Precision Strike works as intended

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

*2370 damage(hint: backstab is 1897 gg) ability in 1v1 senario with 4SECOND cooldown whitch is a 600 units homing missile that tracks invisible enemyes and treavells past any distence after cast so it can’t be disjointed. works as intended!
testing stuff on Moose and golems works as allways. pls fire some people already, released stuff contains a flood of untolerable bullshlt every major patch.

(fun fact if dancing dagger would have gotten buffs like this, bannhammer && nurfs && gutting would come in 2days. do something already)

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

*2370 damage(hint: backstab is 1897 gg) ability in 1v1 senario with 4SECOND cooldown whitch is a 600 units homing missile that tracks invisible enemyes and treavells past any distence after cast so it can’t be disjointed. works as intended!
testing stuff on Moose and golems works as allways. pls fire some people already, released stuff contains a flood of untolerable bullshlt every major patch.

(fun fact if dancing dagger would have gotten buffs like this, bannhammer && nurfs && gutting would come in 2days. do something already)

You know, this is assuming your precision strike won’t hit houses, critters, thin air, or people won’t strafe past it.

In other words, stop testing that on golems and try using it in sPVP. i can guarantee you won’t hit anyone past 300 range. Its a slow kitten projectile…

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Frankly, I’ve been surprised people haven’t been mentioning it. But because it hadn’t been, I figured I’d sit on my hands. I have a real problem with Revenant, not because of it’s potential, but simply because how literally “easy” it is to do their burst and on a low cooldown.

Now, it isn’t all roses and butterflies, the sword is designed really bad. In 1v1 its broken as hell and more than that, it’s WAY too easy to pull off and an exceptionally safe build. But in groups the sword is basically useless…

What they should have done, imo, is make Precision blade similar to the removed #2 auto attack, where it’s a piercing boomerang with slightly less damage so it can be used to cleave while not needing to be over-budgeted for smaller scale fights.

Sword 3 I still feel is a bit too easy for the reward of it, but overall, I think I’d care about this much less if sword 2 wasn’t causing such a pressure issue in smaller scale fights.

So like I said before I get hit by defensive Revenants, I feel you, it’s a poorly designed weapon. It’s too good in some areas, and bad in others. It simply needs to be changed.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Homing missile? Hahahaahah. Good joke. You shouldnt get hit by it even once at 300+ range.
Also btw.. it deals 35% less damage than intended atm. Enjoy.

I agree with Ron tho. Sword needs a change. It may be strong in 1v1 vs non pet classes (and assuming it wont shoot in idk what) but its trash in teamfights. Problem with sword is it doesnt know what it want to do atm. Devs want it to single out enemies but it wont do it job in teamfight due to it aoe nature.

It should be either pure 1v1 weapon set (single target skills) or be a bit weaker in 1v1 and scale better in teamfights instead (like gaining extra damage when enemies are in radius).

Also generally ppl doesnt really complain about it as we have other monsters out (scrapper/reaper/druid) and the sword itself.. bug too much to be dangerous.
Power rev is also hardcountered by anything with condi.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

The damage it can do was going to be a problem in PvP from the very beginning.
If every hit lands (which I’ve had a lot of trouble guaranteeing at any range other than melee) then it can do 4k – 7k, assuming all crits.
Sometimes, though, it’ll just send the projectiles in random directions, missing completely or target random objects you don’t want to hit at all and it becomes more of a frustration to use.

You can’t just blindly lower the damage either because you’ll hurt the PvE side that’s already teetering towards getting replaced.

So Sword now has an issue that it’s a bit too strong in 1v1s, but complete trash in anything above that. I was dueling my Reaper friend just for fun, despite knowing I don’t stand much of a chance and he started using Flesh Golem just to mess with me; the result was that until that Golem died, my Sword skills barely did anything to him. Maybe 2k damage at best. I couldn’t really burst him down because of the Golem and couldn’t outlast the Golem because lol conditions.

So basically, I agree with Ron and Burtnik; I want Sword to be changed because it’s not fun to get bursted like that and it’s not fun to have all your damage randomized due to targets.
That being said, I have to blame Shield and Enhanced Bulwark as well, because they just give Revenant so much sustain and defense compared to core Revenant.
I had to go back to core just to see how different it was and wow.
It needs a lot of help, but I think it’s much more fair to fight than Herald.

Tl;Dr make Sword a real 1v1 assassin weapon or make it semi-decent at 1v1, but become stronger against groups; fix Shield and Perma-Stab crutch while you’re at it. Preferably while maintaining PvE power (dat split balancing would be nice).

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

make Sword a real 1v1 assassin weapon or make it semi-decent at 1v1, but become stronger against groups; fix Shield and Perma-Stab crutch while you’re at it. Preferably while maintaining PvE power (dat split balancing would be nice).

I prefer to make it 1v1 focused wep to pick off targets in teamfights but also cause it open up a future power weapon called greatsword focused more on aoe attacks.

And yeah.. they nerfed the wrong trait, perma stability still doing well on herald while core trash rev got another nerf bat. Talk about “competence”

Balance split wont happen either.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

funny how rev players whine here while they effectively have thief dps and mobility while having 50% more hp and armor and better defensive mechanisms

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Malchior.5732

make Sword a real 1v1 assassin weapon or make it semi-decent at 1v1, but become stronger against groups; fix Shield and Perma-Stab crutch while you’re at it. Preferably while maintaining PvE power (dat split balancing would be nice).

I prefer to make it 1v1 focused wep to pick off targets in teamfights but also cause it open up a future power weapon called greatsword focused more on aoe attacks.

And yeah.. they nerfed the wrong trait, perma stability still doing well on herald while core trash rev got another nerf bat. Talk about “competence”

Balance split wont happen either.

Since Revenant is a bit of a hipster when it comes to weapon usage (and because it preserves some of the flavor that comes with the Shiro legend), I’d like Sword to be better in team fights and somewhat worse in 1v1 while the next weapon is either a strong 1v1 weapon or ranged (and I’d personally rather have Pistol or Rifle or a Bow since the class is already mostly melee and Hammer is terrible at kiting).

in PvP

Malchior.5732

funny how rev players whine here while they effectively have thief dps and mobility while having 50% more hp and armor and better defensive mechanisms

1. Phase Traversal got nerfed because it chased too hard.
2. Thieves have Shadowstep, SB5, Sword 2, and MANY other skills that can not only get to a target, but can also be used to escape.
3. Revenants have very little escape potential by comparison; they NEED more staying power.
4. Thieves actually have FAR more evades, gap-closers, and damage (just for comparison, in PvE, max damage Revenant deals ~19k DPS while a max damage Thief deals 27k DPS)

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

2. Thieves have Shadowstep, SB5, Sword 2, and MANY other skills that can not only get to a target, but can also be used to escape.
3. Revenants have very little escape potential by comparison; they NEED more staying power.
4. Thieves actually have FAR more evades, gap-closers, and damage (just for comparison, in PvE, max damage Revenant deals ~19k DPS while a max damage Thief deals 27k DPS)

Dude every decent player in the game knows revenant is overpowered and is the best class in the game atm. Nobody cares about 0iq required pve.
Precision strike atm is the best skill in the game right before bristleback f2

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Dude every decent player in the game knows revenant is overpowered and is the best class in the game atm. Nobody cares about 0iq required pve.

Ah, sorry, I forgot I was arguing against mindless PvP drones.

For reference, a Zerker “meta” Revenant deals similar damage (spamming Autos, Sword 2, and using Quickness + Facets) to a Marauder “meta” Daredevil just auto-attacking with Dagger.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Having a skill that is balanced around team-play, and overpowered in 1v1s is unacceptable.

I would like to point out that while on paper, rev sword 2 seems op, in practice it is definitely not due to points people mentioned above.

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Having a skill that is balanced around team-play, and overpowered in 1v1s is unacceptable.

I would like to point out that while on paper, rev sword 2 seems op, in practice it is definitely not due to points people mentioned above.

Thats why they need to rework it. Whenever it be focused more 1v1 or aoe idc.. but it has to be reliable and balanced in both scenarios.

Its better to run condi rev atm and avoid this mess called sword. Think ill update my rework (rev section) as i got some idea for it. But the general problem is that precision strike used to be a utility skill.. i honestly dont know why they even touched sword rev in the first place.

Also..dem hotjoin thief tears.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Every decent player in the game knows revenant WAS the best class and WAS overpowered, its high-mid tier at best now, still very good, but no where near overpowered anymore
And also considering that the ACTUAL best class in the game atm (necro) is a complete HARD counter to revenant it almost makes revenant not even worth bringing

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

So here i have the idea..

Precision strike. Revert the change to 1 projectile per target (and 2sec chill) and buff the damage by 135% of that invidual projectile. It will remain strong in 1v1 with 60% nerf to chill uptime and ~23% nerf to damage but it wont be useless in teamfights anymore.
It need projectile speed buff badly tho.

UA; I dont think its really cause any issues in 1v1 anymore. At mid-high tier at least, not talking about hotjoin. Yet it completely remains useless in teamfight tickling everyone around.

So the UA could use a change to damage everyone in 450 radius (block/dodgable, dont worry) of revenant everytime he manage to land a hit from ua swing.

Say teamfight goes on, you cast ua and hit the druid. 400 meter away was his pet and necro. Both will also take damage as well unless they move out of it radius. That basically fix the issue of UA in teamfights and pve without reducing it single target damage potential, keeping Shiro theme etc. The counter is to..spread out. Like we already do vs aoes.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

A) precision strike is supposed to be powerful 1v1 but weak in team fights
B) backstab is good for 1v1s and teamfights
C) vault does more DMG than backstab so if you’re going to compare it to something…
D) precision strike is very buggy. I know that’s not intended but it definetly nerfs it to a degree.

Despite that prec strike needs a change. It’s clunky to use and to deal with

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Malchior.5732

C) vault does more DMG than backstab so if you’re going to compare it to something…
D) precision strike is very buggy. I know that’s not intended but it definetly nerfs it to a degree.

E) You can aim backstab at a single target. Precision Strike targets whatever it wants.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

i used Backstab as an example becouse it’s the iconic burst damage ability of the older metas and unchanged since then. The fact that the power creep has no mark on it makes this skill a good comparison imo.
(also vault is broken as fxck not to mention pulmorarity impact if we want to talk about the dark sides of thief.)
to talk about the topic, the usual ‘Anet-sollution’ like -5% dmg is out of question.

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

i used Backstab as an example becouse it’s the iconic burst damage ability of the older metas and unchanged since then. The fact that the power creep has no mark on it makes this skill a good comparison imo.
(also vault is broken as fxck not to mention pulmorarity impact if we want to talk about the dark sides of thief.)
to talk about the topic, the usual ‘Anet-sollution’ like -5% dmg is out of question.

I agree backstab should be the strongest single hitting skill when behind, if not second behind grave digger. That’s a totally different argument though. I think the main problem is as you said, power creep.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

only problem is that when a thief fights a rev the thief dies after sword 2 +3
or if he gets the upper hand he dies after the rev have used shield 5 and then swap to staff and spam the op skills there

in PvP

Malchior.5732

only problem is that when a thief fights a rev the thief dies after sword 2 +3
or if he gets the upper hand he dies after the rev have used shield 5 and then swap to staff and spam the op skills there

Uh, if we’re going to argue this, I could just as easily say:

The Thief uses Steal, uses the stolen ability to Slow the Revenant (who has no instant cleanses whatsoever) or saves it up for when he decides to swap to Glint to prevent Facet of Light from even activating, the Thief evades both Sword 2 and 3 because they have more than enough evades to spare and then they start beating on the Revenant with Shadow Shot, Autos, and Black Powder. If the Revenant so much as decides to use Shield 5, the Thief then uses Basilisk Venom (either forcing a Shield 5 cancel or then stunning them through it) and proceeds to kill him.
Hell, the Thief could start the fight by dropping Poison on the Revenant with Shortbow and kiting and then swapping to D/P or whatever and wrecking him there while crippling the heals.

This is why that sort of argument doesn’t really work here. Both classes have ways to counter certain things so it falls on skill somewhat, but what we’re arguing about is that Precision Strike is too good at one specific scenario, but completely random, unreliable trash in another that’s out of anyone’s control. For crying out loud, I had my Precision Strike literally go directly up because my opponent decided to use a leap.

in PvP

Booms.3952

Let’s see how many revs will be in the PL finals compared to necros and then tell me what you guys think is the most op class. Necros have too many ways to get killed quickly to be as op as revs atm.

@above
Good thing precision strike tracks so it still hit

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Malchior.5732

@above

Yea, I don’t think going directly up will actually hit anything.

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

This video disagrees with you. Something else?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They should remake that video post changes.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Booms.3952

Wow you’re right it’s not op now
Nvm still does 10k every 4s

I actually just watched the video and the dude is outside 600 range why does that matter

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

(edited by Booms.3952)

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

They should remake that video post changes.

Nothing changed. Projectiles still act the way they did aka miss a lot at 300+ range. Honestly this ability doesnt make sense to be ranged anymore. Should be reworked to melee.

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

here you go! https://youtu.be/o9bCVXyqR5g
the demostration:
#1: MAXIMUM range is disjointable with sidestepping IF the revenant is standing still
#2: mid range is NOT disjointable
#3: ?WTF? no maximum distance traweled, it seems this skill is not disjointable with teleporting.
#4: if the reve is chasing you and not standing like a kitten skill isn’t disjointable with sidestepping.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

the demostration:
#1: MAXIMUM range is disjointable with sidestepping IF the revenant is standing still
#3: ?WTF? no maximum distance traweled, it seems this skill is not disjointable with teleporting.
#4: if the reve is chasing you and not standing like a kitten skill isn’t disjointable with sidestepping.

3 is broken and in 4 you kept going directly away from the Revenant instead of continuing to go perpendicular or switching direction (sometimes it’s borderline standing still).

Also, you guys should try using leaps like Dragonhunter’s. Sometimes Precision Strike will literally go directly to the sky, aiming at nothing.

@ Booms:

I’ve never hit 10k with Precision Strike. Most I’ve hit was ~7.5k which sin’t common at all.
It seems to average 4k – 5k when I run Zerker with Ret/Dev/Herald. It also doesn’t fire outside of 600 range.

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

It also doesn’t fire outside of 600 range.

it tracks invis targets though

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

the demostration:

You should try it the way i did in my vid..

Also it seems that you take damage right before teleport, not after. If thats not the case then it simply a bug. Not like i care tbh, i want it to be reworked so acually the more people complain about it the higher chance to get it reworked.. or nerfed into ground.

And something Malchior mentioned which i captured on my material vid (for another thread)

https://youtu.be/qdYIhaOfkns?t=22s

Look where the projectile fly bc thief used dodge.. and surprise..it didnt landed. I moved to condi cus for me sword is trash atm.

in PvP

Malchior.5732

It also doesn’t fire outside of 600 range.

it tracks invis targets though

It’s a skill that doesn’t require the player to have a target themselves, but merely checks if there are targets in range (part of what we’re complaining about actually…), so is that actually surprising?

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

Look where the projectile fly bc thief used dodge.. and surprise..it didnt landed. I moved to condi cus for me sword is trash atm.

that looks mega wierd

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

that looks mega wierd

That is something you see everyday when you play with sword on rev. Shocking right?