in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Sure lets get rid of Chill of Death

Even though this trait is equally as cancerous
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Electric_Discharge

Everyone argues about passive things yet half the game is instant cast/passive

Time for a new game

The difference is the ele has to actually attune to air, he has to do something. Hell, half of the necros don’t even know when their trait procs. Also the difference in damage and utility.

I never said I want it to get removed, I asked for adding an animation. As I wouldn’t mind if Electric Discharge had a tell.

Your justification is you have to attune to air? I am sure you know about fresh air renewing that cooldown every 5 seconds on a crit – with zerk ammy you are always critting

So a every 5 seconds I get hit by a lightning strike with no tell/animation and I do not need to be under 50% HP

Wanna switch traits?

You are barking up the wrong tree – Fresh Air ele is equally as stupid as power necro which is equally as stupid as pressing #2 with my LB ranger which is equally as stupid as ……..

See where we are going here?

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No, you said that it needed to be “toned down a bit.” That is not “needing a tell.”

Most Necros, at least, watch their health for the Last Gasp trait. The fact it’s also good for things like Chill of Death is a bonus.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Sure lets get rid of Chill of Death

Even though this trait is equally as cancerous
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Electric_Discharge

Time for a new game

The difference is the ele has to actually attune to air, he has to do something. Hell, half of the necros don’t even know when their trait procs. Also the difference in damage and utility.

I never said I want it to get removed, I asked for adding an animation. As I wouldn’t mind if Electric Discharge had a tell.

Your justification is you have to attune to air? I am sure you know about fresh air renewing that cooldown every 5 seconds on a crit – with zerk ammy you are always critting

So a every 5 seconds I get hit by a lightning strike with no tell/animation and I do not need to be under 50% HP

Wanna switch traits?

You are barking up the wrong tree – Fresh Air ele is equally as stupid as power necro which is equally as stupid as pressing #2 with my LB ranger which is equally as stupid as ……..

See where we are going here?

Lol. Yea, having something that procs every 20 seconds while you don’t have to do anything is completely the same as having to go to air and make your play around every 5 seconds. Also, it only hits around 1-2K, seeing as ele has no AA that would hit 7K when might is stacked, I don’t really think you can compare this.

With zerker amulet and 30 in air you still have only around 55% crit chance, that’s hardly always critting.

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with you saying fresh air is as easy to play as power necro. I’ve played both (power necro only for a bit because it’s kitten boring AA play) and you can just faceroll everything, tank damage cause DS will protect you there, easily 2v1’s and it doesn’t require any special set up. On fresh air you way squishier, you need a set up to land your skills, for example you almost never land Dragon’s Tooth because that skill is just stupid, landing Phoenix takes some patience and knowing where your opponet will move and it’s easy to dodge. Then you’re left with fresh air and trying to do some damage with the not that hard hitting Electric Discharge every 5 seconds. Heck, even the sigil does more. I do wish zerker ele would be viable without fresh air but it’s really not.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

No, you said that it needed to be “toned down a bit.” That is not “needing a tell.”

Most Necros, at least, watch their health for the Last Gasp trait. The fact it’s also good for things like Chill of Death is a bonus.

Yes and then I stated I wanted an animation to be added. Either leave it like it is but lower damage OR add an animation.

No, most GOOD necros do. Have you seen all the power necros running around? 80% of them will go full ham into reflects.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with you saying fresh air is as easy to play as power necro. I’ve played both (power necro only for a bit because it’s kitten boring AA play) and you can just faceroll everything, tank damage cause DS will protect you there, easily 2v1’s and it doesn’t require any special set up. On fresh air you way squishier, you need a set up to land your skills, for example you almost never land Dragon’s Tooth because that skill is just stupid, landing Phoenix takes some patience and knowing where your opponet will move and it’s easy to dodge. Then you’re left with fresh air and trying to do some damage with the not that hard hitting Electric Discharge every 5 seconds. Heck, even the sigil does more. I do wish zerker ele would be viable without fresh air but it’s really not.

Everything you just stated about playing power necro is untrue. If that was your experience, you were playing against very bottom tier players.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I wanted to make a snarky comment, but I will stay out of this…

Attachments:

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Everything you just stated about playing power necro is untrue. If that was your experience, you were playing against very bottom tier players.

I never stated those players are good but it’s still a fact. You can tank damage in deathsroud and not die in one hit, fact. It’s easier to 1v2 players on power necro than fresh air, fact.

But you’re right, the only good player I was fighting against when he was on power necro was Leeto. You act like there are many decent power necro players, when mostly you just see people wanting some easy build. Even Nos stated he plays power when he doesn’t want to focus.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Basically this.

It’s either instant or really slow casting,few in the middle.

Yep, lets just delete all fire, air, even strength sigils. Delete all of the runes with “chance when struck” bonuses (including pack and strength runes). Delete all of the traits with threshold and critical hit proc reqs. Oh kitten this means even the Fresh Air trait itself is gone too since it’s on-crit and passive with no button pressing.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

I never stated those players are good but it’s still a fact. You can tank damage in deathsroud and not die in one hit, fact. It’s easier to 1v2 players on power necro than fresh air, fact.

But you’re right, the only good player I was fighting against when he was on power necro was Leeto. You act like there are many decent power necro players, when mostly you just see people wanting some easy build. Even Nos stated he plays power when he doesn’t want to focus.

Maybe that’s why Nos dies too much when playing it. Should focus more on what he is doing.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Maybe that’s why Nos dies too much when playing it. Should focus more on what he is doing.

Lol. Judging from what?

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

kitten stuff

It is completely your opinion that necros are easier to 1vs2 on, you could show some evidence, but I could show evidence saying fresh air ele is far easier to 1vs2 on as well. I personally think 1vs2ing on a necro in pvp is extremely difficult against anyone half competent. Furthermore, ele is the king of passive defense and instant and your complaining about the one of the few uncounterable things necros have. Fresh air can’t be countered, elemental attunement can’t be countered, your vigor on crit can’t be countered, and your instant and 1/4 second cast weapons skills can’t be countered either. Meanwhile, necros have one instant proc that is extremely predictable, doom, and reaper’s protection that are all uncounterable, but extremely predictable. It’s absurd to me that you can complain about chill of death when guardians, eles, and mesmers have literal instant burst damage and your class has some of the most passive defense in the game behind warrior and guard.

You then give anecdotal evidence saying most necros are bad players. If their so bad, and you win all the time then you shouldn’t be complaining about anything on the class. Also, consider your own superiority complex, if your beating a class so easily maybe it isn’t because the players are bad (statistics tell us that average skill level across all the classes is the same for large sample sizes like a video game), but because the class is underpowered.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Basically this.

Yep, lets just delete all fire, air, even strength sigils. Delete all of the runes with “chance when struck” bonuses (including pack and strength runes). Delete all of the traits with threshold and critical hit proc reqs. Oh kitten this means even the Fresh Air trait itself is gone too since it’s on-crit and passive with no button pressing.

Crit is passive stat that is not getting removed so… There just needs to be more in the middle rather than extremities.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

kitten stuff

It is completely your opinion that necros are easier to 1vs2 on, you could show some evidence, but I could show evidence saying fresh air ele is far easier to 1vs2 on as well. I personally think 1vs2ing on a necro in pvp is extremely difficult against anyone half competent. Furthermore, ele is the king of passive defense and instant and your complaining about the one of the few uncounterable things necros have. Fresh air can’t be countered, elemental attunement can’t be countered, your vigor on crit can’t be countered, and your instant and 1/4 second cast weapons skills can’t be countered either. Meanwhile, necros have one instant proc that is extremely predictable, doom, and reaper’s protection that are all uncounterable, but extremely predictable. It’s absurd to me that you can complain about chill of death when guardians, eles, and mesmers have literal instant burst damage and your class has some of the most passive defense in the game behind warrior and guard.

You then give anecdotal evidence saying most necros are bad players. If their so bad, and you win all the time then you shouldn’t be complaining about anything on the class. Also, consider your own superiority complex, if your beating a class so easily maybe it isn’t because the players are bad (statistics tell us that average skill level across all the classes is the same for large sample sizes like a video game), but because the class is underpowered.

Lol, show me the passive defense. Show me how I can get some protection from a proc. Most people don’t realize the ele has to rotate attunements properly to have the defense.

Sadly, I can’t give you any evidence. But it’s what I’ve experienced and it’s my opinion. Don’t agree with it? Ok, you don’t have to. But that doesn’t mean it’s ok to have stuff like CoD in the game without any tell. I also suggested to put a tell on Eletric Discharge, I don’t mind. You’re mixing two things, though. Completely passive stuff and instant skills that has to be actively pressed. Instant cast skills are only 2 + 3 in air, fire 5 (not really that great), and earth 4+5. Only three of those skills actually deal direct damage. 1/4 cast time skills: Phoenix (Yeah, so op if you don’t use it with LF…count the time it travels, too.) and Dust devil (It’s finally useful, great.). So out of 20 weapon skills it’s 5 skills with direct damage that are instant or 1/4 cast time. That’s exactly 25% of skills.

You’re saying elemental attunement can’t be countered? That’s exactly the reason why CoD hit’s so hard. Necros can corrupt, thieves can steal, mesmers can strip. Same goes for vigor.

The only thing that can’t be directly countered is fresh air, but you still have to do something, not wait for 50% hp.

And yeah, it’s pretty much clear that necros are a bit more tankier than thieves/eles in the regard of how much damage they can take. Yes, they don’t have damage negating skills or vigor but they have DS that can be pretty much forgiving thanks to Vital presence.

Mesmer instant burst? Okay.

I can have no issues when fighting something and still not like some things and have opinion about it. I don’t have any superiority comples, I’m just stating the facts. If a necro is good, he would never ever Life Blast or Dealthy Claws into my reflect, fear when I have stab…etc. Good players do not do that, ofc it can happen sometimes but when you see the people do it over and over, I’m sorry I don’t consider them good players. And yeah, pretty much 80% of the necros I’ve met do it.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Actually, with the Stability change that rolled out, sometimes Fearing into Stability isn’t a mistake.

Not very often (and probably in only about 1% of cases you have seen), but on occasion.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

The OP is a person that doesn’t have a deep knowledge about the state of the necromancers, in my view.
The presented arguments showcase a lack of understanding and on average, the exact opposite happens in situations OP described.

I do not agree.

Leman

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The only passive thing is Renewing Stamina, you’re saying that ele should just camp one attunement in case he’ll get hit by a trait without any ways to avoid it. No, rest of the boons are gained by actively switching your attunements. It’s how the class works but your suggestion is not to play the class how it works but how one passive trait forces me. But hey this necro just did 4K damage without any skill or good game play and that’s fine.

Also, if someone is playing a mesmer, should they not shatter in case of getting hit by passive proc?

You can’t really compare passive damage procs and boons.

There is such a thing as letting boons fall off. You don’t need to hold back for long, just to let the proc be wasted. D/D builds don’t seem to have an issue with Chill of Death, interestingly (sure it hurts, but it’s not killing them), so this clearly isn’t a profession-wide problem.

Since you commented that you usually play Fresh Air ele, I counter with this: Why, when you are playing what is literally the squishiest build in the entire game, are you complaining about anything doing a large portion of your health in one hit?

Nope. Thieves can do that very well. I don’t complain because even though Steal is instant damage, you can at least predict the gameplay of the thief, he has to actively press his skills to do damage. People seem to missunderstood. I chose to play this spec, I like it. I know it’s very squishy and I’m gonna get hit hard BUT I do not like that I take this much damage from something that is just a trait wich requires no skilled play really.

To others: It’s not really hard to get a fresh air ele to 50% hp. It’s probably the easiest thing you can do in the game. Obsidian flesh 50 sec cd, Chill of Death 20.

Defend this passive kitten as much as you want, it’s still not ok.

You can predict when a thief is going to insta steal you better than a necro CoD? You are joking right? When you hit 50%, BAM necro CoD….That is VERY predictable lol. You can’t tell me you KNOW when a thief is going to steal and kitten you. Yes it is passive, but it is also VERY predictable. You hit 50%, it procs. Know the CD and then it will proc again if you are still below 50%….not hard.

You completely missed the whole point. The thief HAS TO PRESS HIS STEAL. The necro doesn’t. And yeah, the proc can come so fast you won’t even notice dropping to 50% hp. I don’t know, I usually watch my oponents, not constantly watch my hp if it already hit 50% or not, but I guess I should.

It’s a good idea to watch your health as well. Good to know when to GTFO, heal, or a lot of other things.

Heck, even a good idea to watch it for traits like Close to Death and Executioner, as that 20% damage boost can end you a lot faster than you thought.

I do agree with that, of course everyone does that. But do you honestly wait for the moment when you reach 50% of your hp? I don’t even know what’s the exact number. Do you know the number when you reach 50% of your hp?

I don’t know why people think that adding an animation to this trait is such a horrible idea. It would only improve the game play and the necro would have to try a bit harder, the spec is really easy to play already.

The Power Necro needs to have to try harder eh? The spec is just to easy to play eh? People will complain about just about anything these days. Necro in bad shape yet still we hear “NERF NECRO!!!!!!” Astounding. I only pray that Necro becomes a legitimately strong class one day. Then we can enjoy some time in the meta and call for nerfs on the remaining under-performing classes.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

The only passive thing is Renewing Stamina, you’re saying that ele should just camp one attunement in case he’ll get hit by a trait without any ways to avoid it. No, rest of the boons are gained by actively switching your attunements. It’s how the class works but your suggestion is not to play the class how it works but how one passive trait forces me. But hey this necro just did 4K damage without any skill or good game play and that’s fine.

Also, if someone is playing a mesmer, should they not shatter in case of getting hit by passive proc?

You can’t really compare passive damage procs and boons.

There is such a thing as letting boons fall off. You don’t need to hold back for long, just to let the proc be wasted. D/D builds don’t seem to have an issue with Chill of Death, interestingly (sure it hurts, but it’s not killing them), so this clearly isn’t a profession-wide problem.

Since you commented that you usually play Fresh Air ele, I counter with this: Why, when you are playing what is literally the squishiest build in the entire game, are you complaining about anything doing a large portion of your health in one hit?

Nope. Thieves can do that very well. I don’t complain because even though Steal is instant damage, you can at least predict the gameplay of the thief, he has to actively press his skills to do damage. People seem to missunderstood. I chose to play this spec, I like it. I know it’s very squishy and I’m gonna get hit hard BUT I do not like that I take this much damage from something that is just a trait wich requires no skilled play really.

To others: It’s not really hard to get a fresh air ele to 50% hp. It’s probably the easiest thing you can do in the game. Obsidian flesh 50 sec cd, Chill of Death 20.

Defend this passive kitten as much as you want, it’s still not ok.

You can predict when a thief is going to insta steal you better than a necro CoD? You are joking right? When you hit 50%, BAM necro CoD….That is VERY predictable lol. You can’t tell me you KNOW when a thief is going to steal and kitten you. Yes it is passive, but it is also VERY predictable. You hit 50%, it procs. Know the CD and then it will proc again if you are still below 50%….not hard.

You completely missed the whole point. The thief HAS TO PRESS HIS STEAL. The necro doesn’t. And yeah, the proc can come so fast you won’t even notice dropping to 50% hp. I don’t know, I usually watch my oponents, not constantly watch my hp if it already hit 50% or not, but I guess I should.

It’s a good idea to watch your health as well. Good to know when to GTFO, heal, or a lot of other things.

Heck, even a good idea to watch it for traits like Close to Death and Executioner, as that 20% damage boost can end you a lot faster than you thought.

I do agree with that, of course everyone does that. But do you honestly wait for the moment when you reach 50% of your hp? I don’t even know what’s the exact number. Do you know the number when you reach 50% of your hp?

I don’t know why people think that adding an animation to this trait is such a horrible idea. It would only improve the game play and the necro would have to try a bit harder, the spec is really easy to play already.

The Power Necro needs to have to try harder eh? The spec is just to easy to play eh? People will complain about just about anything these days. Necro in bad shape yet still we hear “NERF NECRO!!!!!!” Astounding. I only pray that Necro becomes a legitimately strong class one day. Then we can enjoy some time in the meta and call for nerfs on the remaining under-performing classes.

No one said anything about nerfing, but adding an animation. Yes, power necro is one of the easiest dps spec to play in my opinion. Terromancer on the other hand is something completely different and deserves some buffs.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

It’s just sad i can’t play power necro at high tier to succeed. I got bored of being useless for my solo team. rank 40 the best i got. after that facing enemy teams that CC me and instant send me back to start point and this going on till the match ends. I’m not able to use my melee weapon. i would die even faster then i do now. I’m not able to do damage when facing good teams. All i can do is trying to run away from high mobility classes zerg because i getting very hard CC lock and dps or when i downed respawn and run back. Thats all i can do with that class which is not fun anymore :/ And peoples like the OP want a class nerf . i will learn one of the meta classes now.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

snip for length

I consider most ele defensive traits to be passive, if you don’t have to change your play style to get an additional effect, that is passive to me. You can argue that they have better effect if played smartly, but meta ele builds get extra benefits without doing anything extra, and that fits well within my definition of passive. Also, realize most people on the forums know the classes pretty well, so when you say “most people don’t realize,” your dead wrong. You should probably consider not everyone thinks just like you before you speak about others thoughts.

I was responding that that was your opinion because you stated that it was fact. Now your saying it was your opinion, so your contradicting yourself. Elemental attunement cannot be countered. There is nothing I can do to prevent you from applying those boons to yourself, I can remove them afterwards, but that isn’t countering the application. This is also why conditions are weak, you can prevent the application, not just remove it later on.

The rest of your post kind of meanders on, but you really only make the point that you hate COD because it has no counterplay. That’s hilarious because you play the build that relies on having no counterplay to the damage. Air 2 and 3 plus fresh air all have no counterplay and deal more dps than COD by a mile? Surely you don’t think that because you have to press one button those are any better than COD. COD requires that I have to get my enemy to half health, imo that is way harder to do than pressing a few buttons while also requiring an action. Both have no real counterplay, so both should get nerfed if anything.

Mesmers do have instant burst, shatters are instant. Fortunately, you can tell when they are coming more easily because of visual tells (clones are alive and running towards you if they were out of range), but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s instant burst.

Also, most of the stuff you state are opinions, not facts. It’s my opinion that thieves and eles can take way more damage over the course of a fight than necros because of healing and disengages. I don’t state that as fact because another person, you in this case, can say that necros have more health so they can eat a bigger burst (although eles and thieves can mitigate that same burst more effectively with dodges and invulns).

Anecdotal evidence saying 80% of all necros are noobs, and you don’t think you have an ego, or a superiority complex. That’s funny, have a good day.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

The only things wrong with necro:

Life force causes the class to be way too snowbally and makes many individual engagements predetermined.
A lot of long cast times that still lack distinct animations (hello marks)
Extremely strong passive procs on long cooldowns making them unpredictable.
Lich is just silly
Signet of spite is way too strong when it lands, and long cool down makes it too much of a liability when it misses.

Overall the class is in a solid spot balance wise, just a few things that I am not fond of about them.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

snip for length

Snip.

You might have issues understanding what was said.

The difference between passive and active is pretty clear. Necro will get protection proc without pressing any skill by just having his opponent doing damage to him > passive defense. Ele will get protection by switching to earth by actively pressing his attunement > active. So why exactly would such an ele switch to earth? Mostly for Magnetic Wave and Obsidian Flash, protection, blind. All those things helps with survability, threfore the ele has to play that way if he wants to get his defense. Why would an ele switch to water? Yes, to get some heals. It’s not really such a hard concept to understand. Will that ele get protection without pressing one single button? No.

Ele meta build doesn’t include fresh air.

‘Most people don’t realize’…Never once stated I meant people on forums. I meant people generally claiming how ele gets passive defense without doing anything.

Yes, for me it is a fact. I’ve played both and 1v2ing people on power necro was easier. It’s a an opinion based on a fact. But surely you can play with words.

We can play around this and I can say that CoD has no counterplay because the skill will aways go off when I’m on 50% hp and even though I can dodge it, I can’t prevent you casting the skill because I can’t interrupt it. Same kitten as you saying boons don’t have counterplay.

Air 3 is a blind, it doesn’t do damage, please learn something about the spec before you make assumptions. Air 2 and air attunement combined without any might stacks will crit around 4,5K on light class which is basically the same amount of damage CoD does to fresh air eles, it also chills and removes boons. So you saying it hits harder by a mile is completely invalid.

Getting someone to 50% hp is not really that hard, come on. You can just hit me with one Life Blast and there you go, you made it.

I didn’t ask for a nerf, I asked for an animation. I said ‘should be toned down’ IF it stays as it is with no tell.

Yeah, activating shatters is instant, it doesn’t mean the damage is instant too, though. That’s the important part. Mesmer has to rely on his clones to be positioned well to be able to deal close to instant damage if we don’t count the one shatter he will get of Illusionary Persona.

Actually, no that’s a fact. I stated that necro can eat a full burst and still not get one shot. That of course depends on how much life force he has. Let’s say he eats 15K damage burst when on full DS, he will still have some HP left unlike thieves or eles who would be pretty much dead. But that thief or ele has to actively play to negate the damage, therefore dodge, use invulns etc. From that I base MY OPINION that power necro is forgiving and supports damage negating by having large health pool which in MY OPINION doesn’t require as much skill as for example a good thief knowing when to get out.

Again, you can’t understand what was written there. In my whole game time I’ve met a certain number of power necros. Out of this number 80% of those necros were doing things I didn’t consider being a skillful play therefore I don’t consider them being good players. Killing yourself because you don’t care about reflect is one of them. I’m sure you have some ways how to divide good and bad players, this is mine. What’s your problem? And I never once called them noobs, I just said I don’t think they’re good players. I’m sorry but I have the right to do so. It’s exactly the same thing when someone says most power rangers are not good players, he has his reasons to think that and he will.

But hey at least I don’t need to insult others in order to make my point.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Also, how do you propose Anet make an animation for CoD proc. It’s based off the enemy’s health at the time the attack hits the target. It isn’t pre-determined before the attack is made. There is just no way to implement this without somehow nerfing the trait by changing the way it functions. Tells on automatic procs are great, but this will never work with on hit or on crit procs. And automatic procs are not going anywhere, and every class possesses them. You seem to think power necro is an easy class to play, yet you have no trouble beating them so looks like it must not be so easy to play one effectively. On the other hand if you are having trouble beating them, I can guarantee it is not the CoD proc winning the fights for them, it would be your lack of skill.

Lastly, it’s just annoying to see any Ele/Engi/War/Guard/Thief say anything demeaning about us lowly Necro/Mesmer/Rangers. Look at your own class before coming here telling us that ANYTHING on our classes need to be toned down.

Gate of Madness

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

OP you have no idea what you’re talking about. I have no idea how you even came to the conclusion that these nerfs are warranted. This class, in the very least, needs significant buffs in the realm of damage mitigation and stability, and your suggestions would make us actually weaker than we have been in any state of the game. In all actuality, our condition damage output is weaker than pre dhuumfire even including dhuumfire in its current state and all builds have no way to mitigate damage but to soak it with ds while being a ping pong ball. Ds is actually worse off now due to the fact that our only other grandmaster trait in the SR. trait line is complete crap. 6 points for one stack of stability for 3 secs? Anet has guaranteed that no one would ever take this trait. Blood magic is a joke outside of minion mancer builds that exist only in low ranks of pvp and are useless in wvw aoe-fests and any type of pve. The current state of the necro compared to all other classes is pathetic and even worse when compared to the incoming rev which does our job with mitigation, mobility, stability, and cc. I do not understand anet’s logic when it comes to necro and I despise when someone who does not even play a class well comes online to post that necros need nerfs because they blow up your current meta derived class build.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Also, how do you propose Anet make an animation for CoD proc. It’s based off the enemy’s health at the time the attack hits the target. It isn’t pre-determined before the attack is made. There is just no way to implement this without somehow nerfing the trait by changing the way it functions. Tells on automatic procs are great, but this will never work with on hit or on crit procs. And automatic procs are not going anywhere, and every class possesses them. You seem to think power necro is an easy class to play, yet you have no trouble beating them so looks like it must not be so easy to play one effectively. On the other hand if you are having trouble beating them, I can guarantee it is not the CoD proc winning the fights for them, it would be your lack of skill.

Lastly, it’s just annoying to see any Ele/Engi/War/Guard/Thief say anything demeaning about us lowly Necro/Mesmer/Rangers. Look at your own class before coming here telling us that ANYTHING on our classes need to be toned down.

For example having just a debuff/buff when the trait is off cooldown would help. Or any animation added when it procs. Or for example Lightning Flash is an instant damage skill but the lightning occurs right before it deals damage, it’s avoidable but it requires VERY fast reaction. If CoD would be reworked like that, it would still stay instant, however there would be at least some counterplay to it. It can proc with a million other things and then you don’t even know how but you’re very low and you can’t even notice you went past 50% hp in that.

So if I beat them easily, it means the class is bad. If I don’t beat them easily, it means I’m bad. Yeah, that completely makes sense.

I have actually. This is a necromancer thred that OP created and suggested some nerfs. As I don’t agree with all of them, I agreed with one. Although, I didn’t ask for any removing, but tonig down a bit OR adding an animation.

Lastly, fresh air ele is not really viable in top teams either, it lacks quite a lot to be able to do so. So please stop acting like what I’m playing is so op every team has 5 of it, thanks.

And btw, I do play necro sometimes and while I really enjoy terromancer and I strongly believe it needs some buffs, I think power necro is just a build for people who want something easy to start with. I played it for a bit, it was hilarious seeing people blow up but after 5 games, I’ve had enough. If you want to buff this spec, then rework it so all it damage doesn’t come from autoattack and passive procs.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sabre.8627

Basically this.

Crit is passive stat that is not getting removed so… There just needs to be more in the middle rather than extremities.

I was agreeing with you and being sarcastic lol

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Basically this.

I was agreeing with you and being sarcastic lol

Well lol then but it’s still a dream stuff like that should have happened during pre alpha I don’t understand what’s the point of RNG or actual passive procs.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Please be constructive AND stay on topic. This isn’t about that no-skill fresh air build for which I also have some rework ideas.
This is about necro!

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

We all know necromancers are a huge pain. They are so prevalent in the current meta and all their 3 meta builds are strong. I mean of course power, terror and minion master.

1. Remove stability from lich. That skill is too strong and has no counter play. It’s an elite so it should deal damage but there should be a risk about 1shotting people with your auto.

2.Rework plague form. Namely 2nd skill. Call it “plague of frailty” and make it inflict vuln instead of blind.

3.Remove chill of death. Just, remove it.

4.Terror. Tone down the damage by 20%. 1k fears are no fun especially since they are easy to chain and they ignore armor.

5. Make corrupt boon more obvious. Pin down got a huge telegraph, point blank shot, even freakin air blast got the same fancy spinny whirly telegraph. Meanwhile corrupt boon is a slight hand movement with some dark green stuff that not only is identical to staff 4 it’s also hard to see in team fights.

6. Make staff marks dodgeable. They take effect before the animation especially with some latency. Also staff 4 should have a more recognizable telegraph since it’s extremely powerful.

7. Make doom take effect after the animation not before it. What is up with that anyway? What’s the point of an animation that occurs after the effect?

8. Tone down well damage but reduce their cooldowns. They hit too hard, even supposedly “bunkerish” classes like the celestial monkeys have to run away when they are dropped on the node.

9. Replace path of corruption with a trait that gives 33% endurance regen. They always complain about not having enough dodges.

Thank you and please be constructive.

1. Sry but no, why? There is more then enough counters to lich like los, blind, invuln, blocks ,chain ccs and the most effective target-focus dead.

2. Plague is ok like it is and i dont see any point of changing blind into vuln .

3. Ok CoD trait , well we can talk and talk how good is it but lets be honest trait is fine , ofc its pure passive but every class some passive procks so eaither be fair and remove passives for all or just leave it like it is. Ofc CoD should not be effected by 50% more dmg trait.

4. Terror have a lot of counter play (stability , stunbreak , condi clear) so i dont see any point of lowering dmg from it , condi necro already need to put a lot of effort to able to stack good amount of condis.

5. Yeah some better animation could be good , i agree with that.

6. I agree with better animations but 3/4s i enough to be able to dodge marks , necro alaredy suffers from very long cast times snd cds.

7. Doom is fine , its ofc instant thats why its hard to avoid it but remeber that its the only deffensive skill when necro is in ds and for example is getting chain cced.

8. Wells are fine , if u stand afk in it thats a l2p isuee and i cant help with that. Dmg is decent but they are very ezy to avoid .

9. U want to remove 1 from 3 vaible and balanced GM traits that necro have??

Now few words from me as a player necro since 1stbeta. All i see is guy making topic and asking not for reworking class but a guy asking for nerfing a class witch is already in very bad spot. Could i ask u what are u playing and what build are u using??

Rly a lot of ppl coming on this forum is complaing for some things for no reason . Most of the time they play pvp meet a way better player and get stomped , then cry on forum. U ask for constructive opinion , well 1st u have to lern few thing about the class u complain about and make a topic like that .

One more thing , could i ask for the minion build that is so storng and prevalent in the current meta?

And tbh this topic looks like a simple troll topic

(edited by Forsaker.9213)

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Seems like another troll that got rekt by a competent necro with full LF in 1v1. Everyone knows necros are easy targets in teamfights and most of the time, a liability to your team. Although when left alone to free-cast, they are a huge problem but isnt that true with any ranged prof?

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Jugnificent.2061

Jugnificent.2061

No, my problem is that I can 1v1 the most power necros, I just do not like they can hit that hard with a trait without any way to avoid it. It’s just plain wrong. I had a game against 3 power necros and all I died to were passive procs. People always complain about IP and passives but leave this one out. It’s not ok to have a such thing in the game. Add an animation and time window to dodge it, then I don’t care.

And it’s hard to one hit a power necro with full DS.

You say you can 1v1 power necros but have an issue with more than one? Boon-happy eles are pretty much the only class that necros provide a hard counter to. I think a lot of classes could say something similar about other classes. Do you just want to be able to have massive sustain in all group fights?

Floopster
Tarnished Coast

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

No, my problem is that I can 1v1 the most power necros, I just do not like they can hit that hard with a trait without any way to avoid it. It’s just plain wrong. I had a game against 3 power necros and all I died to were passive procs. People always complain about IP and passives but leave this one out. It’s not ok to have a such thing in the game. Add an animation and time window to dodge it, then I don’t care.

You say you can 1v1 power necros but have an issue with more than one? Boon-happy eles are pretty much the only class that necros provide a hard counter to. I think a lot of classes could say something similar about other classes. Do you just want to be able to have massive sustain in all group fights?

I already answered that. You can have no problem 1v1ing something and still not like something about that class. Those two don’t have to corelate.

Necro is hardly a hard counter to eles.

Fresh air is far from having massive sustain.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

Seems like another troll that got rekt by a competent necro with full LF in 1v1. Everyone knows necros are easy targets in teamfights and most of the time, a liability to your team. Although when left alone to free-cast, they are a huge problem but isnt that true with any ranged prof?

This.

-Blackgate-

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Jugnificent.2061

Jugnificent.2061

I already answered that. You can have no problem 1v1ing something and still not like something about that class. Those two don’t have to corelate.

So you’re complaining one necro skills is overpowered if there is more than one necro on a team? I honestly don’t know all the different ele builds, but most eles I face in matches seem to have pretty good sustain. Being a hard counter may be debatable, but eles are probably the class I fear the least to face in a 1 on 1 (and I’m far from a great necro).

Floopster
Tarnished Coast

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

@Laraley

So.. uhh. I’m not sure I understand. You want an animation to go along with CoD so that there is counterplay but are perfectly okay with crits and your own classes passive procs? Not sure whats goin on here but I’m not sure I like it one bit

Should nullification sigils also have an animation? How far are we going to go with this? lol

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

@Laraley

So.. uhh. I’m not sure I understand. You want an animation to go along with CoD so that there is counterplay but are perfectly okay with crits and your own classes passive procs? Not sure whats goin on here but I’m not sure I like it one bit

Should nullification sigils also have an animation? How far are we going to go with this? lol

Maybe read the whole thing.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

So you’re complaining one necro skills is overpowered if there is more than one necro on a team? I honestly don’t know all the different ele builds, but most eles I face in matches seem to have pretty good sustain. Being a hard counter may be debatable, but eles are probably the class I fear the least to face in a 1 on 1 (and I’m far from a great necro).

No, that wasn’t the point at all. I’m not ok with a trait hitting over 4K with no counter play that also chills you which is bad on ele seeing as it’s the only class that gets swaps affected by chill, especailly on fresh air. NOT only if there is more than one power necro.

Most builds you face are dd eles whose sustain indeed is very good, they invest pretty much all traits into sustain. A good dd ele should be very capable of killing you, but that doesn’t mean you can’t kill him in the 1v1 scenario. DD ele is kinda easy to pick up so new players and even just bad players play it a lot. However, the difference between a good dd ele and a bad one is quite huge.

On the other hand, fresh air zerker ele does not have massive sustain. It would be nice if you stopped assuming things if as you already stated do not know the builds.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Good feedback!

Yeh, nrf those pesky Ncromancers to the grnd! I wuna win!

Evrytim I cri sme Ncro lawlz. So I tld to myslf : I guna mke dhem pay!

Rold a Ncro nd strted chekin. Dem mons get mny skillz I don’t n my prfession! OP! Didn’t evn hav to read, knew it!

Whai dem gt stuf I don’t? I dmand equality and nurfs!

Op OP Ncros !!!11

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Don’t forget to remove flesh wurm, and make necromancers immune to swiftness so they stop running away-

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

You act like there are many decent power necro players, when mostly you just see people wanting some easy build. Even Nos stated he plays power when he doesn’t want to focus.

Oh please, stop trolling.

The only reason people run power necros is because of the minimum mobility improvement vs any other necro, and the need to coordinate well to make any other necro spec nearly viable.

For solo qeue, power necro is your only chance to be half useful to your team. And that comes at the price of having to 1on1 annoying bunker classes hoping the help doesn’t get there before you actually kill something.

But yes, why not! nerf the chill of death, as it may be the only passive proc in the whole game (i am being sarcastic of course), I mean, it’s not that it requires us to actually hit our target or anything.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

On the other hand, fresh air zerker ele does not have massive sustain. It would be nice if you stopped assuming things if as you already stated do not know the builds.

of course not, you go full glass cannon and complain that one necro skill you can totally predict (if you watch your health bar, which you stated you don’t because you cannot be bothered to, which is obviously the necro’s fault) hits for up to 4k when it’s probably the only spike in damage the power necro has (besides the sigil procs).

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

of course not, you go full glass cannon and complain that one necro skill you can totally predict (if you watch your health bar, which you stated you don’t because you cannot be bothered to, which is obviously the necro’s fault) hits for up to 4k when it’s probably the only spike in damage the power necro has (besides the sigil procs).

This is hilarious. The only damage spike? How about Life Blast hitting 7K with might stacked? How about CoD procs after eating one single LB? I said I do watch my hp but I do not wait for the exact moment when I reach 50% when it can procs with million others things.

Minimum mobility buff? Lol. No, people play it because terromancer actually takes skill unlike Power Necro.

Peace.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Don’t forget to remove flesh wurm, and make necromancers immune to swiftness so they stop running away-

Necromancers should drop loot for the one who gives the finishing blow…

It is so stupid that a class designed to be ping-ponged around to escape from battle anyway…

Attachments:

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

This is hilarious. The only damage spike? How about Life Blast hitting 7K with might stacked? How about CoD procs after eating one single LB? I said I do watch my hp but I do not wait for the exact moment when I reach 50% when it can procs with million others things.

Minimum mobility buff? Lol. No, people play it because terromancer actually takes skill unlike Power Necro.

Peace.

You don’t know nothing about power necros then. You say power necro doesn’t take skill so i want to see how you play your non skill required power necro in the high tier.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Peace.

You don’t know nothing about power necros then. You say power necro doesn’t take skill so i want to see how you play your non skill required power necro in the high tier.

Being unviable in high tier and easy to play is something completely different.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

aren’t being unviable for most peoples to play it high tier means that it takes skill for peoples that can make it viable huh?

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

I can agree with the chill of death thing. Atm its a bit hectic, also not sure why a class with 2 hp bars really needs to hit for high damage.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Laraley.7695

aren’t being unviable for most peoples to play it high tier means that it takes skill for peoples that can make it viable huh?

No, it doesn’t. Power ranger is failry easy to play and it’s not meta for other reasons.

Also making it viable is quite different from easy/hard to play.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

why classes that have health regen, teleports, stealth, 100% damage reduction skills, 2000 range, stability. needs to hit for high damage?

nice troll. play one and you find out.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Sabre.8627

I can agree with the chill of death thing. Atm its a bit hectic, also not sure why a class with 2 hp bars really needs to hit for high damage.

Please go try to run a power necro in pvp without traiting for damage and tell me how it goes.

Necromancer rework ideas

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Always love this two hp bar argument. The true sign of a player that is clueless to how the Necromancer works.

Gate of Madness