Profession Achievement OP

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m getting hammered flat and my teams with me. The last requirement for the Season III list is 7 wins on two additional professions.

I’ve lost the last three games by well over 300 points and become a favorite target for another player I keep being matched against.

I have no choice but to screw my teammates by playing a class I don’t know and hoping to rng the wins.

Sorry teammates, you’re essentially 4v5 but there isn’t much I can do about it.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you can play your strong profession and if the game is in your favor and your team is stomping them good, say leading 400ish to 200ish then consider swapping in the other profession for achievement when the game is almost ending.

in PvP

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

@OP,
That is where you are wrong…

1) Any player can play any ’’meta’’ build somewhat properly, if they have a will to do so… there are plenty of easy to play builds, the only thing that could keep you behind is your general knowledge of the game.
You are also not forced to participate in team fights directly.

2) If I am not mistaken, if you are sure that your team is winning, you can just switch to ’’other’’ class, just before match ends, and it will count toward that class…
(Or maybe they changed it for Ranked)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

@OP,
2) If I am not mistaken, if you are sure that your team is winning, you can just switch to ’’other’’ class, just before match ends, and it will count toward that class…
(Or maybe they changed it for Ranked)

i think they still have not fix this.

hopefully they wont fix it though.

it is a good workaround for us players.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Make that 4 games. No, I’ve worked my kitten off over a period of years to get better at Mesmer. I don’t have time in the season to try to improve on a profession I’m not familiar with. So, I and whoever is unlucky enough to be teamed with me, gets to 4v5.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Just play necro and roll your face on the keyboard a bit for some free wins

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Make that 5 games. this one was 513/32. I’m getting flamed and told I suck. Having a great time in this competitive and prestigious season.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Make that 5 games. this one was 513/32. I’m getting flamed and told I suck. Having a great time in this competitive and prestigious season.

what division tier are you in at the moment ?

what exact mesmer build are you running ?

i’m just reached 10/30 ruby anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

I’m sorry but maybe you should educate yourself. How is it that you do not know that you can play your main class and switch to an alt class if ur team is winning by 150+ and still get credit towards to Prof. Achievemnt. It’s ridiculous how we are nearly a month into season 2 and ppl still don’t know this. Heck how the heck did you not know this in season1?!?!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’m sorry but maybe you should educate yourself. How is it that you do not know that you can play your main class and switch to an alt class if ur team is winning by 150+ and still get credit towards to Prof. Achievemnt. It’s ridiculous how we are nearly a month into season 2 and ppl still don’t know this. Heck how the heck did you not know this in season1?!?!

i think the bigger problem is that OP ’s main profession is being shred into pieces in normal ranked games.

can’t swap professions for achievements if main profession can win games right ?

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I am sorry, but I have to disagree here. Getting 7 wins using 3 different professions is easy. In fact I recommend any spvp player to master at least 3 professions, so you can change your profession if the team composition requires so. This is essential for a pure solo queue player like me.

I did the profession win achievements as shoutbow warrior (yup!), scrapper (engineer), reaper (necromancer), druid (ranger) and chronomancer (mesmer). I absolutely suck as mesmer, still it wasn’t really that hard to do execute dual moas (continuum split + signet of humility) and spam shatters and conditions. If you are playing that kind of build (similar to chronophantasma shatter), you have probably been used to playing a relatively simple faceroll build. Let’s face it: most meta builds and elite spec builds, which are similar to meta builds, are easy to play, even if you have almost no experience before.

E.g. try difference of meta scrapper using hammer, healing turret, slick shoes, elixir gun, stealth gyro aka standard power scrapper meta vs core engineer using rifle + medkit + 2-3 other kits. Latter has much more skills, more complex rotations, more difficult to play, yet far less effective than the meta build. With similar skill level the meta build will win hands down. Even with 2600+ h experience in the latter, even I had to tweak my build more towards the meta, because the meta is just so much better than. This should tell a clear message to Arenanet, some skills/traits are underpowered and some like scrapper hammer are way overpowered.

Just go to metabattle.com and select something you find might fit your play style, modify the build little bit if you feel like it and get the 7 wins using that. And practise the build a bit vs all the NPCs + in pve and unranked spvp and WvWvW before going ranked. But good ability to rotate + team composition > build in most cases.

You can even get into Legendary as berserker (warrior), as another thread illustrated. I do NOT play as condition warrior, like he did. Nor with GS or rifle, like most warriors seem to play, but nevertheless getting 7 warrior wins using zero condition power or so the above mentioned so called overpowered weapons was easy.

PS. I am pretty sure I have below average MMR and I am barely in Sapphire now. I have had long loss streaks at start, but then finally started to recover. I often get teamed up with bad players and I have lost most of my matches in Season 2, even though in Season 1 I had 55%+ win rate. So I know the “MMR hell”. Actually I think the term is misleading, I think the core issue is getting team up with similar MMR and matched vs players of similar division pip range, meaning that if your MMR is low, you will most likely get bad team mates, while enemy team has average MMR of that division, which might be higher. But if you manage to loss only little vs higher MMR team, your MMR should not change much at all , maybe even increase, so try all your games the best you can. Remember MMR doesn’t change immediately, unless you have a new account (then MMR is very volatile). If you have had hundreds or thousands of games before, few losses or wins don’t matter much in your MMR. But 20+ losses will already hurt your MMR. So do NOT go practice your build in ranked, do that in unranked, like I adviced above. To my knowledge unranked and ranked MMR are separated.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

When I needed to play extra professions, I just rolled meta builds, tweaked them a bit and destroyed. Played Necro (full signet condi build, and boy was it lols) and Ele (Cleric support, and had some fun). I won about as often as with my main (thief). Maybe that was another advantage of playing thief, you don’t struggle too hard to switch classes. I think it took me maybe 10-12 games for my 7 wins. Didn’t change much for me, but playing other professions will help you learn to fight them.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

play ele, engi, necro, druid ??? profit? srsly hopping into a class have never bees this easy with this HoT potatoe.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

you can play your strong profession and if the game is in your favor and your team is stomping them good, say leading 400ish to 200ish then consider swapping in the other profession for achievement when the game is almost ending.

Best advice. I got all classes 10/10 wins because of this. If you have kitten you can easily relog at 475+ for lowest chance to ruin it. You only need to be in map loading screen when match ends.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I feel that match switching like that is cheating. Though I will admit I’ve power levelled toons by end-switching dungeons. Here’s my recent game history, using a metabattle build.

I make no claim to be a master player. I’m just here trying to have fun at PvP. Sadly, I have to be cannon fodder in ranked to try to get the backpack. As hard as the system is making things, I need to play constantly and get as far as possible in each season to have any hope of winning my wings.

That means that my teammates get to suffer with me trying to learn a new profession while playing in ranked. The grind requires that I play multi classes in ranked. The elephant in the room secondary issue is the kittened matchmaking.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

My day continues. I admit, I learned to play Druid better and finally eked out my seven wins. Druid is interesting and I enjoyed the healer role. Now I’m working on a auramancer Tempest. Still, it’s hard being cannon fodder time and again

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl