Necro players the least skilled on average?

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

So many trash necros in ranked. Necros are a teamfight class that need ele/et cetera support, but every game you have kitten necros that go mid solo, die and complain about their team or something. I’d honestly have 2 theives on my team every game than have these scrub necros.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

What tier are you in that any players run into mid solo? That’s the kitten hotjoin players do.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

You probably dont realise how many trash players there are couse most are playing forgiving low risk high reward builds. Necro isnt one so if someone is bad and plays necro it’s highly noticable.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

No its just necro is more obvious as they are the focus of the enemy team. Sometimes when a necro dies it is because they suck. More often it is because:
1, Their teammates are missing all their skills to pressure the people chasing the necro
2, The ele spams all their heal on a necro in death shroud
3, The support classes chase their low target who has more sustain than the necro whilst the entire enemy team chases the necro. Who dies first? The enemy engi with 1000 sustain or your necro with 0?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Its pretty harsh to accept that you cant 1v1. Anything.

Im in legend now and have caught up to the meta, but i always wanted in my mind something that can just reliably stomp poeple
Like an extra transfer, or stunbreak, or whatever…but it never works.

So now i just instanly run or go yolo into 4 poeple and my ele just somehow keeps me alive or i get rezzed 3 times then after 5minutes “the squishies” run out of invulns.

It hasnt always been the case, necro used to at least not have hardcounters so i guess the majority hasnt adapted yet.
Being a yin-yang with ele, and even there some eles try to hold 1v1s with a support role -.-

p.s.
aaand what others said, you can and do “randomly die” with necro. Always keep the bad guys away from him and have trigger finger on rezz

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Necros are a teamfight class that need ele/et cetera support,

Metabattle’s power necro is actually a better 1v1 build than it is a teamfight build since axe is a mediocre teamfight weapon.

Condi Necro however should avoid all 1v1s and stick to it’s support.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Metabattle’s power necro is actually a better 1v1 build than it is a teamfight build since axe is a mediocre teamfight weapon.

“mediocre team fight weapon” , “better 1v1”, sorry these statements are triggering me and it doesn’t sound like you understand necromancers role. Necromancer is basically the anti bunker right now. You have very few meta-matchups that you should win against on paper 1v1, with an advantageous matchup arguably only being 1v1 engi or ele (vs ele should almost never happen because that is a poor use of those professions on both teams). Axe is good focus target damage and burst life force generation. It is not a 1v1 build.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

No its just necro is more obvious as they are the focus of the enemy team. Sometimes when a necro dies it is because they suck. More often it is because:
1, Their teammates are missing all their skills to pressure the people chasing the necro
2, The ele spams all their heal on a necro in death shroud
3, The support classes chase their low target who has more sustain than the necro whilst the entire enemy team chases the necro. Who dies first? The enemy engi with 1000 sustain or your necro with 0?

You took that bait hard LOL

IMHO rangers are the worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Divine.3279

Divine.3279

As a person that has mained Necromancer in PvP since launch, I won’t deny that Necromancer is in a awkward spot when it comes to solo que. As most Necromancers do die A LOT because we are very squishy.

But this does not account for all Necromancers. I’m currently in Legend on Europe and I’ve solo qued all the way up there as a Necromancer. Yes ,you will get focused, but with the combinations of some excellent kiting and Rise, you can mitigate some damage coming onto you as a Necromancer. Also, the meta build for Necromancer right now which is the Power build can do fairly decent in 1v1’s (although you shouldn’t really take a 1v1 as a Necromancer unless it’s an Engineer) and it can do a ton of damage in teamfights. Don’t mistake Necromancer for being useless, as if a good one is on your team, even without a support they are a force to be threatened with as they can always almost guarantee a kill if they go into Reaper’s Shroud during a teamfight.

Just a Necromancer
Nothing that Special
Necromancer Guide for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’d be more inclined to say Necros are the most skilled, or at least requires the most skill.

A Necro is a team DPS with no escapes unless they take 2 useless utility skills, no sustain and relies on competent team mates to be effective especially if the other team has already targeted the Nec.

I’ve pushed out a lot of Nec games and one thing I can say is: You either wipe the other team freely all game or you’re getting your kitten chased all over point all game while you drop what ever chill/soft cc you can manage to kite while your team bashes on a Guardians Shield Of Courage.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

why are people saying necro has no sustain? isn’t that what the 2nd health bar is? granted you have to land certain attacks to fill it up, but still.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

why are people saying necro has no sustain? isn’t that what the 2nd health bar is? granted you have to land certain attacks to fill it up, but still.

As far as sustain skills go, it’s probably the hardest to utilize well. Outside reaper’s stability skill, there is little stopping others from locking you down (no good condi clear in ds) and putting you back to square one.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

“mediocre team fight weapon” , “better 1v1”, sorry these statements are triggering me and it doesn’t sound like you understand necromancers role. Necromancer is basically the anti bunker right now. You have very few meta-matchups that you should win against on paper 1v1, with an advantageous matchup arguably only being 1v1 engi or ele (vs ele should almost never happen because that is a poor use of those professions on both teams). Axe is good focus target damage and burst life force generation. It is not a 1v1 build.

Power necro a better 1v1 by necro standards of 1v1. (which is low)

Condi necro a better anti-bunker than power. The only reason power necro is even on metabattle is because power necro can get high LF gain without sacrificing dps, while condi necro has to gut it’s own dps to achieve similar survivability.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Necro is the hardest class to play in solo queue. You should be wondering what you are doing to make there life easier as they are the first class targeted 99% of the time and have almost zero defense especially at the start of matches. Necro can make a huge difference on the outcome of a match if given some time to do there thing. Personally I find support/tanky builds are played by the worst players in general. Support Druids and support eles played by bad players are the absoulte worst because of low damage coupled with not knowing how to support in any meaningful way. DH also draws a lot of mouthbreather bads because of how easy it is to play.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

DH is worse. I get those people that camp close while there’s noone there. Everywhere on the map are skirmishes but the loyal DH keeps sitting at home like a goose on a golden egg. In the end he ends up 1 vs 5 making the golden egg an omelet pretty fast.

Bad players are 1 thing, but I get eles splitting for the gate in foefire while there’s teamfights on mid. Necro’s pushing far. Thieves decapping (and doing ONLY that), warriors running all over the map and trying to solo lord. Support classes sitting on treb autistically bombing mid while there’s noone there. LOL GUILD WORZ

Necro is ofter as bad as his team. And when you put a bad necro in a bad team, well you get it. Hey guys lineback your necro when he’s not in shroud because hes vulnerable there and everyone wants to eat him before he enters shroud again. Owait, the necro is alone on mid because his team made this epic 3/1 split to close at start and the ele is on the treb.

(edited by Siren.2843)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Necro is the hardest class to play in solo queue. You should be wondering what you are doing to make there life easier as they are the first class targeted 99% of the time and have almost zero defense especially at the start of matches. Necro can make a huge difference on the outcome of a match if given some time to do there thing. Personally I find support/tanky builds are played by the worst players in general. Support Druids and support eles played by bad players are the absoulte worst because of low damage coupled with not knowing how to support in any meaningful way. DH also draws a lot of mouthbreather bads because of how easy it is to play.

Necro hardest class?…you have to be kittening kidding me…

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

All I see are necros who are are about to get owned go into I win reaper mode pretty much when your skills and dodges have been wasted on their double HP health.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Buffer != sustain.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Buffer != sustain.

He was being sarcastic.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

He was being sarcastic.

I can’t tell anymore these days. :/

YouTube