in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

on the flip side you go from 10% to 100% hitpoints in 4 seconds :p

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

The point being that all those actions are active decisions. The player has to do something to achieve those results. They cannot occur automatically and are not aided by AI.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

At this point after 1400 tournament games and 3 champion class titles I am completely sick of passive benefits from traits and “skills” that give people an advantage by doing nothing but activate or not activate a skill.

I think traits need to be a series of active choices to choose from. More like Improvisation (steal recharges utilities) than Dagger Training (5% damage from daggers).

Signets, Spirits, Minions, and all other set and forget utilities ought to be reworked to be viable only in PvE.

I believe that the person who knows how to position, use active skills, and win through proper use of team work and tactics without riding passive bonuses ought to be the winner.

When two spirit rangers, two aoe spammers, and a guardian dominate matches that is complete garbage. They are not good players – they have lazy but strong builds.

I want active traits and utilities for every profession in PvP and all the passive junk put into PvE, where that kind of thing is needed to scale with enemy mobs.

Shove that thinking, that believing, and that wanting right back up your bum where it came from. My ranger has been nerfed enough in PVE and WvW because you and other Pvpers QQ’ing like jackwagons. That it is kitten ing me off that you QQ for nerfs like a Whiney bee with a bad itch instead of adapting and getting better. L2P or GTFO.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

At this point after 1400 tournament games and 3 champion class titles I am completely sick of passive benefits from traits and “skills” that give people an advantage by doing nothing but activate or not activate a skill.

I think traits need to be a series of active choices to choose from. More like Improvisation (steal recharges utilities) than Dagger Training (5% damage from daggers).

Signets, Spirits, Minions, and all other set and forget utilities ought to be reworked to be viable only in PvE.

I believe that the person who knows how to position, use active skills, and win through proper use of team work and tactics without riding passive bonuses ought to be the winner.

When two spirit rangers, two aoe spammers, and a guardian dominate matches that is complete garbage. They are not good players – they have lazy but strong builds.

I want active traits and utilities for every profession in PvP and all the passive junk put into PvE, where that kind of thing is needed to scale with enemy mobs.

Shove that thinking, that believing, and that wanting right back up your bum where it came from. My ranger has been nerfed enough in PVE and WvW because you and other Pvpers QQ’ing like jackwagons. That it is kitten ing me off that you QQ for nerfs like a Whiney bee with a bad itch instead of adapting and getting better. L2P or GTFO.

The best part was when he said he was a thief..
Guess what was fotm for the longest time?
Seems like someone’s a little annoyed that it’s not the case anymore.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Look dude that is way beyond acceptable.

You just read the part about rangers and got mad, because you apparently didn’t read that I didn’t want anything touched in PvE or WvW. I don’t care about those and if Anet had any sense they’d balance those differently so that it didn’t shaft you when they make balance changes.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Kill sun spirit = no dps

Kill stone spirit = no protection

If anything the ranger is being rewarded for your passive play, hope this is helpful.

Phaatonn, London UK

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Completely agree with this. The perfect example of something that is nearly the complete opposite of being active is spirit ranger. Spam 1 on your shortbow and if they get close just activate all spirits! You’ve now played this class to near optimization grats. Skill needs to be a more emphasized part of the game. And if simple builds are to stay in, they shouldn’t be the strongest builds.

Yeah Ranger keeps getting lazier and lazier. If they aren’t riding their pet, they’re riding spirits. Signets and traits remove conditions better than anyone without having to worry about it.

When you don’t have to use your utilities at all and other professions have to bring Lyssa runes or certain utilities just to survive long enough to contribute there’s a serious problem.

Why yes rangers must be lazy for attempting and using builds that work or stand a chance in 1v1 and group settings. Balthazar forbid we are actually able to do or beat anything. Instead we should clearly just all use the pig pet and be forced to fight with whatever it drops in order to keep the fight “active” enough.

While we have a nice CD removal if traited for it, it still works on a cooldown so if your just spamming conditions at the start like confetti then I think its perfectly reasonable that it can be removed.

In terms of spirits. Kill them, then the ranger.

And I would disagree with the not using of utilities. Passive utilities have an active and have times when the active is useful at the cost of the passive (accept when traited on an ele) and I find it unlikely that most people running signets or spirits/minions and not using the utilities are succeeding on a regular basis.

Hyperbole much?

I never said Rangers need to be nerfed into oblivion. I just want them and any other spec that relies on passive bonuses to actually earn their productivity by using their utilities and weapons skillfully.

I can respect Rangers who run traps or power builds. They have to actually time their skills and utilities. They aren’t going to survive if they don’t.

But when you get empathic bond that requires no effort, signets that require little effort, and spirits that require almost no effort, and you can play better, because of the spec, than entire professions played by skilled players using a single target strategy that is complete garbage.

Rofl, So you respect Power Builds and Trap Builds more then Spirit Builds and Signet Bunker Builds

A. Most Power Builds are going to be using Signets just like Bunker Builds, Cause there is virtually nothing else they can use on a Ranger other then Signets…. Chances are if you’re a Power Build, you have 30 in Marksman which means you have Signet of Beastmaster, which means you might actually pop one of your signets every now and again.

B. Trap Builds are virtually the same as spirit builds, in fact a Trap Build is vastly easier to play then a Spirit Build, I basically just spam a GTAE when its up, Its no different from a Grenade Engineer which also takes zero skill (Like a Elementalist also takes zero skill, and anyone who thinks a Thief remotely takes any skill is out of his kitten mind)

At least with a Spirit Build I actually have to some what time when I use my abilities so an enemy is standing in the area…

C. Do you know why Rangers run Signets in the first place? and why they require “no effort” as you put it…Because Traps Require a 30 point investment in Skirmishing, Spirits require a 30 point investment in Natures, Our Pets shouts are just as bad, In fact to make Guard somewhat useful, it requires 30 points in Natures, Sic’EM is god awful and will end so no one likes using it, esp after the pet damage nerf, and Protect Me is basically only used on Glass Cannon Builds because there is no point in killing your pet on any other build. That Leaves signets and our utility skills, Muddy Terrain no one runs because its got an obscene cast time that’s un workable, Lightning Reflex/Sharpening Stones are actually used, but only on very specific builds. So that leaves basically Signets.

As a BM Bunker Ranger, you have no choice on using your signets, The only one you use is the Cure Condition one because Signet of the Wild/Signet of the Hunt/and Signet of Stone have no effect on the ranger what so ever..I would love to use those Signets and take a hit, but i’m not investing 30 points into the power line just to get the benefit of every other class.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

lol just summoning spirits, healing, and weapon attacks are the laziest way to play i’ve seen on this game. There is no argument anybody can make otherwise.

Ele and Thief takes zero skill? They are the squishiest classes in the game if you aren’t on top of your game you will get slaughtered. They start with 10k health and have to actually press buttons to heal themselves, with an s.

A Thief and Ele, btw, have to work their butts off to get the same results as an AFK Ranger

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Yes I agree, we should remove all passives from the game.
Like passive initiative regen, and all traits~!

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

lol just summoning spirits, healing, and weapon attacks are the laziest way to play i’ve seen on this game. There is no argument anybody can make otherwise.

Ele and Thief takes zero skill? They are the squishiest classes in the game if you aren’t on top of your game you will get slaughtered. They start with 10k health and have to actually press buttons to heal themselves, with an s.

A Thief and Ele, btw, have to work their butts off to get the same results as an AFK Ranger

Yeah, except for the part where thieves can spam immunity every 4 seconds with black powder and stealth.

But keep pretending as all thieves do that stealth has got counters.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Rayean.8726

Rayean.8726

I wrote up a rather lengthy response to this but decided it’s not really worth the time to respond to a troll. That ‘A Thief and Ele, btw, have to work their butts off to get the same results as an AFK Ranger’ comment though….that was pretty dang funny!

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Okay all you people that think you know thief and QQ that stealth is OP listen up.

Physics exist in this game. If someone black powders and stealths they did not just teleport across the map. They did not just get a distortion effect like Mesmers do. They simply took a step toward where they did heartseeker.

If you know that, then you know that attacking that area will do damage to them. Also, stealth sets up backstab and other types of attacks, so are you really going to stand still and give a thief exactly what they want, an immobile target ready to get crushed?

You’re better off running around in circles and typing out /say “TROLOL”. If you people really knew what you were doing you would already know how to kite and troll a thief using stealth.

Now if they take the 50% movement speed in stealth trait it won’t matter what you do because they get a speed boost from being in stealth, but they have to give up damage to do that so a lot of thieves pass on it. They can take signet of shadows, but again they’re passing up Assassin’s signet to get the crazy damage.

You counter stealth by thinking like they do. Where do they want to go? You AoE Shadow Refuge, Whirling Blade on Guardian, 100B on Warrior, Arcing Shot, using GS 5 on mesmers knocks them out of it and puts them in reveal, launching, knockbacks…

Its not that hard. If you played thief for more than a couple matches you’d know that.

Note: If you are playing against a good team they will know all of these things and if you are not careful they will train you, stealth or no stealth. Good players look for thieves coming out of stealth because they know he’s squishy. They save their CC for those moments. Sometimes about one second after I came out of stealth an ele updrafts me, which would be lethal if I didn’t shadow step out of it.

Shadow openers, again, are not that strong either. There are only three points on the map. Mid point is almost always where the action is. Forest teams like to cross, so it makes sense to wait a bit before going mid. Even if they dump all over one person at your home point, they prolly have 2 or 3 people against one, which favors you at mid if they were stupid enough to send their bunker there alone. Not being able to see the opponent is a very good way to start, but it’s not like these matches are over in 1 minute. A good team can regroup if they get punked off the bat.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Celebratty.1632

Okay all you people that think you know thief and QQ that stealth is OP listen up.

Physics exist in this game. If someone black powders and stealths they did not just teleport across the map. They did not just get a distortion effect like Mesmers do. They simply took a step toward where they did heartseeker.

If you know that, then you know that attacking that area will do damage to them. Also, stealth sets up backstab and other types of attacks, so are you really going to stand still and give a thief exactly what they want, an immobile target ready to get crushed?

You’re better off running around in circles and typing out /say “TROLOL”. If you people really knew what you were doing you would already know how to kite and troll a thief using stealth.

Now if they take the 50% movement speed in stealth trait it won’t matter what you do because they get a speed boost from being in stealth, but they have to give up damage to do that so a lot of thieves pass on it. They can take signet of shadows, but again they’re passing up Assassin’s signet to get the crazy damage.

You counter stealth by thinking like they do. Where do they want to go? You AoE Shadow Refuge, Whirling Blade on Guardian, 100B on Warrior, Arcing Shot, using GS 5 on mesmers knocks them out of it and puts them in reveal, launching, knockbacks…

Its not that hard. If you played thief for more than a couple matches you’d know that.

So this went from a ‘SOMETHING I CANT KILL IS OP’ thread to a ‘Thieves are balanced and easily countered!’ thread?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I wrote up a rather lengthy response to this but decided it’s not really worth the time to respond to a troll. That ‘A Thief and Ele, btw, have to work their butts off to get the same results as an AFK Ranger’ comment though….that was pretty dang funny!

Beyond funny. I actually had sprite come out of my nose from that comment. Good things my laptop is covered, otherwise I could have ruined the keyboard from that laughter.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Notice how you respond to a thief by actually doing something. You have to think and react. Quickly.

If you don’t that guy is going to tear your guts out and probably laugh at you.

I don’t care if people who don’t think believe Thieves are OP they are just easy targets and will never be a challenge in tPvP. That’s what hotjoins are for.

But back to the working for the same results, moving in and out of stealth to kill spirits while the AFK ranger spams burn fields and dances in circles, with no stun breaks, and then targeting the guy takes a lot longer than it should. A S/D thief can punk him, sure. They can steal every protection proc away from the guy and dodge their attacks that would stack burns if they didn’t.

But that’s the battle of cheesers and I hate playing that way. Evade spamming vs. AFK evade spamming passive spirit carry. Is that what this game is supposed to be about?

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

RyuDragnier.9476

Notice how you respond to a thief by actually doing something. You have to think and react. Quickly.

I don’t care if people who don’t think believe Thieves are OP they are just easy targets and will never be a challenge in tPvP. That’s what hotjoins are for.

But back to the working for the same results, moving in and out of stealth to kill spirits while the AFK ranger spams burn fields and dances in circles, with no stun breaks, and then targeting the guy takes a lot longer than it should. A S/D thief can punk him, sure. They can steal every protection proc away from the guy and dodge their attacks that would stack burns if they didn’t.

But that’s the battle of cheesers and I hate playing that way. Evade spamming vs. AFK evade spamming passive spirit carry. Is that what this game is supposed to be about?

…See my picture for the response to the word AFK.

Attachments:

[hS]

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Celebratty.1632

I don’t think you know what that word means…
And this game is entirely about evasion, whether you like this or not. If you don’t like it, this really is the wrong game for you to be playing.
You’re painting this like its so hard to fight a spirit ranger while they just sit there and get free glory. You have to kill him while gasp dodging out of his aoes, stealing his boons or dancing around killing his spirits? I seriously can’t tell what you’re complaining about here, the fact that you have to fight him a certain way because he’ll stomp you if you ignore his spirits, protection and aoes?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Sarcasm dude. When something is that easy to play you might as well be alt+tabbing and watching Hannah Montana

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

And this game is entirely about evasion, whether you like this or not. If you don’t like it, this really is the wrong game for you to be playing.
You’re painting this like its so hard to fight a spirit ranger while they just sit there and get free glory. You have to kill him while gasp dodging out of his aoes, stealing his boons or dancing around killing his spirits? I seriously can’t tell what you’re complaining about here, the fact that you have to fight him a certain way because he’ll stomp you if you ignore his spirits, protection and aoes?

It. Requires. No. Skill

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

RyuDragnier.9476

Sarcasm dude. When something is that easy to play you might as well be alt+tabbing and watching Hannah Montana

If you think Ranger is easy to play, then by all means make your own ranger with a spirit build, try it out, and THEN come back to us and tell us how it is. Don’t just complain about it when you haven’t even tried to do it yourself to see if it easily done or not.

[hS]

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Celebratty.1632

It. Requires. No. Skill

Pretty sure you’re trolling at this point.
“Wah I can’t kill him when I stand in his aoes and ignore his spirits! It clearly requires no skill!”

It requires a large amount of maintenance. You lose all your utilities but heal for the spirits, and you have to spec into them specifically. You have to micro your spirit skills, because they have very high cooldowns and you don’t want to waste an immobilize/burst/chill/etc. Also keeping them out of aoes and using them to absorb BS isn’t easy.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

You get a free cooldown when they die and you can use them while they live. You effectively get a great passive bonus, and two equally great active bonus for just casting a single utility x3.

It’s not hard to figure out when to use it. You use Quicksand and the chill when they get close and move away from them if you’re ranged. You blind them if you know they’re about to use something that hurts. If they’re attacking your nature renewal spirit you use your wolf to fear them, switch to another fear pet and do it again.

It is so mindless and easy compared to positioning, rotation understanding, use of CC, etc.

I’m not trolling I want those players to earn their place not ride a spec and get rewarded for doing hardly anything at all.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Celebratty.1632

You get a free cooldown when they die and you can use them while they live. You effectively get a great passive bonus, and two equally great active bonus for just casting a single utility x3.

It’s not hard to figure out when to use it. You use Quicksand and the chill when they get close and move away from them if you’re ranged. You blind them if you know they’re about to use something that hurts. If they’re attacking your nature renewal spirit you use your wolf to fear them, switch to another fear pet and do it again.

It is so mindless and easy compared to positioning, rotation understanding, use of CC, etc.

What in the motherkitten kind of rocket science are you doing for positioning and cc when that isn’t considered it?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

- Pretending to leave a point then coming back in stealth to gib someone who thinks they’re safe.
- Using high ground to get easy attacks on a melee class, letting them get the high ground and shooting them, making them chase me in circles without getting hit.
- Interrupting heals and channels.
- Using snares in Earth to set up Burning Speed in Fire on D/D which any Ele can tell you is not easy to do if you’re new at it b/c of how the distance you have to travel is precise.
- Using updraft on people trying to jump over the houses to the clocktower on Kyhlo.
- Using knockbacks when they’re low at the treb to get an instant kill.
- Juking with savage leap on warrior across elevations to close gaps / exit
- Shadow Refuging when in stealth away from me so I can get them to chase if I know they suck, but only if I have a cooldown reduction on it.
- Stacking knockbacks after making Guardians waste their cooldowns on Engi, decapping a point they’re actively defending
- Waiting until people have wasted their dodges before unloading burst
- Immobilizing people right after they finish their dodge so it’s impossible to miss
- Stun locking a thief in stealth with mace shield on Warrior when I know where he is, usually gibbing him.

Some examples

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Celebratty.1632

I just can’t.. I can’t do this.

l2p. That’s all I can say to someone this delusional.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

RyuDragnier.9476

He’s just going to complain and not bother making a ranger with a spirit build to actually see whether it requires skill or not, celebratty. There’s no point to begin with to argue with somebody who is that hardheaded. Besides, I bet he’s one of the people who thinks that Warriors are OP in PvP. rolls eyes

[hS]

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Warriors are not OP at all lol. 1v1 they can be incredible, but the utility is not going to be there without drastic changes.

How would I know anything about it if I didn’t know what it was or how to run it? You guys are amazing

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Rangers literally just cast their heal, take certain skills and traits, and dance around like ponies. l

tell Anet to give us something better than SB,if a condi/control weapon have more dps than a supossed DPS WEapon, it is clear than something is wrong…………

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

@jmatb.6307 What class do you play.

“I’m not trolling I want those players to earn their place not ride a spec and get rewarded for doing hardly anything at all.”

Stop ignoring fact you made a thread cause your having problem’s vs a few spec’s. This to me sounds like you have nearly no idea how to play your own class let alone how the classes beating you are played.

Go make a threat asking how to counter these builds your having problems against and learn how to play.

I would be happy to join you in the mist and teach you.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

This coming from an “elite player” whose team runs two necros, two spirit rangers, and a guardian.

Sure, hit me up I want to put together a team of faceroll specs and call ourselves Team Cheese Squad

I know AoE is what you do to stop Spirit Rangers. The damage simultaneously drops the spirits, then you focus the elite, and then drop the ranger when they have nothing left.

I don’t want to play like that though. AoE is not challenging at all. I want to beat someone with skill, not spamming AoE from Necros, Engis, or spam evades with S/D.

When you have to target an area to beat one guy it’s complete garbage.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’m not trolling I want those players to earn their place not ride a spec and get rewarded for doing hardly anything at all.

There’s no other pet that fears, idiot.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Might as well be with Nightmare runes. I mistook fear for immobilize on the dog w/e.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

This coming from an “elite player” whose team runs two necros, two spirit rangers, and a guardian.

Sure, hit me up I want to put together a team of faceroll specs and call ourselves Team Cheese Squad

I know AoE is what you do to stop Spirit Rangers. The damage simultaneously drops the spirits, then you focus the elite, and then drop the ranger when they have nothing left.

I don’t want to play like that though. AoE is not challenging at all. I want to beat someone with skill, not spamming AoE from Necros, Engis, or spam evades with S/D.

I do agree that there is too much AoE in this game, and some abilities are way too spammable. But with all of the talk of these “OP” builds, I’m a little curious.

What is the point of running an inferior build? Are we all supposed to kitten our team builds in order to say we take more “skill”?

You shouldn’t be saying: “Yeah we’re really the better team, but because you guys ran faceroll builds you won.” because everyone has access to these skills. You could have just as easily taken the same classes, and because you’re more “skillful”, won.

There is still a vast skill difference between the teams running these so called OP builds.

So you’re complaining about things being OP but refuse to take counters to them. Isn’t countering other teams strategies a good way of measuring your own ability to adapt to situations?

(edited by Elegant Avenger.8042)

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

and click on my various utilities.

Well there’s your problem.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

swiftpaw.6397

All I see is someone who is exceptionally angry he’s stumbled upon a class that beats the ever living pulp out of him and he cant figure out how to counter it. Already I’ve seen some people even in hotfixes use their brains, adapt and do some exceptionally good counters that have either destroyed the ranger or put him under alot of pressure and causing him to run, including low ranks. If you cannot do that, all I can say is.. Too bad. I had a guy who kept running at me with the same build, and getting increasingly annoyed that he could not beat me with his burst ele.. He couldn’t accept that by doing the same thing over and over again, the result would always be the same. He didn’t want to change up his skills, he didn’t want to mod his build or change his tactics, he just expected to win because he always beat everyone else. It’s hard to accept change.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

I do agree that there is too much AoE in this game, and some abilities are way too spammable. But with all of the talk of these “OP” builds, I’m a little curious.

What is the point of running an inferior build? Are we all supposed to kitten our team builds in order to say we take more “skill”?

You shouldn’t be saying: “Yeah we’re really the better team, but because you guys ran faceroll builds you won.” because everyone has access to these skills. You could have just as easily taken the same classes, and because you’re more “skillful”, won.

There is still a vast skill difference between the teams running these so called OP builds.

So you’re complaining about things being OP but refuse to take counters to them. Isn’t countering other teams strategies a good way of measuring your own ability to adapt to situations?

You assume that I wouldn’t take those in an organized team. If there isn’t a counter to a build besides the crap we have to take then I would be a liability to my team to take a “bad build” out of principle.

I mostly solo queue, but when I am grouping up with people I make sure my role fits and helps the team win.

I am just sick of the game becoming increasingly auto-pilot, which the above team build is festered with, and that requires playing similarly to win.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Sol.4310

Thank’s, I’m glad you think I’m a “Elite Player”.

The tumble weed is strong with you my friend.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

swiftpaw.6397

I don’t want to play like that though.

This sums up the entire thread.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

I completely agree with the OP.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Sol.4310

@jmatb.6307, rather then us sitting here throwing banter at each other, lets build the bridge between the gap.

What class do you play.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

I don’t want to play like that though.

This sums up the entire thread.

I can see his point. I too don’t like all of the AoE in this game. And I believe everything needs to be way more reactionary compared to passive. However, there is something to be said about adapting to situations and different metas.

Builds are not the only contributing factors. Normally the teams with better tactics and coordination are the ones who win.

(edited by Elegant Avenger.8042)

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Xsorus.2507

Rofl, They’re the Squishiest class in the game? Other then the crap ton of Protection The Ele has and the multiple get out of jail free cards, as for Thief, Stealth Nuff said.

And don’t even get me started on the How you go about the Thief requiring skill to play but then rag on Signet Rangers

You can spend 30 points in a bloody line on Thieves, and get the ability to Heal and Remove Conditions every time you go into Stealth, as Passives… Hell..Your Healing Per Second is actually better than a Ranger has if you actually spec into the lines and actually use the same type of healing gear..I should know..I have a bloody thief, and I bloody do that..I get upwards to 800 Healing Per Second While Stealthed…That’s not including my actual Heal..That’s just Passive Healing that I get for going into stealth.

To even begin to claim the Thief requires any amount of skill at anything in this game is sad.

Also Lets clear something up for people who come into this thread.

Having No Sustain doesn’t make your class magically harder to play then a class with Sustain, There is virtually zero skill in playing a 100b Warrior, but its Sustain is god awful

Just like having more get out of free cards in this game doesn’t actually mean your class harder to play.

a D/P, S/D,P/D Thieves all require smashing your head against the key board to be effective… ..But They have a crap ton of get out of jail free cards..

Doesn’t mean their class requires more skill, it just means they can screw up more and live.

(edited by Xsorus.2507)

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Xsorus.2507

This is the problem with GW2 SPvP players..

What you just described is how you beat multiple classes in Dark Age of Camelot, which required far more skill to do 8v8 in than SPvP in this game.

“I don’t want to clear a bunch of Theurgist pets with aoe, I just want to single target them!”

(edited by Xsorus.2507)

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

I think eliminating passive crap from PvP will instantly make the game more polarized between good and bad players, which favors people who actually earn their production.

[+1] – I worship this opinion

I just also wanted to point out:

Down-state triggers passively...

Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

- Using high ground to get easy attacks on a melee class, letting them get the high ground and shooting them, making them chase me in circles without getting hit.

I like where he complains that rangers just dance around and then proceeds to tell us high level thief play is to…dance around. I don’t even know where to begin.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I think eliminating passive crap from PvP will instantly make the game more polarized between good and bad players, which favors people who actually earn their production.

[+1] – I worship this opinion

I just also wanted to point out:

Down-state triggers passively...

I would like the down state removed also so this still works with my desire to see all the passive stuff reworked/removed.

edit : re-reading the post I see that was your point as well. Good stuff.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

edit : re-reading the post I see that was your point as well. Good stuff.

Thank you!

Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

jmatb.6307

I like where he complains that rangers just dance around and then proceeds to tell us high level thief play is to…dance around. I don’t even know where to begin.

Dancing around as in evade spam. If you read things literally then people are going to rip you off your whole life LOL.

Using high point SB attacks to sucker someone on point off of the point is priceless XD. There is nothing passive or autopilot about that.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

and click on my various utilities.

Well there’s your problem.

No mouse, no right click, no right click hold, no gamer mouse Believe me, I’ve tried surrounding my hands with every “recommended” keybinds system that other people use, and it doesn’t work. There’s only one thing that lets me Move, Target, Change my Camera, Dodge, and take action at the same time, and that is if I use the mouse to quickly execute skills and target with them while my keybinds are devoted to movement and dodging.

I’ve gotten quite good at it, but nonetheless unless I blow a lot of money on a gaming mouse (and a table to use it on), I can’t overcome those limits.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Passive Play is Terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

GW2 is not the right game for you if you think that class-skill is important. It’s more about rotation and movement.

Read It Backwards [BooN]