Only 23 days left

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Just pointing out that there are 23 days left in ranked season 2.

I know a lot are mad, but I’ve pretty much just given up. I log on and do play every couple of days, but this system and the lack of any substantial support from anet to fix the glaring issues has really just disillusioned me as to what this company will deliver in pvp. My hopes are still high for pve though

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

im having a fantastic time in pvp season 2 rules.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: ibkillin.9610

ibkillin.9610

Well a majority are not having a “fantastic” time and have either given up on pvp or this game all together for at least this season. Say L2P all you want trolls…

Only 23 days left

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Well a majority are not having a “fantastic” time and have either given up on pvp or this game all together for at least this season. Say L2P all you want trolls…

the people on the forums are not the majority. They are the vocal minority.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

I used to tell my friends, hey you should play gw2 with me, the game’s pvp system is kittening awesome, it’s a skill based and reaction time pvp, not gears dependent like some korean MMO. After HOT, I’m ashamed for promoting the game to my friends because pvp scene is becoming so frustrating, it’s not enjoyable anymore.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Well a majority are not having a “fantastic” time

as it should be since the majority are not a high rank/high mmr material

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

Im having a great time…. Everyone here just thinks that everyone hates this season because most people dont come here unless they are complaining about something

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

Only 23 days left

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Im having a great time…. Everyone here just thinks that everyone hates this season because most people dont come here unless they are complaining about something

at least someone else gets it.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

I am rather enjoying myself this season tyvm, and to be honest I found I learned ALOT. Matured as a pvper (some what :P ), and became better for it.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

A person’s view on whether s2 is based on whether they are playing one of the OP classes and if MMR is on their side.

If true to both, you are loving it.

If false to one or both, you are hating it.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

A person’s view on whether s2 is based on whether they are playing one of the OP classes and if MMR is on their side.

If true to both, you are loving it.

If false to one or both, you are hating it.

This.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Hey folks, you can stop white knighting already, Dev’s already admitted to recognizing some problem with this season.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

still ISO TCG vs 55 match

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

People gotta understand that the Devs giving props to a guy’s analysis on the problems with S2 matchmaking doesn’t legitimize every loss as a matchmaking problem.

To recap, Evan Lesh acknowledged the thread where the OP made a really great model, the highlight takeaway being that Glicko barely even adjusts your rating if you are constantly fighting matchups with a big discrepancy in skill, so it’s very inefficient to get out of low MMR in your PIP range.

The modeled 4.5% of the people who have tanked MMR in their PIP range (from memory) are not really given equal opportunity to get out, because Glicko only cares to adjust your rating a respectable amount for matches that are evenly matched, and determine skill.

This is the kitten problem.

If you’re trading wins, and come on the forums to complain that MMR isn’t on your side, and S2 sux, well, probably people will say it’s totally on you.

Shout out to the minority who are in the pit and experience huge loss streaks, ArenaNet needs to safeguard and prevent that from happening.

Tips:

Take breaks, do not queue into repeated losses. Try and lose people who you encounter that are practically on the enemy’s side.

Never do your off-class profession achievements all at once.

Play on peak hours as much as possible.

If life can allow you to do these things, you pretty much have a workaround to the S2 big issue. Other than those failings that the minority is caught up by, I’m sure the silent majority things S2 >S1 for sure. I don’t need to point out many other improvements made in S2, but I imagine S3 will plug that up.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Only 23 days left

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Working ok for me I guess….

Attachments:

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

OK, in what sense?

In terms of league progress it’s working for you.
In terms of good PvP matches, absolutely no way, this has fail all over it.

Four of your games were complete write offs which mmr should never have created. You have another five games that were varying levels of domination, not competition. The only game on that list that could even be CONSIDERED a good game was the one finishing 381 – 500, but even then you won by a clear margin.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

People gotta understand that the Devs giving props to a guy’s analysis on the problems with S2 matchmaking doesn’t legitimize every loss as a matchmaking problem.

To recap, Evan Lesh acknowledged the thread where the OP made a really great model, the highlight takeaway being that Glicko barely even adjusts your rating if you are constantly fighting matchups with a big discrepancy in skill, so it’s very inefficient to get out of low MMR in your PIP range.

The modeled 4.5% of the people who have tanked MMR in their PIP range (from memory) are not really given equal opportunity to get out, because Glicko only cares to adjust your rating a respectable amount for matches that are evenly matched, and determine skill.

If you’re trading wins, and come on the forums to complain that MMR isn’t on your side, and S2 sux, well, probably people will say it’s totally on you.

Shout out to the minority who are in the pit and experience huge loss streaks, ArenaNet needs to safeguard and prevent that from happening.

Tips:

Take breaks, do not queue into repeated losses. Try and lose people who you encounter that are practically on the enemy’s side.

If life can allow you to do these things, you pretty much have a workaround to the S2 big issue. Other than those failings that the minority is caught up by, I’m sure the silent majority things S2 >S1 for sure. I don’t need to point out many other improvements made in S2, but I imagine S3 will plug that up.

S2 was not an improvement to S1. The improvement was to eliminate the bunker Mesmer/condi rev spam we saw in S1. The actual season wasn’t a big improvement.

The problem in general is that matchmaking is bad. Watch the video of the guy who made it to legend and shows the screen for every one of his games. I consider a good game where the winning team doesn’t win by more than 100.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Tips:

S2 was not an improvement to S1. The improvement was to eliminate the bunker Mesmer/condi rev spam we saw in S1. The actual season wasn’t a big improvement.

The problem in general is that matchmaking is bad. Watch the video of the guy who made it to legend and shows the screen for every one of his games. I consider a good game where the winning team doesn’t win by more than 100.

How quickly we forget Amber shopping/group MMR tanking, or being able to be in the Legendary division by grinding enemies no stronger than average MMR.

Season 2 in my subjective opinion was two steps forward, one step back, (mmr hell for the 5% of players who endlessly lose games) but still what I consider a huge improvement for fixing loopholes and moving towards divisions reflecting skill better.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Only 23 days left

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

OK, in what sense?

In terms of league progress it’s working for you.
In terms of good PvP matches, absolutely no way, this has fail all over it.

Four of your games were complete write offs which mmr should never have created. You have another five games that were varying levels of domination, not competition. The only game on that list that could even be CONSIDERED a good game was the one finishing 381 – 500, but even then you won by a clear margin.

I was 1v2 ing in all those matches and winning. I’ll post another screen shot tonight. I get that alot of those are blowouts but if I’m able to win 1v2s then I don’t belong in that division anyway so I’m rising a bit quicker than others…. makes sense to me. I’m sure it will stop in diamond.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

The vocal minority is only a minority, cuz the rest of our majority, who were upset, demoralized and simply not having fun because of the unenjoyable experience which the new system (i.e., winners w/ winners against losers and losers w/ losers against winners – gee, guess who will win?) inflicted upon them have already quit the game … hence long queues anyway and lower base.

I would suggest to all of u that think its my skill that stuck my in emerald w/ a 100+ losing streak (in ruby now), that its the system which carried you to where u don’t belong either.

Glad ur all having fun tho! Come on my account, and see how fun it is – even w/ u playing, doing ur best – I already have seen pros try to help and they say the team support is abysmal once mmr gets tanked. So yah, um, real fun.

And besides, even if ur having fun, and the majority of players are having fun (which I don’t believe – I believe that is actually the vocal minority made up of system-carried wannabees), why should anyone on this game not have fun. Its a game. Its supposed to be fun. I paid my money, just like each of you. I was told it would be fair, balanced pvp competition (as it was in gw1). I want fun. Why has any system been designed to punish any player, especially those suffering long losing streaks? How is that fun? Why should they have to go thru that when it is advertised as being fun – not a demoralizing downward grind?

Get over yourselves. People are legitimately complaining (yes, in here) about a serious problem in matchmaking which has ruined the pvp experience for them. Anet is aware, and is hopefully correcting everything (I have faith in them) for seas 3 and thereafter.

In the meantime, if your having fun …. go do it. Go play the game have fun and shut up and empathize once in awhile with ppl having the completely opposite experience. Stop trolling in here, rubbing losing players noses into the ground further. Its not nice.

If you want to state that your having fun fine. Support Anet. I do, I love the game. I buy endlessly. I support good decisions and recommend the game to friends.

But in the process of stating how much fun youre having (and I believe it, cuz the system is skewed), you don’t need to go the extra step and attempt to ridiculously discredit all of the people having zero fun. Even if players losing streaks are 100% their own faults (which is absolutely stupid to believe), letting them know how kitten a player they are doesn’t help. I’m pretty sure us losers all get it. I’m pretty sure we’ve heard all of your uni-messages (like a broken record with only one message) – we suck, and you don’t. You belong where you are and we belong where we are – only you’re having fun and we’re not. GJ! And gg!

Only 23 days left

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

The vocal minority is only a minority, cuz the rest of our majority, who were upset, demoralized and simply not having fun because of the unenjoyable experience which the new system (i.e., winners w/ winners against losers and losers w/ losers against winners – gee, guess who will win?) inflicted upon them have already quit the game … hence long queues anyway and lower base.

I would suggest to all of u that think its my skill that stuck my in emerald w/ a 100+ losing streak (in ruby now), that its the system which carried you to where u don’t belong either.

Glad ur all having fun tho! Come on my account, and see how fun it is – even w/ u playing, doing ur best – I already have seen pros try to help and they say the team support is abysmal once mmr gets tanked. So yah, um, real fun.

And besides, even if ur having fun, and the majority of players are having fun (which I don’t believe – I believe that is actually the vocal minority made up of system-carried wannabees), why should anyone on this game not have fun. Its a game. Its supposed to be fun. I paid my money, just like each of you. I was told it would be fair, balanced pvp competition (as it was in gw1). I want fun. Why has any system been designed to punish any player, especially those suffering long losing streaks? How is that fun? Why should they have to go thru that when it is advertised as being fun – not a demoralizing downward grind?

Get over yourselves. People are legitimately complaining (yes, in here) about a serious problem in matchmaking which has ruined the pvp experience for them. Anet is aware, and is hopefully correcting everything (I have faith in them) for seas 3 and thereafter.

In the meantime, if your having fun …. go do it. Go play the game have fun and shut up and empathize once in awhile with ppl having the completely opposite experience. Stop trolling in here, rubbing losing players noses into the ground further. Its not nice.

If you want to state that your having fun fine. Support Anet. I do, I love the game. I buy endlessly. I support good decisions and recommend the game to friends.

But in the process of stating how much fun youre having (and I believe it, cuz the system is skewed), you don’t need to go the extra step and attempt to ridiculously discredit all of the people having zero fun. Even if players losing streaks are 100% their own faults (which is absolutely stupid to believe), letting them know how kitten a player they are doesn’t help. I’m pretty sure us losers all get it. I’m pretty sure we’ve heard all of your uni-messages (like a broken record with only one message) – we suck, and you don’t. You belong where you are and we belong where we are – only you’re having fun and we’re not. GJ! And gg!

Actually I’ve said multiple times I’m not a great player. But that only makes me more confident when I say alot of these players that say they are in MMR hell probably belong in the division they are in….. If I’m able to do what I’m doing in these games than the people I’m playing against probably aren’t good and it becomes pretty obvious when they can’t figure out to dodge glint elite. Or they unload on me when I hit glint heal…. I can keep going…. but I think it’s pointless.

Some of you may have legitimate cases where maybe you are getting screwed with teammates and opponents and whatnot….. but I bet it’s more of a one guy said it now every says it type of thing.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Only one game ended with the losing side having more than 300 points.

Keep thinking that S2 match making is working ok, kiddo.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Tips:

How quickly we forget Amber shopping/group MMR tanking, or being able to be in the Legendary division by grinding enemies no stronger than average MMR.

Season 2 in my subjective opinion was two steps forward, one step back, (mmr hell for the 5% of players who endlessly lose games) but still what I consider a huge improvement for fixing loopholes and moving towards divisions reflecting skill better.

I originally thought season 2 was going to be good and it was up until mid Sapphire, but I hit Ruby a few days ago and win/loss/win/loss has been replaced with loss/loss/loss and I’ve strictly been queuing for the past week. Since there aren’t enough players to justify the current system and continuous losing drives players away I don’t like the idea anymore. I think division loss needs implementing but only after a complete MMR reset where people can actually go where they belong again. Problem with MMR in a team based game is you get paired with those of similar rating so even after you improve loads and get in lots of reading and practice your teammates won’t necessarily. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing if your opposing teams are of similar rating since you’d be the carry but if you’re facing drastically better teams some of whom you even win 1v1’s against on point while your teammates just melt vs. those same people you know you’re underrated.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Division doesn’t really reflect skill all that well though, depending on what timezone you play you can have utterly trash diamond/legendary players and all you really do is beat them to move up.

I mean sure on average the higher the division you go, the better the player but it is not necessarily true that a legendary player is better than a ruby player at first glance and even in this system it is entirely possible to grind as an average MMR players to legend.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

What people are forgetting is that S2 is a lot Harder to play than S1’s bunkish “carry due to not dying” builds. S1 might as well be a completely different game than S2.

S2 is a lot more difficult. You have classes that completely counter another class, team comps that only work if synchronized, while other team comps are easier to snowball due to their sustains complementing one another; a more forgiving strategy.

TL;DR
… people are running off to Home or Far or Mid with 0 map awareness, while complaining that their team isn’t carrying their own weight on other points…. People are so un-vocal, unsyncronized, and constantly over-commits (going far when they have 2 points, ignoring thief/mesmer/engi backcaps, etc) with 0 strategy in their playstyles.

Yes, S2 is indeed more difficult and players complaining about their “mmr hell” really do belong in the Division they’re stuck in… it’s the ugly truth.

That’s not to say matchmaking and game balances isn’t needed. It very much is, but it isn’t the sole reason players are having a difficult time with their Division. It’s just an excuse that’s very easy to use.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Actually I’ve said multiple times I’m not a great player. But that only makes me more confident when I say alot of these players that say they are in MMR hell probably belong in the division they are in….. If I’m able to do what I’m doing in these games than the people I’m playing against probably aren’t good and it becomes pretty obvious when they can’t figure out to dodge glint elite. Or they unload on me when I hit glint heal…. I can keep going…. but I think it’s pointless.

Some of you may have legitimate cases where maybe you are getting screwed with teammates and opponents and whatnot….. but I bet it’s more of a one guy said it now every says it type of thing.

I’m currently mid-diamond, a friend is now legendary. We qued a 27 losses 3 wins phase in Sapphire. (not a personal attack) By the logic of the forums we should both be Sapphire tier players and need to l2p.

This is not a system that works.

If we were casual we wouldn’t have pushed.

(again, not a personal attack) I know a lot of people on here think ‘git gud’ is the answer to most of the complaints but really, if the system was working as intended there wouldn’t be this many complaints. It would be fantastic if people would take a step back from their own experience and look at the sheer amount of complaints and perhaps, even just a little, give some thought to that ‘ya, maybe this system is broken’.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

OK, in what sense?

snip.

Leagues Progress

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: BloodriverTim.2031

BloodriverTim.2031

Stop arguing with NeXeD, he is a troll. We know the problems and “advantages” of this season. He is on the “good” side of the MMR spiral and he is baiting you all into arguing with him.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

at least someone else gets it.

^ This. But it’s also because there’s a bigger divide between winners and losers than there has been and the people who have been losing are losing hard. Hence the very…loud forums.

I’ve enjoyed this season much more than S1, but I’m also playing a class that’s been buffed since then (Thief) and I’ve had a higher win ratio than I think I ever have had before.

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Alhadin.4032

Alhadin.4032

From your screenshot: not evan one good close match.

Thats exactly why I stopped playing this “pvp” I want back my close win/loose 500-490 not this crap 500-23 :-((

Only 23 days left

in PvP

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

After three games in a row of “we win mid and home YAY” but then they decide “lets triple cap with far!” then four of them go far and I’m forced to pick to 1v1 on home or 1v1 on mid while I wait for my stupid teammates to come back… Usually they don’t and I end up 2v1’d lose both home/mid and we snowball into a loss from there…

Am I salty? Just a little bit… If your winning the mid/home fights you don’t push far… Don’t fix what isn’t broken… Stupid people grumble grumble bad sorry pieces of mumble grumble go back to wow stupid sigh… I give up…

Only 23 days left

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Stop arguing with NeXeD, he is a troll. We know the problems and “advantages” of this season. He is on the “good” side of the MMR spiral and he is baiting you all into arguing with him.

Funny none of the real vets of pvp seem to be arguing with me……