasting big loot boxes by doing any dungeon reward track. You get the weapons/ armor boxes that are only good for throwing in the forge. Why get a stupid bound weapon when you can get actual champ and other loot boxes.

I have done them extensively and Magumaa also has the best drop rates out of the champ boxes etc. People above are saying to do dungeon tracks and use BL salvage kits for money. That’s all fine and dandy if you got the BL kits for free. If you are buying the BL kits you are loosing more money than you are getting back. After you are out of BL kits, the tracks are useless.

You are either a troll or a grossly misinformed player. As was previously explained in this thread, the 3 weapons and 1 piece of armor you get from one dungeon track (except CoF) can be salvaged with the highest tier salvage kit you have for ectos, dark matter and a 60-70% chance at inscription/insignia. BLSK is the best, obviously, buy you get decent results with a mystic kit as well. And you unlock the skins for your wardrobe and collection.

Please:
1. read the thread before posting and
2. stop posting misinformation. Just because you have had luck with drops does not mean everyone will. It’s like saying people should throw rares/exotics into the Mystic Forge because you happened to pull 2 precursors in a row…

Also, this one has really made me giggle:

Why get a stupid bound weapon when you can get actual champ and other loot boxes.

Champ boxes – very loot, much awesome, wow!

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

You get some amount of T6 resourses from chests in Glorious track you can sell later. So you get several gold from 1 track only by resourses. But honestly it depends on your luck whatever track you choose.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

personally i do dungeon tracks for ectos, as my luck with champ bags is so abysmal. my magic find is good, but even when opening them in wvw i just get greens and a few rares.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

GhOst.4019

personally i do dungeon tracks for ectos, as my luck with champ bags is so abysmal. my magic find is good, but even when opening them in wvw i just get greens and a few rares.

That is because WvW is complete luck. Your magic find does not work on bags! The only bags/ chests that MF works on is those from reward tracks or Bandit chests in the Silverwastes! Here is the exact MF definition:

Magic Find is both an account bonus and a character attribute that increases the chance to receive higher-quality loot from slain foes. With a couple exceptions, it does not affect containers (including champion loot bags), chests, or any other source of loot.1 2 The exceptions are:

Containers received from structured PvP reward tracks.
Bandit chests in The Silverwastes [citation needed]

Also, I noticed you said you do it for ectos. My guess is your luck with inscriptions is extremely rare and nothing even close to his stated 60-70% rate. You will get more (in my experience) rares+ from Maguuma than the dungeon. Rares give you ectos too. There are too many dungeon boxes that will not provide even the chance to get rares or higher. You get token boxes (magumma has loot in place), and a chest with only 1 weapon (magumma gives you a few champ bags). The few champ bags will most likely yield at least 2 rares and thus give you more ectos in return. Not to mention the extra bag you get in place of the token boxes.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

That is because WvW is complete luck. Your magic find does not work on bags! The only bags/ chests that MF works on is those from reward tracks or Bandit chests in the Silverwastes! Here is the exact MF definition:

Magic Find is both an account bonus and a character attribute that increases the chance to receive higher-quality loot from slain foes. With a couple exceptions, it does not affect containers (including champion loot bags), chests, or any other source of loot.1 2 The exceptions are:

Containers received from structured PvP reward tracks.
Bandit chests in The Silverwastes [citation needed]

Also, I noticed you said you do it for ectos. My guess is your luck with inscriptions is extremely rare and nothing even close to his stated 60-70% rate. You will get more (in my experience) rares+ from Maguuma than the dungeon. Rares give you ectos too. There are too many dungeon boxes that will not provide even the chance to get rares or higher. You get token boxes (magumma has loot in place), and a chest with only 1 weapon (magumma gives you a few champ bags). The few champ bags will most likely yield at least 2 rares and thus give you more ectos in return. Not to mention the extra bag you get in place of the token boxes.

i meant i open the bags from pvp in wvw. regardless, you can also buy rares with tojens and forge or salvage those also. i get inscriptions from dire stat sets etc most of the time, but have only got three or so exotics from pvp that were not dungeon weapons. i’m not saying my method is mathematically superior, rather that i just have such bad luck i would prefer the ectos from the exotics.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

If you are a PvX player and do not need dungeon skins then magumma track is indeed good.

make clay pots with geodes and sell them
grab keys and crests and go open chests for profit and buy bags for t6 with crests

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I did a quick test on the Maguuma track: I completed one yesterday by sinking in it all the daily track reward potions I’ve been saving since I finished the Dungeoneer title and got all the Glorious armor pieces I wanted.

I opened all containers at ~350 magic find and I got ~15 rares, some 15-20 t6 mats and lots of t5 mats. No exotics or ascended, but I only did one track so it’s not really saying much; will have to do it some more times for more representative results. Considering the geodes and the money that can be made off them, the cash return is pretty good and may indeed be higher than a dungeon track. The zephyrite lockpicks are cool I guess but the chests are annoying to find and their rewards are not exactly stellar – thousands of sw chest farm champ boxes have shown me the value of their loot, and it’s not great unless you are really really lucky.

The end chest is pretty underwhelming since it offers t7 mats, 2 clovers and 8 obby shards (you get more of these during the track). The star of this chest is the choice of fossil for the ambrite weapons, which seems really cool at first since the weapons are very cheap to make once you have the fossil and the reward for the collection is pretty good – 50AP and your choice of one ascended armor chest, not to mention the skins for those who like them. The very very bad part, however, is that each weapon recipe must be bought for either 340 geodes (t6 Dry Top), 400 geodes (t5 Dry Top) or 425 geodes (t4 Dry Top). You get 300 geodes from one full track and some extra from the clickfest that is the insane amount of dust you also get, so you only need to farm a little more, but that means you are not turning those geodes to cash. So it boils down to personal preference, you can either get the geodes cash or the skins and the collection reward.

Regarding the dungeon tracks and the chance for insignia/inscription, here is a good guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1vv3cd/share_all_the_salvage_data/

It’s 1 year old so make of it what you wish, but the numbers seem still correct to me. At least it offers a list of the armors/weapons that can actually give insignia/inscription, so no mistakes are made. If you want Dungeoneer or some of the dungeon collections, this is by far the fastest way to finish them (even though it helps a lot to augment it by running the dungeon daily as well); however, be prepared for bad end rewards for each collection (1 random exotic, some rares and the ascended trinket) and especially for the Dungeoneer collection – you get a champ loot weapon, but you don’t get to choose, it’s random; you can either get one of the sweet karka bows or Arc (I got Mecha Anchor, yaaaay :|).