Nerf blurred frenzy?

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Actually, I’m not really interested in nerfing Blurred Frenzy all that much, it’s not hard to deal with although it is annoying. I want to nerf Phantasms.

Vouch x 1000

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The problem is not Blurred Frenzy. It is the broken piece of crap that is Illusionary Leap. It’s nearly impossible to telegraph, and most of the time doesn’t leap, but just appears right in your face. UNAVOIDABLE. Shimmerless there is nothing distinctive about the animation, especially on Asura, which most Mesmers seem to run. How can Warrior leaps be so slow and obvious, but Illusionary Leap is a super speed run/leap that pops up next to you and says HI IMMOBILIZESHATTERRRRRRR.

It is not unavoidable. Both the animations of the mesmer and the appear of a the sword clone leaping at you are clear tells and not very fast. They give you more than enough time to react. Only swap is fast, but there are ways to avoid that as well. If you aren’t able to react to these, then every class will need nerfs on their skills to accommodate your abilities.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

The problem is not Blurred Frenzy. It is the broken piece of crap that is Illusionary Leap. It’s nearly impossible to telegraph, and most of the time doesn’t leap, but just appears right in your face. UNAVOIDABLE. Shimmerless there is nothing distinctive about the animation, especially on Asura, which most Mesmers seem to run. How can Warrior leaps be so slow and obvious, but Illusionary Leap is a super speed run/leap that pops up next to you and says HI IMMOBILIZESHATTERRRRRRR.

It is not unavoidable. Both the animations of the mesmer and the appear of a the sword clone leaping at you are clear tells and not very fast. They give you more than enough time to react. Only swap is fast, but there are ways to avoid that as well. If you aren’t able to react to these, then every class will need nerfs on their skills to accommodate your abilities.

Funny… because Necromancer has the slowest and most tell-tale abilities in the game… yet I rarely see people dodge it in a group fight…

And Warriors’ Killshot doesn’t seem to be dodged much in a fight either… could it be that we’re not super human enough to look at what direction you’re waving your hand in?

By the way, Mesmer skills aren’t slow in the least.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Playing one i felt like one of those villains from the power rangers, summoning minions instantly out of thin air for 20 minutes, laughing as the good guys fought for their lives, and suddenly disappearing when things got scary every single kitten week over and over.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

That’s a good comparison for Mesmer, Gank. I’m assuming the comparison for Warrior would be Raiden from Metal Gear Solid back when he urinated all over himself.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

That was Jon playing with a water signet.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Oh you mean the HGH build that has 20+ stacks of might most of the fight while having high toughness and vitality plus perma fury and retal? That build? Because as it stands yes that build is OP as all hell… And as far as 100 nades… I wasn’t terribly upset that it went bye bye but it was less of a pain in the kitten then HGH hands down… When mesmers could stack might that high it was wrecked… and as for the person that says everything else about the Mesmer is too good like DE and IP… Ipersona is essentially the only trait we have that is worth going 30 deep into…. if that wasn’t there mesmers would likely be one a lot less survivable and two run a 20/20/20/10 what ever build… our other grand master traits are just a sad…

Blurred frenzy is going to be here to stay as it is… if it was gonna be nerfed it would have gotten it long ago… and engies are still powerful as all hell even without HGH there are some nice tank builds out there… The only class that is really hurting is warrior but do I think they need helped by wrecking other classes specs? No… They need buffed. Plain and simple… And this whining and moaning about blurred frenzy… Since everyone and their mom here is going from personal experience I will say it… I GET HIT WITH BLURRED FRENZY MAYBE 2/10 TIMES…. illusionary leap is obvious and if a Mesmer throws out blurred frenzy before iLeap and swap then laugh and dodge… Seriously. I hate saying it but when it comes to this LEARN TO PLAY. Be aware… target the real Mesmer.. so on and so forth… Stop whining.

Learn to play: stay at range HGH and you won’t be harmed. They’d only have pistols at this point, messing with your phantasms. 2500 armor and 18k health is not high. They don’t have heavy defense systems like mesmers. And you can’t be hit by grenades if you stay away.

With engi I always managed to not get killed (even if I had to avoid him being close range myself). With warrior hammer+mace/mace I faced an HGH once. There was no chance… for him. He had to stay near me, but being near me meant getting stunned, knocked and bursted down. Elixir S wasn’t enough.

And mesmers could stack might, vulnerability, and do shatters with more than 3 illusions.

I don’t care about blurred frenzy, but I think you have more tools than other classes in 1v1 fights. I don’t even ask for nerfs: I just want to point out a few things, and tell people they are not the only endangered class.

Oh, and everyone here knows how to spot the right mesmer. It’s you who don’t understand it’s never enough.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I love how people say BF has an 8 sec cd as if mesmers just sat on one weaponset without switching weapons ever.

Mesmer usually spends the majority of his time on staff or greatsword to soften a target and only really uses sword to close a shatter spike with the Swap root.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Funny… because Necromancer has the slowest and most tell-tale abilities in the game… yet I rarely see people dodge it in a group fight…

And Warriors’ Killshot doesn’t seem to be dodged much in a fight either… could it be that we’re not super human enough to look at what direction you’re waving your hand in?

Your complaint seems to be about the dodge system then and not the mesmer. As for iLeap not being relatively slow, I have to disagree.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

… wha… dod…. wa… Are you trolling? I think you’re trolling. You almost got me there by completing ignoring context. Nice one.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Perhaps you need to make your point more clear then. I can only respond to what you write.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Your argument was that Mesmer skills are easily identifiable and dodgeable. My argument was, is in a heated fight, you’ll never have the capability to identify individual animations. That’s why Warrior Killshot can be strong in group fights. That’s also the only way Necromancers land Epidemic.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Yes, in that case, the issue is not the mesmer because it is the same for all classes, which has been my point from the beginning. I really don’t see what you are getting at.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Yes, in that case, the issue is not the mesmer because it is the same for all classes, which has been my point from the beginning. I really don’t see what you are getting at.

You were defending Mesmers based on the belief that these strong skills are ‘easily’ dodged. When I explained that they aren’t, and are infact easier to land than any other skill from any other class. Even if they were slow, they would still be landable.

You obviously have difficulty debating by not understanding the flow of logic from your opponent. Naturally your first defense towards this is ‘then learn to get your point across’. There comes a point in which you must also compromise and learn how to understand an opponent’s point. Which you apparently do not do.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

But you have to keep an aye on the mesmer, the pantasms and the animation. That is what makes burst easier to land.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: ninja.4139

ninja.4139

Varonth.5830:
  • Slight cooldown increase (12-15s)

I think this is the fairest option, although some of the mesmers other skills still need to be buffed to compensate. Maybe another option would be to make the distortion for Blurred frenzy behave differently in that the user can be struck by unblockable attacks, or that the user takes zero damage during the duration. Either way, I’m content with the skill right now. Mesmers needs buffs and nerfs in other areas more (daze in the staff 5 skill is kittening bull kitten)

Varonth.5830:
  • Move to Offhand-Sword #4
  • Move Offhand-Sword #4 to Mainhand-Sword #2

I like this idea, but it would need a serious buff to not make sword mainhand worthless. Right now, it blocks and creates a clone. The clone creation takes about a second leaving you vulnerable to more attacks, which doesn’t really make sense since it’s supposed to be a defensive skill and one block is absolutely nothing. It is worthless offensively too since Mesmers already have plenty of ways to create more clones much faster than that can and without having to rely on the enemy triggering it for you.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

You were defending Mesmers based on the belief that these strong skills are ‘easily’ dodged. When I explained that they aren’t, and are infact easier to land than any other skill from any other class. Even if they were slow, they would still be landable.

You obviously have difficulty debating by not understanding the flow of logic from your opponent. Naturally your first defense towards this is ‘then learn to get your point across’. There comes a point in which you must also compromise and learn how to understand an opponent’s point. Which you apparently do not do.

I said that iLeap is just as easily dodged as other classes. You provided no argument that they are easier to land than other classes. Your argument is that in a hectic fight, slow attacks are harder to avoid. You provided no argument as to what makes the mesmer exceptional in this situation.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I said that iLeap is just as easily dodged as other classes. You provided no argument that they are easier to land than other classes. Your argument is that in a hectic fight, slow attacks are harder to avoid. You provided no argument as to what makes the mesmer exceptional in this situation.

Simply because the Mesmer has stronger nukes, and they’re AoE. iLeap, Blurred Frenzy, Mass-Shatter will cause death 90% of the time, then they can simply Distortion stomp.

That single rotation is what makes them so devastatingly strong compared to other classes. Not nerf-worthy though. Phantasms are the only thing I’d nerf.

Now Rangers, and Thieves on the other hand need a massive nerf-slap.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

What does have to do with how hard they are to avoid compared to other classes’ strong attacks?

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Your argument was that Mesmer skills are easily identifiable and dodgeable. My argument was, is in a heated fight, you’ll never have the capability to identify individual animations. That’s why Warrior Killshot can be strong in group fights. That’s also the only way Necromancers land Epidemic.

I’m sorry. I thought this was your argument. Did you change it or do you believe that iLea kitten omehow harder to avoid during a heated fight than Warriors or Necros?

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

After the nerf to elixir s, and the reasoning behind it, I’m all for a nerf to this.

^

Distortion in general is op.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Does alot more than Warriors or Necromancers, alot more often.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

I see. So your argument has changed. That makes things clearer.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

With the meta the kitten it is (invuln/evade verse condi+CC→spike wars)…
Distortion is fine.

Doesn’t change the fact that the game has many, many, many issues though.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: Kirchhoff.5876

Kirchhoff.5876

Yeah just remove the evade and make the skill do 14k damage that would be a nice fix

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Varonth.5830:

I think this is the fairest option, although some of the mesmers other skills still need to be buffed to compensate. Maybe another option would be to make the distortion for Blurred frenzy behave differently in that the user can be struck by unblockable attacks, or that the user takes zero damage during the duration. Either way, I’m content with the skill right now. Mesmers needs buffs and nerfs in other areas more (daze in the staff 5 skill is kittening bull kitten)

Varonth.5830:

I like this idea, but it would need a serious buff to not make sword mainhand worthless. Right now, it blocks and creates a clone. The clone creation takes about a second leaving you vulnerable to more attacks, which doesn’t really make sense since it’s supposed to be a defensive skill and one block is absolutely nothing. It is worthless offensively too since Mesmers already have plenty of ways to create more clones much faster than that can and without having to rely on the enemy triggering it for you.

Have you seen the cooldown on Staff #5?

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Varonth.5830:

Varonth.5830:

Do not increase the CD at all…. honestly the only reason people are so ticked off about blurred is the red message across their screen “INVULNERABLE” if ANet changes the words to “EVADED” no one would care… It’s semantics… I guarantee that ANet has looked this skill inside and out and if they were going to nerf it it would have happened… Also the daze on staff 5? Seriously your kittening about that? Its one second on an over 30s CD. Most mesmers take staff 5 for the boons it gives them… You are crazy if you think that needs a nerf which BY THE WAY all staff skills have had their cooldowns increased massively since release for Mesmer.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Staff 5 suffers from the same problem as blurred frenzy. It’s just so tempting that players can’t help but run into it.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I propose we leave blurred frenzy as is and instead of nerfing it, let’s just reduce all channeled block skills to 10sec and allow players to continue attacking while blocking.

I mean, how awesome would it be if I could block every attack while I Grenade Barrage + Jumpshot someone!!!! I mean that’s easily 10-14k damage right there, and I really don’t see why I should have to take damage while I do it since Mesmer’s don’t have to. And don’t forget Warriors(!), this kind of change could be the buff they’ve been looking for! Droppin’ burst skills while blocking! kitten yeah!

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

jportell.2197

except a single blurred frenzy never hits for 10-14k ever… Mesmer burst is a series of steps not just aoe spam… sorry mate.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

except a single blurred frenzy never hits for 10-14k ever… Mesmer burst is a series of steps not just aoe spam… sorry mate.

you just reminded me that block skills don’t do damage. we’ll have to compensate for that too. maybe they should reflect all damage without requiring traits.

I say we try it for week or two. see how the ‘meta’ develops and all…

p.s. BF + 2x Shatter will easily hit for 10k damage. Add in an iDuelist or iZerker and, well you get the idea. That also reminds – I need to work a turret into my combo.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

(edited by hackks.3687)

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

For all the people fighting here, I think it might ease the pain a bit when people say “nerf” the skill, they don’t mean to drag it into the ground, stomp on it, and spit on the remains of the skill. They simply mean minor tweaks. In the example of blurred frenzy, that would be:
-12-15s cooldown (still often available) + more damage
-shorter distortion time
-tweak of distortion mechanic to make it a block rather than evade

All of these options can make the skill more balanced without doing something so silly as doubling the cooldown if your skill misses.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

shimmerless.4560

For all the people fighting here, I think it might ease the pain a bit when people say “nerf” the skill, they don’t mean to drag it into the ground, stomp on it, and spit on the remains of the skill. They simply mean minor tweaks. In the example of blurred frenzy, that would be:
-shorter distortion time

All of these options can make the skill more balanced without doing something so silly as doubling the cooldown if your skill misses.

The “distortion” is two seconds long, I’m not sure how much lower you want it to go exactly.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

-shorter distortion time

The “distortion” is two seconds long, I’m not sure how much lower you want it to go exactly.

One second.

The skill would be way more balanced then considering it only has a 10 sec CD. 10% invulnerability uptime by simply using one (!) skill still sounds pretty good to me. Maybe buff some weaker skills to compensate for that if the nerf hits Mesmers too hard.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

shimmerless.4560

-shorter distortion time

One second.

The skill would be way more balanced then considering it only has a 10 sec CD. 10% invulnerability uptime by simply using one (!) skill still sounds pretty good to me. Maybe buff some weaker skills to compensate for that if the nerf hits Mesmers too hard.

One second would be “way more balanced” than two seconds? That seems awfully specific, why is getting rid of the last second so crucial?

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Blackhat.4016

-shorter distortion time

One second.

One second would be “way more balanced” than two seconds? That seems awfully specific, why is getting rid of the last second so crucial?

2 seconds = too much invulnerability for 10 sec CD
0 seconds = dead Mesmer

=> 1 second.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

jportell.2197

-shorter distortion time

One second.

0 seconds = dead Mesmer

=> 1 second.

Here is what the cloth classes have when they fight melee…

D/d ele LOTS of boons
Necro… LOTS of health+life steal
Mesmer>two seconds of invulnerability

I bet more mesmers would love to have the d/d eles boon up time while still doing good damage. Permanent protection… orrrrrr 2 seconds of invuln every 10 seconds… hmmmmmm…. who suffers least in the long run? yeah the one with perma protection…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

shimmerless.4560

Bear in mind that if your full set of “minor tweaks” were implemented, Blurred would be a version of off-sword #4 with the same cooldown, more or less equal damage, no option to deflect the block into a daze and no clone generated on a successful block.

What sounds negligible can fast become drastic changes, the nature of the skill itself would be completely erased.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Blackhat.4016

-shorter distortion time

One second.

0 seconds = dead Mesmer

=> 1 second.

Here is what the cloth classes have when they fight melee…

D/d ele LOTS of boons
Necro… LOTS of health+life steal
Mesmer>two seconds of invulnerability

I bet more mesmers would love to have the d/d eles boon up time while still doing good damage. Permanent protection… orrrrrr 2 seconds of invuln every 10 seconds… hmmmmmm…. who suffers least in the long run? yeah the one with perma protection…

You compare to 2 completely different builds which makes no sense at all. You have permanent protection (which can be removed btw but don’t tell anyone )because you spec for it as an ele. Runes, traits, trait line stats and utility skills. All those things are needed for permanent protection.

As a Mesmer you need nothing besides that one skill for 20% Invulnerability uptime (which equals 6 sec Protection uptime btw. 2 sec 100% reduced damage = 6 sec 33% reduced damage). No runes. No traits. Nothing. And that’s why the skill is too good.

10% Invulnerability uptime sounds fair too me since Mesmers need something to stay alive in a melee fight.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

jportell.2197

Bear in mind that if your full set of “minor tweaks” were implemented, Blurred would be a version of off-sword #4 with the same cooldown, more or less equal damage, no option to deflect the block into a daze and no clone generated on a successful block.

What sounds negligible can fast become drastic changes, the nature of the skill itself would be completely erased.

These people lose to mesmers and think it is all because of one skill… and then get PO’d call the Mesmer a bad class and everyone that plays Mesmer NOOBs and people that can’t play a real class… I don’t even use MH sword currently but I am still against this nerf because I know it will not stop there… because it HAS NOT stopped… the QQers just keep coming….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: Shay.7534

Shay.7534

So basically people want blurred frenzy to be on the level of pistol whip – 0 presence in the game, minus ~1k damage for the same stats on mesmer and 1s invulnerability vs 0.5s stun

Blurred frenzy : 2-3k damage heavy golem with 2204 power , 47% crit chance, 44% crit damage, ogre runes
Pistol whip : 3-4k damage with same stats

Well, i’m relieved now and cheering at your awesome plans. I will go tell all the pistol whip thieves the good news. Where exactly do the pistol whip thieves hang around ?

I pretty much understand where this new wave of rage against mesmers is coming. PVP just got way more popular and people started playing. People that have no idea what their class does even, let alone other classes and mesmer stands to be as the annoying opponent.
Proof is the fact that there are new threads where they actually complain about phantasm mesmer which has been a dead horse since November. Does it even get more sad then this ?

As I said before – almost any class has a good shot at killing mesmer 1v1 except warrior which pretty much dies to everything and to a certain extent necros. Ranger wipes the floor with mesmers. In teamfights we have a slight edge because one good shatter can make a team get in to trouble, but clearly not blurred frenzy is the culprit.

If anything needs nerf is mind wrack on targets except the intended one, at which point our AoE will be pretty much non-existent and we would need some compensation on staff probably.

(edited by Shay.7534)

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Blackhat.4016

Why is everyone starting to go off-topic?

These people lose to mesmers and think it is all because of one skill… and then get PO’d call the Mesmer a bad class and everyone that plays Mesmer NOOBs and people that can’t play a real class… I don’t even use MH sword currently but I am still against this nerf because I know it will not stop there… because it HAS NOT stopped… the QQers just keep coming….

Not sure why you think we lost to a Mesmer because we think a skill a too strong. The rest is just off-topic bs without any meaning for this thread.

So basically people want blurred frenzy to be on the level of pistol whip – 0 presence in the game, minus ~1k damage for the same stats on mesmer and 1s invulnerability vs 0.5s stun

Blurred frenzy : 2-3k damage heavy golem with 2204 power , 47% crit chance, 44% crit damage, ogre runes
Pistol whip : 3-4k damage with same stats

Well, i’m relieved now and cheering at your awesome plans. I will go tell all the pistol whip thieves the good news. Where exactly do the pistol whip thieves hang around ?

I pretty much understand where this new wave of rage against mesmers is coming. PVP just got way more popular and people started playing. People that have no idea what their class does even, let alone other classes and mesmer stands to be as the annoying opponent.
Proof is the fact that there are new threads where they actually complain about phantasm mesmer which has been a dead horse since November. Does it even get more sad then this ?

As I said before – almost any class has a good shot at killing mesmer 1v1 except warrior which pretty much dies to everything and to a certain extent necros. Ranger wipes the floor with mesmers. In teamfights we have a slight edge because one good shatter can make a team get in to trouble, but clearly not blurred frenzy is the culprit.

If anything needs nerf is mind wrack on targets except the intended one, at which point our AoE will be pretty much non-existent and we would need some compensation on staff probably.

I agree that Pistol Whip is pretty weak after the nerf but that’s a completely different topic. If Blurred Frenzy would be as weak the Mesmer would need some kind of buff to compensate for that – like we said before.

The rest is just off-topic again which nobody really cares about.

Tbh I would love to see some good arguments against a nerf here. So far the only thing I see is “you are noobs and have no clue how to balance the game” (uhm.. yeah) or “the Mesmer would be useless without the 2 sec Invulnerability” (no).

Feel free to surprise us with your on-topic arguments!

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: Dest.7410

Dest.7410

Already made a post about that, people have been crying way too much for way too many mesmer abilities. If you are dying to a mesmer because of 2 secs invulnerability, even if he were to stay at sword at all times (which is suicidal btw), it means that you. are. doing. something. very. wrong.

Also, while at it, remove clones/phantasms from the game, because they are hard to deal with. Oh and make sure they remove shatters as well. Oh and please please please, make sure that mesmers get their health reduced to 12-15k max, they are far too hard to kill now apparently. Oh remove blink as well.

This train of thought will go on and on as long as there are people that believe that if something is too good, it should be removed by that class and not added to other classes. Oh wait, what’s that? Perma stealth thieves? Bunker eles? regen rangers? fearbomb/deathshroud necros? pretty much every class has things other classes do not, stop crying about it. Have you ever seen a mesmer ask for nerfs at Ele aoe? Or a mesmer crying because a thief got away, healed up, then killed them? Or when a pet revives the downed ranger and he stomps the mesmer?

Or, dare I say, when half of their abilities are still either bugged/working incorrectly or simply lackluster overall?

Mesmers have seen 8 and a half months of only nerfs (even the buffs we once got were removed pronto). The number of people playing mesmer has decreased up to a point that you rarely find them in PvE at all, in WvW they are portal monkeys and in Spvp they are, oh what? portal monkeys/swiftness providers.

This is the enjoyable class you wonderful whiners have created, little by little. And apparently you won’t rest until mesmer is only an NPC profession, or is erased entirely from the game.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Blackhat.4016

Already made a post about that, people have been crying way too much for way too many mesmer abilities. If you are dying to a mesmer because of 2 secs invulnerability, even if he were to stay at sword at all times (which is suicidal btw), it means that you. are. doing. something. very. wrong.

Also, while at it, remove clones/phantasms from the game, because they are hard to deal with. Oh and make sure they remove shatters as well. Oh and please please please, make sure that mesmers get their health reduced to 12-15k max, they are far too hard to kill now apparently. Oh remove blink as well.

This train of thought will go on and on as long as there are people that believe that if something is too good, it should be removed by that class and not added to other classes. Oh wait, what’s that? Perma stealth thieves? Bunker eles? regen rangers? fearbomb/deathshroud necros? pretty much every class has things other classes do not, stop crying about it. Have you ever seen a mesmer ask for nerfs at Ele aoe? Or a mesmer crying because a thief got away, healed up, then killed them? Or when a pet revives the downed ranger and he stomps the mesmer?

Or, dare I say, when half of their abilities are still either bugged/working incorrectly or simply lackluster overall?

Mesmers have seen 8 and a half months of only nerfs (even the buffs we once got were removed pronto). The number of people playing mesmer has decreased up to a point that you rarely find them in PvE at all, in WvW they are portal monkeys and in Spvp they are, oh what? portal monkeys/swiftness providers.

This is the enjoyable class you wonderful whiners have created, little by little. And apparently you won’t rest until mesmer is only an NPC profession, or is erased entirely from the game.

“you are noobs and have no clue how to balance the game”

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Tbh I would love to see some good arguments against a nerf here. So far the only thing I see is “you are noobs and have no clue how to balance the game” (uhm.. yeah) or “the Mesmer would be useless without the 2 sec Invulnerability” (no).

The arguments made here are more sophisticated than this. However, I suppose you choose this approach because it allows you to dismiss them without considering their points. I’d argue that you are not contributing to the discussion here.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Dest.7410

“you are noobs and have no clue how to balance the game”

Please do tell me about the balancing you have done. I am eager to hear about it.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Wow, the over-reaction of some people …

I’ve only read some of the posts, but from what I gather no-one is asking for a full blown nerf to blurred frenzy. At the most, people are asking for a ‘slight’ cooldown adjustment. Yet the reaction from some of you guys are more like a rant then a logical debate.

Both sides of the coin do have valid points you know, whether people on the other side can see it or not. Personally I’d like to see a longer cooldown if blurred frenzy does not hit anything, but its not game-changing for me in any way. Even if they nerfed blurred frenzy, it wouldn’t be the end of the world for mesmers at all.

Anyway it’d be nice if a developer chimed in and told us why blurred frenzy is the way it is and if it is intended the way it is. It would settle this once and for all.

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

jportell.2197

I’ve only read some of the posts, but from what I gather no-one is asking for a full blown nerf to blurred frenzy. At the most, people are asking for a ‘slight’ cooldown adjustment. Yet the reaction from some of you guys are more like a rant then a logical debate.

Both sides of the coin do have valid points you know, whether people on the other side can see it or not. Personally I’d like to see a longer cooldown if blurred frenzy does not hit anything, but its not game-changing for me in any way. Even if they nerfed blurred frenzy, it wouldn’t be the end of the world for mesmers at all.

Anyway it’d be nice if a developer chimed in and told us why blurred frenzy is the way it is and if it is intended the way it is. It would settle this once and for all.

Do you know why it is the way it is? What boons do mesmers have to protect them in melee? What is their armor? Their health… The other two cloth classes have great ways to survive in melee… Mesmers have this that is all…. Thieves have stealth to help them survive melee mesmers have a fraction of that… Rangers have protection on dodge with no CD (mesmers used to have a protection minor trait butt that was nerfed… gg) Engi’s have several ways to access boons and they have gear shield (if you are talking about melee) plus cc… Warriors and guardians have tons of toughness plus guardians boon removal… Warriors need more help but I know for sure that if you tell a warrior and a Mesmer they have to duke it out melee only the warrior will win… even with blurred frenzy as it is now.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Nerf blurred frenzy?

in PvP

Dest.7410

I’ve only read some of the posts, but from what I gather no-one is asking for a full blown nerf to blurred frenzy.

The ‘Over-reaction’ ,as you have called it, come from being at the receiving end of nerfs since release. I was one of the first people to say ‘ok people, we knew it was broken’ to the izerker ‘fix’ (which utterly broke it), I was one of the first to write the ‘calm down’ messages to raging people during our might nerf, hell, I was one of the people that really tried to bring reason to people ranting about quickness nerf.

Oh, and I am against nerfing overall, I like buffing the lacking better than destroying the exceptional.

Before all the aforementioned nerfs, blurred frenzy was fine(!)

I wonder what has changed between then and now….