Page 2 bug fixed

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Necros have made PvP un-fun

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Spamming condis against necros has always been a no-no since they could transfer them back to you or consume them for big heals. I haven’t run into any necros that put up a fight since the patch landed.

End of thread.

Try thinking a little bit more when you’re matched up against a Necro. People have been saying it since Day 1 of the patch; with the new proliferation of conditions and their respective builds, it indirectly buffed Necromancers due to their consuming and transferring of them.

I really don’t want to say “L2P”, but it honestly fits here.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I adore the “Necro killed me with my own OP conditions” complaints. It’s awesome. If people weren’t melting people so much necromancer wouldn’t be that powerful. Similarly, boons. Necromancer is basically a mirror at this point and people kill themselves. It’s the best wake up call there is, really.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

The real problem is: “Looks, I can do over 4k tick of burning but the funny part is I can’t even deal with it myself, teehee.”

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

People eating their OWN 10 stack of Burning but anyway lets forget that and put the blame on Necro.

You mean that 10 stacks that were transferred back by an non-telegraphed Plague Signet passive proc?

It’s active proc, actually.

in PvP

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I adore the “Necro killed me with my own OP conditions” complaints. It’s awesome. If people weren’t melting people so much necromancer wouldn’t be that powerful. Similarly, boons. Necromancer is basically a mirror at this point and people kill themselves. It’s the best wake up call there is, really.

+1.

Necros are definitely stronger post patch but I don’t think they are OP. They just do certain things better than others which is as it should be. Being tanky and masters of conditions are two of these things.

I was spectacting a game recently and noticed the entire red team filled with conditions and dying rapidly. When I zero’d in on the fight, I saw a lone Necro in lich form standing over a pile of bleeding bodies in rezz state. I got a good chuckle from that.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

in PvP

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

People eating their OWN 10 stack of Burning but anyway lets forget that and put the blame on Necro.

You mean that 10 stacks that were transferred back by an non-telegraphed Plague Signet passive proc?

It’s active proc, actually.

No, he’s right it is passive. He means “plague sending”. However, this trait requires facing, so there is counterplay to it. And the best counterplay of them all : “Don’t load the Necro with conditions and let a kittening power-user do the job”. Like really. OP is propably running Burn Guard or Condi Engi himself and applying 10 stacks of burn and 12 stacks of bleed to a Necro while having maximum condi damage and then wonders why he explodes.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lol, tanky Necro’s are a problem but Guardians and Warrior’s that can solo hold a point, no big deal.

Necromancer have been and still are the weakest profession in the game with the least viability in multiple areas of the game… How about let us have some nice things?

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Lol, tanky Necro’s are a problem but Guardians and Warrior’s that can solo hold a point, no big deal.

Necromancer have been and still are the weakest profession in the game with the least viability in multiple areas of the game… How about let us have some nice things?

they dont know how to adapt and change their strategy
they still want to instantly KO a necro by focusing him and they cannot accept that a necro can now not be focused down that easily.
they also don’t realize that a lot of necros no longer run full zerk in PvP and are no longer squishy.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Page 2 bug fixed

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I got called op today running might stacking clerics build with blood magic.

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yea yea nobody likes the passive plague signet, the weakness on crit, the chill of death etc.
But what can they do? Anet keeps nerfing and balancing around these passives and transfers.

Also it’s not like engi doesn’t get esports rocket on 10s cd but without the cc part.
Or the 600hp every 2s.
Procs go both ways.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I really don’t want to bump this thread but I have to say it. Just because necromancers can finally kill something doesn’t seem it overpowered. Currently there are LOTS of powerful classes. Last night a thief hit me for 15k in 3 hits.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

A necro without some team support is still a dead necro.

They have not become anything like a CC Hammer warrior or a Guardian in the new patch. They have almost no stability. No stealth. No escape mechanism. They can’t CC you forever. They just have a lot of health and they can toss conditions in a burst, which you can cleanse.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I’m curious, with people tossing around the passive proc buzzword what do people think of damage modifiers that proc when you or the enemy fall to a certain health or switch to a certain weapon set?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

A necro without some team support is still a dead necro. They have not become anything like a CC Hammer warrior or a Guardian in the new patch. They have almost no stability. No stealth. No escape mechanism. They can’t CC you forever. They just have a lot of health and they can toss conditions in a burst, which you can cleanse.

Yeah, I’m starting to lean that way of thinking myself. Playing my warrior with the hammer I feel like a smashing ball of destruction managing a lot of cooldowns. Necro seems slow and weak in comparison.

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

All in the title.

With the way condi’s are right now, plus the sheer tankyness they have always had, they have ruined PvP for me.

really? power necro exists which is quite squishy, its only the bunker necros holding sooo much survivability.

Also with Mesmers and Engineers sitting how they are u think NECROS ruined pvp? oh please, I’ll take someone who has 0 presence and lives forever over the Shatter condis Disrupting everything u do and finishing u in 2 seconds flat, or a Engi abusing the bugs which cause them to hit u for 15k dmg with Gernades.

I think its Stupid to QQ on Necros, they’re about the only class with 0 OP Mechanics and Resembling balance lol.

in PvP

EremiteAngel.9765

All in the title.

With the way condi’s are right now, plus the sheer tankyness they have always had, they have ruined PvP for me.

really? power necro exists which is quite squishy, its only the bunker necros holding sooo much survivability.

Also with Mesmers and Engineers sitting how they are u think NECROS ruined pvp? oh please, I’ll take someone who has 0 presence and lives forever over the Shatter condis Disrupting everything u do and finishing u in 2 seconds flat, or a Engi abusing the bugs which cause them to hit u for 15k dmg with Gernades.

I think its Stupid to QQ on Necros, they’re about the only class with 0 OP Mechanics and Resembling balance lol.

well said. +1

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

All in the title.

And yet..here I am…loading as much condi clear as I can..to avoid being 100 to 0 by somebody sitting at 900-1200 range , doing nothing but press buttons as they come off CD, then run in circle while pressing 1 on scepter…and yet…necro is considered UP…kk

So poor necros lose when a team focus them…hhmm that’s goes for every freaking class in the game??

What about necros sitting in the backline pressing scepter 1, all passive condi crit/transfer..is that hard too? What about triple signet necro, is that UP too? Newly support necro?

..all UP isn’kitten

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

All in the title.

And yet..here I am…loading as much condi clear as I can..to avoid being 100 to 0 by somebody sitting at 900-1200 range , doing nothing but press buttons as they come off CD, then run in circle while pressing 1 on scepter…and yet…necro is considered UP…kk

So poor necros lose when a team focus them…hhmm that’s goes for every freaking class in the game??

What about necros sitting in the backline pressing scepter 1, all passive condi crit/transfer..is that hard too? What about triple signet necro, is that UP too? Newly support necro?

..all UP isn’kitten

And apparently making no effort to close said 1200-900 range gap, since Necros don’t have gap openers. This is about as L2P as you can get.

And no, not every class does lose when focused by the enemy team. Everyone but Necro has some ability to escape that focus or make it pointless for some time.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

All in the title.

..all UP isn’kitten

And apparently making no effort to close said 1200-900 range gap, since Necros don’t have gap openers. This is about as L2P as you can get.

And no, not every class does lose when focused by the enemy team. Everyone but Necro has some ability to escape that focus or make it pointless for some time.

Do you think that you get condi loaded by staying at range?..

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

All in the title.

..all UP isn’kitten

Guard, generally, has no escapes. All of his mobility skills drive him deeper into the fight. Sure, you can argue that we have blocks, but they only really help you survive for a few seconds if you’re being focused. Even less if you’re facing a torrent of conditions.

Warrior has literally one weapon that allows them to escape, but that weapon is tied to a DPS build that without endure pain or resistance will, again, get melted down in seconds.

Ranger has signet of stone and that’s literally it. You can talk about GS, but its the same issue that warrior has but with even less mobility and innate tankiness.

Literally 4 of the 8 classes have any RELIABLE escape mechanisms when running away from non-bads, so don’t give us any of that “BUT NECRO CANT ESCAPE” bs.

I adapted my pre-patch medi build to the new system and managed a total of the following stats without boons:

2.3k power.
2.3k armor.
55% crit rate.
200% crit damage.
20k HP.
And, for the sake of this argument, 2 sizeable condi clears and one mini clear.

And, of course, healthy access to basically every boon in the game save for swiftness and resistance.

There were at least four or five necros I ran into in the last 10 games that literally ran around in circles, dropping condi bombs and hopping in and out of death shroud like it was nobody’s business. I, once, made the mistake of attacking the necro while they had spectral armor up after I burned through the initial DS (which was three quarters if the way full). He literally regained over half of his shroud and kept running around dropping marks and condi blasting me. I had no idea how I was supposed to kill him. Our fight literally lasted so long that I had a chance to throw SoW into my burst AFTER JI came off of cooldown and bursted for nearly 15k damage, which he still shruged off until I got +1d by a thief. I would’ve died looooong ago if didnt have my buttloads of cleanse, but he just kept laughing my damage off. Mind you, when the thief came to +1, I was 5k HP with around 2 stacks of burn, bleed, and poison, with my main clears being on CD.

Am I saying that its impossible to kill a condi necro? No. I’m certain that had I not made the mistake of helping him regain his LF and waited out the armor, I could’ve dropped him with my following bomb, but the fact that I had to time my skills, space out my cleanses, attempt to block his AUTO ATTACKS and he just had to run around in circles just waiting for his condis to do the trick is just not fair. Necro, and especially their condi spec, epitomizes the worst style of play in the game and it honestly, sincerely

Needs.

To.

Go.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

All in the title.

..all UP isn’kitten

Guard, generally, has no escapes. All of his mobility skills drive him deeper into the fight. Sure, you can argue that we have blocks, but they only really help you survive for a few seconds if you’re being focused. Even less if you’re facing a torrent of conditions.

Warrior has literally one weapon that allows them to escape, but that weapon is tied to a DPS build that without endure pain or resistance will, again, get melted down in seconds.

Ranger has signet of stone and that’s literally it. You can talk about GS, but its the same issue that warrior has but with even less mobility and innate tankiness.

Literally 4 of the 8 classes have any RELIABLE escape mechanisms when running away from non-bads, so don’t give us any of that “BUT NECRO CANT ESCAPE” bs.

I adapted my pre-patch medi build to the new system and managed a total of the following stats without boons:

2.3k power.
2.3k armor.
55% crit rate.
200% crit damage.
20k HP.
And, for the sake of this argument, 2 sizeable condi clears and one mini clear.

And, of course, healthy access to basically every boon in the game save for swiftness and resistance.

There were at least four or five necros I ran into in the last 10 games that literally ran around in circles, dropping condi bombs and hopping in and out of death shroud like it was nobody’s business. I, once, made the mistake of attacking the necro while they had spectral armor up after I burned through the initial DS (which was three quarters if the way full). He literally regained over half of his shroud and kept running around dropping marks and condi blasting me. I had no idea how I was supposed to kill him. Our fight literally lasted so long that I had a chance to throw SoW into my burst AFTER JI came off of cooldown and bursted for nearly 15k damage, which he still shruged off until I got +1d by a thief. I would’ve died looooong ago if didnt have my buttloads of cleanse, but he just kept laughing my damage off. Mind you, when the thief came to +1, I was 5k HP with around 2 stacks of burn, bleed, and poison, with my main clears being on CD.

Am I saying that its impossible to kill a condi necro? No. I’m certain that had I not made the mistake of helping him regain his LF and waited out the armor, I could’ve dropped him with my following bomb, but the fact that I had to time my skills, space out my cleanses, attempt to block his AUTO ATTACKS and he just had to run around in circles just waiting for his condis to do the trick is just not fair. Necro, and especially their condi spec, epitomizes the worst style of play in the game and it honestly, sincerely

Needs.

To.

Go.

Any condi build can kite you. This sounds like condition qq more than anything necro specific.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Translation: you made crucial mistakes that you can even identify that cost you the fight. Yet you claim that the necro is mechanically OP when you already know exactly what you could have done differently without changing your build to win.

Guardians: Shelter and Renewed Focus make focusing them pointless for a period of time.

Rangers: Sword and Greatsword both have fantastic disengage potential, Longbow has stealth to drop focus and reposition, and a Wolf (standard PvP pet) can peel everyone off you for a couple seconds.

Warriors: Stances. What does focusing them do?

Necros have no ability to disengage or negate focus.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

“The tankiness of necros is pretty ridiculous”
“Survivability is just silly good”

Sounds like you got a problem with it to me.

You took it out of context like any fanboi would do. Here, let allow me:
“The damage is low, but survivability is just silly good.”
That sounds like it’s a balance, which I am promoting in my message. Duh. Lol.

Nice try though.

Nah, to be honest, the tone of your message sounded like you had a problem with it when you used extremes like “ridiculous” or “silly good”. Don’t think he was trying to put words in your mouth, it legitimately sounded like you were saying necro tankiness was a problem despite the low damage. May not have been what you meant or what your message, taken with the most literal reading, was saying, but what most people [including myself and that gentleman before] probably heard was “Bunker Necro has OP survivability.”

in PvP

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Back in 2012: Necros are OP with conditions. dhuumfire rekt everyone and people are not happy.
devs nerfed necros into the ground
Early 2013-2014: Necros have no team support, blocks/reflects. Most pvp teams didn’t take necros because they usually got focused first plus engi dealt more condi dmg. They did suppar in PvE but excelled in WvW.
2015-Present: Necros finally have some kind of support with blood magic, excellent at dealing condi dmg while keeping them almost condi free Via death shroud. Weakness They are slow and susceptible to kiting at range. People QQ in the forums.

I can’t wait for the complaints about reaper.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Translation: you made crucial mistakes that you can even identify that cost you the fight. Yet you claim that the necro is mechanically OP when you already know exactly what you could have done differently without changing your build to win.

Guardians: Shelter and Renewed Focus make focusing them pointless for a period of time.

Rangers: Sword and Greatsword both have fantastic disengage potential, Longbow has stealth to drop focus and reposition, and a Wolf (standard PvP pet) can peel everyone off you for a couple seconds.

I’ll go as far as to admit that medi guardian is a rather forgiving build as far as power builds go, which frustrates me when I know that a single mistake will totally ruin me vs a spec that primarily relies on passive play to get by. Imagine what power warriors or rangers have to go through? Power necros are half as cheesy as this spec, and honestly, no one really cares about necro in general. Its condition builds. Anet, coincidentally, made it so that necros had all the tools available to them to dominate a condition meta. That’s why necros (along with our lovely stealth bursters) are at the forefront of all of this QQ.

Shelter lasts for two seconds. Renewed focus lasts for 3. 5 seconds of damage negation (you can be feared/magnet pulled through shelter if your prediction skills are on point). All while moving at a laughably slow speed and then eventually getting shrekt.

Warriors get ONE stance to avoid damage and it lasts 4 seconds. Fortunately, they can escape with GS (IF THEY HAVE IT) and even then, they’ll get hunted by every class except for necro and eventually shut down.

Rangers have one signet and one 1200 range leap. Sword is OK, but I see it as standing out more for its evasive properties rather than its escape skills.

What do necros have? A second HP bar that now, thanks to anet, seems a lot more easier to fill up/maintain.

Also, all this talk of escape means jackkitten in a conquest game mode. You escape, you leave the point uncontested. As a necro, if you put yourself in situations where you’re constantly getting ganked by 2 of more people, you honestly shouldnt complain since absolutely no one would be able to survive such a situation for longer than a few seconds.

I believe the thread name should be changed to conditions, since power necros are OK.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Your imagined “Condition meta” is just burning from Eles, Engis, Guardians and some crazy bleeds from Condi Rangers. Burning is getting a nerf. Besides that, everyone is Power.

We may as well end up in pure power meta builds. Once there are no conditions to transfer, Signet Necromancer loses half of it’s strenght. And then we’re left with pathetic shade of the past which is actual Condition Necromancer now compared to other professions,

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I’ll go as far as to admit that medi guardian is a rather forgiving build as far as power builds go, which frustrates me when I know that a single mistake will totally ruin me vs a spec that primarily relies on passive play to get by. Imagine what power warriors or rangers have to go through? Power necros are half as cheesy as this spec, and honestly, no one really cares about necro in general. Its condition builds. Anet, coincidentally, made it so that necros had all the tools available to them to dominate a condition meta. That’s why necros (along with our lovely stealth bursters) are at the forefront of all of this QQ.

Shelter lasts for two seconds. Renewed focus lasts for 3. 5 seconds of damage negation (you can be feared/magnet pulled through shelter if your prediction skills are on point). All while moving at a laughably slow speed and then eventually getting shrekt.

Warriors get ONE stance to avoid damage and it lasts 4 seconds. Fortunately, they can escape with GS (IF THEY HAVE IT) and even then, they’ll get hunted by every class except for necro and eventually shut down.

Rangers have one signet and one 1200 range leap. Sword is OK, but I see it as standing out more for its evasive properties rather than its escape skills.

What do necros have? A second HP bar that now, thanks to anet, seems a lot more easier to fill up/maintain.

Also, all this talk of escape means jackkitten in a conquest game mode. You escape, you leave the point uncontested. As a necro, if you put yourself in situations where you’re constantly getting ganked by 2 of more people, you honestly shouldnt complain since absolutely no one would be able to survive such a situation for longer than a few seconds.

I believe the thread name should be changed to conditions, since power necros are OK.

Ironically it’s actually the power and tank necros killing everyone with the transfers.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

A 1200 range leap is all you need to escape focus fire most of the time. Could you still be in range after that? Yes, but chances are, there is a better target still in range.

If the Necro is kiting you successfully, that is hardly “passive play.” Especially since their cripples and chills do nothing to your gapclosers anymore. They have to use their dodges well since they have nothing else to avoid lockdown with and can’t open a gap again once it’s been closed.

If a Necro is kiting you, it’s because you are running with no mobility skills (unlikely, especially on meditation guardian), or he is seriously outplaying you..

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Huh, I’ve seen pure tank necros. They just survive and res people. Power necros are strong, yea, but a lot of their damage is telegraphed. Thieves and mesmers would just blow them up from stealth. As a guardian, I know for a fact that power necro, while a force to be reckoned with, is no big deal if we focus on timing our defenses vs FIREALLTHEDPS. I can imagine power warriors and rangers having a bit of a hard time, but it can’t honestly be this spec that’s causing all of this salt.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Huh, I’ve seen pure tank necros. They just survive and res people. Power necros are strong, yea, but a lot of their damage is telegraphed. Thieves and mesmers would just blow them up from stealth. As a guardian, I know for a fact that power necro, while a force to be reckoned with, is no big deal if we focus on timing our defenses vs FIREALLTHEDPS. I can imagine power warriors and rangers having a bit of a hard time, but it can’t honestly be this spec that’s causing all of this salt.

It’s the tank and power necros. Transfers use the opponents condi damage. Why use a condi amulet when it’s not going to make the transfers better? Instead you can make a power necro or a tank necro that is also doing carrion/rabid condition damage due to transfers.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It really is, though. Actual condition Necros are pretty lousy right now. Rather, the pressure is all coming from transfers, which don’t use the Necro’s stats at all.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Most people have been accusing my soldiers necro of beng condi lol.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

If that’s the case then neeeeveeer mind. I’m done adding my salt here. I just wanted to have a hearty cry over conditions lol. Have a good day necros.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Have been playing in soloq for three days now on my remorseless power ranger (inb4 Bhawb calls me a moron for stacking conditions against necros) and necro definitely seems absurdly op in 1v1s. The baseline marks combined with all the passive traitworks are just putting it way over the top.

I can outplay the necro on many levels and even then they will just get into plague form and get out of it with DS cooldown gone and full life force.

The damage is too high for the amount of survi, condi manipulation and cc that the profession can make.

And before someone calls me out with ‘l2p’, I have 5000 ranked matches played on necro in a rather high MMR, so I know what I’m talking about.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Reaper’s seem to be their answer to necro viability in dungeons. Skills with this high cast times, and slow movement gonna be totally unviable for pvp. They are still gonna be outranged because they added another melee weapon instead of a proper power based weapon for 1200 range. Staff is the only ranged option but it is meant for condi builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Reaper’s seem to be their answer to necro viability in dungeons. Skills with this high cast times, and slow movement gonna be totally unviable for pvp. They are still gonna be outranged because they added another melee weapon instead of a proper power based weapon for 1200 range. Staff is the only ranged option but it is meant for condi builds.

Greatsword is slow, reaper is not. Also staff is not meant for condi builds only: mark of blood bleeds is good for only condi builds. All other aspects serve both power and condi.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

They did specifically say they were going to address the necro slow problem in the video when they talked about movements no longer being affected by slows.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Have been playing in soloq for three days now on my remorseless power ranger (inb4 Bhawb calls me a moron for stacking conditions against necros) and necro definitely seems absurdly op in 1v1s. The baseline marks combined with all the passive traitworks are just putting it way over the top.

I can outplay the necro on many levels and even then they will just get into plague form and get out of it with DS cooldown left and full life force.

The damage is too high for the amount of survi, condi manipulation and cc that the profession can make.

And before someone calls me out with ‘l2p’, I have 5000 ranked matches played on necro in a rather high MMR, so I know what I’m talking about.

Hint hint!

If he’s running Plague and trying to stale with that, it’s probably not Condition Necro.

The only three passive traitworks shouldn’t really do much if you’re a Power Ranger. One is Plague Signet, which, since you’re not condi, doesn’t do whole lot, other can be Blood Bond which is currently bugged and doesn’t heal in Shroud, third is good ol’ Chill of Death, not really that scary in tank build.

Fourth could be Last Gasp, but only 3 traitlines are avalible at once and it has been in SR since launch.

Baseline Marks are just CDR and radius matching old Greater Marks. That would be it.

Necromancers often build tanky because regular build hardly survives the damage in PvP now, considering we have to facetank more than any other profession.

Not to mention, you shouldn’t really focus builds with 3k armor and 60k effective sponge health with sentinel amulet as a Power Ranger, because it doesn’t excell against bunkers.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

leman.7682

Of course it isn’t a condition necro. It’s a signet dagger/wh necro.

It’s not the matter of ‘focusing’ anyone, but one of the effectiveness of the profession in 1v1s, which currently is too high at least against my build, although I’ve seen other players complain about it as well.

I know it may, and probably is, a matter of relative weakness of ranger and the build I’m running, but the important thing is: if I can 100-0 a necro so that he’s left with 1hp and 30% life force, and then he gets all the nice things like might and vuln stacking from inside plague form including lucky SoV and Plague Signet procs so that I either have to disengage or die, I know that’s something wrong.

If I can land a full combo on a necro and avoid most if not all of his important skills / damage, then stalling at 15% hp with plague form and/or DS should not be as effective (and as successful) as it currently is.

If I am outplaying a necro mechanically so hard that all that is left for him is to get into plague form, then he should not be able to recover or turn it around just by going into plague form. This is what I’m talking about.

Team fights is another story (also very strong).

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I can outplay the necro on many levels and even then they will just get into plague form and get out of it with DS cooldown gone and full life force.

I’ve been annhilating other necromancers since the patch. Obviously I’m doing this on my necro, but I’m not seeing where the class is so strong like you’re describing here. At least before the patch I was a little worried that another necro could life blast me into oblivion, but now I find that I just beat them down because I know the class better. Usually super strong classes are still OK in the hands of a new/average player, but necro doesn’t seem to be in that position.

I have found MM to be very tanky, but not necessarily OP. They are still just as weak to all the same things as usual.

I wonder how much of your perspective is shaped by rangers still seeming like a weak class. Potentially even the weakest class right now.

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lmao, I can’t believe people are actually making a discussion out of this. Necromancer is not OP. The end. Get good.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

EremiteAngel.9765

Lmao, I can’t believe people are actually making a discussion out of this. Necromancer is not OP. The end. Get good.

+1

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Honestly, it doesn’t matter how many matches or how long you’ve played to make a claim that you know what you’re talking about. What matters is how much you’ve paid attention during that time. You mention the baseline Mark traits and passives rework, but do you not recall how many useless traits the Necro had? Have you forgotten how Blood Magic was absolutely worthless, and conflicted with the profession’s own mechanic (Death Shroud)? Pre-Patch Necro was anything but streamlined, they had no diversity outside of two builds (Arguably one), and its trait lines worked against eachother.

I’m honestly a little shocked you would come to such a conclusion. If anything, the current Necros don’t have to sacrifice as much in their builds and no longer carry as much dead weight (Pun intended?) in their traits.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in PvP

leman.7682

Honestly, it doesn’t matter how many matches or how long you’ve played to make a claim that you know what you’re talking about. What matters is how much you’ve paid attention during that time. You mention the baseline Mark traits and passives rework, but do you not recall how many useless traits the Necro had? Have you forgotten how Blood Magic was absolutely worthless, and conflicted with the profession’s own mechanic (Death Shroud)? Pre-Patch Necro was anything but streamlined, they had no diversity outside of two builds (Arguably one), and its trait lines worked against eachother.

I’m honestly a little shocked you would come to such a conclusion. If anything, the current Necros don’t have to sacrifice as much in their builds and no longer carry as much dead weight (Pun intended?) in their traits.

All nice and pretty, but how does your response answer my doubts? I want to hear what your experience has been just like I stated mine instead of complaints about the past build diversity and viability (arguably necro has always been one of the most diverse professions, viability aside).

That’s the difference between me and you – I give you a ‘real life’ example of how things are in ranked matches and you give me some blahblah about necro being deadweight in the past (I know how it was because I was one of maybe 2 or 3 players playing necro actively during hambow and shoutbows/cele metas when necro was rended semi-useless, and still saw some success despite the hardship).

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Of course it isn’t a condition necro. It’s a signet dagger/wh necro.

It’s not the matter of ‘focusing’ anyone, but one of the effectiveness of the profession in 1v1s, which currently is too high at least against my build, although I’ve seen other players complain about it as well.

I know it may, and probably is, a matter of relative weakness of ranger and the build I’m running, but the important thing is: if I can 100-0 a necro so that he’s left with 1hp and 30% life force, and then he gets all the nice things like might and vuln stacking from inside plague form including lucky SoV and Plague Signet procs so that I either have to disengage or die, I know that’s something wrong.

If I can land a full combo on a necro and avoid most if not all of his important skills / damage, then stalling at 15% hp with plague form and/or DS should not be as effective (and as successful) as it currently is.

If I am outplaying a necro mechanically so hard that all that is left for him is to get into plague form, then he should not be able to recover or turn it around just by going into plague form. This is what I’m talking about.

Team fights is another story (also very strong).

Stalling with Plague doesn’t let you recover, so I’m not sure what your problem is there. You really should know this. You can also just stay at 300 range from the Necro and not give two craps about Plague. This is easy to do as a Ranger, so you really have no excuse.

Stalling with Death Shroud? That is literally the main point of the mechanic!

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Sounds to me like the fish in the barrel are finally getting a chance to shoot back and people aren’t used to it.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Stalling with Death Shroud? That is literally the main point of the mechanic!

^that. I’m in support of him and I don’t even have a necro on my account lol. Honestly, power necro is fine lol. You actually have to watch out for them now. Come on people. Necros are slow and so are a lot of their big hitters. I can understand why some of you would be a little salty that you couldn’t instsgib them and placed all of your bets on that instagib, but thats kinda your fault. Balance out your build or play some stealthgank cheese.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Yes they kinda do.
If you don’t have cleanses,and reflects when you go
against them,you are dead.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-